• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 24, 2019

    Hearing test was done for my baby while we were still admitted. I just received a bill because the hearing test provider was out of network, even though the hospital is in-network. What can I do? Insurance

    Hearing test was done for my baby while we were still admitted. I just received a bill because the hearing test provider was out of network, even though the hospital is in-network. What can I do? Insurance


    Hearing test was done for my baby while we were still admitted. I just received a bill because the hearing test provider was out of network, even though the hospital is in-network. What can I do?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 01:26 PM PST

    I live in Texas and have Aetna insurance (TRS, for teachers). I delivered my baby in September and was careful to make sure that my midwife and hospital were in-network. While we were there, my baby had the standard hearing test done. They just came in, did it as part of routine care. Nothing was ever said about whether or not they'd be in-network. The woman doing the test was in the same scrubs as the nurses, so I assumed it was part of the hospital.

    I got a bill for the services, totaling $275. The bill said that "as a courtesy, they will file a claim with insurance and they will send me a check based on our plan."

    Aetna shows the claim, but they denied it because Ears and Hearing, the company who apparently did the test, is out of network.

    Is there anything I can do here? I don't know if I should call Aetna or the hearing company, but I was never told that it wasn't part of my insurance. I know it's only $275, but I'm already paying thousands for the birth of my baby and would rather not add that on top.

    submitted by /u/minorlyamused
    [link] [comments]

    Young Adult Here- How the HECK do I sign up for Health Insurance? NYC

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 09:40 PM PST

    hi Reddit :) NYC based Freelancer here, planning on attending grad school in a year or two.

    I'll be 26 in the next coming year (2020) and I will no longer be able to stay on my parent's health insurance policy.

    I'm a freelance designer and illustrator, I think I make too much to be eligible for low-income assistance but I definitely do not receive insurance through an employer.

    Does anyone have advice for signing up for health insurance independent from an employer? Any tricks, tips, or things I should watch out for?

    Thank you in advance, this seems like something they should teach in school to be honest!

    Edit: I'm a heathy young adult with no pre-existing conditions other than a peanut allergy

    submitted by /u/katie1234567891011
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know of personal car insurance plans that cover you while making deliveries?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:29 PM PST

    I work for Instacart, which is essentially like Uber, but for grocery shopping. Earlier this year, I realized that personal car insurance plans might not cover my vehicle while I'm making deliveries, and so I bought a commercial plan with Geico. The commercial plan is so expensive though, that I can't justify keeping it. But I'd like to continue working for Instacart if possible.

    Someone recently suggested to me that some personal car insurance plans might actually provide coverage while I'm making deliveries. Apparently, commercial insurance is a must for anyone who does ride sharing through platforms like Uber or Lyft, but I'm only transporting groceries, so I might be able to get by with a personal insurance plan.

    Does anyone know of specific companies offering personal plans that will cover me while I'm working for Instacart?

    submitted by /u/JFox93
    [link] [comments]

    What's the strangest/oddest/weirdest thing you've covered on a claim?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:26 PM PST

    I would like to preface by stating I am not in the insurance business, the majority of my career I was in collision repair. I just want to hear the oddities, you know the whole "we've seen a thing or two" stories.

    On the collision repair side I had a DJ on his way to a wedding that had 4 cases of some expensive Brandy break in a rear end collision, the vehicle wreaked of alcohol feet away. I think only 2 bottles survived and the car was a total loss. He later told me he got paid in full for the RCV of the Brandy.

    submitted by /u/Adult_Content
    [link] [comments]

    I was sideswiped and my insurance very quickly wants me to get a rental car and get my car fixed and pay my deducible but shouldn't I wait first to see if they find me not at fault? Is there any risk in waiting?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:51 AM PST

    I don't want to pay my deductible obviously. The other driver was insured, and I send my insurance dashcam footage showing I was just minding my own business when BLAMMO.

    Is there any risk in rushing to get this all done? Is there any risk in NOT rushing? It's cosmetic. BTW if it matters my insurance is Mercury and hers is Geico and this is in CA.

    submitted by /u/poorqualityreply
    [link] [comments]

    My insurance lapsed. Looking for advice on the best course of action

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:46 PM PST

    I found out today that my auto insurance company canceled my coverage in September and I lapsed. They are willing to give me a new rate but it is absurdly high.

    I called Allstate (looking for a lower rate) and Allstate told me they don't offer coverage to anyone who hasn't had continuous coverage for at least 4 months.

    My questions are:

    • Anyone know of any companies that might still offer me coverage even with the lapse (I know it'll be high but perhaps it'll be lower than what my insurance company is offering)
    • Will this lapse affect me in the future? Does it stay on some type of record?

    I'm in a tough predicament. I can't afford what my insurance company is offering, but I also can't continue driving around uninsured.

    Any advice is helpful here.

    submitted by /u/WriteRead
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about health insurance Medicaid ,out of network

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 02:44 PM PST

    Hi. Just looking for advice and few questions. I was seeing my primary care provider for at least 2 years under managed care plan through Medicaid. Last October,I saw her like I always do,and had services,refills,flu shot,blood work done. So nurse follows up with me about blood work but not urgent and make an appointment. I called to make an appointment few weeks later because out of town for something. When I called to make appointment, receptionist told me my co-pays was $53. I didn't know what was going on but then was told she no longer takes uhc and the hospital who took them over only takes the other 2 Medicaid plans. I said well I was not charged last time I went in and no one told me about her not taking my insurance anymore. I did fill out paperwork there update version but nothing different from my previous on file. So she transfers me to the office billing and I talk to her about this and my last visit. Meanwhile I get a explanation of benefits form uhc from lab work. Which was done at the hospital attached to clinic who still at that time took uhc. Then yesterday got a bill from clinic for my visit in October. Dated the same day I called for app. Higher than what I was told for my co-pays. Bill for vaccine and clinic it says. There is an adjustment for self-pay which I don't understand because my lab work was billed. meanwhile because I can no longer go there because of insurance. I don't work and been sick quite some time that's why I'm on state. I don't understand how can they do this and what can I do about the bill. I changed my enrollment to the one they take but that don't go into affect until Jan. I wouldn't have gotten the shot or followed through with app in October knowing I was out of network. Apparently the clinic was taken over by a larger hospital during this time.

    submitted by /u/amgmissie
    [link] [comments]

    If two cars are insured on one policy, will my rates go up if we report an incident of one damaging the other?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 05:04 PM PST

    My husband and I share an auto policy with USAA insurance. I scraped his car coming into the driveway and the paint on both vehicles are damaged. If we report this to the insurance to get the paint fixed on the vehicles, will my rates go up? The policy is a full coverage policy and we live in TN.

    submitted by /u/Swing_dancer
    [link] [comments]

    Active Duty Military

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 09:42 AM PST

    Okay so I'm active duty military, I don't have a car with me on base where I'm stationed (Georgia) but I'm flying home for the holidays for 2 weeks. My old car at home is still under the insurance but I am not. My state of legal residence is my old state (Pennsylvania) what are my (preferably cheapest) options, do I need insurance even though the car is covered already?

    submitted by /u/FishtailPi314
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with dental insurance.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 01:27 PM PST

    So i got dental insurance a few months ago and went to the dentist a few weeks ago but i'm struggling to understand some of the bills i'm getting.

    First of all the insurance says that the dentist is in network (it says so on their website and on the claim after work was done) but the dentist said they are not.

    I had 2 appointments over the last 2 weeks and i paid what they asked for right after it was over. (it was $27 for an exam and then $160 for 2 extractions) The problem is i just got the claim from my insurance and it says i owe them $170 for the exam. Then I go to check the dentist's own website and it says that i owe $150 to them.

    I plan to call next week but i'm just wondering if anyone has an insights to this type of thing.

    submitted by /u/shogunreaper
    [link] [comments]

    Diminsihed value in Florida?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 01:23 PM PST

    Hello! I was recently in an accident where I was not at fault. A lady took a wide turn coming out of her apt complex and side swept my car (I have a 2016 toyota camry se, 50k miles). My car is currently at a collison center and I have a rental, all covered by her insurance. I am interested in filing a diminished value claim on the car. The mechanic expected around 6k in damage, since the have to replace almost everything on my passenger side of the car (panels, doors, hub caps etc.). When it comes time to trade or sell in my car, I know the price will be greatly down because of this. I dont expect much from a diminished value claim, but anything is better than nothing. Anyone have tips or experience with filing a diminished value claim in Florida? Thank you!

    Edit: I know I misspelled diminished in the title, unfortunately I cant fix it.

    submitted by /u/vainblossom249
    [link] [comments]

    How to get insurance coverage for safety consulting services?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 01:11 PM PST

    Hey, I've been trying to shop around to buy an insurance policy to start consulting. It's health and safety and risk assessments. I have an opportunity to do this in my own as an LLC for a big company-they want my services and provided me with the insurance coverage limits I have to have.

    Problem is, as I call around I'm having trouble finding a policy or I found one company to underwrite it but I'm fairly certain they are not understanding exactly what I'll be doing and pricing me too high. It's general marine safety and I think part is driving it higher- but the job is a general EHS and risk assessment not getting into the details

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/1anonymouswallflower
    [link] [comments]

    does deer collision really not count against me? or will it cause my premium to go up next year? Cracked one headlight housing and GEICO paid out $2760 to the bodyshop.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:48 AM PST

    I was coming home around 10pm. As I was approaching a stopsigh just a few hundred feet from my house, a large male deer jump out from the bushes on my right. I had no chance to react. My dashcam video shows that I hit it at 12mph.(was slowing down for the stop sign)

    The deer fell to the ground, got up and walked away. Since I could already see my house, I just continued driving and pulled into my garage. The right headlight housing was cracked and the HID bulb wouldn't turn on. There plastic molding below the headlight housing was also hanging out because it was cracked/dented.

    I called GEICO and they scheduled an adjuster to come to my house two days later. (so I wouldn't have to drive to their nearest office which was 40 miles away) When she arrived, I showed her the dashcam video on my laptop.

    In the end, GEICO paid the bodyshop $2760. That included one headlight housing, harness repair and a new 8-inch plastic molding. It was actually $3260, but I had a $500 deductible.

    I remember the adjuster telling me that animal collisions wouldn't be counted against my record... but what exactly does that mean? Prior to the deer collision, I had not filed any claims for over 10 years. My driving record was spotless for over 15 years.

    submitted by /u/OnePlinko
    [link] [comments]

    my husband hit a power line pole

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:27 AM PST

    so my husband dozed off while driving and hit a pole which totaled our 2003 Chevy Blazer. thankfully there was nobody else involved. the cops told him that the last time they had something like that happen, the guy was quoted about $9000 to repair the pole that he was responsible for. I wasn't sure how to handle it but a couple days after the accident, our insurance provider emailed me saying that a claim was filed. Will our insurance cover the repair costs for the pole? Also, if we go to the tow yard and get things off the vehicle (like tires, other new parts that we already installed, etc), will that affect the claim at all? We wanted to have it towed to our house but we were quoted $350 and we just can't afford that. I'm not worried about trying to fix our vehicle because tbh it was a salvage when we bought it but I guess I'm just not sure what to expect.

    submitted by /u/burninglikestars
    [link] [comments]

    Help me understand

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:29 AM PST

    I have BCBS. I went to a doctor for a sleep issues. Visit was $50 copay. Was sent to get an at home sleep test. Had to pay $325. Went back to original doctor for results. Paid a $50 copay. Was sent to a medical equipment place and was told I havent met my deductible and I paid $196 for CPAP.

    Looked at my claims list and deductible paid so far and and it says I've paid $0 towards my deductible so far with my claims. Looking st "Find A Doctor" and saw the original doctor I saw wasn't listed but the medical equipment place I went to was listed.

    Looked on BCBS app and this is what is listed for me:

    • Family Contract Deductible Amount
    • Current Benefit Year (deductible $350): In-Network Services: $0 Out of Network Services: $0

    • Family Contract Out of Pocket Amount:

    • Current Benedit Year (deductible $1850/single - $5550/family): In-Network Services: $196 Out of Network Services: $196

    Can someone help me understand why I have none towards my $350 deductible? What is this "out of pocket?" Why is In network and out of network out of pocket services both $196?

    submitted by /u/The_Voski
    [link] [comments]

    2 Minor At- Fault Liabilities Rough Estate Insurance Premium Hike

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:13 AM PST

    I'm a young driver (early 20s) who has had license for 2 years and just got a used car. I've only had Geico liability insurance for 3 months before I scraped two cars in parking lots within the 3 months. I would have rather paid out of pocket for the other person's damage, but both parties refused. I'm not filing a claim on the scratches on my car. The first payout was around $900. The second payout hasn't happened yet, but it's a smaller scuff mark and probably costs even less. Now the other party (I actually know this person) agreed to let me pay in cash after I filed the claim (since I made the phone call under duress), so I read that they could cancel the claim so that even though it's on record, there wouldn't be a payout, and thus affecting my premiums less. Should I go that route if the repairs and rental are under $1000? I currently pay about $130 a month for insurance. Has anyone filed multiple minor claims with Geico under liability and seen their rates go up?

    I cant upload pictures, so another reddit thread said to post in the pics subreddit. Thanks. https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/e0jpto/car_insurance_hasnt_paid/

    submitted by /u/sjdklf123
    [link] [comments]

    Who is responsible for road debris hitting another car?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 10:59 PM PST

    Location is NJ. An insurance company has twice left me voice mails to call them back. From what i can figure out from thier messages is that my car was on the highway and my tires picked up some road debris that hit another car.

    I am not sure how the person was even figure out that my car is responsible since the usual speed on that highway is 70mph and i can't remember running over anything.

    So i am responsible for any damages to the car and should i call the this insurance company back (Progressive).

    submitted by /u/NJMD
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment