• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 24, 2019

    If you're a business with less than 1-10 people, do you have a CRM? Considering ways to keep costs down. small business

    If you're a business with less than 1-10 people, do you have a CRM? Considering ways to keep costs down. small business


    If you're a business with less than 1-10 people, do you have a CRM? Considering ways to keep costs down.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:43 PM PST

    For the most part, I think it's a must but I'm letting my frugal side make me question this.

    Do you think a CRM is a must for small businesses? Why or why not?

    What are some alternatives to a CRM that work well or what cost-effective and productive CRM have you used?

    For my small biz, our data and files got overwhelming quickly. We use Zendesk sell (it use to be Base) and it's OK for what we do. We have also found having a CRM in and of itself is not enough and we still need to be organized and manage our data well. Thanks to someone's suggestion here on Reddit we're having a weekly meeting to review our working leads and deals and that is helping as well.

    Zendesk costs us about $80 a per month with the phone integration-- do you think this is overkill for such a small operation? We are about 2 years old, and a 2 person, six-figure company (Low six figures). I'm looking for ways to grow and want to do it right, but conservatively.

    submitted by /u/RachieYamteq
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with toxic employees?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 11:38 PM PST

    I'm running one side of a small business based in Asia. My staff are expats. We're very new and have only been in business for about 6 months. We've had a funding problem and the primary investor backed out. We're now being financed exclusively by one shareholder who's under pressure.

    The whole company is made up of ten employees with five frontliners including myself. We're a premium private education company. Growth has been good - from our student numbers on Day 1, we've grown over 200% in six months since opening and have had very positive customer feedback, but we're still only making about 35% of our break even.

    Of the five of us on the front line, two are just becoming a drag. I can't get them invested in the message, they're unengaged, negative and lazy, and they're not pulling their weight when everyone else in the organization is giving 150% all the time.

    I'd love to get rid of them but recruitment costs are high and labor laws in our country work very much in favour of the employee. I'm at breaking point and these guys are dragging us down, affecting morale and taking up time that could be better spent growing the business.

    Any guidance?

    submitted by /u/AMinMY
    [link] [comments]

    Automation - how to get started?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:22 PM PST

    I am reading alot about automation on here. I am not really familiar with this but am looking for some basic intro ideas to start with automating for my business. What are some general things that most service businesses have automated? And how do you atuomate? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jenski1987
    [link] [comments]

    I'm struggling to get ANY work done.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:17 PM PST

    Since last Monday I intended on working very hard and making a bunch of progress on certain things. I've done the absolute bare minimum.

    Today I told myself I'd work, but all I have done is write and prioritise a to-do-list and aimlessly browse the internet and TV channels.

    I know it's as simple as 'just start' - and its surprising how difficult and exhausting it is to make progress on anything.

    submitted by /u/holdthebabyy
    [link] [comments]

    Knowledge Base / Wiki

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:57 AM PST

    Hi! I've hit a wall in a project I'm pursuing. Any ideas are appreciated.

    I wish to collect, curate, and publish information on automotive led retrofits. I'd like to permit people to post comments and submit their results with photos (example of data form). At least in the short term, I would encourage this by subsidizing the cost of LEDs for people to try through refunds in exchange for their results. I've had success with this in developing light retrofit sets for vehicles I don't own.

    I think a wiki or some sort of knowledge base would fit my needs, but it's very difficult to know what route to go. Ultimately, I'd prefer to pay for a managed solution, a software-as-a-service, rather than self hosting or developing a custom solution.

    The project will be run be me and possibly someone I contract part-time, if it is warranted.

    Zendesk seems to have the top google paid-search spot for "knowledge base" but it seems to be a small feature of what is more specifically a customer service platform, which I don't need and won't need unless this hobby of mine blows up somehow.

    The business tie-in is that I sell automotive LEDs. I want to help people buy LEDs that fit their needs, even if they aren't necessarily buying from me. I see that as the most difficult part of retrofitting LEDs into any vehicle. The second most difficult thing is finding quality LEDs with a long lifespan and a low number of defects. I'd offer guidance there as well. I don't expect I will ever be the best source for all LEDs.

    submitted by /u/snajo
    [link] [comments]

    How to approach stores/businesses to offer my new products.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 01:37 AM PST

    So I have a niche confectionary item that can be sold in a range of stores (boutique grocery, small grocers, dietary specific cafes & shops etc) and I know that they would like the product as it's one of a kind. I just don't know the best way to go about approaching anyone to offer them my stock for wholesale. Should I email, send a sample box, go in store with a sample box, reach out over Instagram etc?

    [My small business is 6 weeks old and I am brand new to the food industry hence me not knowing what could be a simple answer lol.]

    submitted by /u/imsailormoonirl
    [link] [comments]

    Finding Labor per gig?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 05:51 PM PST

    Any tips for finding Labor for occasional work? As of now I do most labor myself and when I need help I hire friends. I pay 20 per hour. I do garden work, but not hard labor like pavers or hauling heavy loads. My work is scaling up but I'm in a strange mid ground where I cant hire consistently but with bigger jobs takes me a long time to get them done. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/bonanza301
    [link] [comments]

    Usability check

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 01:54 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I thought about a product in the space of brand index and I have a couple of questions I'd like to get answers to -

    1. Do you measure your brand engagement index (BEI)?
    2. What do you use to measure it?
    3. Do you check reviews on google maps \ yelp \ facebook etc?
    4. Will you use a tool that will generate a report for you based on customers feedback?
    submitted by /u/sonjook
    [link] [comments]

    Discovered Online Community

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 01:26 AM PST

    Have somthing to share, talk about, chat with friends and families ?

    Hookup to my newly discovered Online Community

    submitted by /u/enjoyxoxo
    [link] [comments]

    Feel so empty

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:34 PM PST

    I have been saving and investing in the stock market for over 10 years. Started with $1200 and currently have around 300X that amount. I have been very successful, but never feel satisfied or happy. All my wealth has been made with passive investing (stocks & REITS). I never feel important or good enough. I have no reason to wear a suit and tie, and most days I really don't even have to leave my bed.

    How can I convince myself to feel important and happy with myself? I guess I have a problem with not feeling like I'm needed or having an exact mission in life.

    P.S. this isn't a subtle brag. This is 100% real.

    submitted by /u/itsmeandyouknowit1
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble getting approved on Google My Business

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:29 PM PST

    I started a plumbing a company a couple months ago and when I started I set up a google my business page and got a pin code In the mail. entered the code, and then nothing. Ive had two conversations with GMB support and they say its a technical issue and it will hopefully be resolved soon. Is there something on my website making this not happen? it's been two months and Im loosing business everyday because of it.

    thanks!!

    submitted by /u/riverfrontplumbing
    [link] [comments]

    As entrepreneurs, I know that you need graphic work done immediately get (1) Free graphic design here!

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:48 PM PST

    We have recently launched our startup which provides unlimited graphic design services, especially for startups, e-commerce owners and small businesses. You'll get a team of professional graphic designers ready to work whit you.

    Get your FREE graphic design here!

    https://join.pencildesigns.net/onefreedesign

    We're looking for people who could help us with the initial feedback!! Thanks

    Pencil is an awesome platform that offers you unlimited graphic design service*, for a fixed monthly fee, no contracts, no additional payments…Just the best team of professional graphic designers ready to create cutting-edge designs on your terms and with only 1-day turnaround.*

    submitted by /u/annapencildesigns
    [link] [comments]

    Branding clothing or gear to make business expense

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 05:11 AM PST

    Hey all, I live in the Midwest and it's getting colder by the week. This is my first year owning a business and also first year where I'm having to stay out in the cold more than normal. It got me thinking, is there a way to be able to buy some winter gear and have it count as a business expense? My only thought is to advertise the business on the say coats, hoodies, jackets, etc?

    For example a good quality construction jacket or coat from Truewerk, Carhartt, or Arctic is $150+. Or some decent winter boots are easily $140.

    I'm not looking to screw the system, but let's be fair, I never needed this quality of gear before the business. And the IRS guidelines basically say clothing isn't an expense unless it's steel toed boots.

    So, is there a way these can be paid for by the business?

    If all is that fizzles out, what about a tool brand heated jacket from Milwaukee or Bosch or DeWalt? I own all those brands. Their jackets seem nice, but would they be considered normal everyday clothing and exempt from being an expense?

    I have seen other tradesmen show up in their own business branded hoodies and stocking caps, so I know there has to be something.

    submitted by /u/RenegadeBuilder
    [link] [comments]

    Square is unable to verify my information

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:06 AM PST

    I'm in the process of activating my Square account to accept credit card payments, but for some reason Square can't identify me. I've checked all the required information and I have given the right information. I am 20 years old and I don't know what I am doing wrong. Anyone else experience this?

    submitted by /u/jaycesuo
    [link] [comments]

    Tax Implications

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 03:06 PM PST

    Hi Everyone. My wife runs a small tutoring company and gets paid in advance for her sessions. We have money that has been paid in 2019 for services that will be rendered in 2020. Is there a way to appropriately account for that so we don't get hit with "retained earnings" in 2019 and instead count it as income in 2020? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/drg267
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of licenses do i need to make and sell soda?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 01:03 PM PST

    Ive been making home made soda for a bit now using old ketchup bottles i dug and sanitized and my friends told me to start selling it so i was wondering

    1. What permits and licenses do i need

    And 2. Can i keep using recycled and sterilized bottles(with a disclaimer) or is that an FDA no no

    submitted by /u/loliicon_senpai
    [link] [comments]

    Making products(and brand) always better than competition?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 03:45 PM PST

    In certain industries companies have to continually update their features and products. Just to compete. Meaning companies have to be able to make more and more demanding products. The brand also has to gain more recognition, and loyalty to keep money coming in. And above all else the product has to offer value in a distinct way. How does a company raising both their product quality and brand reputation to provide a distinct hard to copy valuable product? A product that is looked positively by your customer segment compared to competitors.

    submitted by /u/jesus_ismexican
    [link] [comments]

    How did you do to fix your pricing?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:34 AM PST

    I'm doing an amateur real estate videography but Everytime people told me to ask $30 instead of 5. I live in senegal so it kinda mean something here.

    One of my friend used my name to have a deal with a real estate agency for $320 (pack of 5 videos). He lied to me by paying me $40. I discovered everything when I got a mail from the client to come and take the check.

    It made me think that I didn't really do my pricing well.

    submitted by /u/daboyM
    [link] [comments]

    Reliable (ish) cheap (ish) camera system for small business

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:51 AM PST

    I am looking for 8 - 10 camera system for our business. We need half outside and other half inside. Preferably with night vision and wireless but open to the opposite ofc.

    We have been looking all over but we feel that this is the place to get the best answers on this matter.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/xCONFLiCTiONx
    [link] [comments]

    What's the reason for you to fail in your first business?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:50 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment