• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 17, 2019

    How do people sell things so cheap? small business

    How do people sell things so cheap? small business


    How do people sell things so cheap?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 03:30 AM PDT

    Hiya, I'm thinking about starting a second business and doing some product/price research.
    Basically my summary after scouring ali baba and seeing which prices are available - and then the price people are selling them for here: Are they literally making only a few $$ per sale? This isn't even taking free shipping into account.

    After I factor in currency conversion and shipping costs, I don't know how they're even not close to breaking even.
    Is there something I'm missing? Or are people really just happy to make $1 profit on a $40 item?

    submitted by /u/yb0t
    [link] [comments]

    Can I run an application based business if I'm not the programmer?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:52 PM PDT

    Hey, I have been thinking about this idea for a long time. I'm 19 y/o from Canada. I want to create an application that will help students find a one time job that doesn't need experience. Most of the students nowadays doesn't have time to have a part time job because of all the time they put into school so it will be a great opportunity for them to make a little bit of side money. The problem is I'm not the one that will create the app (a good friend of mine will). Will it be harder for me to run the business? and I will take every advice you got for me about starting a business! :)

    submitted by /u/TonyyElias
    [link] [comments]

    How to revamp and scale up a family business?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:17 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I find myself at a crossroads and I don't know the best solution.

    Background: - I am 23 y/o and my parents own and operate a ma and pa business for the past 25+ years. - I am very entrepreneurial in nature and am currently trying to launch my own e-commerce business.

    My decision: - It seems like it would be a great fit for me, I could get involved in the business or let my parents sell it.

    The problem: - The business is a 23 unit motel constructed in the 50s. - The business is more "owning a job" (running the front desk and doing property maintenance) than running a business. - the customer base is solid but there is no internet presence and almost no new customers. - The business needs to be scaled up and generate more income somehow. (renovated, new locations, condos, etc) all very expensive options.

    What should I do? I'm lost and could really use some insight. I don't want to miss out on a great opportunity but at the same time it can't continue the way it is now.

    submitted by /u/NPLPro
    [link] [comments]

    How does the 80/20 rule apply to your own business? What 20% of work gets you 80% of the results? How does the last 20% of results take up 80% of your time?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    Just curious how everyone experiences this personally, in their own business :)

    Or if 80/20 doesn't apply to your business, let me know why not. That would also be interesting!

    submitted by /u/christophanderson12
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone use Microsoft Invoice (part of Office 365 Business Premium)?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    Does anyone use Microsoft Invoice (part of Office 365 Business Premium)? I currently pay for Zoho Invoice at $9 a month but realized that I can get Office 365 Business Premium for $12.50 a month. I am going to buy some flavor of Office anyway, but just am wondering if their Invoice product is usable?

    submitted by /u/rufusdog
    [link] [comments]

    FEEDBACK NEEDED - Website With Membership And Database To Save Data Input

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:40 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a way to set this up and have it be as automated as possible as my knowledge on coding is very limited:

    1) Customer enters website and makes payment to become member

    2) Customer logs in to their account

    3) Customer is able to access information and input written responses to questions to be saved on the database and accessible only to that username. Everytime the user logs in they would be able to see their previously saved responses.

    Essentially, I am looking to put together a website in which a user can sign up their parents and answer questions using their username that would be saved and private to only be viewed by that login. And all of this would be done behind a paywall.

    Is this possible through a Shopify or Wordpress or Squarespace?

    submitted by /u/joeandkitdotcom
    [link] [comments]

    Business idea

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    Have you guys noticed that : eating out is very difficult and expensive.

    In an area, typically,

    You find few outlets selling pizza or burger, you find a restaurant in which meals are quite expensive, and that's it.

    Here you have : only few foods, and they are expensive

    You can eat almost nothing,

    Eating out is nearly impossible

    Do you guys see ?

    This model is very inefficient

    Something important is missing

    It is : a restaurant where food keeps changing, food changes every day

    Chefs also rotate

    This restaurant is going to serve thousands of foods over the course of time

    A meal is going to be cheap

    You will be able to eat thousands of foods

    Eating out will finally become possible

    This model is way better

    submitted by /u/hueygo65
    [link] [comments]

    Offer payment in instalments?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    Hi,

    What do you guys think about offering payment in instalments to your clients?
    I started a web design business recently, I am thinking of adding "paying in instalments" model.

    So basically, I would offer payment of project in 12 or 6 instalments (1 per month).
    Now the key is some amount would have to be paid upfront, like 30-50%, depends on project size/price, and the rest client would pay in next 6 or 12 months.

    What do you think about that?
    Any pros/cons?

    submitted by /u/TomexDesign
    [link] [comments]

    Oh dear god please help me pick inventory and accounting service!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    We currently use QB Enterprise for manufacturing because we need to inventory component products and finished goods. The online version doesn't let us do this. We are thinking about fishbowl for inventory but also Zoho inventory and Books or Zoho one to include the CRM. Cloud based would be best. 90% of business is through wholesale (sales reps and separate Shopify site) and our retail site. Need: Shopify integration Brandwise integration (this is how we get sales rep orders.) Track shipping logistics Generate PO's and invoices CC payments without leaving app

    We don't need payroll because we use gusto. Am I missing something better out there? Some of these options are bananas pricey and I'm feeling stuck. I tried to find someone locally to give me advice but I haven't had luck!

    submitted by /u/clemonlimes
    [link] [comments]

    Tricky Sign Situation. Major Retail Location

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:12 PM PDT

    I have made an awesome deal for my small lasertag business and we have the chance to move into a big indoor space at a major mall location. My lease is not normal, and the landlord can give me 60 days notice, and I can give 30 days notice, but everything else is amazing. My one hiccup is the large sign in front.

    There is a very large lit sign with individual lettering in at our space, think any anchor store at a mall, and we would like it to just say Lasertag. Nothing fancy. What are my options. Investing in a large metal backlit sign is not going to work due to investment, and some crappy vinyl banner probably wont get approved by the landlord, as we are next to a pretty famous store... what are my options?

    Thanks ahead of time.

    edit for sign description

    submitted by /u/NewbieMcRedditson
    [link] [comments]

    Next in line for family hvac what now?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    Basically I'm going to be taking over the small company from my father. However his inventory management and crm seems at least to me... a bit behind the times(all paper) I'm looking to streamline and update the business management side of it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated (I come from an it background prior to undertaking this career change, I'm pretty tech savvy if anyone has programs they love)

    submitted by /u/Deadimp
    [link] [comments]

    Not for me, but a friend...

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 10:27 PM PDT

    My friend is running a detail shop and is conflicted with a vast amount of questions that I cannot answer, unfortunately. His father leased the location and has put him in charge of the business. But there's just one problem: he lacks a staff. He practically gets 1-5 cars a day and makes somewhere around 200-600$ in that week and be mindful that is off of him working alone. He doesn't know how to go about properly hiring a staff and being able to distribute money without it seeming like he is cheating anyone (his words). For example, when he is working in high volume he has to reject new customers because he is booked and cannot take any more without being overwhelmed. How would be possible for him to hire a staff or bring people in to help him with total completion and turn around. He feels like he would be able to do more if he had a staff to help him (four people at least) that way he wouldn't have to worry about certain aspects of the job. When I gather more specific information I can edit or repost in more detail.

    submitted by /u/supinelps
    [link] [comments]

    POS and Bookkeeping

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    Hey. I have outgrown my current POS methods and am having an issue wrapping my head around any other way to do this that doesn't involve the shop directly doing invoicing. I have an offsite bookkeeper that uses quickbooks. Without writing a book here - I'm looking for someone to chat with who may be able to help me figure out a direction to go and a way to better my processes. Any resources I am finding all tend to steer towards software that wants to be the accounting software which is an idea I don't really stand behind. Can anyone help or help point me in a direction for assistance? Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/macncoke
    [link] [comments]

    Do you offer a public bathroom?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:59 PM PDT

    Question for you folks who own/operate small business. I have a small retail shop (costumes and accessories) and we run workshops. Our bathroom is located in our workshop space, not on the retail floor. We have a 'no public bathroom'. Though if customers have kids, driven a far distance, or have been shopping for a long time we always let them use it (if someone is available to take them to it and if there isn't a workshop going on). If they are taking a workshop they have open access to the washroom. I hate having a public washroom with open access to the retail side. We tried it for years but found it lead to more shoplifting, cleaning it was a nightmare and they had to walk through our workshop space to get to it which was not great. So we put up a 'no public bathroom' sign. Most people don't care, but every so often people get mad! We don't serve food... so we don't HAVE to offer a bathroom. Reddit, what's your thoughts? Did I make a bad call?

    submitted by /u/Dougthecat13
    [link] [comments]

    Do small businesses need a more affordable advertising medium?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:31 PM PDT

    Have an idea regarding OOH advertising for small businesses. Similar idea to Wrappli, however small businesses can't necessarily afford this type of advertising service. What about magnetic car strips that can be placed on rideshare vehicles to advertise small businesses?

    The businesses pay a monthly fee and the drivers receive supplemental income?

    submitted by /u/CallumJPunch
    [link] [comments]

    Shirt Mockups

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:29 PM PDT

    Anybody got mockups for a longsleeve shirt? I'm in dire need.

    submitted by /u/h-benis-h
    [link] [comments]

    Education; starting a preschool/daycare/charter-type school.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:01 PM PDT

    Background: I've started 2 small business and sold them. I've worked for various marketing agencies. My entire family is a bunch of teachers, like 4 out of 7 immediate adult family members.

    I've been mulling over opening a charter type school (ex. Montessori) or a hybrid daycare/pre-k/elementary kids for ages 3 to 5 (pre-school) or 5 to 11 (elementary school).

    This is what I have so far.

    1. I would do most/all of the backend/manager'ing and I would hire a qualified teacher-type to facilitate the children (I already have 2 potential people in mind. No, they are not family members).
    2. Location: My area doesn't have this service (20 mile radius).
    3. Legal: I have a lawyer to explain the legal requirements, prepare documents, etc
    4. Funding: I have a bank I've been working with for many years. I have personal money I would be willing to put up for collateral.
    5. Curriculum (Charter School type): Option 1, Montessori's can be franchised, they have a structured curriculum and clear goals. Option 2, start from scratch, use Montessori as a outline and my family of teachers to produce/iron out a curriculum.
    6. Curriculum (Daycare/pre-k type): Focusing on basic kindergarten/1st grade level education to prepare them for elementary school.

    Questions/comments/concerns:

    • Have you/are you currently operating a daycare or pre-school?
      • What have your experiences been?
      • What should I look out for?
      • What do you wish someone would have told you?
      • Have you sold your school?
    • For those of you who may/may not be in the field:
      • Where are the major flaws in the education industry?
      • What are things in the market, etc., that may adversely effect this potential business?

    This idea has been festering for far too long. Tell me I'm stupid, poke holes in this idea, and hopefully you'll give me good advice. Thank you for your thoughtful response. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/JackDalgren
    [link] [comments]

    Pricing Strategy

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    Hello Everyone👋🏻 I currently work for a small grocery chain based in Southern California as a marketer in the media department. I have been here for just about 3 years and I love my job! I was approached by a manager recently about adding advertising attachments to the shopping carts in store for advertisers in the area to promote there local businesses. I found an attachment that is theft proof and secure against rain or heat that is perfect for each of the carts, my only issue is I want to know what a good pricing point would be for 3 months, 6 months & maybe yearly terms? Maybe on a cart to cart basis? We have 4 high volume stores that we deal with & each has between 60-80 carts. I have the hard numbers of what the cost would be for printing an ad would be plus having someone attach them but we don't want to scare advertisers away at a high cost! Just a simple price that hopefully is fair. If I am looking at this completely wrong please feel free to share your input below! Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/mdako5
    [link] [comments]

    What recommendations (or advice/experience) would you have for a pre-revenue eCommerce evaluation?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    Our business (a C2C/B2C marketplace) just went live a month ago and we are now starting the VC/Seed level funding jungle. I was hoping for some good, constructive feedback from anyone who has been down this path before, especially in our market. Please, only real responses and not "best of luck guy" stuff. Please read below a brief introduction about us, and thank you!

    We are Wedzee, a spanking brand new marketplace site solely dedicated to wedding decor and items. We are looking for all recent brides that may have leftover decor they would like to sell, heck it's FREE to list!

    Wedzee is a marketplace designed to connect former and future brides, wedding planners and small business owners. It is a safe and secure way to buy new and gently used wedding dresses, décor, and other wedding and event-related items.

    Our vision is to be the premier destination for discovering classic and trendy wedding items at great prices. We are a unique community that allows former brides to easily turn used items into cash, and future brides to find great deals for a memorable touch to their special day.

    Our Wedzee Guarantee protects buyers from fraud or misinterpreted items with a money-back Guarantee. Products ship quickly and easily through pre-addressed, discounted priority shipping labels downloaded directly through Wedzee. Support is also available to ensure that all buyers' and seller's experiences are successful each and every transaction.

    submitted by /u/hoosiers2616
    [link] [comments]

    would love your opinion on an idea ive had!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:05 PM PDT

    for a little context, I'm in college studying something I have no passion for and essentially I have nothing im working toward, im just moving forward because I have to, not because I want to. I started to read an arctic about finding a purpose in life, and I have many passions but I didn't think they could lead to careers (music production and photography). However I came up with an idea that I genuinely like a lot, of running a coffee shop that also serves as a art exhibit at night. so essentially coffee in the morning, art at night. I would love your opinion on this idea, I apologize if this seems like a basic idea but its the only thing im messing with atm. I only have one life and I want to do something that makes me happy and pays a fair amount. what do you guys think of this idea? I know its not fully fleshed out but Im wondering if there is potential in it and if its a realistic thing to pursue.

    thank you! <3

    submitted by /u/skeletorisbae
    [link] [comments]

    Getting an independent sales rep?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    I'm looking to bring on an independent sales rep that's paid on a percentage basis for contracts they get me. They'd need to be local and willing to learn about my business model to sell my vision.

    If anyone has some ideas or suggestions to put me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I'm starting to lose sleep over not having contracts yet, however I haven't gone out myself because I've spent much of my time developing the rest of the business which I also need to finalize before going out myself.

    I guess I'm kind of looking for a partner in a sense, but one to focus on selling my business as good as I am so I can focus on the admin stuff.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/daytraderz
    [link] [comments]

    Married freelancers

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    Long time reader, first time poster wondering about my wife and I incorporating/filing as a small business as we are both freelancers.

    We have both been getting a lot of 1099 income lately, and this will be our first year filing as a married couple. We're wondering if anyone on here would have some insight as to whether it would make sense for us to incorporate and track all income and expenses for our freelance work under one "company" as it were. The work we do is related but not exactly the same.

    Does anyone have a thought on this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/afterschoolsolutions
    [link] [comments]

    401k plans

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:49 PM PDT

    Has anyone used CoPilot or Guideline for providing 401k benefits? If not, any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/electricpianist
    [link] [comments]

    What do you do for health care in small businesses?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    I have a friend that runs a business with 3 employees. He has no healthcare because it's too expensive, even going through obamacare website. What do you other small business owners do?

    submitted by /u/apathetic_lemur
    [link] [comments]

    Research about biggest pain points for small businesses

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    Hey guys! I'm doing some research related to the biggest pain points of small businesses and want to ask you to contribute on it. We trying to figure out what are the most common pain points in different areas of business.

    https://volodymyrsolin111870.typeform.com/to/o7mDln

    We will share results with you as a thank for your contribution.
    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/volodymyrsolin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment