• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 24, 2019

    Daily Advice Thread - All basic help or advice questions must be posted here. Investing

    Daily Advice Thread - All basic help or advice questions must be posted here. Investing


    Daily Advice Thread - All basic help or advice questions must be posted here.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:10 AM PST

    If your question is "I have $10,000, what do I do?" or other "advice for my personal situation" questions. If you are going to ask how to invest you should include relevant information, such as the following:

    • How old are you?
    • Are you employed/making income? How much?
    • What are your objectives with this money? (buy a house? Retirement savings?)
    • What is your risk tolerance? (Do you mind risking it at blackjack or do you need to know its 100% safe?)
    • What are you current holdings? (Do you already have exposure to specific funds and sectors?)
    • Any other assets? House paid off? Cars? Expensive significant other?
    • What is your time horizon? Do you need this money next month? Next 20yrs?
    • Any big debts?
    • Any other relevant financial information will be useful to give you a proper answer.

    Please consider consulting our FAQ first - https://www.reddit.com/r/investing/wiki/faq

    Be aware that these answers are just opinions of Redditors and should be used as a starting point for your research. You should strongly consider seeing a registered financial rep before making any financial decisions!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tesla — 146k Cybertruck orders so far, with 42% choosing dual, 41% tri & 17% single motor

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 02:42 PM PST

    5 stocks for the next decade

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 11:01 AM PST

    What are 5 stocks you would buy TODAY and hold for the next 10 years?

    I am curious to hear what you have to say....

    submitted by /u/MrEcon
    [link] [comments]

    Do wealthy people really sell their investments for income?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:20 PM PST

    I hear the saying on reddit that we need higher capital gains taxes on the rich because they make their income by selling investments. Does anyone know if that's accurate? I cant imagine someone with $20 million selling away their wealth for consumption purposes.

    For example if someone wealthy wanted to buy a $5 million dollar house, would they sell $5 million of investments, and pay capital gains taxes in order to buy it? Or would they borrow against the investments or get a mortgage?

    submitted by /u/AnthonyNapoli
    [link] [comments]

    [PSA] If you're new to schwab and not sure what to start with, go with SWPPX

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 12:41 PM PST

    SCHWAB S&P 500 INDEX FD can be bought with $1 or more, when you hear everyone talking about "Just buy SPY and don't look back" that's this.

    Others mentions SWVXX as a safe place to hold your cash, and it is, but if you're looking for a simple S&P 500 go with SWPPX.

    submitted by /u/scuczu
    [link] [comments]

    U.S. and China can still clinch phase 1 deal by end year: U.S. national security adviser

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:47 AM PST

    How to determine if stock portfolio is doing well

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 03:58 AM PST

    I have a portfolio of stocks with Etrade. In my account, it shows that my portfolio is up about 28% so far this year. Is this number good? How can I tell? What can I compare it to? Notes: this is not part of my retirement plan. This is an extra account I have to experiment and learn. Thanks for your input!

    submitted by /u/rascally1980
    [link] [comments]

    Are interested in getting a credit card

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 03:49 AM PST

    Get a credit card with minimum limit of $10k

    submitted by /u/debbiejames34548
    [link] [comments]

    How, I made extra money in my spare time $615 in just 1 month only spend few minutes per day

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 03:42 AM PST

    How, I made extra money in my spare time $615 in just 1 month only spend few minutes per day

    https://surveyjunkie.bitrix24.site/

    Have you heard about Survey Junkie?

    So far, I've made $615.56 in 1 ½ months just only spending few minutes per day . Extrapolate that out over a year's time, and if I keep on this pace, I'll have made roughly $4924.48 (12/1.5 = 8, 8×615.56 = 4924.48).

    So My average earning per day nearly $20

    (look at the screenshots)

    • 1-3 minute average survey completion time
    • $1-$3 average earnings per survey
    • Redeem points for cash or gift cards

    WAYS TO EARN

    • Answer Surveys
    • Discover Deals
    • Product testing
    • product reviewing
    • Coupons & Cash Back

    Survey Junkie won't make you millionaire, but it's better than nothing, especially as a hobby in your spare time .

    https://surveyjunkie.bitrix24.site/

    submitted by /u/amalsha007
    [link] [comments]

    Выскажите свое мнение об Elrond?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 03:05 AM PST

    Очень интересно узнать ваше мнение, так как потихоньку данный проект elrond начинает набирать популярность среди инвесторов.

    submitted by /u/TrxHype1
    [link] [comments]

    How bad does it need to get for TQQQ to go to zero?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 11:10 PM PST

    I can't seem to find a discussion on this post-dating the bear panic this winter. We've seen it withstand a 24% correction in QQQ, and although it pushed TQQQ -50%, they are right now both at around +8% from the peak of December (pre-correction). I know leveraged ETFs have a risk of going to zero, but I don't see why they wouldn't have a place in a portfolio.

    So I'm curious, what would kill TQQQ? A -50% trim in QQQ?

    submitted by /u/Skeptophile
    [link] [comments]

    Are you guys buying or selling Amazon right now?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:35 PM PST

    As of late Amazons stock has been underperforming /going lower then usual. I'm thinking of putting money in hoping that now would be the dip. What's you guys' opinion?

    submitted by /u/ngotm
    [link] [comments]

    With free broker trades now, why not create your own index?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:13 AM PST

    Consider that SPY has a fee of 0.09%.

    This represents $450 per year on a portfolio of $500,000

    Or IBB (a biotech etf) which has a fee of 0.47%, which is $2350 per year on a $500,000 portfolio.

    One could replicate these funds with individual stock purchases now that we have commission free trading.

    Maybe not worth it in the case of SPY, but certainly in the case of IBB.

    Or you could create your own custom index fund. Say you wanted a index fund comprised of only companies with CEOs under 40 years old or who are paid less than $500,000 per year any other criteria.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Yottahz
    [link] [comments]

    Leveraged buy and hold investing

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 11:01 AM PST

    Here is an interesting article about the merits and pitfalls of buy and hold w leveraged investments. If you haven't read it, it is fascinating stuff. Just 33% into UPRO and 67 into bonds beats the SPY with lower volatility. How crazy is this? I'm wondering if adding an equal weight into SSO or UPRO would make sense for a dollar cost average approach to a lazy portfolio.

    submitted by /u/Gutierrezjm6
    [link] [comments]

    QUESTION ABOUT SAUDI ARAMCO IPO

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 12:45 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I live in the Middle East and lately ARAMCO just went IPO, I'm very new to investing (my first ever stocks actually) and I have no idea if this is a good or a bad thing? What are your opinions on this matter? If you were in my place and have the opportunity to do the same would you do so?

    submitted by /u/LegendaryPoopa
    [link] [comments]

    What is 'good' backtesting results?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:41 PM PST

    I've been doing a bit of backtesting with ProQuant and have had some results come back that feel good but obviously backtesting isn't reality and I've let a couple different stratergies start running similations to see how they do.

    While I've been waiting for these similations to do their thing I've been wondering what a 'good' backtest result is. Anyone can refine to infinity their formulas to give huge returns but as a general rule for Great/Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable results in terms of return?

    I've got 5 diffetent statergies running since 48hrs ago or so on some forex running that can open long and short positions whenever it's criteria are fulfilled. On backtesting the monthly returns are between 16% and 63%. I don't think 16% is acceptable but 63% seems great to me. Even if it only gets half of that it's good.

    submitted by /u/TechnicalyAnIdiot
    [link] [comments]

    Curious if I'm doing Roth IRA backdoor properly

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 11:23 AM PST

    So I've had a Roth IRA for about 3 years and maxed it out each year, but I learned of a backdoor by creating a traditional IRA...contributing to it...then converting to my Roth..

    Issue being, I did a test contribution to the traditional. I noticed it increased my total contribution total for both accounts.

    If I convert the money, 50$, to the Roth will the yearly contribution go back down til my next traditional contribution?

    Tl:;Dr opened traditional IRA, added 50$, wanted to convert to Roth to bypass limit, noticed total contribution went up by 50$. I do right or wrong?

    submitted by /u/Snurtysnurts
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think BYND stock are already dead and still bearish, or may come back, they are at $77 from being at $200 in the beginning of 2019.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:06 PM PST

    Kraft Heinz For School Project

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:55 PM PST

    Hello all,

    I have been having a conflicting time this evening. I am currently working on a group project stock pitch for my introductory security analysis class. I have some experience with equity analysis but am still learning.

    Anyways, my group wants to do Kraft Heinz. I have been noticing that the company is having some issues with their debt and organic sales growth, which I don't like. But they also have one of the best operating margins in their sector.... and the stock has sold off quite substantially this year, arguably proving an entry from a value position. The dividend is nice and the stock could be a great buy if they can turn the company around and ramp up marketing/r&d spending again.

    All in all.... I have no clue what to think.

    Please leave me some advice on what you would research next to help guide your decision.

    If you are a bull, please provide me with a solid evidence backed thesis for buying. (And vice versa from a bear).

    Anyways thanks guys

    submitted by /u/Mr-Monopolyy
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone ELI5 how MLPs work?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:43 PM PST

    can someone ELI5 how MLP taxes work? from what i found out, its more complicated when filing tax returns, and may cost more if i have to hire an accountant to do it for me. won't be a problem if turbotax or others tax services could do it for me when i regularly file my tax every year.

    Also are there cases when MLPs are not a good choice to invest in?

    submitted by /u/AriusLoL
    [link] [comments]

    Is it insider trading if you invest in a pharmaceutical company while participating in their drug trials?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 03:08 PM PST

    Just what the subject says. And would you likely get any insight into the chances of the drug moving ahead in trials?

    submitted by /u/Bigmealplantime
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Amarin ($AMRN) and Vascepa - dud or blockbuster?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:43 PM PST

    Hi all, curious to get your thoughts on $AMRN now that we've seen the Oppenheimer note, the FDA AdCom unanimous 16-0 approval for a broad(er) label, etc.

    To me, it seems there is a near 100% chance the FDA will approve for the more broad (but not broadest) label usage allowing for Vascepa to be prescribed to at least a much larger population of individuals with cardiovascular problems and high triglyceride levels..

    But being a novice at this, I'm not sure why the market is being cautious - Oppenheimer argues that they will have a hard time scaling up even if approved -- is there any truth to this, and how would I go about looking at data on this?

    submitted by /u/FunnyCantaloupe
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on the cash app for investing stocks?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:51 AM PST

    Do you guys think cash app's new feature is pretty good with trading in partial shares of stocks. I have tried M1 finance but not a fan of how they do the trade for you on the next business day at a specific time.

    submitted by /u/mangoicenomi
    [link] [comments]

    What does the number on indexes mean (like 28750 on the S&P500)?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:44 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment