• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 8, 2019

    SDRs/BDRs and sales people early in their careers should always be looking for opportunities even when employed. Sales and Selling

    SDRs/BDRs and sales people early in their careers should always be looking for opportunities even when employed. Sales and Selling


    SDRs/BDRs and sales people early in their careers should always be looking for opportunities even when employed.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    I have a controversial opinion I wanted to share with all of you, granted this does come from personal experience.

    Given how disposable most BDRs and SDRs really are at a lot of companies, I feel like people early in their sales careers should always be looking. Conventional wisdom does say that you stick it out for 2 to 3 years in your first role and try to get that promotion but the reality is that most software companies, especially startups, are unstable.

    A lot of them axe and lay off younger sales people at top of the funnel positions without even much of a warning at times, I know because this happened to me. The worst part is, this job hunt process drags on for months if you want a quality opportunity.

    What I think would benefit a lot of sales people is building a recruiter pipeline of talking to recruiters and having some as your go tos in case things go south. Have it planned out in advance, almost like a parachute.

    Only exception to this is if you are a top performer or your company is legitimately a top 10 company everyone wants to work for.

    submitted by /u/highighhopes
    [link] [comments]

    Cold email sales tools

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 05:02 AM PDT

    Does anyone have any suggestions for managing cold emails? Looking to track open rates/response rates, that sort of thing.

    I've seen reference to some here, but can't seem to find them now that I need them, unless I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

    submitted by /u/drumocdp
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have a problem with sleeping?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 01:59 AM PDT

    Hello business owners, entrepreneurs, professionals

    I'm thinking about starting a sleeping coaching company and I'm currently trying to fund out

    how I could make the lives of entrepreneurs a lot easier ;)

    Which is why I have two very simple questions:

    1. As a busy entrepreneur, what are the 2 biggest issues you're dealing with when it comes to sleep?

    2. Regarding your sleep, what would you wish for more than anything else?

    Thanks so much in advance looking forward to reading your answers!

    submitted by /u/VincentEnduranceS
    [link] [comments]

    Calling all one call closers!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:48 AM PDT

    So recently I have taken a position with a home improvement company which focuses purely on one call closing customers, or selling on day of initial appointment for those that aren't following. Holy Shit has there been a learning curve, but after a few months I have absolutely found some sort of a groove. I ran a 45% close rate on a company average of 35% last week, earning $4,500 in commissions, which is more 3x than what I used to make. I've always been in sales, but as we all know this is a pretty diverse job description. I've never taken on a position like this. Do you guys have any advise on maintaining the high? Obviously it's incredibly hard to maintain high performance over long periods of time, what are some things that you guys implement on a daily basis in order to maintain high moral?

    As this job is 100% commission based, and I'm privately contracted to sell for this company, and have no real responsibilities besides a morning meeting and making it to my leads on time. I have found myself with more free time than ever. What do you do to transition yourself into sell mode from sitting on the couch waiting to go to your lead?

    Close some deals today guys!!!

    Edit: spelling error

    submitted by /u/AmishChild
    [link] [comments]

    What 9-5 Monday-Friday jobs can I get or apply for with almost 3 years of experience selling and activating phones, as well as managing accounts and tech support?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 12:59 PM PDT

    So long story short, my ex and I both worked retail so having to work weekends wasn't a big deal to me, because we were both used to not doing much on weekends.

    We broke up and I am now dating a new girl who has a normal 9-5 job. It's really making me realize the strain working weekends and having to work until 9pm is having not just my dating life but also my social life, and I just don't want to do this anymore.

    Anyways, I worked for Target Mobile for about 7 months, moved over to Best Buy and sold smart home products for 6 months, then I got promoted to full time mobile consultant at Best Buy and I've been doing that for a year and a half.

    My responsibility's include selling phones, warranties, credit cards, signing people up for new accounts on the 3 major carriers, changing people's plans, tech support, etc.

    Are there any 9-5 jobs I can get with this experience? I'm working on getting into IT eventually but I don't want to be stuck working nights and weekends while I wait to get certified.

    I'm in my mid 20's if that is relevant. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AxFUNNYxKITTY
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone in SaaS?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    I just have a few questions for anyone on this field of sales. If anyone here is could you post and I will direct message you here! Thanks a ton.

    submitted by /u/nixkms2
    [link] [comments]

    How do I market something people don't need?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    The specific thing I am selling is the digital purchase of a video game.

    This is something people don't need, so I mostly try to stick to a refined target audience; but I am a developer, not yet a salesman. At the moment I have been posting in facebook groups and I am about to start contacting people who play similar games through the internet and try to convince them to purchase my game.I have 3 small children and making video games is my thing I've always done. I feel like only NOW I actually have created a good product that people will want to play. The product is still in production, but I have it at a lower price until it is finished. (relatively common for independant video games, it currently has a good amount of content for the price)

    Should I maybe try to find someone to sell it for me and give them a percentage; or do places require that I higher them for their services either way? I have no idea how that works, I haven't heard anything about it at all.

    The specific product is the video game "Something Changed My Neighbors" on GameJolt.

    submitted by /u/TheMysteriousJourney
    [link] [comments]

    Previous remote sales rep blew it for everyone, company no longer hire/moves reps to remote position.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    I've been at my first sales job(inside account manager) for about a year now and doing well, surpassing all my goals. It's a small family company and I love my office and coworkers but I know I will eventually want a change in scenery. There is nothing that I do in the office that I couldn't do remotely and if I was in more of an outside sales role, I would be more certain of a long and successful career with the company.

    The problem is the last outside/remote sales rep abused his position. This happened about 3 years ago, my supervisor told me the story but said we shouldn't even mention it in front of the owners due to how badly it ended.

    I will eventually ask for a new position and wanted some advice on the best way to present my thoughts on my future with the company. Honestly, there's not much benefit to my company if I'm working remotely other than one of their solid and consistent producers staying. But there's no negatives to me working remotely aside from their previous bad experience. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/JackieMoon000
    [link] [comments]

    How to make calls from a local area code? NOT SPAMMING

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 01:10 PM PDT

    Ok, so here is the issue I've run into. I have a Florida area code from living there for the past 7 or 8 years. I live in Michigan now and work remotely for a Chamber of Commerce. The issue is, when I call accounts/prospects from my Florida area code, no one answers. Is there a good way to call from a local area code (i.e. an app that gives a local number)? I still want to be able to text and call people but need it forwarded to my number, and so on. My job gave me a local number that people can call and it forwards it to my cell. The issue is when I call/text them back from my Florida area code.

    submitted by /u/loonydan42
    [link] [comments]

    No response from messaging LinkedIn connections..

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    So I have been utilizing LinkedIn to the best of my ability to network for employment opportunities. I have gotten a few interviews from job postings I have applied to or inquired about. But my thing is that I've heard it can be a good idea to reach out to current employees from a company I may be interested in and particularly interviewed with to get some input on how to better myself for the next round of interviews or simply just to get some more insight. I have reached out to a few current employees and gotten no response. Can anybody give me feedback as to why? I am very approachable and give details as to why I would be messaging them in the first place (asking questions like what are the best things in their opinion on the position, how the culture is, and so on)

    These are all outside sales, B2B sales, and AE positions if that matters

    submitted by /u/NNate9
    [link] [comments]

    Is sales for me?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    So I'm a recent graduate who got a degree in marketing along with a certificate in professional sales.

    I thought sales was a good career path because there's money to be made & I can help people at the same time.

    I graduated & moved a few states away with my fiancé & found a job in radio ad sales. I've been there for 3 months now & I feel absolutely lost.

    I've been calling people & have made two sales but I feel like half the time I don't know what to do with my time. I call the people on my prospect list & get nowhere, the people I do meet with seem interested but I'm not getting them interested enough because they don't want to go forward with advertising yet.

    I struggle with pushing past people when they tell me they're not interested or can't afford it. I don't like trying to convince people and be pushy, although I'm fairly confident that advertising with us is beneficial (haven't been there long enough to have seen it actually work).

    On top of this, after two months of cold calling, I dread it. I know you can't take cold calling personally but damnit i don't know how to separate myself from it. I try to push past objections & ask why and I get hung up on. I literally dread calling people and it's gotten worse since I started it, not better.

    It's to the point where I've been low-key missing my old factory job. I've learned I like having a list of things to knock out & get done, and I miss working with my hands. I hate sitting all day and I'm either sitting in my office calling people or I'm driving/walking around trying to drop off a business card in order to get some interest built up.

    I know that jobs like these take time to build your book of business, but I'm starting to feel like maybe sales just isn't for me. I enjoy the social aspect & being able to help people but I'm wondering if sales is really the avenue I should be pursuing. I don't know if it's different in different industries, but I'm seriously struggling right now on wether or not I should keep going in the job I'm in now or if I should start looking at some factory jobs or something totally different. I also don't know how long my fiancé & I plan to stay in this area so if I build my book for 2-3 years to where I'm finally off salary & into commission, I may end up leaving & having to start over.

    Any guidance would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Thenderson2011
    [link] [comments]

    Finding Phone Numbers

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:59 AM PDT

    I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times, but I can't seem to find any decent answers. Most posts are talking about reverse number lookup services and thats not what I need. I have names and usually addresses (at minimum hometown) from lists I build of real estate owners. I am trying to find phone numbers for these people and some are extremely difficult to find.

    I use whitepages.com and usually find working numbers for about half of the contacts I'm looking for. Their paid service is surprisingly good with cell numbers also even though I often end up mistakenly calling wives, neighbors, and even one guy's granddaughter.

    What I really need is another service to fill in the gaps and/or replace whitepages since I can only find roughly half of the numbers I need. I've used beenverified.com and syncme but not much luck with either of those.

    Do any of you have better sources for finding phone numbers, especially cell numbers? I'm not looking for a $100/month sign up program but I am willing to pay for a service. I pay $5/mo for whitepages and beenverified was $20/mo I believe so that is the range I'd like to stay in.

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/ColdwaterDDC
    [link] [comments]

    How to encourage HR phone screening interview for BDR position? Already spoke to hiring manager.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    At the moment I am searching for a software sales position and have found one that I really like.

    12 days ago I attended an open house of the company where I toured the grounds, met many of the staff, and had a great conversation with the hiring manager that lasted probably 30min (not many people showed up to the open house, I might have been the only one for sales)

    I was told that within two weeks I could expect a response from HR if they deem my qualifications fit, and that I would be ahead based on the conversation him and I shared.

    After adding him on Linkedin and thanking him for his time the day after the meetup, he informed me 6 days ago that my resume was currently with HR and he would advise them to reach out if I meet their qualifications.

    I am confident with every step I have taken thus far to pursue this position within this company, from the state of my resume to my research and contact with the company. This thursday will be the two week mark from the original date with no contact yet from HR.

    Is there anything I can do to enhance my odds of getting an HR phone screening? Should I reach out to my same hiring manager contact? Should I attempt to find the correct HR personal via Linkedin? Should I wait till the two week mark and search elsewhere?

    Obviously if this does not pan out it is no big deal, I am simply more invested here because I love the job/product/workplace and would likely kill the interview.

    I appreciate any advice on busting through this stage of the job process :)

    submitted by /u/Zincca
    [link] [comments]

    Part time opportunities

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:35 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Just looking for ideas. I currently have a full time non sales position that I don't intend to leave. I'd prefer to find something that's rather flexible and straight commission. I do have previous sales experience doing cold calling/ telemarketing and did well at that. I was considering maybe trying to become a real estate agent, a mortgage loan originator, or insurance agent. Does anyone have any experience doing any of these positions in a part time capacity? Would it be reasonable to attempt these or would I just be wasting everyone's time? Thanks in advance for any help or insight you may be able to offer.

    submitted by /u/microbrewdrinker
    [link] [comments]

    Prospecting

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 12:59 PM PDT

    I sell business intelligence software to smes who are trying to target new business opportunities with public sector buyers. Deals under 10k done totally over the phone/Internet.

    I've been reading books like spin selling, secrets of question based selling and Gap selling. Which I find give you some good advice on effective questioning.

    I do however feel as if could be better at the prospecting stage as sometimes I feel as if the customer gets fed up if I probe too much or just asks me to get to the point or "what I'm trying to sell" before I truly uncover a need.

    Are there any good prospecting books with good methodology to hook a customer in early on to allow me to do proper in depth discovery(outside of fanatical prospecting)? Any other advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/bobo-balde
    [link] [comments]

    How to attract customers - good video!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    Hey biz redditors, I've been an entrepreneur for about 10 years. I found this video really helpful in overcoming some of the mental obstacles I have towards sales. Thought I'd share it to help others of you who might feel blocked.

    https://youtu.be/v3jalx67vDI

    By the way I'm curious if any of you practice the law of attraction?

    submitted by /u/togetherwemeditate
    [link] [comments]

    Best companies to work for right now?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:04 AM PDT

    Hey guys and gals!

    Currently a AE and with one year B2B experience and I'm looking at positions anywhere in the UK.

    I'm thinking American companies that are series B is a good way to filter it? Open to anything as long as it's in the tech niche/XaaS.

    Let me know your thoughts! ( made a promise to be more active on this sub as I surf it every day so really want to give back as I was given so much 😭 )

    submitted by /u/Stringerbell21
    [link] [comments]

    Building a Military Resume for Sales

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:19 AM PDT

    I'm a year out from departing the Military as a supply officer and am starting to build my resume for both MBA apps and potential job apps in software sales ( moving to the research triangle area) and I wanted to get some perspective on what to highlight and what you as sales experts would be view as most important.

    Sales: My current role on board my ship has me managing two divisions as the Sales and the Disbursing Officer. As the sales officer i'm in charge all services (laundry and barbershop)on board a ship of over 1000 people. More importantly I run the retail services on board. On my resume i'm highlighting that we did 350k in sales, which was 126% increase from the previous year. This year we have a longer deployment and i'm hoping to increase that number to 500k. As i get even more competent in my role i've started reaching out to high profile targets on the ship in senior command to stir up orders and ideas of what they might want to see in the store. As the disbursing officer i'm kind of like a financial comptroller, as in i run financials in relation to all cash and check issuing of payments. I also run the Navy Cash system, which is an electronic payment platform and debit card system that was introduced to reduce cash use onboard system. I essentially run a giant credit card program. One of my concerns is that 350k is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of a sales quota, and might not hold weight to some people that deal in multi million dollar sales.

    Leadership: I'm currently managing two divisions, comprised of 25 people. I'm in charge of around 2-3 million dollars worth of equipment, it's maintenance, and it's accountability. I'm also the departmental training officer for almost 200 people. During my time here I've had multiple divisional evaluations. During the supply management certification i scored around a 94%, during my financial audit of my operations a 97%, and a 92% during our ship wide evaluation of material readiness.

    Cool Stuff: One of my other major jobs on board is the Helicopter control officer. I coordinate helicopter operations and led the flight deck team through around 130+ flight evolutions during our last deployment. This includes everything from routine at sea landings, adverse weather landings, and coordinating multiple helicopter vertical replenishment operations. ( a vert rep is when you move cargo between two ships at the same time... it's a huge undertaking). I also coordinate their crash and salvage training and fire fighting training while prepping for deployment. I'm not sure if corporate america would find this on a resume a breath of fresh air, or if its something that will get dinged as unqualified with no relevant experience.

    I would love to hear some of your thoughts on what would be relevant as well as what would catch your attention as an interesting character coming into a sales interview.

    submitted by /u/futureunknown1443
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone up? I've got role play tomorrow and want to bounce rebuttals off someome

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    I just training for a company that does foreign exchange programs for high schoolers. We are doing role play tomorrow and I have a few ideas for our most common objections. Is there anyone who will spend 15 minutes on the phone with me to talk it out?

    submitted by /u/timtim366
    [link] [comments]

    First cold-email campaign results

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    I just started my first cold emailing campaign. So far it has a 44% open rate (only 18 emails sent) but no replies.

    I'm really hoping to get replies in a follow up email which will include a personalized video.. good strategy?

    Thanks for all the tips here, this community has been a huge help!

    submitted by /u/am_trawlin
    [link] [comments]

    data & analytics AE. Looking for advice.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    Let me preface this quickly with some background. I have worked in the tech/marketing/data analytics space for 15 years now for an F500 employer. I have always wanted to branch out to the industry side and get into sales (I have a sales background prior). My wife works in cardiology sales so with her required travel (a day or two a week overnight usually), it was just never in the cards for me to get a job that had some travel due to family (kid) obligations.

    Now that the kids are old enough to fend for themselves a bit, I decided it was time to branch out. After applying for an AE job, I was contacted by the hiring manager and we chatted on the phone a bit informally. This would be part of an AE team in one of their named accounts - who happens to be the employer I currently work for. This is good, because obviously I bring a lot of experience with this particular account.

    My question to the sub is this - for those of you in the data and analytics space, how are you finding it? I've actually personally worked with a few people on this team and they are a great group of people and the company is a leader in their industry with an impressive offering of products and services.

    For those of you working in named accounts with a team of AE's, do you find this more or less difficult than typical outside sales (cold calling, prospecting, etc). My background has been more on the prospecting side. Also, the sales lifecycle is typically pretty long in this area, however rewarding, from what I understand. I'm not certain what the OTE is (we didn't discuss it because it was very informal) but my understanding is that it would be a bump up from my role now, once you add in the variable pay.

    I've been reading/lurking, but what are some top tips that can help me nail any upcoming interviews?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cf_murph
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop VS Tablet for travel

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Sister works a 80/20 home/travel position. Has been using only a macbook both at home and on the road. We finally got her a desktop PC for the house and now she wants to get something lighter and smaller than the macbook air for traveling.

    Having trouble deciding what I should be looking at for her to get and would love to hear your recommendations on what works best. Preferably something that I can sync/make work alongside her desktop.

    submitted by /u/Jailescape
    [link] [comments]

    Prospecting in an unfamiliar market

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so the business I am in deals with glazing, mirrors, railings and stairs. However I find it hard to begin prospecting since I have a limiting belief that my only potential prospects are home builders. I'm looking for direction, as well as a second insight since I can't seem to get past my beliefs of who I can sell.

    Edit: I suppose I just don't know where to start, and don't want to dive in and burn all the potential clients away with a terrible approach. Another note I live in Canada in what some say is the oil capital. I believe there's a lot of potential to make good money and help grow the business however with me being relatively new to sales I don't want to waste the potential.

    Background 6 weeks car sales where we had access to CardoneU and they had us use it religiously, And 6 weeks D2D doing alarms. Also getting into goal setting, sales books, meditation.

    submitted by /u/bort14a
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment