• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 22, 2019

    I have an appointment with ubereats, anything i should know about? small business

    I have an appointment with ubereats, anything i should know about? small business


    I have an appointment with ubereats, anything i should know about?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:19 AM PDT

    Tomorrow a representative from ubereats will come to my small restaurant. I never did delivery but due to the area slowly dying out i will have to consider it.

    So are there any things i should know about or ask? Their rate is, 13% self delivery and probably 30% their delivery guys. Im thinking of using their drivers and just get a feel and see how it goes.

    But i feel there are some points i should ask about and make sure this doesnt backfire. Also does anyone have experience doing delivery and have some tips for me?

    submitted by /u/p03p
    [link] [comments]

    How do I remove my business from showing in Yelp's "Top 10 best" lists? It's for marijuana which we don't sell. Someone added "Cannabis Dispensary" to our categories and it keeps re-appearing after I remove it.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 12:35 PM PDT

    Seems like a week ago someone added "Cannabis Dispensary" to our business categories. We're a tobacco shop and sell CBD but we do not sell weed. I tried removing it, it kept reappearing. After a while I finally seemed to get it to stick and be removed from the business. Today, my dad calls me, says someone drove from far away and said we're showing up in Google for cannabis dispensaries again. I checked our Yelp and the "Cannabis Dispensary" category re-appeared! I even added "Head shop" as a category last time to fill up the 3 categories so you couldn't add more, and that got removed. It reverted the changes.

    I once again edited it, and this time it seemed to stick just fine. But we're still showing up in two links: "Top 10 Best Recreational Marijuana Dispensaries in City, State" and "Top 10 Best Recreational Marijuana Dispensaries in City, State". Our categories on those links don't show "Cannabis" anymore, but we're still on that list which shows in Google if you search for it.

    I called the phone number at the top of the business account and talked to some lady who was insanely impatient after she realized I wasn't trying to buy advertising. This was before I realized we were still on the top 10 lists. But she just kept cutting me off trying to explain the situation and said "okay I'll put a note on your account" or something like that. I'm thinking I should call again to mention the top 10 lists but I'm not sure they'll be much help.

    Regardless, is there any way to prevent this? This is a pretty serious thing that could get us in trouble. We don't want to give people the wrong idea or get in any legal trouble or bring in the wrong crowd. I can't believe they just allow people to say other people sell weed even though we claimed our business and created our business on the site from scratch. This is insane.

    Any help is seriously appreciated.

    EDIT: Okay, I refreshed the page a few times, and we're no longer appearing in the top 10 lists. I'm going to do a few searches and do some Google Search Removal Requests. But I'm still very concerned it'll just pop back up again.

    EDIT 2: As far as people mentioning how we should just sell weed (mainly the ones who seem to be serious), we have a difficult landlord and a leasing agreement and city permits that care about what we do. We can't add weed to the shelves and start selling one day.

    submitted by /u/NaiveComment
    [link] [comments]

    At which point do I start hiring people?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 12:04 AM PDT

    Total newbie here.

    I'm looking at the online small business context with no option of getting money from investors.

    When you haven't built your product yet and thus haven't sold a thing (no money), but you need people to design & build the product, what to do?

    It seems people start hiring people when they've earned enough income. But at the same time they are in the beginning stage and probably don't have the signature product they will be selling later on. What could they be possibly selling before hand enough to be able to hire someone?

    What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/sketchbook101
    [link] [comments]

    Paying yourself

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 04:38 AM PDT

    Single owner and I am the single employee. Still trying to get comfortable with how much I should pay myself from the business? For example, a business with a profit on average of $2,500-$3,500 monthly and the owner being the sole employee.

    submitted by /u/bigdoinks6669
    [link] [comments]

    Two Freelancers Merging - Your Thoughts?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I freelance in digital marketing (FB ads, IG ads, Google ads, SEO) and I am meeting with a freelancer who does video, photo, graphic design to discuss potentially joining forces.

    What are some questions / points to bring up in this meeting?

    The biggest issue I can think of is pay, e.g. do we do a salary type structure or remain getting paid per project on what we do?

    I'd love to know your thoughts on this!

    submitted by /u/gracefulgooch
    [link] [comments]

    Starting ecommerce biz - deducting cost of website?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 01:21 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm starting an ecommerce business and will be using a third party developer to build a custom Shopify store for me.

    I want to be able to deduct the development fully this year but I'm having a difficult time finding clear answers on IRS website (pub 535). A few things I've read

    -if you aren't in business yet, amortize over 15 years

    -if you are, are you buying "off the shelf software"?

    —-if so amortize over 3 years

    -if you aren't...back to the 15 years?

    It seems like I should already be "in business" where deductions are much easier to take as ongoing operations vs startup capitalization. So I'm thinking if I sell a few items on eBay then "expand" into my own site, that would count.

    Anyway I've been going around and around among the same few blog posts for 2-3 hrs and wanted to ask if someone could help clear this up.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/xivzgrev
    [link] [comments]

    Loyalty program that can intergrate with pos system

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    I currently am using a Windows based POS system and was looking for something that would be could work it. I was hoping for soemthing that can rack up loyalty points every time a customer pays for a service and customer feedback. Any help or suggestions on what to look for would be great!

    submitted by /u/LunaticsinDC
    [link] [comments]

    Need 2nd Phone Number that rings on my main cell phone. Need my city on outgoing Caller ID.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:42 PM PDT

    I'm looking into getting a phone number for a business I'm starting up. It seems like there's a million options out there so I'd appreciate some help narrowing down my options.

    Wish list:

    • Incoming calls ring through on my personal cell phone (Android); I won't have any landline or dedicated cell phone for this business. Phone only has one SIM slot, so no SIM-card-based services.
    • Must show that incoming calls are ringing on my business line and not my personal line, no confusion.
    • Show incoming phone number.
    • Must show my location as my city when calling customers, or no location at all. I don't want to be showing the wrong city as customers are less likely to pick up. (My area code services a crap-ton of towns and cities.)

    It's hard to tell exactly which of these features any given service actually offers. What are the most popular places that offer this type of service?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/kr580
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your take?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:16 AM PDT

    Ok guys so I started a clothing brand last year and I'm starting to gain some serious traction, I want to now sell to the USA etc.

    The problem is I live in the UK and I know shipping costs would probably decimate my profit margins and business.

    How do you go about selling to the US and still maintaining profit margins?

    What should I do?

    I was thinking of hiring a US stockist and having my manufactures send my products straight to the US and have my stockist ship them to customers for me, though I'm not sure if that would work, do you have any advice?

    submitted by /u/redditquestions9
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with suppliers who increase prices because 'they have another better offer from someone else but value your custom'...

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    A regular supplier today tells me they have a better offer from someone and want me to pay more, or we can talk about regular prices next time. I asked who and how much and got the response, "it's a friend." Part of me wants to call this supplier's bluff (lose). Another part of me wants to tell them to get stuffed, and to stop buying from them (lose), and another part to say not this time and play it out (50-50, with bad feelings in the sell/buy relationship).

    If I pay the increase this time, I'm sure they'll want me to pay more next time and so on. The price they're asking is, in my opinion, unfair and at a price I could not profit from so don't want to go down this path.

    I'm trying to figure out how to make it a win-win for everyone. There's a little lee-way in terms that I could pay slightly more as a 'regular' price, but wouldn't really want to. This would be a small lose for me.

    I'm trying to feel out if this supplier is telling me they want more in a long-winded round-about-way.

    What would you do?

    (To talk numbers, "friend" is offering seller 250, whereas I'd usually pay 150... and they want me now to pay 200 to get the items in their current stock - why would they even come to me with that offer on the table!)

    UPDATE: there of course, was no 'friend'. The seller has since blanked me, and is advertising the items at a price 25% lower than what he wanted me to pay, but higher than what I usually pay... I'm tempted to pay the price, but the trust has been broken now. So, thanks and so long.

    submitted by /u/sc3nner
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know a site where you can design an ID card and have it ship to you?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 05:09 PM PDT

    I'm only looking to make 2 ID cards for a small business. Just the company's name and employees name displayed on the ID card.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/1a2x
    [link] [comments]

    So I own a small smoke shop and I need help getting more people in the door

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    so I'm a 23 year old male and I have own a small head shop for about a year and 8 months. I have moved to a bigger location and I have a ton more inventory (started with only 10k probably have more around 40k into the shop today) my average week is about 1200-1300 and I make 60-65 percent mark up. But I have big dreams for this place and would love to know some tricks to helps this go from store and my house barely getting paided to starting to make some real money

    submitted by /u/thegratefulstoner
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to hire someone as a W2 employee or can I get away with them being a 1099 contractor?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:27 PM PDT

    I have a photography business and I'd like to hire a photo editor. I want to teach them my method for editing photos and have them use that method on all of the photos I take. But I'd also like to pay them on a per-job or per-photo basis. This means that when work is slow (and there's a big seasonal shift throughout the year), they work and get paid less, and when it's booming, they're just as busy as I am and making more money.

    I'd like to hire them as a 1099 contractor for all of the reasons you guys are probably familiar with, but I think the fact that I will be training them in my editing techniques requires them to be a W2 employee. But how does compensation work for a W2 employee when it's neither hourly nor salary - it's based on the amount of work I'm bringing in? I've only ever seen that sort of compensation work for 1099 contractors. Am I missing something obvious?

    submitted by /u/Stone_Swan
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice for a accounting/financials of small business!

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 02:09 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    2 months ago a friend of mine and i started a small business. We are approaching $100k in the first two months and as a result we are in desperate need of an accountant or some outsourced services to organize our internals.

    Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Thanks a ton!

    submitted by /u/Heiad
    [link] [comments]

    Credit Restoration / looking for agents

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 05:44 PM PDT

    Hi all, I currently am a credit restoration company and I am looking for people who are looking to help me grow this company as well as improve their own credit in the process. Would anyone be interested? And could anybody give me tips on how to find people that would be interested in this kind of work? Feel free to ask questions and if your interested than just ask.

    submitted by /u/Blackout_0825
    [link] [comments]

    Rolling out a plan, setting goal?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    when you have a vision and goal, how do you then write out a plan to thoroughly meet that goal? How do you develop the metrics to monitor, and what to do when you need a quick change?

    For example the vision is to sell amazing products for the price to poorer neighbourhoods. The goal should be what? and how should I market, and how should I manufacture, design, ect?

    submitted by /u/jesus_ismexican
    [link] [comments]

    Best online service to use to for payroll?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 04:33 PM PDT

    I'm completely illiterate when it comes to withholding taxes and giving paychecks. Who can I have cover this? I want complete control taken from me. Every single aspects that deals with the government or paying employees. Who's the best?

    EDIT: sorry for the title typo. Yes I see it.

    submitted by /u/bruhh1991
    [link] [comments]

    How to Grow Service Business (Handyman)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    I do plenty okay for myself. I mean: it still floors me that people pay me money to do what I do. I basically net $50k/yr for past 5 years.

    But, I'd like to grow the business. But I can't if I'm always out working. I'm getting up there (51yo), and would like to someday have land & a house (currently rent). I figure only way to do that is a) maximize time on clock, and b) have others working for me.

    There's plenty of days where i don't have as much billable hours as I'd have wanted. But, it allows me to not burn my matches too quickly, so it's not all bad.

    Then, finding people to work for me (or do independent contractor route?) is difficult. I'd like to pay them a great wage, but then that minimizes my take. And, I don't trust others to do the job like I would (where the interests of the client is job #1 and exactly what distinguishes me from competition.

    So, any ideas? Encouragement? I'm probably just venting more than anything, and looking for group commiseration.

    submitted by /u/mkadam68
    [link] [comments]

    I just started my Financial Literacy business

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 01:35 PM PDT

    I just started my financial literacy business. My demographic is ages 18 to 38. What are some ways to promote my website? Website URL: www.shrpn.net

    submitted by /u/jjones295
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new business--need help on where/how to advertise?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 06:31 PM PDT

    I have just registered my business and am starting on a website. I am a for-profit, one person business but I am charging a low rate in order to be more accessible to the public. I write and update resumes for people, help them get prepared for interviews along with assisting with career coaching. I want to help those that are either starting their career over, have never had a career before or are just wanting help. I was thinking of creating business cards and going to some half-way homes, community colleges and our local unemployment office. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I want to reach those that might not use social media (though I eventually will be advertising on there too).

    submitted by /u/ALynnRazz
    [link] [comments]

    Beekeeping business

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I was wondering if anyone knows good beekeeping suppliers that report to the credit bureaus?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/alvinkertintinbin
    [link] [comments]

    How many people try to start a dog walking business?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    First wholesale customer with net terms

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 04:47 PM PDT

    I have a small business doing POD prints (we print in-house). It's mostly online retail but I get the occasional wholesale order from other small businesses. I've always required payment up front.

    Now I've got a potential wholesale customer that wants to sell some of our prints in their gift shop. They've been around a long time (decades), seem reputable and sent me a credit app with references, so I've decided to take a chance with them on Net 30 terms.

    It's my first time offering Net 30 and I'm not sure what I need to do besides ship their order (once placed) and add an entry to the currently empty "Accounts Receivable" section of my books. They sent me a W-9 and I'm not even sure what to do with it. Do I need to have them sign an agreement? What is my recourse if they don't pay after 30 days?

    Also, I see threads discussing using Net 30 with suppliers like Uline to build their companies credit - is there some formal aspect of offering net terms that I'm not aware of?

    submitted by /u/TimKearney
    [link] [comments]

    virtual receptionist/secretary

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    Does anyone here use (or previously used) one of these services? We're considering something very basic (answer phones, take messages, etc). Is it worth the expense in your experienced opinion?

    submitted by /u/BravaCentauri11
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about starting car detailing

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    I am thinking about starting to detail cars. Has anyone had any experience in this field that would help me and would this be a good thing to start doing at 19 years old. I have always wanted to start something on my own and figured this would be a good start.

    submitted by /u/davidpeele
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment