• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 12, 2019

    I will make $115,000.00 this year but, I want to get to $200,000.00 any tips? Sales and Selling

    I will make $115,000.00 this year but, I want to get to $200,000.00 any tips? Sales and Selling


    I will make $115,000.00 this year but, I want to get to $200,000.00 any tips?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 05:21 AM PDT

    I do b2b cold calling. I'm going to make $115,000.00 this year but, I'm trying to get to $200,000.00. Also I'm burnt out right now. Does anybody have tips how they got to $200,000.00?

    submitted by /u/freightbroker222
    [link] [comments]

    How long do you try before you call it quits?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 11:52 AM PDT

    I'm a 1099 medical device rep main line I sell is cryotherapy to Ortho surgeons and hospitals. I'm 2.5months in and have discovered it's a very slow and long sales process.

    I know this can pay off big in the long run but how long do you put up with not getting paid? What if I keep going get 9 months in and still haven't landed any big accounts to make this worth my while?

    I'm sure as some of you can relate it's all a tough and long process but I'm in a undeveloped territory with no previous business. Also new to the area too so not much for connections either.

    Any help is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/brickteeth
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get the best sales training?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I am 18 years old and I really want to learn sales. I am working for a student door to door sales company at the moment and we need to sell charity subscriptions. I have been doing this for 2 weeks now 4 times a week for 5 hours a day (2pm till 9pm) because of college, but the problem is that I do not know if this is the best sales job to start out with.

    I want to learn sales because I want to work for my own or start a business a few years from now. Does anyone have advice for me? What kind of company should I work for? What is the best thing I can do right now?

    submitted by /u/michelberden
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find leads for a development agency?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 11:53 PM PDT

    Hello,

    We already have a few sources for leads at the moment (discord servers, reddit and website) but do you have any other recommendations for where a software develipment agency would could generate leads?

    submitted by /u/glancer000
    [link] [comments]

    Critique this commission-only comp plan

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:53 AM PDT

    The setup: I'll send inbound cold calls to you via voice drops. We'll record your name and just a untarged msg saying "hey this is name. Call me back".

    I've got a shitty sales guy but hes getting a demo every 10 calls he takes. 10% conversion rate on a $300/mo service with upsell potential. So if he takes 100 calls I send his way, he'll get 10 demos and close one a month or so later.

    How should I structure this to appeal to 100% commission only sales guys?

    submitted by /u/2016pantherswin
    [link] [comments]

    First time trade show - Saas company

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:41 AM PDT

    Hey All,

    I work for a Saas startup in the vacation rental industry and do SDR/BDR/demoing/closing the software.

    All my work is done over phonecalls/google hangouts for prospects from around the world.

    There is a big industry event in New Orleans this upcoming week and I will be attending, expected of course to collect leads, speak to partners, try to get in the spot signups, etc.

    I know that I need to be approachable and try to get people into the booth (we will be doing some on the spot demo's). It's my first trade show in this industry (I've only been to one other, I was much greener).

    I was wondering if anyone can provide some tips around, for example,

    • Pulling people into the booth
    • Conversation starters
    • Ways to be memorable to them
    • Not come off as a sleazy salesperson :D

    Appreciate any insight and wish an awesome weekend to all of you!

    submitted by /u/tsunamitas84
    [link] [comments]

    Transition from very short to long sales cycle, how to get used to it, comfortable

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:35 PM PDT

    hi all i worked in b2c in home hvac sales - transitioned into a new role (b2b) and the sales cycle was, at most, a few days if a customer really couldnt make a decision, but those were few and far between. typical sales cycle was like two hours, now im meeting with business owners and the sales cycle seems so long its killing me

    it feels like im not doing any work because of the length of time it seems to take to get the ball rolling and business owners to commit - it seems like i cant do a "one call close" anymore and its hard to get used to

    does anyone have any tip or anyone in the same boat?

    submitted by /u/watkinsjoe
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone please provide me with one phone number from Zoominfo for a contact.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    I have the person's email, I've tried reaching out to him. He's the executive chairman of a very large North American information and technology service and solutions provider. In uni 2 years ago he promised 15 students in a management information systems class that everyone there would get the opportunity to interview at his company for a position that their currently hiring for.

    I now have about 2 years experience in IT Sales, inside selling a multitude of products. I going to wait a couple days for a response before I start calling him and reaching out.

    If someone could please message me with a zoom info account and provide me with the person's contact number I'm looking to contact that would be amazing. =)

    Thanks r/sales

    submitted by /u/Spatz901
    [link] [comments]

    Somebody who sells to hospitals. I need direction, inside info, and help.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    I need help on how to get around GPO's, exactly who I need to speak with, do I start at the bottom on the chain of command or do I start at the top.

    I've been put in a very interesting position with a company I was hired on with 2 months ago but seem to be having a hard time, when I know I should be killing it. So the company I am with has 2 salesman that are old, don't want to find new business, and are comfortable. They make over $250k a year and have had the same accounts for years. The owner doesn't care because everybody is comfortable and busy so why change.things. The owners son who is now VP has taken on the role, is quitting his lucrative software sales career and wants to ramp things up to 100% capacity. He brought me on as a BDR and quickly moved me to Sales exec. after he saw me on the phones. I feel blessed right now.

    We can't close these hospitals!

    Our price is there, most of the time our prices beat out GPO's in most products but not all. Our quality is night and day difference and my company has been around for 28 years. Why can't we close these deals?

    I really need to speak to someone on the phone if at all possible.

    submitted by /u/raguirre1
    [link] [comments]

    Been in my first real B2B sales job for 2 weeks and need some advice

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    Hey guys so I landed my first B2b sales job about a month ago had a 2 week training period and been in the job for 2 weeks.

    Some information about our product and the business:

    The place I work at is really good truly do try and help out it seems good area very little negative reviews all over but regardless here's the product:

    Our product is helping companies outsource their Health And Safety requirements (legally needed for all UK businesses if 5+ staff are on payroll) as well as outsourcing their Employment law & other HR services to ourselves.

    There's no doubt there's a real market for this product i've seen it been used my family has used similar companies in their businesses and it just makes sense.

    The sales cycle is 3 months I've been told, as in the relationships I build now will pay off in 3 months.

    We aren't expected to book any appointments in our first month I understand they say that but I want to regardless and want to know what I've been doing wrong.

    We get given lists on salesforce with a decent amount of information on the companies and have to cold call them. First week I made 100+ calls everyday had the highest talk time and been filling my pipeline but they told me to calm down and dial less they don't expect more than even 50 in a day.

    Out of the new starters one has booked two appointments nobody else has but his did seem a bit lucky as the people were basically pre sold but i don't want to take that credit away from him anyway.

    What I want to know is what should I be changing below I'll write down the things we're expected to say (not given a script) as an intro really.

    "Hi this is X calling from X we are the leading providers of H&S & HR Services we save companies like yours in the x area time and money by partnering with them. Is this something you deal with in house or use a third party like ourselves"

    That's the given intro.

    In regards to gatekeepers i don't really think there's any tips or tricks to getting past them except building actual relationships and having conversations which I have no problem with as I do get put through to the DMs quite often it's just that they always say they're not interested which I usually follow with "Makes sense most people aren't before they speak to us and find out how we can help them"

    but not had much success with that

    I'd really appreciate if any of you guys can help me out because I'm not really used to failure I do d2d for a family friend on his product and can easily smash 10+ deals a day making a good amount of money but that won't be lasting much longer as I've done most places in my area and can't be travelling too much.

    Thank you, I understand I wrote a lot but any advice is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/datway841
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a domain investor. Where can I find someone to help with outbound sales (email, phone calls)?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:31 AM PDT

    I tried doing outbound sales, but it doesn't really suit me. I need someone to get this part rolling, in exchange for a % commission.

    I would rather concentrate on my domain finding and portfolio growth, where my strength resides.

    Side note target countries are US and UK. I specialize in business related, health and a few other related niches. I currently hold about 1K domains but expanding fast.

    Any pointers appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/emsai
    [link] [comments]

    How to get client for company I dont work for...Yet...

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    Hello,

    So first off, I am not sales person, or more likely I am not aiming to get sales job. I am designer that as diploma designed product for certain company that focuses on luxury installations especially in Hotels and private residences. Got turned down later for job because they are "not actively looking for designers" ^_^. But are also so far interested in the product (think modular system for architectural art instalations ) but the talks are taking hillariously long. I figured if I somehow got them client I could use it as leverage to get a job instantly and probably percentages from the deal later as I currently have direct contacts to upper management...

    Is here somebody with experience from this sphere that could give me advice on how to cold call developers/hotel owners to sell them something for their building in this case?

    What is the best approach?

    submitted by /u/SADOPRICE
    [link] [comments]

    B2B Cold Calling, when do you give up on the customer?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:22 AM PDT

    For example, after a first conversation. How many times do you keep reaching out and for how long before you give up because their not giving you any business?

    submitted by /u/freightbroker222
    [link] [comments]

    Robert half finance and accounting recruiting manager

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 09:19 PM PDT

    Does anyone have experience with this job title?

    Long story short I'm interviewing for this position and was just curious if anyone had more info on it.

    submitted by /u/Anueleaf
    [link] [comments]

    I’m on the casket/Colin sales need some advise for sales, please!!! Any one out there that can advise me!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:47 AM PDT

    So I been helping a friend on his business of selling caskets but I've never sold one and been doing everything to sale but clearly I'm not doing a good job since I haven't sold one yet, any tips, marketing ideas, sale trends or any piece of advice could be helpful since I need to do some sales because I'm broke and have a child to feed, thanks for the reply's!

    submitted by /u/Surfever1
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the deal with residential real estate?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    As someone who is a junior in college and wanting to take on a career in sales I've considered getting my real estate license over going D2D at a company like some of my friends.

    Yet, I know that making a lot of money in real estate can take a lot of time and theirs way more uncertainty. Just by looking at sales jobs on Glassdoor it seems like you can make way more money with more certainty than real estate.

    Why is real estate on such a high pedestal right now? It seems like real estate investing is much more lucrative than being an agent.

    Edit: spelling

    submitted by /u/themostdenseforest
    [link] [comments]

    I have only done sales as a freight broker, how is freight broker sales compared to other sales job?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 07:01 AM PDT

    Has anybody been a freight broker and had another sales job? If a freight broker a worse job than most sales jobs?

    submitted by /u/freightbroker222
    [link] [comments]

    Inside Sales vs Recruiting First Career Move

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 10:41 PM PDT

    Quick question for you guys. Currently in a B2C cellphones sales role, I have been interviewing and have received two offers of employment.

    1. Inside sales at a large payroll company.
    2. Recruiter (placing people in Tech/programming roles).

    I'm torn between the two and needed some help deciding.

    The payroll company has a big name standing behind it and would look great on a CV, along with amazing training. Pay is mediocre but the culture seems good.

    The recruiting role I feel like I would get more hands on experience, management seems amazing, but it's a smaller firm. I have a friend who works there that says commission payouts are insane (20-150k depending on length of time at the company). There is also opportunity to be promoted to the sales side of the business after 1-2 years.

    ------------------------

    I am looking for something that would net me the most sales experience and transferable skills when applying for sales jobs in the future (outside sales, AE, etc.).

    I am tempted to take the recruiting role due to the pay, but feel like it would be a handicap in the future due to not selling directly to businesses (unless I get promoted into sales within the recruiting firm).

    Has anyone had success going from recruiting into other areas later on? Or should I go straight for inside sales and blast the phones for 1-2 years and move on from there.

    submitted by /u/EfficientlyMindful
    [link] [comments]

    So I’m failing at getting people to attend a free lunch and dinner event and I’m looking for some advice.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    I work for a good sized MSP that focuses on SMB. I've got my boss and his boss on my ass about meeting certain goals (that nobody in all 3 expansion markets is hitting) and one of them is to try to get 15 people to show up to this free meal at a pretty solid restaurant near our office. Our CTO is flying out to give a lunch talk on the cloud and dinner talk on secure IT. Dinner and drinks are on us and we're giving our door prizes, on Thursday the 22nd. Not a single person I've sent invites to has shown any interest (some said they were tied up), and I've even dropped off cookies that look like clouds with a paper with info on it.

    How can I get more people to show? I've been with this company since May, and found out nobody in any of the expansion markets is hitting any goals. Not on appointments, sales, or events like this. My boss's boss felt the need to leave me a voice mail saying he thought I don't care and I'm not passionate enough, which is utter bullshit because I'm trying as hard as I can.

    How would you guys approach this? I'm new to sales and this company is new to the area. Even our current copier clients from before the acquisition don't know we do anything IT related until they meet with me. What can I do to drive attendance when I'm not trying to set appointments?

    Edit: I should specify, the goal is to have all 3 of us on my team (including my boss) get 15 people to rsvp. I'm going to keep calling until the day before the event, and am expanding my scope.

    2nd edit: I'm really grateful for how much help and advice everyone in this sub is willing to offer. It's a constant reminder to me to pay it forward to others, because I've gotten so much from all of you without any expectation of anything in return. It means a lot. Thanks everyone.

    submitted by /u/Beachdaddybravo
    [link] [comments]

    How To Sell In Your Underwear (LinkedIn)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    How do I sell my services on LinkedIn? I have a list of everyone I need to get in contact with, but less than 10% of them have responded to my request to connect. Because of this, I'm stuck. I need work bady but I can't get a hold of these people. I can't afford services like RocketReach or hunter.io. What are my options?

    submitted by /u/VisionAerial310
    [link] [comments]

    Prospecting dilemma: high number of targets vs more condensed list

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 05:25 PM PDT

    Manager of a sales team of 5 in the freight industry. I work for a well respected, recognizable, and reputable brand that generally has a positive perception. I recruited and hired all of my team members from my old company that has best in class sales training. They are all highly skilled, but they are coming from a 70/30 acct management/hunting role to a 100% hunting role. As such heavy aggressive prospecting has been a struggle.

    The entire team has read Fanatical Prospecting, has prospecting blocks set every day, does research outside of calling hours, etc. The issue is our number of potential targets is huge and I feel like we may be giving up too soon, as we rarely hear "no" - we usually just don't get responses and move on.

    It was an eye opener last week because we had a corporate target list of 14 specialty prospects and were tasked with making 4 appointments for a SME to visit with us. Our appointment ratio is historically 10-15% but we knew this was a huge priority under a big microscope. We were ULTRA aggressive towards this list over the week and we bagged 7 appointments - 50%!! There was nothing special about these targets besides the fact that we consistently blew them up almost daily for a week straight.

    My question is, with your prospect list, how do you find balance between having too short of a list and not touching enough prospects and calling so many prospects you don't get aggressive enough with any? Any of you have a "rule of thumb" for contact attempts?

    submitted by /u/MJE0409
    [link] [comments]

    Operations to Sales

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    I'm shy, slightly socially awkward so I wanted to develop myself professionally by taking on an account manager role. I spent 6 years in operations positions from admin to management. I took the account mgr role and I hate it. I'm only two months in, but I dread the B2B cold calls and continued rejection. When managing the warehouse I flourished in the intense, high pressured environment. Now I feel like a constant failure even though I hardly get any pressure. Should I go back to operations with my tail between my legs, keep at it and pray it gets better or just find an operations manager job outside the company? Are sales people born or are they created?

    submitted by /u/haiikee
    [link] [comments]

    Job Scam or Not?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:37 PM PDT

    18 dollar per hour part time job with bonuses for every certain number of leads I get and, the gas reimbursement is "dr fills up your tank once a month." This job is a bait and switch, presented as social media marketing when in reality it's outside sales (door to door business, and setting up a table outside of businesses). Opinions? I would love to see what normal gas reimbursement looks like, because for sales people I'm pretty sure this wouldn't fly.

    Edit: I have prior content and social media marketing experience. And, prior retail sales.

    submitted by /u/Injuredlittletoe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment