• Breaking News

    Monday, October 14, 2019

    Financial Independence Weekly “Help Me FIRE!” thread. Post your detailed information for highly specific advice. - October 14, 2019

    Financial Independence Weekly “Help Me FIRE!” thread. Post your detailed information for highly specific advice. - October 14, 2019


    Weekly “Help Me FIRE!” thread. Post your detailed information for highly specific advice. - October 14, 2019

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 11:08 PM PDT

    Need help applying broader FIRE principles to your own situation? We're here for you!

    Post your detailed personal "case study" and ask as many questions as you like, or help others who've done the same. Not sure if your questions pertain? Post them anyway…you might be surprised.

    It'll be helpful to use our suggested format. Simply copy/paste/fill in/etc. But since everybody's situation is different, feel free to tailor your layout to your needs.

    -Introduce yourself

    -Age / Industry / Location

    -General goals

    -Target FIRE Age / Amount / Withdrawal Rate / Location

    -Educational background and plans

    -Career situation and plans

    -Current and future income breakdown, including one-time events

    -Budget breakdown

    -Asset breakdown, including home, cars, etc.

    -Debt breakdown

    -Health concerns

    -Family: current situation / future plans / special needs / elderly parents

    -Other info

    -Questions?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Daily FI discussion thread - October 14, 2019

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:09 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to have discussions which you don't feel warrant a new post to the sub. While the Rules for posting questions on the basics of personal finance/investing topics are relaxed a little bit here, the rules against memes/spam/self-promotion/excessive rudeness/politics still apply!

    Have a look at the FAQ for this subreddit before posting to see if your question is frequently asked.

    Since this post does tend to get busy, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    An attempt at the FIRE flow chart

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:15 AM PDT

    Last week, I was playing around with the idea of making a flow chart that would be more in tuned with the FI community. I wanted to improve the /r/personalfinance flow chart on some aspects and have the FI flow chart go all the way down to the withdrawal have a continuation into the withdrawal strategy, but to be honest, I have not read enough to finish the flow chart. I thought I would ask for help from the community.

    I currently have version 1.3 and would be open to any suggestions and improvements. Near the end of version 1.2's flow chart, I have begun to think that the accumulation (boring middle) phase would be its own flow chart while the withdrawal phase would be another flow chart. Thoughts?

    Edit 1: I tried to capture as much as I could and updated it in Version 2.0. I'm sorry for those on mobile, I'm not sure which link I should be doing to best see on mobile. I also like the fact that the HSA is before the IRA as some FI commentors mentioned. I also added the beginning of the personal finance flow chart to make it a more complete picture with different interest rates embedded in the flow chart. Please keep in mind that I'm doing this during my lunch break so there may be some mistakes here and there.

    Edit 2: I think I found out how to link directly to the image for mobile users. Version 2.0.

    submitted by /u/happyasianpanda
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly FI Monday Milestone thread - October 14, 2019

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:10 AM PDT

    Please use this thread to post your milestones, humblebrags and status updates which you don't feel warrant a new post to the sub. While the Rules for posting questions on the basics of personal finance/investing topics are relaxed a little bit here, the rules against memes/spam/self-promotion/excessive rudeness/politics still apply!

    Since this post does tend to get busy, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Not-yet-FIRE Blogs

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, are there any Blogs out there that are authored by folks who are not yet FI? I'm interested to see if there are any people who are writing about their journey from the pre-FI perspective. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MikeTythonsToothGap
    [link] [comments]

    What was your "That One Big Splurge" fantasy and how did you stave off the temptation?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 12:54 PM PDT

    tl;dr title

    Complete beginner here and have no clue what I'm doing. Started my first job out of college a few months ago. No debt. Credit in the 660-690 region. Income is 107k annual base (tech industry). High CoL area. My goal is fatFI with a possible RE in which I try my hand at Teaching or Entrepreneurship. NW is maybe just south of 10k.

    Everyone's got that one unnecessary item that they want to buy that would set back their FIRE plans. For me, it's a Tesla Model X.

    I've driven one before and absolutely LOVED it. I'm a fairly tall dude so the size is perfect for me. I'm also a big fan of the idea of fully automated electric vehicles and sustainable energy.

    Luckily, I know I don't have enough for it right now, but given my occupation saving up for a cash purchase of a used, base-level, older model wouldn't be too hard (<5 years or so) if I also trade in my current car. I've been holding off the temptation of buying via loan or leasing by putting more money into my savings account.

    But I am only a weak man. What have been your "Big Splurge" fantasies and how did you defeat them?

    submitted by /u/420TreeHugger
    [link] [comments]

    Continuing to work after reaching FI.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    I've been FI for over a year and I'm starting to lose my mind. It's not bad, and it isn't every day, but week to week my motivation at work seems to get less and less. An incredibly low stress career is becoming more stressful because of how boring it is. I feel like I can't enjoy my time off because I have to go back to the same thing. I can't quit working yet because of some personal reasons.

    Has anyone else gone through this? Any advice on motivation after FI?

    submitted by /u/throw3219
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment