• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 10, 2019

    Inside sales and account manager postings promise $55k + first year earnings. Is this realistic? Sales and Selling

    Inside sales and account manager postings promise $55k + first year earnings. Is this realistic? Sales and Selling


    Inside sales and account manager postings promise $55k + first year earnings. Is this realistic?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    I see a lot of, "account manager" and "executive account manager," and even some standard cold calling roles promising $50,000-$55,000 base + commission, but I'm having a hard time believing that the claimed base salary is not including their pumped-up commission expectations. Can you actually make this much your first year?

    I have 3-4 years of B2B cold calling and account management experience under my belt with my own company, but I am by no means trained in any professional sales techniques, nor do I have a degree in Marketing. I do have a B.S. in communications. What's the realistic expectation here?

    submitted by /u/ohwhattodonow123
    [link] [comments]

    Cold Call Anxiety

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    Hey y'all! I've been working for a SaaS company for 3 months now doing sales. I love the job, love the company and have been making sales. This week I have been struggling with anxiety with cold calls. I make the calls and hope for voicemail. When the gatekeeper answers I have been getting a bunch of anxiety. What have y'all done to help with the cold cal anxiety?

    submitted by /u/brittp23
    [link] [comments]

    Example of why you should NEVER ask "is this a good time" or any of its variations

    Posted: 09 Oct 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    My success rate to get past gatekeepers is unusually high (since I've changed my approach), and as such I've gotten into the habit of going right away to a mini-pitch to my prospects. Typically it takes about 10 seconds to: (1) name myself and my company; (2) add a bit of social proof; and (3) ask a question to get the conversation started. After that question, I'll usually move in for the kill: book a 5 minutes phone call, and get a commitment for a day and time. Works very well, much better than when I used to ask "is this a good time to talk"?

    However, old habits die hard. Sometimes, without even realizing, I'll default exactly to that. And this fucked me over today. I finally got ahold of a very big prospect (GK let me through without any resistance thanks to the new approach I'm using), but instead of doing my 10-seconds pitch, I accidently went with the "is this a good time?". She jumped on the occasion to say no, she was about to meet with a client, and asked me to call back later this afternoon.

    Gave her a call about 15 minutes ago, and lo and behold, after the GK put me on hold, she got back to me saying that the prospect was too busy to talk and wanted me to send an email. Missed opportunity right there...

    submitted by /u/parad0x88
    [link] [comments]

    Account Executive Interview Presentation

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    Current account executive with 1 yr of experience and I have several interviews asking for me to do a sales presentation/ demo for their product.

    Are there any tips on how I should run these mock presentations? And is it common to have these presentations for interviews as an AE?

    submitted by /u/Magickarploco
    [link] [comments]

    Should I take the opportunity?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:55 AM PDT

    I'm sure some of you remember me asking about getting a sales job at 18 a few days back. I was offered an interview for this company.

    The company sells life beneficiaries. So if you get sick, you can pull money out of your life insurance. It's a stay at home job. After getting my insurance license, I'd have to buy my own leads that cost a couple dollars each. I'd then call them, setup an in-house appointment hopefully, then I would have to go to their house to close the deal. I'd get a little over $500 per deal closed, an additional $200 or so at the end of the year for it, and a bunch of other bonuses that I couldn't keep track of. It comes with training and all the other usual things.

    This is obviously not the ideal type of company I want to work for, but I need to get my foot in the door somehow. Thinking to just do the interview and go from there. If I can close a couple of deals a week, it would prove to be very much worth it compared to my crappy part time job at $9/hr.

    EDIT: This is definitely a no-go!

    submitted by /u/christianferne
    [link] [comments]

    Commission payout when leaving company

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    I know this has been asked here before I could use some clarification.

    My company policy states that I have to give two weeks notice when resigning and it also states that even if the company chooses to cut me loose on the spot they have to pay me those two weeks salary.

    My contract with the company states that resignation or termination forfeits commissions. It doesn't specifically say future or past. It says commissions are due to be pai when my company has been paid 100% of the money from the customer. My contract also states that commissions are to payout between the 15th and 30th of the month.

    If I were to give two weeks notice tomorrow would I be forfeiting my commission check at the end of this month even if I am still employeed on paper with the company, assuming they cut me loose right away? Definitely a gray area here I could use some clarification on by anyone with experience. My guess is they don't have to pay me but I picked up a final check on a large job last week so I should be paid that this month but can't continue to push off my future employer.

    I'm getting my commission check tonight for what was due before the end of last month (September) so the company is in breach of their own contract as it stands.

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/Megaseth
    [link] [comments]

    Senior Recruiter looking for a change...

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    So I've been doing recruitment in London for 4.5 years and earned some pretty good money from it.

    I'll probably earn £70k this year and I was wondering what options I have if I decide to change industry?

    I'm 360 so I develop business myself, find my own candidates, account manage etc and I think I am pretty good at all 3 but I might consider a change in Jan.

    I get approached for recruitment roles in London with £40-50k bases and then probably £40k on top for comms.. Can I match this in something different or should I stick it out in recruitment?

    submitted by /u/Rollzy2015
    [link] [comments]

    Looking new job recommendations

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    Here's my issue, I've been in car sales for about 3 years now. I'm doing well at it, averaging between 13-18 a month. Best month being 22. The pay scale here is not great from what I've heard on this forum and other people that sell in larger cities. At 22 units my take home was $5,000 or so. At 18 it drops down to about $4,000 and 13 unit take home is about $3,000.

    I enjoy sales but car sales particularly has just drained me. I don't mind working the hours, though having weekends off would be nice. We aren't open Sundays, so I get at least one guaranteed day off but the other 6 days are usually 10-12 hour shifts. I feel the effort in putting in isn't worth the income. My problem is that I'm 23, no college or anything, just 3 years sales experience selling cars.

    My current work place is very toxic because of my manager. I've nearly quit multiple times just because of the way he treats people. Nobody at the dealership likes him or his management style. To put it simply, he's rude and speaks to everyone like a dog. I've had bad managers, but this guy will scream at you for the smallest things, talk behind everyone's back and throw you under the bus to the owner if it can save him a bit of hassle.

    So my question is- what jobs are available out there that can have a better return on my efforts? Open to pretty much anything. Doesn't necessarily have to be sales, but I do enjoy it. I am in the Des Moines, IA area and looking very hard for a new job.

    TLDR; have sold cars for 3 years, hate my workplace and management, looking for a new job. Wanting to know what options are out there and where I can start looking for opportunities in the Des Moines area.

    submitted by /u/ChanceTheNapper01
    [link] [comments]

    How many appointments does the average SDR get monthly?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:33 AM PDT

    Obviously this varies based on industry but I'm just wondering what the average number of appointments a competent SDR schedules on a monthly basis. Also would you say that selling an appointment is a lot different than selling the product itself?

    submitted by /u/UpstairsAnalysis
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do if I can't find a contact?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    What do you guys do when you can't find a contact for a certain company? For example, I sell hardware for loss prevention and so when I go to linkedin, I usually find a contact with "loss prevention manager" in their title. What if I can't find anything? Do I just pick up the phone, call corporate and ask who would be in charge for that? I feel like this is a gatekeepers wet dream and my success rate would be minimal.

    submitted by /u/flippytuck
    [link] [comments]

    Mock Presentation

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've been a lurker here for a while stealing all the best advice that I've found to try to break into the capital equipment/research grade instruments sales industry. I've made it through 3 rounds of interviews with my top choice company and I've been invited to Chicago for a final round interview in a Sales Engineer position next week.

    From what I've found online this is absolutely no guarantee that they'll hire you. It seems that their decision almost entirely hinges on how well you can sell them one of their products. I have no B2B experience on my resume and this is an entry-level position so I doubt they're expecting to be completely blown away but I want to anyway. I'm confident that after the ice is broken I can identify their needs, keep a conversation flowing and sell them the product well but I've always struggled with starting the conversation in a fluid way. Any advice for starting the sales presentation would be greatly appreciated!

    Here's some more specifics on the scenario if it helps:

    I'm a sales rep for the company presenting to a small group of manufacturing engineers. They have the knowledge to understand how the product works but have never seen the product before. My job is to persuade them to switch to my company's product and close the sale without compromising too much on price. According to the manager I spoke with, no visuals or slides are allowed. It's just supposed to be a ~20min group conversation.

    Thanks for any advice in advance!

    submitted by /u/itwasmemario
    [link] [comments]

    Higher Education Sales

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 11:36 AM PDT

    I landed an interview with a small business, for-profit college. It is a full time non-commission, fully salaried with benefits position.

    They are seeking someone who can walk leads through the entire enrollment process - from connecting over the phone, to an in person meeting. According to the job posting, while this job is in higher education, it requires the skills of a salesperson.

    I would be expected to be able to talk and connect with people, help people make and keep commitments, be detail oriented, a team player, competitive, goal oriented, and have a strong sales background with measurable results.

    All of this seems like a good route for me to take, as I (23M) am newly married and wanting to take the next step in my career. My background for the last three years has been in high-end retail sales and automotive sales.

    Salary: $45K-$75K DOE

    Does anyone have experience with Higher Education Sales? Is this a good route to take? What kind of questions should I be asking during the interview? How can I best negotiate my salary?

    submitted by /u/RR7888
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to 99% outsource my inbound sales calls for a residential/commercial cleaning service business. How do i make it worthwhile to sales reps

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 11:27 AM PDT

    It's not a big ticket industry like other home service niches but there is alot of recurring customers. With that said i am willing to give a bigger payout and actually lose money on the customers first clean as long as they convert to a recurring customer (monthly, bi-weekly, weekly etc.).

    We get most of our leads from a paid channel where the customers have a high intent to book.

    My main objective is to get them signed up for weekly/bi-weekly/monthly service with an initial deep clean. Some will only just want a one-time deep clean which is fine.

    What can I offer to inbound sales reps? I want to make it worth it to them.

    submitted by /u/montecarlo1
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go after selling retirement service?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    I got an offer from f500 large HCM company to be inside rep for retirement service, where can I transition after a few years of experience? Am I still able to get into SaaS sales or should I go to Fintech?

    submitted by /u/MrImthatdude
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else use *67 to get in touch with prospects?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:34 AM PDT

    It feels so dirty but the response rate is so much higher, it's hard not to do it. I find customers will pick up more frequently than if I just call from my same number.

    submitted by /u/Bodacious_Dad_Bod
    [link] [comments]

    How to go about setting up a small B2B Inside Sales Team

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:30 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm planning to put together a small B2B Inside Sales Team for my business. Can someone help me with some basic pointers on how to go about doing this. I have been reading on this topic and I believe I need a Researcher and Marketers. I would like to pilot with a small team, keep the burn rate low and testing the waters.

    Target Audience A = Small-sized Vacation Rental Businesses on the west coast.

    Target Audience B = Small-sized IT Businesses / Managed Services Providers on the west coast.

    I would love to get some tips, pointers & caveats from those who've been there done that.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best,
    Sans

    submitted by /u/rsclmumbai
    [link] [comments]

    How to politely tell a company their SDR process is garbage?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:10 AM PDT

    Fintech Startup. They have 0 clue how being an SDR in 2019 works. They have me an example pitch in the first interview and it sounded like a high pressure wolf of wall street wannabe.

    I got a voicemail script to read and record for the 2nd interview. It's like 3 paragraphs. For a VOICEMAIL.

    If it weren't for being remote and how high the pay is, and how solid the product looks, I would have walked already. I've got experience as an SDR for ERP. I'm not a god by any means but this 90's telemarketer methodology isn't something I want to get involved in.

    If I get an offer, how can I politely ask that I would like to try and experiment with some new things?

    submitted by /u/wstruin
    [link] [comments]

    Confused with this company offering an interview

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:09 AM PDT

    Hello, so trying to get into sales, I applied for this job called "business trainee entry level" It covers CS, Sales, Marketing, and Administrative stuff. They say they need to fill 10 positions. It pays $17+/hr plus commissions and bonuses. Paid training and all. They have a professional website, but not one you'd expect from such a company. They emailed me offering an interview tomorrow. I'm 18 with no sales experience and kinda got off guard that a company would want to potentially hire me at such a high wage and what not.

    submitted by /u/christianferne
    [link] [comments]

    Making it in Workflow Management Systems sales

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 09:57 AM PDT

    Came across a job posting to sell a Workflow Management System (WMS) with much higher base and better OTE than current job. After a bit of research I realized that although my current gig does not focus explicitly on this, we do offer a WMS solution- although for an extremely niche need .

    I believe I have the ability to succeed in this role but I am not sure how position my value prop given the lack of direct experience with WMS.

    Is there any strategies or advice out there that can be shared on how to go about this.

    I have had 5 interviews in 5 months and no luck . I am happy to share the job posting and resume for future depth.

    Many thanks for the cumulative experience of r/sales! Any guidance is valued.

    submitted by /u/usaija
    [link] [comments]

    Clorox case study competition?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    I'm a sophomore in college who applied to Clorox's summer internship for Sales and Customer Analytics. I'm really scared cause I have never participated in such a competition and I don't have much experience with case studies. It says that each participant gets an interview. What is the point of having the competition then? Also what should I do to prepare for the interview? I have never done an interview for a big company like this so I could use all the advice I can get!

    submitted by /u/GoGators00
    [link] [comments]

    Best Sales rotational/training programs for new grads?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 12:13 AM PDT

    I am an upcoming grad with some solid sales experience on my resume. I feel confident applying for sales opportunities at any company. Has anyone gone through or know of any great new graduate sales opportunities and programs to start my career?

    Doesn't need to be a 3 year rotational program either, I would love to hear your experiences if you started a role and got minimal training but still loved the company or product.

    submitted by /u/NC63
    [link] [comments]

    [Medical Sales] Appreciation week coming up. Unique food/goodie ideas under 5$/pp?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 07:39 AM PDT

    Hey r/sales! The main department I call on has an appreciation week next week, where reps are permitted to buy food/goodies for techs.

    What has worked well for you? I was thinking of raiding the cookie aisle at a supermarket, buying a few baskets, and putting together a few nice baskets filled with cookies.

    One session requires lunch. I used Panera in my last role, but it exceeds $5/pp. Any other suggestions? Is a giant Sunday sub tacky?

    Any other thoughts? Maybe a goodie bag idea?

    submitted by /u/Hiddenagenduh
    [link] [comments]

    [Beyond affiliate networks] Finding sellers for premium educational product – where are they?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:55 AM PDT

    Hey there guys, I hope that this post finds you all keeping well, and that you are having a great week.

    I have a question that I am hoping you can help me with.

    I represent a company which manufactures its own educational product. It's a premium course aimed primarily at students (and their parents) who want to get into Ivy League colleges, and more generally at anyone who wants to improve their academic performance, such as the college student demographic.

    You can see a relevant landing page here:

    https://highergradesfaster.com/

    The company has starting promoting the product via various affiliate networks, and it has lots of ideas for selling the product in other ways. It has also starting submitting paid-for listings in various forums.

    However, beyond affiliate networks and forum listings, we would like to know where else it can find sellers for its product. For example, there is meant to be an army of dropshippers using platforms such as Shopify and Big Commerce to sell other people's physical products, but we don't exactly know where they hang out, or where the best places are to look for them.

    Does anyone have any ideas as to where to find these sellers – what the best portals and marketplaces are?

    Any tips, guidance and pointers are sincerely appreciated.

    With very best wishes,

    Alex Boksic

    submitted by /u/Alex_Boksic
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone be a top performer in sales?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 12:27 AM PDT

    By anyone I mean driven, success hungry people who constantly learn about sales and practice? Or is it like a sport where no matter how much you practice most people will never be professionals?

    submitted by /u/Cplus44
    [link] [comments]

    Breaking Into Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Sales Industry With My Current Credentials. Advice?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    As the title suggests, I am looking to pursue a career in the pharmaceutical or medical device sales industry.

    My personal background: - Former hockey player for 18 years with a history in holding a leadership position as a captain for 5 years. - Current Biomedical Science student (matriculating in December of this year) & applied to medical school, but had a recent change in heart to pursue this career. - 8 months of sales representative experience at a large scale fitness facility. Consistently met and exceeded sales, phone call, email, and prospecting quotas set by my superior. I also have the opportunity to start this back up in a seasonal role due to their need. - 8 months of health care experience in the emergency room as a medical scribe. - 2.5 years as a certified personal trainer. Though it is not directly a sales position, I had to sell myself and my abilities in order to gain and maintain a list of clients. - 6 months of conducting laboratory research.

    With all of this information, is there a plausible chance that I would be able to get my foot in the door into either of these industries? How do I connect with recruiters, specifically in Michigan? Is there any advice that you have for me as I continue my pursuit?

    Any input is much appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Hawesy20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment