• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 22, 2019

    Calls from (866) 366 2616 are a scam Student Loans

    Calls from (866) 366 2616 are a scam Student Loans


    Calls from (866) 366 2616 are a scam

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    Was left a voicemail stating "you may be eligible for student loan forgiveness...call us back before this OFFER MAY END"

    Gave the number a call back knowing it was 99% a scam, 1% of me wanted it to be real. Dude answered the phone (I was surprised it was a real person) and asked for personal info like name, DOB, loan amount.

    Said he was calling from "Student Prep Management" which he described as a document preparation organization?? Googled this while talking to him and violá, there was nothing. Spent the next 5 mins playing stupid until he caught on and hung up on me.

    I know how enticing these offers can be, just please be weary of these absolute scumbags of people , and don't give out critical information!

    submitted by /u/Nvrforgetmack
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Direct Parent Plus loans

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:29 PM PDT

    As soon as I finished the application, it told me I was denied for the parent plus loan (this was expected), and I know that I'm eligible for more money in direct unsub loans and I was wondering how I get those funds dispersed to me. Do I talk to financial aid or fill out another form? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/YeetMcManus
    [link] [comments]

    Student Loan Debt & Re-entering Country

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    I have a rather large sum of outstanding student loan debt (which is now about 10 years in default). I am an American (with dual citizenship), living abroad with a new life, no debt, etc. I haven't been back to the U.S. since I left about 10 years ago. My question is, will this debt affect me going back to visit the U.S. in any way? Could I face possible legal, jail, etc. action?

    submitted by /u/Throws-Awayz
    [link] [comments]

    Great Lakes student loans

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 01:37 PM PDT

    Anyone have issues with Great Lakes loans and them telling you an incorrect (less) amount of total payments toward PSLF. Spoke with one person then checked my bank statements only to find out I had made 14 more than I was told. They told me on their end they only saw one. After I confirmed I made more they were able to find my other payments. Spoke with supervisor who told me they would listen to phone call and make sure customer service rep got more training. Something about this doesn't seem right. Curious it anyone else had this same issue.

    submitted by /u/jimmiesreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I not getting a better student loan rate?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    10Y swaps are 1.676% and let's assume a LIBOR margin of 200bps, so my rate should be like 3.7%.

    The best offer I've gotten is in the low 4%'s. Is there some secret to unlocking a better rate?

    My DTI is like 2% - is DTI usually just a "yes/no" or does the number actually impact rate? I can pay it off tomorrow if that's what's stopping me from getting 3.7%. Because otherwise I have an 800+ credit score.

    Is the only way to get sub-4% a securities based loan?

    submitted by /u/VNaughtTCosTheta
    [link] [comments]

    Defense Against Repayment - Supporting Documents for UOPX?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:07 PM PDT

    I'm trying to find out if anyone here whom has processed their defense against repayment paperwork for UOPX or another for-profit university, has any references for supporting documentation, and/or court filings (i.e. Price v Dept of Education).

    Id also be interested to see if anyone would mind posting their supporting arguments from their form (sans any personal information).

    I'm doing my research on this currently, but any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MoxxFulder
    [link] [comments]

    Worried about Scam from this morning

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 08:15 AM PDT

    This morning I received a call from one of those repayment plans borrowers and I accidentally took the call and played along because I graduate in December and I was told they'd contact me at some point. I had a weird feeling about it, so I spoke to them with my computer in front of me. He asked that I check my email and give him this pin he sent, I'm ashamed to say I was kind of tired and didn't realize this was a change password pin and realize as soon as I gave him the pin, and said this is wrong and he hung up. Instantly I already had my email and manage FAFSA ID opened and changed my password back from my email, and changed security questions. I spoke with Fafsa and they said no changes were made and that my SSN would be okay since it's never fully posted on there. I'm still very worried I could fall victim to identity theft, an I okay? Should I contact anyone else?

    submitted by /u/jey15
    [link] [comments]

    When should I begin applying for private loans?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 02:57 PM PDT

    Next semester will be the first semester that I'll be taking out private loans. When is it most advantageous begin this process? What materials should I prepare before applying?

    submitted by /u/stfu_prettypls
    [link] [comments]

    Taking out loans to save money?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    I'm a first year uni student. I've done a good amount of basic college courses though ap/dual enrollment to escape paying for basic classes in the uni level. With my basic plan, I can pretty much cover all expenses but I think loans actually might help me but I wanna get the opinions of people who've been through the experience. So my college expenses average $3300 a semester. This includes living, tuition, and textbooks on average. I'm pretty good at budgeting so random expenses should be minimally extra. Books themselves drain a good 300-400. However, if I were to take out a loan, I'd receive a program where I can use my cash back from financial aid to receive a ~15% discount on online textbooks (so far my classes have mainly used online textbooks). I'm offered subsidized loans and plan on working throughout college. So should I take out loans and try to keep all the excess money stashed until I graduate where I can just overpay a huge chuck/all of it? I see a lot of crazy amounts borrowed on here but I should only be borrowing less then $10k by the time I leave.

    submitted by /u/ArolDZ
    [link] [comments]

    How much should I borrow for grad school considering my undergrad debt?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    I have $22k in federal and state undergrad loans, currently paying minimum monthly payment so that they will be paid off December 2027. I know this is relatively low compared to many, and it really does not cause me any stress. However, I am now considering going to grad school and I know that I will need to borrow to cover at least some of the cost.

    My salary is $57k and I currently have $45k saved, but I would most likely leave my job to go back to school and work part time just to cover some living expenses. The programs I'm looking at range from about $33-45k to complete in 2 years. I know this can largely be a personal decision, but I'm wondering what others feel would be an advisable amount to take out in loans on top of the $22k I already have?

    Any advice or personal experience you have with a similar situation is so appreciated! Thanks for taking the time.

    submitted by /u/feathers1618
    [link] [comments]

    Military; I have filled out my PSLF form and gotten it signed by the respective people. What is my next step? On mohela it says I need to send this document to FedLoan Servicing.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    What other steps do I need to take after this document is sent in the mail?

    submitted by /u/yoyoyhey
    [link] [comments]

    How to get a private student loan without a co-signer?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    My mom died a couple of years ago and my father is not in my life. I have exhausted FAFSA. I attend FSU and it's my last year and I need student loans to finish. But I can't qualify for any. Does anyone know of any hardship loans or loans you can qualify for without a co-signer?

    submitted by /u/AppleJammm
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble refinancing from Great Lakes to SoFi

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    I am having some trouble filling out my loan refinance application with SoFi.

    "Please upload the Regulation Z (Final Disclosure Form) directly from Great Lakes."

    I looked through GL forms, and they don't have anything by this name. When I called them they had "never heard of this before." SoFi customer support says "We have gotten that type of documentation from that company before they call it a final disclosure form. That's the only documentation that we are needing to move forward with your application. I would try contacting Great Lakes again to receive that for us to move forward. "

    So I called again, and the woman seemed like she could help, but also couldn't find anything under that name. She said they likely need the repayment amount, so I uploaded that and SoFi followed back up saying that's incorrect and they still need the final disclosure form.

    Has anyone had to do something similar? Where can I find this form if great lakes just "doesn't know what that is?"

    submitted by /u/bicuriousdolphin
    [link] [comments]

    Student Loan "Remaining amount"?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    I took out student loans about 10 years ago, and am still paying them off (long story).

    I went onto the studentaid.ed.gov site and I'm confused now. On the breakdown of my loans, it shows a "remaining amount" for both award years (2006-2007 and 2007-2008). It's also showing a remaning amount for my Pell grant from 2009-2010. The site says in the "Remaining amount" column that "The portion of a grant that a school expects to disburse to a student for the remainder of the year."

    I have a hard time believing there is anything to be dispersed to me 10 years later, but is that possible? Or am I really misunderstanding something? The total of all 3 remaining amounts is about $3000.

    submitted by /u/Highway198
    [link] [comments]

    Fedloans: additional payments?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 09:18 AM PDT

    I have a parent who wants access to my account so they can throw some extra money at my loans now and then. But I'm set up on auto payments. So I'm wondering if anyone else has done this. Will making extra payments outside of the autopay affect anything?

    submitted by /u/Berkyjay
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment