• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 30, 2019

    Life insurance denied! Insurance

    Life insurance denied! Insurance


    Life insurance denied!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Looking for your advice as I just applied for some additional life insurance and was denied. I am in my early 30s, live in Wisconsin and am very healthy, I run marathons and eat clean. So when they asked for access to all of my health records I had no issue with it.

    Comes back that I was denied. Not because of the testicular cancer I had 16 years ago but instead because I see a therapist. I have never been suicidal I've just always been a bit OCD and therapy helps me a ton. They listed the date that they found the therapist notes that concerned them but it was just a regular old boring session with nothing that should have caused this denial.

    They said I could re apply in a year but I am just frustrated and upset. Do I have any other options?

    Thank you all in advance

    submitted by /u/Oldpuckcoach
    [link] [comments]

    Is it bad to edit my auto insurance policy often? (Change coverages, add and remove drivers, etc)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:15 PM PDT

    Is it bad if I add and exclude drivers often. (Every 1-2 weeks)?

    For example: Week 1 driver included Week 2 driver excluded Week 3 driver included

    The driver would not be driving when they are excluded.

    Please let me know.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/SimpleApple2
    [link] [comments]

    Hilton Worldwide Benefits Enrollment

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:06 PM PDT

    So I started working for a large resort in South Florida back in January, and just recently switched to full-time. I have until 11/24 to select my coverage. A little about me, 31/m, single w/ no kids, no major health issues, not on any medications, average shape with a few extra pounds but it's something I'm working on, I'm typically very health orientated when it comes to what I eat and drink. I have a very active on your feet type of job. I do drink and smoke occasionally, but on average or when work is busy, I don't do either. I wear contacts, glasses, and have neglected my teeth for a long time. Just looking to get some basic guidance in terms of what plans I should select and the level of coverage I should go for.

    For Health Insurance:
    -The two lowest bronze plus plans per pay period are $25(cigna) and $27(uhc) respectively, both have a $2250 deductible and pretty much cover 80% of everything, after deductible is met. Both include a free annual physical exam. The next best option would be uhc silver for about $65, $750 deductible and copays. With either of these I'm eligible for a Health Savings Account I can contribute to to help deductible costs. Money goes in before tax, comes out tax free and whatever I don't use carries over to the next year and earns interest.

    Dental: (only difference in per pay period price between providers is their in network dentists)
    -Bronze($1-8): $100 deductible, $1000 max coverage, no ortho, free preventive care, 80% minor restorative care, major not covered.
    -Silver($8-14): $100 deductible, $1500 max coverage, lifetime ortho $1500, free preventive, 80% minor, 60% major
    -Gold($19-22): $50 deductible, $2000 max coverage, lifetime ortho $2000, free preventive, 80% minor, 80% major, 50% ortho

    Vision:
    This is kind of tricky because past few years I've just got a cheap exam done at a chain store and got my glasses online.. I mostly only use them for at home watching TV anyways and have been able to get decent pairs for about $50 all together w/ discounts. And for contacts usually get good discounts on 90 packs through a quick google search, like $40/box. So I'm stuck between just going for the lowest Bronze Eyemed option ($15 yearly) for the free exam, and continue to get my contacts and glasses like I have been, or going for the best gold option, UHC gold($112 yearly) which would be a $10 exam and give me a $200 frame/contact allowance and cost me about $75(if I understood the copay structure for things like single vision, scratch resistance, UV, anti-reflective, etc) for the lenses I need.

    STD: 100% paid for by Hilton

    LTD: 50% for $29.50/year($1.13 per pay period)

    Basic Life Insurance included @ $25k

    They also offer a wide variety of other options, that I don't think I need at this time:

    • Hospital Indemnity
    • Critical Illness
    • Accident Insurance
    • Supplemental Life
    • Spouse/Domestic Partner Life (single)
    • Child Life (no kids)
    • Accidental Death & Dismemberment
    • Business Travel Accident already covered up to $500k
    • Metlaw Legal Program ($195/year covers most legal matters 100% when working with in-network attorneys, tempting)
    • Healthcare Spending Account (min $260/yearly, tax-free w/ immediate access, however if I enroll in the Health Savings Account for the Bronze Plus plans, this would only be able to be used towards dental & vision)

    That's about it I believe, I have another post in r/personalfinance about the 401k option. I know it's a lot, but I appreciate any help I can get, it's been over three years since I've had any type of work benefits or even insurance for that matter, so this is all really cloudy to me.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/GRaTePHuLDoL
    [link] [comments]

    Young Adult Auto Insurance

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    I am looking into purchasing a daily driver - a 2011 MazdaSpeed 3 and all of the quotes I am seeing are in the $400+ range, I am 19 years old in Delaware. Is it because I am young and there is no way around that?

    It is such a steep premium and would be more than double the car payment, is there any company that specializes in young adult insurance? What can I do in this situation to try and find lower monthly premiums?

    submitted by /u/ZayhanS
    [link] [comments]

    Service to lookup customers current auto insurance policy?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    I was recently checking out an insurance site (getjerry.com) that asked for my name and a verified phone number, and then was able to pre-populate my drivers license #, and then automatically pull my current insurance policy information. How do they do that? A CLUE report doesn't seem to include current insurance policy details like coverages and premiums. Anyone got any ideas?

    Thanks! =)

    submitted by /u/hexarobi
    [link] [comments]

    Geico premium increase

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 09:26 PM PDT

    Does anyone have experience with Geico premium increase following a claim? I am in SF Bay Area and had an incident back in June when I brushed against the car parked next to me in a tight parking spot. The parked vehicle suffered minor scratches, didn't appear to have any structural issues. I notified geico and that was that. I don't even know the other driver filed a claim (had provided insurance info to other party). Now i see that my insurance quote went up from 500+ to 850+ (for 6 months).

    Anything I can ask them? Will they provide proof that they even paid any claim? This was the first time I filed a claim in the 10 years I've had geico. This feels like a steep increase for such a minor incident. Wtf are they going to do if god forbid i got into a real accident. This is crazy.

    Edit: When I say I "filed" a claim, that was just to notify them. I didn't claim any damages to my vehicle.

    submitted by /u/iotyot
    [link] [comments]

    Rude adjuster: what should I do? Home Claim TX.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:53 PM PDT

    So today I called back my adjuster to check in on a supplement I submitted the week prior for a mulch delivery. It is required by my city arborist to protect the roots of a heritage tree prior to work starting <$1000 on a 150k+ claim. This requirement has been known to them since May when the permit was granted. Through a series of mishaps we've just gotten to start and so I sent him two quotes for the work and also snapshot of the permit that shows the requirement. He tells me everything is covered except the mulch as "I didn't already have mulch there". To which I responded that it was again a requirement from the city, not something I wanted or care about otherwise in fact I wish they were not doing it also. He said he non the less it was denied. I asked him to explain why a cost I am incurring as a result of the loss is not covered as I have code compliance coverage. At that point his voice raised and he said he would just write a formal denial letter. I noted his tone and asked him if I had offended him. At which point he complained that I always question his denials (duh??) and that I should just call his boss like I always do and then he hung up on me.

    Now maybe iata here but the reason his boss is involved is because he was on an extended leave (long story short his house burned down). I feel for him, I am also without a home. But I still expect professionalism from him, that to me includes honesty and timely responses regarding my claim and calm rational explain actions for things I don't understand. Needless to say this is something that is now causing me stress as the relationship is deteriorated. With his displeasure from me going over his head and questions to him about claim denials, I don't really see a path forward as he can't seem to communicate civilly.

    That all said, I would love some advice from the other side. What can I do to mediate the situation? I personally think he is overworked and also bullshitter, e.g. says he'll do something then doesn't because he has 100 other things to do. So ideally I would rather just be dealing with his boss anyway, who has in the past resolved things in hours what took the adjuster weeks. Is that a reasonable request? What is the best way to approach? I don't like how he spoke to me obviously but get that people have off days and I don't really care if he is reprimanded. I just want someone to give me and my claim the attention it needs to be finished. And if denials happen then to explain why without throwing a fit about being ask for clarification. Is that unreasonable?

    So far I left voice mail with his boss and proposed a conference call with him as mediator.

    Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice. And please let me know if I further info is needed.

    TLDR: adjuster got upset (tone and defensive/accusatory language) on phone over me questioning a supplement denial and past times contacting his boss, told me to just call him instead then hung up. Looking for advice on how to respond?

    submitted by /u/PsyKoptiK
    [link] [comments]

    470T Endorsement Policy? [Allstate]

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:58 PM PDT

    Hello - I function as a TPA in the world of insurance and emergency tree removals. Allstate is a big customer of ours and is pretty standard in terms of policies (fair and reasonable cost to remove from structure + $500 debris removal from property). However, today I ran into an odd situation which seems to put a very hard limit on tree removal for this policy.

    The note we received stated that "Per review of the insured's policy, insured has a 470T endorsement that allows $250 for any one tree, shrub or plant, including cost of removal."

    Does anyone have any ideas if this is correct, or what a 470T endorsement is and what the language is? They don't share the full policy info with us so I can't find out from the adjuster directly. I'm looking for any insight regarding this "470T endorsement" and if it's been applied correctly, because something just feels off to me, and of course I always try to help homeowners get the coverage they deserve.

    submitted by /u/tachycardicIVu
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good idea to let the insurance company's lawyer represent me? Or should I hire my own?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    I live in California and was involved in a 3 car collision on the freeway. My vehicle wasn't able to stop on time and hit another car, which was pushed into another one.

    My insurance company sent me a letter with this wording:

    "Our current liability investigation for the claim below indicates that you are potentially liable for damages that may exceed your coverage limits and you may be personally responsible for the amount that exceeds the limit.

    The claim value could exceed your following coverage and limits: $50,000 per accident

    If so, you may be personally responsible for paying the amount that exceeds the limit. If a lawyer is needed to defend you, we will hire one. But because the damages in this claim could exceed your policy limits, you have the right to hire a lawyer, at your own expense, to represent you for this additional liability. We will cooperate fully with any lawyer you might decide to hire on your own.

    Policy Limits Disclosure

    [plaintifs] requested disclosure of your auto policy limits. This information is commonly requested, but we need your permission before providing it. Please complete and return the enclosed form.

    Please contact me if you have additional information about your claim or disagree with our current liability position. It's also important to let us know immediately if you have an umbrella or other liability policy that may provide coverage for your claim."

    I've never been in this situation before, and I don't believe I'm in the wrong. Traffic was backed up just past a hill that I couldn't see over, and when I hit the breaks, the car kept going. I think the company has me "at fault".

    I don't know what to do, because when the insurance company called me, they said the damages are close to $100K. I barely make $40K a year and can't afford to pay any of that. I can barely afford to get a replacement vehicle for myself. any advice or recommendations are appreciated. Also, do I give them my permission? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tfortorment
    [link] [comments]

    I have no idea what type of insurance this falls under for my business and need some advice. My insurance broker has to get an underwriter to draft up a policy because he doesn't know how to properly rate things. Help.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    The business is Mobile Auto Repair where I source out the work. The customer contacts me, I send a work order to a mechanic, they drive to the customer and fix their vehicle, possibly driving their car to fix it. I do not have a physical shop. The workers are 1099. My business can scale rapidly but there's no way to predict earnings because it's a startup.

    Vehicles I'll be servicing will cost under 100K.

    submitted by /u/Bodacious_Dad_Bod
    [link] [comments]

    [US, Arkansas] I haven't owned a car in 5 years. Now, they want HOW MUCH? >:(

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    Not sure how I could have insured something that didn't exist, but now I'm apparently paying a penalty for my... negligence???

    My average quote I'm getting is around $120/mo. I have but one speeding ticket in the last 5 years (5-10 over, rented car). My record a decade ago was much worse, and I never remember paying anywhere that much for bare minimum coverage. Even the company I've maintained a relationship with since 1999 (renter's policy ongoing in the intervening time) is giving me a similar quote.

    So, my question is—without violating the no-solicitation rule—does anything exist I can do beyond playing these offers against each other?

    submitted by /u/dwkindig
    [link] [comments]

    Help Choosing Insurance for Open Enrollment

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    I'm federally employed currently using the Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. I'm thinking about changing to the UnitedHealthCare HDHP because my wife and I are in our mid 20's and have no chronic conditions.

    Our premiums would be the same, and we'd get 1500 a year from the employer towards our deductible (total deductible 3000). The other parts of the program are similar in terms of copays and conjnsurance.

    The HDHP is enticing because even if we need to utilize the healthcare system occasionally we'd have the employer contributions picking up the tab and we can benefit from putting in our tax deferred wages and I know how advantageous the HDHP can be.

    What my holdup is that between my wife and I we have 270K in student debt (we make 175K a year). Would it be wise for us to defer on the student loans to max out our HSA? I'm already maxing my 401K and she's getting the match from her employer. I'm caught up on wanting to pay them off ASAP but I think the HDHP is best for our future.

    submitted by /u/Soarin-Flyin
    [link] [comments]

    Totaled vehicle in Alabama

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    My husband rear ended a vehicle with my little ones car seat in the back. He was at fault, and we already filed the claim. We have StateFarm liability only on his vehicle, as we hardly used it, but I know I need to replace the car seat. StateFarm said because we had liability only on that car, we could not get reimbursed in the state of Alabama. Does this sound correct? I can't find any information on it, and I wasn't able to contact my actual agent, just the 1-800 number.

    Update: thank you for the replies! This is definitely not something I would have thought about when choosing liability vs full coverage.

    submitted by /u/MamaGlass
    [link] [comments]

    San Francisco city-owned tree fell on my car

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:54 AM PDT

    A large tree branch from a city-owned tree fell and landed on my legally parked car, causing significant damage to the roof, windshield, and hood. Internal damage is yet to be determined as my insurance adjuster is coming out to look at it later today. This was the 4th branch to fall from this tree and the city is finally coming to remove it. The first two branches fell a month prior also causing property damage, and numerous neighbors have called since to have this tree removed or trimmed. The city was aware that this tree needed proper attention and there are records of previous complaints.

    I've spoken to the city adjuster as well and he asked for photos and to fill out a claim form to the city. Is it likely the city will be held liable for this since they were aware the tree was a hazard and that it's not a random occurrence? My car is an '03 with 110k+ miles so it's likely that the damage to the vehicle is more than the estimated value of the car. If the city is held liable, what can I expect here? That they cover all damages even if they are higher than the car's value? Or will they deem it a total loss and only cover the value of the vehicle?

    submitted by /u/amzramz77
    [link] [comments]

    Homeowners just dropped me what's my next step

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 02:35 PM PDT

    [edit] 1 Bedroom apt. condo. Chicago IL

    If I failed google and reddit search, I'll def. except links to an FAQ.

    So, there was a leak in the building and the adjuster came and recommended we go with his guy, his guy said we should redo the whole bathroom. We said if he convinces the insurer to do it, we'll do it. There was a mighty mold smell.

    We are about 3 weeks from completion of the project and it's been a roughly normal insurance/contractor hassle that's left us out of a shower for a few weeks.

    Today we got a pretty boiler plate - but very terse - letter saying they won't be renewing us because we were too expensive.

    We paid for a little over 10 years without incident. We told them we got a dog and they upped what we paid 3 years ago but we never had to make a claim for him or anything like that.

    Anyway, what are the basic things you look for when searching. It's a 1 bedroom condo. It seems like the process is sending a million different websites all your info then they spam email you quotes and adds for the rest of your life. Is there a better way about doing the search. I know there is a no soliciting rule so, don't violate that in your answer. I have till end of December to find a new insurer.

    submitted by /u/opital
    [link] [comments]

    I am embarrassed that I need to file a theft claim. It involves an old friend/landlord recently divorced from wife #3 and his latest wife--#4, my hospitalization and stolen jewelry. And my almost disappeared car ( retired Law enforcement description).

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:31 AM PDT

    I was renting a room from an old man friend, who had just been divorced from wife #3. Ew. I'm embarrassed that he or wife #4 stole misplaced or lost (stole? with no proof?) property of mine, after I landed inside a hospital.

    I paid all rent due that month and a few more months, when I was hospitalized, but he kept telling me that I needed to live elsewhere, and that "we need to sell your car." We were not a team.

    I was a friend. That utilization of "We," irritated me, so I was quite adamant about stating "We" does not exist, you are not selling anything of mine.

    So. he was simultaneously collecting rent while telling me to live elsewhere, while I was hospitalized. That sounds logical....

    In any case, thankfully while I was hospitalized in Denver, my Saab was at a Denver dealership. getting its radiator and bumper repaired during the entire time (5 weeks) that I was hospitalized, so I'm not sure why he kept saying as if he was my dad, "we need to sell your car."

    During that hospitalization his daughter was DMing me that, her dad, my friend, was in financial trouble.

    And she asked if I would be able to continue to pay rent, no problem, I said. I had been paying continuously. I kept silent about my undisclosed trust fund.

    My family asked if he was truly a friend, or if he was just a landlord, I said he was an old friend who was an old wrinkle bag, born before my father, family told me to stop giving him money.Since I had pre-paid the upcoming two months.

    Fast forward 6 weeks to the day of my hospital discharge. That day the hospital discharged me to a short-term recovery place. I was to be at that short-term medical place for a few months inside my original Mountain county 2 hours up/outside Denver.

    My family told him to rent that room for whatever time period needed. He refused. He took 2 more months of rent labeled as first 2 months post short-term stay. I stopped giving him money and pretended to need permission to authorize any checks for over $1,000. Since he had paid $4,400 in pre-paid rent thus far.

    Fast forward 7 months When I was supposed to be discharged back into the community, NOPE the landlord/friend + soon to be-wife #4 told me that I could not return to his rental, and refused to let me retrieve my property.

    He guilted me into storing my car inside his garage, made me feel badly for asking to retrieve it. My insurance policy and agent knew of its location. Everything was Rental +Auto insured for that address.

    Unknown to me, my jewelry was disappeared as was a $150 suitcase, and my auto's Vin placard was removed.How does a suitcase without its contents disappear??? He kept saying "We need to sell your car" as he blocked me from its retrieval, originally I told AAA to tow it to my location new medical facility location. My mother and that friend/landlord re-directed it back to his house.

    I had to have a retired LEO retrieve it for me; to get access to my car,I followed that retired LEO's suggestion, I made an excuse about needing a VIN inspection. BAM, my LEO retired advisor said he detected fraud, through their reactions. The landlord/friend + wife-to-be #4 protested against having a Sheriff LEO perform my VIN inspection. They suggested that their "friend" could VIN inspect it. That "friend held a real estate license and a used car license; when I told them I knew every license held by that friend, and thus wanted nothing to do with their non-LEO suggestion.

    They suggested that their friend could make everything easier by placing dealer plates onto my car to get my Saab to me. NO, I said the Sheriff VIN guy would be at my car the following day.

    I might be brain damaged, but I'm not going to violate basic laws. I was angry at that point. Can you tell that I'm a Saab junkie, who would never sell my favorite weird car.

    I have had AAA Platinum, and ...duh....wanted to meet a good-looking LEO. I'm a straight female who needed some eye-candy, badly. I re-told them, I was not interested in their used car guy selling my car. I interpreted their resistance as reason to re-state that I was never interested in selling anything.

    Then they told me its keys were missing. Of course, the keys were miraculously found after I told them about its security camera live-streaming and that I had a spare fob/key.

    The local VIN inspection Sheriff LEO noted that its VIN placard barcode thing was missing. My dealership car repair paid-invoice, documented the existence of that VIN, when I was hospitalized. So within a few days, I was suddenly allowed to retrieve my car.

    I forgot to mention that the landlord/friend had removed and returned property that had been inside my car since forever, and had moved my property that was inside my rented room into my car, car = everything had been parked inside his garage.

    My Property missing = my Tiffany's silver/gold jewelry, that auto's VIN placard, and my $150 suitcase, which had its contents emptied and thrown into my car. I had a freshly Cracked windshield at the Vin placard location.

    So, I'm embarrassed to file a claim, because I was too medically impaired to understand what was happening. My family is out of state so they were phone support, only.

    I've started the claim process by contacting my agent. The local PD over the telephone said the property theft is a civil issue due to its landlord tenant dynamic. So, I was not allowed to file a police report in that jurisdiction.

    I filed a police report in my current town, when the VIN placard was declared missing by the county Sheriff VIN inspection LEO, a police report was filed within the PD of my car's current different town location, the Sheriff didn't file a report, I followed his directives to file a report with my car's current local PD. So confusing.

    I'm at the wait for directions from my agent stage. It's embarrassing because I couldn't quickly navigate everything to maybe stop that b.s., from happening. (Edit: Was it stolen---it's gone...did they misplace my items? I didn't think theft, until... yesterday 10/29... Edit:My insurance agent was sent today,an email highlighting my "amateur opinion," that the friend/landlord was negligent due to his refusal to keep his hands off my property. I also wrote that I will try to file a report without mentioning the landlord tenant dynamic, since I was a friend staying with him due to his daughter telling me repeatedly that he was going to lose his house if he didn't get at least $1,000 per month from me. Yup, I felt guilty for having a brain blood clot.) Daughter had paid ex-wife #3 $300,000 for that share of the house. I was guilted into paying, until wife # 4 thankfully took over that role.

    It sucks being shamed for being a Gimp, and for not appreciating the storage of my car(said by wife #4). The good news, I got back my pre-paid rent $4,400 minus $300 deducted by him,for his expenses. $4,100 total, after my out-of-state-attorney family member contacted him. So now...I am going to contact the Avon-PD to try to file my report, hopefully I won't be report-blocked.

    submitted by /u/Crinklytoes
    [link] [comments]

    What is considered evidence of forced entry when claiming bulgary?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    So I am filing a claim with my insurance for stolen goods from my car in my apartment complex parking.

    The adjuster denied because she received no proof of forced entry to the leased premises. She then sent me this

    "Burglary" means the act of stealing Covered Property by forcible entry into the securely locked leased premises provided there are visible marks of such forcible entry upon the exterior of the leased premises. The mere absence of a lock or padlock does not constitute visible marks of forcible entry.

    So what is meant by forced entry proof? Do I have to go around and check every gate in the community and look for damages? Items stolen are worth more than $2500 and my deductible is $100 so it is so worth it to file a claim.

    Please advise me.

    submitted by /u/asureddit
    [link] [comments]

    Dental insurance - two cleanings per policy per year? Or not?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    My dental insurer has been the same all year. Except it's been two different policies (two different employers). It covers two cleanings per year. When the policy changed with the new employer, the insurance company told me I was eligible for two cleanings before EOY. even though I'd already had two. My husband and I went for our third cleaning of the year. His was processed and paid for in full. Mine was not and they said it's because it's my third. Is it two cleanings per policy per year? Or two cleanings per insurance company per year? What's accurate?

    submitted by /u/Summer-BBW
    [link] [comments]

    Does it seem totaled & If so what is "Actual Cash Value"

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:52 AM PDT

    So I ended up rear-ending someone who had superman-brakes. We were going 50 MPH and I had decent following distance, but they slammed on there brakes and completely stopped 50-0 in a literal 2 seconds. I also attempted to stop by slamming on my brakes, but it was just too late.

    Do you guys think it's totaled? It's a 2011 Mitsubichi Lancer 105,000 Miles.

    The bumper and hood will need replaced, the passenger door isn't opening right. (But there's no visible outside damage to it.) The radiator was damaged, and a headlight smashed.

    If it is, my insurance will cover "Actual Cash Value." Does that mean the value of my car before it was wrecked, or its value in the state it's in.

    I live in Ohio

    The other car faced no damage (somehow...?)

    submitted by /u/Anxonymxus
    [link] [comments]

    At what point is this a loan?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    I run a small welding shop with a semi-truck in Alberta Canada

    Building - $3600/year Contents - $3200/year Auto/home -$8800/year Semi - $23000/year

    $37600/year in insurance.

    Why can I not use the $36.7k and borrow $1,000,000 over 25 years and self-insure? Why not recruit and start an insurance company that doesn't seek massive profits? At what point am I just borrowing vs a cooperative insurance program.

    submitted by /u/Mavrk1
    [link] [comments]

    UK home insurance - friend / lodger

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    My close friend of 15+ years shares my home and pays rent weekly.

    When applying for home insurance quotations there are questions that ask for the number of adults living in the home and if any of those are lodgers.

    Although I don't see my friend as lodger, would he be classified as such?

    If so, would categorising my friend as family instead of a lodger be cause for an invalid claim?

    The only reason I would likely ever claim would be in the event of fire or flooding.

    Quotations where I classify my friend as a lodger are more than double the price.

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/lukesoad
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of policy would an auto body shop need to carry?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    I thought it would be garage keepers but I'm reading that it is only for car dealerships?

    submitted by /u/SpikeXena
    [link] [comments]

    Pick-Up Basketball General Liability Coverage

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:20 AM PDT

    Hello there!

    I'm located in upstate New York. I'm 27 years old. I am creating a basketball pick-up league with around 10-14 people. We will be playing at my alumni school. The school has requested that we obtain insurance (general liability) that protects the school.

    I have no idea where to obtain quotes for this, hoping someone here can help or suggest how I get the insurance?

    submitted by /u/vitahlity
    [link] [comments]

    Do I still owe my private adjuster for insurance settlement?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:09 AM PDT

    I had a roof issue that my insurance company refused to pay for. We signed on with a private adjuster that would pursue the matter on our behalf with the insurance company and their payment for their work would be 20% of anything paid by insurance on the claim. They were not successful and said they've exhausted their efforts. We retained an attorney and he was successful. My question is : does the adjuster still get 20%? Their contract doesn't address the issue of recovery from litigation rather than a standard insurance claim settlement.

    submitted by /u/Flatlandcavalry
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment