• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 23, 2019

    Finished my first week of training and did 2 ride alongs for home improvement sales (straight commission of upwards 15% and lowest is 5%) 3 weeks paid training, and 2nd ride along my partner closed an 8k deal in front of me, I need feedback from you guys regarding this industry, thank you. Sales and Selling

    Finished my first week of training and did 2 ride alongs for home improvement sales (straight commission of upwards 15% and lowest is 5%) 3 weeks paid training, and 2nd ride along my partner closed an 8k deal in front of me, I need feedback from you guys regarding this industry, thank you. Sales and Selling


    Finished my first week of training and did 2 ride alongs for home improvement sales (straight commission of upwards 15% and lowest is 5%) 3 weeks paid training, and 2nd ride along my partner closed an 8k deal in front of me, I need feedback from you guys regarding this industry, thank you.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:35 AM PST

    They also set 2-5 appointments for you a day. Including saturdays and pay 0.22 cents a mile for gas.

    submitted by /u/JoeyMcMahon1
    [link] [comments]

    Outside sales reps, do you work off a sales cadence software? (Ie: salesloft)

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 12:18 AM PST

    Noting that you are all on the road for a lot of the day, I'm curious to know if such software is even needed/expected/useful in this field.

    submitted by /u/patrickthag
    [link] [comments]

    I have an interest in remote sales.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:31 AM PST

    I have an interest in remote sales (preferably in the tech space - both hardware and software). How hard is it to get into remote sales?

    I used to work for a VAR as an Account/Project Manager. The company was small (about 25 people in total). I was never responsible for acquiring new clients and was mostly responsible for managing projects and working with existing clients to find solutions and then provide those solutions.

    I've also done sales before while working in Call Centers. I think the potential is there to be good at sales. I'd like to do it remotely. Does anyone here do remote sales work and do it for multiple companies?

    submitted by /u/954courier
    [link] [comments]

    Is your product or service a "need" or a "nice to have"?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:51 AM PST

    I've come to realisation that if your product or service is a "nice to have" as opposed to an "need", selling becomes a totally different ballgame. Products that customers "need" such emergency pest control are a relatively easy sell whereas products such as a customer service training are a much harder sell. With the first one, most of the prospect's psychological / company political barriers and a lot of other obstacles are already lifted for you. However, with a product or service in the "nice to have" category...a lot more heavy lifting is required. Discuss...

    submitted by /u/astillero
    [link] [comments]

    I'm FINALLY going to work for the competition in a couple months.... How do I keep this from getting messy with my existing employer?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 11:12 AM PST

    Hi All,

    Please provide your stories and advice as it relates to my situation and how you handled something similar..

    I'll be leaving the company I work for to go to a competitor in the next 2 months due to poor leadership and unkept promises on things like 401k and more. I won't talk about it here too much, but it's new leadership and they are fucking this company up (big time) - reduced commissions significantly, made promises, spend wayy too much money on things we don't need. It's appalling how bad they are at doing their job and how easy it is for them to blame their sales people, so I'm out. I'll be leaving right in the middle of our final quarter and I'm quite sure this will be enough to piss them off - what can I do to keep the peace? This company has helped me build the foundation for my career and I'm grateful, but I'm worried that I simply won't be able to keep the peace and I'll have to burn this bridge. I'd rather not do that if its an option (You never know who you'll work with again in the future). However, I need to get out of here, ASAP. My wife told me the other day I don't seem happy anymore and she wants her husband back. That one hurt pretty good.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Pooplips_4
    [link] [comments]

    Why do we calculate total cost after determining EOQ ?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:40 AM PST

    Am I wrong for believing I should not answer the phone (even at arm's length) if I am currently working with a customer(customer is in front of me)? Motorcycle/ATV/toy sales.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 08:54 PM PST

    My manager has given me grief to the point where he wants to write me up (been here 4 years, didn't know write-ups even existed, small shop, 13 total full-time employees). He believes that it's no big deal to excuse myself even for a few seconds to answer the phone and let the person know I will call back since we are all occupied. It's rare we don't have someone available to answer the phone but it happens.

    An old sales manager once upon a time RIPPED me (and just hung up the phone) on the showroom floor for answering the phone when I had a customer present (going back to my first couple months) and I have come to completely agree with his logic. I feel if I have a customer in front of me, they are deserving of my undivided attention and I strive to make their experience as exceptional as possible. To stop myself and answer the phone to me feels rude, not to mention it can mess up the flow of me doing my thing. And to what end? What if the phone rings 3 more times in the next 3 minutes? What customer wouldn't get frustrated and feel underappreciated or not valued?

    If I'm stubborn and wrong that's fine , maybe I'm traumatized by my old managers scolding. Any clarity would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/dreamsOf_freedom
    [link] [comments]

    100% commission no base sales position risk vs reward.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 09:06 PM PST

    How big of a risk vs reward would you be taking going with an door to door / business to bussines 100% commission sales position?

    I currently convert at over 20% for Victra(Verizon) where our average is 12-15%. Have been in sales for 3 years and always end up top of my district or region for conversion and $$$ per box. I have also managed a store for another indirect of verizon and grew it by 100% in 3 months.

    I have never had a full commission job so bit sketched out by any commission only jobs, But my hours were cut becuase my manager doesnt know how to grow a new store and I need to move on.

    submitted by /u/iiztrollin
    [link] [comments]

    RFP / SoW software

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 02:17 AM PST

    So, I've recently had the joy of coordinating and answering to a RFP, and my god I wasn't a natural at keeping track of everything.

    I read about rfpio on here, but they wanted to charge $10k a year.

    Thus I'm wondering, do you guys have knowledge of other software that works for structuring SoWs / RFP answers?

    submitted by /u/VonBassovic
    [link] [comments]

    How important where your grades and GPA when you where in college?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 11:32 PM PST

    19M. This coming spring i will be transferring to univesity from my community college. My GPA at my community college is about a 3.5. Once i go to uni, i will get a fresh start and my GPA will reset back to a 4.0. I am worried that once i go to uni, i might slip up and mess up my GPA, since the school i will be going to is academically rigorous.

    My goal after college is to start small and grind for a fortune 500 company with a good training program and then work my way up into a flashy technology or medical sales role.

    My question is how important was your GPA when you were trying to find your first sales job out of college? Do employers care more about you having a degree or do the also pay attention to the GPA? Do big companies actually care about you GPA?

    submitted by /u/CurtisDraper36
    [link] [comments]

    Well, It's time to start looking again.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 03:03 PM PST

    Going to try to keep this short because I'm at the office today. I work for a shifty AF company that sells half-broken shit and writes fake reviews of their products online to boost their ratings. They do this on Amazon, Target, and MANY other websites. They boast a failure rate of 1-3% when it's actually closer to 15-19% (I did the math). I no longer believe in the product and I refuse to take part in this unethical b.s., so I stopped actively trying to sell it. Time to dust off the resume

    submitted by /u/MassageChairTech
    [link] [comments]

    Is 1.6% Commission Normal for Selling Laptops/Tablets?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 04:18 PM PST

    Hey there. So I've been working at an electronics manufacturer for about 9 months now and I've slowly been pushed into doing sales for 50% of my work, then marketing the other 50%.

    They manufacture laptops, tablets, and some big ticket tech items (one costs $1,800) but the commission is 1.6% so you hardly get anything. It's really hard to have drive up sales with commission this low because I lack motivation. Is this normal? They're a fairly small company, only about 16 employees. I do get some POs for 10k sometimes so that's nice but with 1.6% that's about $160

    Thanks!

    Edit: I'm paid $14.50/hr

    submitted by /u/l9696
    [link] [comments]

    Would this be something you're interested in as a salesperson?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 03:42 PM PST

    I run a sales automation agency, and I'm in the process of validating "productizing" my offering in a course. The goal would be to continue to offer my " Done for you" service but to only my ideal clients with larger budgets and to offer a training program that teaches smaller companies how to implement our process in house. I made 1 course sale so far, but my other sales calls have been eh, whereas I feel like if I was pitching my "done for you service" I would have closed more deals by now. And now I'm starting to think maybe I'm going after the wrong prospects for the training. I'm currently pitching the same prospects I would pitch for my "done for you" offering, business owners. But I had a theory that this may be better suited for professionals that are new to Business Development. I feel like they'll be more likely to watch and implement the training since it's their job to grow the business and sales automation is a crucial part of that.

    I was also thinking about targeting salespeople, but I feel like most salespeople at organizations are not interested in learning sales automation like how to set up a CRM, build strategic lists, etc. they are focused on closing deals - so that's why I think Business Development professionals would be the best target since it's their responsibility to take ownership of the process (am I completely wrong?)

    Thoughts? Would you as a salesperson be interested in training/coaching on advanced lead gen/sale automation strategies to increase your companies' revenue or to just develop yourself as a professional? Do you think targeting Business Development professionals are a better fit?

    submitted by /u/RudeBag
    [link] [comments]

    AE at startup or SDR at PE portfolio company?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 02:42 PM PST

    Hey guys! So I've been working finance for a few years, managed to break out of the retail channel, but unfortunately my division was outsourced very recently. I did some interviews on the street but found a lot of shops in my line (equity research) are doing some big pivots in business model. As a result, I've decided to move into another field that's both a little less pretentious, but also well compensated and I've landed on B2B software sales.

    I've done some networking and right now my options are SDR at a mid market company acquired by a decent sized PE firm, AE at a ~6-year-old firm going into Series A shortly, or another finance gig (but across the country away from my family and long-term girlfriend).

    Comp is as follows-

    SDR~ 45k + 20k in bonuses spread out quarterly AE- 60k OTE 120k Finance- Middle Office Analyst- 80k base + 30k bonus spread out semi annually (WAY higher COL though)

    Right now, I'm not sure what to do. A mentor told me SDR or the finance gig would be best, but I do have sales experience, both cold calling and cold knocking, and in my past roles I've talked to C Suite guys and Wall Street analysts you'd see on CNBC, so I have NO issue talking to high level prospects. What are your thoughts? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

    submitted by /u/BagofBabbish
    [link] [comments]

    Ideal commission job, does it exist?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 01:18 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I will preface this with I never successfully sold anything in my life, nor can I, I'm convinced (the saying "can't even sell a dime for a nickel" comes to mind).

    With that little bit of self-deprecation out of the way, I'd like to get an understanding of what an ideal commission based incentive program would look like. Is it base + percentage or is there a fair way to structure a 100% commission offer?

    Full disclosure, I'm asking in the context of "I think I have the next *insert the best product you can think of here* but need help selling it".

    submitted by /u/rt82
    [link] [comments]

    New Territory

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 12:55 PM PST

    Gents and Ladies,

    I'm in a new sales job selling industrial automation equipment to manufacturers, power plants, food and beverage plants, etc... basically anyone with an automated process.

    I am new to the territory and am having a hard time breaking into accounts. My company is reputable, but no one will return my calls and cold calls in person have been unsuccessful. Emails are getting nowhere.

    I am not complaining, i will keep hitting the phones and road regardless. But anyone who has been in a new territory working to break into accounts, what was most successful for you? Time and persistence? Right now I am hoping it is just the time of year.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/forgotTolookUp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment