• Breaking News

    Friday, October 25, 2019

    Anyone from the Los Angeles area (South bay) interested in a software sales position at a cool company? Sales and Selling

    Anyone from the Los Angeles area (South bay) interested in a software sales position at a cool company? Sales and Selling


    Anyone from the Los Angeles area (South bay) interested in a software sales position at a cool company?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I know many people have been wondering how to get into software sales, so I thought it'd be cool to post here.

    My company is growing so they are actively hiring Account Executives, Account Managers, and one position for a Sales Development Representative. Sales experience is required for AEs and AMs role, but not necessarily in the tech industry. The SDR position may require some sales experience, or recent college grad would be fine too.

    They are looking for hard working, driven people who are eager to learn, are coachable, can work under minimal supervision, and want to build a career in software sales. The company wants someone who wants to make this company their "home" and stay here long term. The benefits are great and they offer awesome perks, like free food and an on-site gym. Management is cool and they really care about their employees.

    Anyone interested, please DM me. I won't be providing any more info on this post, only via private DMs.

    Happy Friday!

    submitted by /u/Snazzy_SassyPie
    [link] [comments]

    (salary + comm or comm only sales people) How do you manage your income?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    High Performers/ Earners

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:18 AM PDT

    High Performers and earners in SaaS,

    --Were you a good SDR/BDR? How did your experience as a SDR help you when you made the transition to AE

    • What set of skills did you work on to help you stand apart from your peers ?

    • How did you get better on the phone?

    -What techniques can you share with us that allowed you to cut through all the other sales people and have your prospects actually respond to you and take your call?

    Thanks in advance for taking the time out of your day to help those of us in the starting stages of our sales careers.

    submitted by /u/callmewolfie
    [link] [comments]

    A recruiter from Dell emailed me expressing an interest in a resumé of mine that had been seen on a job board. They asked me to apply, and I have heard nothing.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:03 AM PDT

    For background, I have 1 year experience in outside sales, and 1 year experience in account management/inside sales at a very well known largely tech focused company.

    I had applied to Dell for an Account Manager role 4 previous times. Each time, I got a rejection email within 5 business days.

    Then the recruiter sees my newest resumé and asks me to apply. I do, as well as respond to her email confirming that I've applied and expressing interest.

    It's been over a week and I've heard nothing.

    submitted by /u/expecto_depression
    [link] [comments]

    Car Sales Closing Ratios

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is in the right place but...

    Hey everyone, I have a question that needs links to studies if possible. What in the car sales industry, is the average closing ratio? (Sales floor not internet)

    I cant find the article but I've read it was 21% and I've been told by people with years in the industry that if your closing 35% your killing it. But there are some who say its 40%. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Subman305
    [link] [comments]

    Loving listening to Fanatical Prospecting so far, and it made me realize how unorthodox my current sales position is.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    Really enjoying it, and I've realized a lot of mistakes I've been making with regards to prospecting and the sales cycle. Hes an amazing hype man, though less practical workbook stuff than i was expecting (not complaining, you need both).

    I'm at the part where hes talking about the golden hours of selling, busy work and the importance of delegating and I'm realizing that I'm more of a marketing and operations manager, who is also expected to be the sales manager. Were a small company (less than 5 full time) and I spend a lot of time building displays, managing social, figuring out logistics for shipping and and stock, booking shows and delivering orders, as well as setting up marketing initiatives with advertisers and implementing strategies. I also have a high sales goal and am expected to fulfill the role of a fulltime sales person. I get paid a decent salary because of this (I fought for it, rather than higher commission and lower base) and the fact that so much of my day is spent doing important tasks that arent sales.

    His part about delegating others with the busy work or about saying no when others ask for non-sales tasks made laugh. I just imagined my boss asking me to build 120 displays in the warehouse and being like "no you" lol.

    I'm not complaining and I enjoy my job. But it made me realize that it's a really non-traditional sales role. I cant imagine having the freedom to only do sales work during the day like prospecting, generating leads, following up and making sales calls. To be honest though, it made me realize that I sort if prefer the other stuff. I love tradeshows, meeting people, doing sales visits and the like, but the actual calling and hard work are less desirable.

    Overall a great book, and has me realizing that while I'm good at what I do, theres so much to learn and I have a long way to go before calling myself a sales professional.

    submitted by /u/ElfInTheMachine
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of internet speeds should you have for home office?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:00 AM PDT

    Looking at potentially getting a remote job. I live in BFE where Internet is scarce. There's a couple satellite ISP's but speeds aren't high.

    submitted by /u/wstruin
    [link] [comments]

    Job offer dilemma: should I take a job I found to be boiler room, outdated and pure cold-calling?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    So I'm a bit strapped for cash and finally got a job offer as a Biz Dev for $45,000 + OTE in NYC after 7 months of job searching. They claim OTE bonuses of up to 90-100k. I don't doubt it but I feel this may be bait and switch to allure new salespeople. They want me to start on Nov 4.

    They have a 3.8 on Glassdoor and many of the 5-star reviews are apparently generated by employees to up the company's rating. From what I can tell from the website and LinkedIn, the company has some pretty big-name clients servicing and selling to c-level execs, which confuses me even more in figuring out whether I should accept the job offer. And also, the managers and executives of the company I'm applying for have nice testimonies and recommendations on LinkedIn.

    Here are some takeaways from the Glassdoor reviews:

    • boiler room style sales environment
    • if you don't work hard, you won't do well (which is fair and A-OK for me)
    • people make up names and numbers when cold-calling
    • it's the type of place where you can lie and/or make up your job title to make you seem more influential
    • for some reason, people lie about the product and/or are ambiguous about it when pitching even though the product and service are clear to me
    • I get a Wolf of Wall Street vibe from it since the office is in Wall Street, and the sales floor is full of Bros
    • for being such a large company, the NY office is kind of empty and huge; it feels incomplete
    • not much use and access to Salesforce for me, which is important to me cos I want more Salesforce experience
    • somewhat unethical and outdated sales tactics

    I'm kind of uncertain at this point. For such a renowned company (voted #2 tech company to work for after Apple in the UK), the sales team in NY seems off to me. I'm a customer support, customer success, and customer experience type of sales person, so outright lying to book meetings and close is not my style. I genuinely care for my customers. Is this just a good company that hires bad salespeople? I'm really not sure, so I need your help, Reddit!

    I do have some job interviews lined up at an IoT wireless tech company and a machine learning startup, but I don't want to risk not having a job if I say no to this and fail at my upcoming interviews.

    submitted by /u/pyRSL64
    [link] [comments]

    Going from B2B to car sales, can you get back to B2B?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:28 AM PDT

    I've been working in advertising sales for 4 months now & for the most part I like it.

    Unfortunately, I'm on salary for the first year at 30k annual & don't foresee myself getting past that with recurring sales anytime soon. I currently have one customer running about 1100 a month in advertising, to equal my salary I need 17K per month in recurring sales.

    I recently interviewed for a position at a dealership. Told me their average first year person makes $54k per year, and first two months they give you 500 per week minimum, more if you make more in commission.

    I enjoy being in B2B sales, but right now i feel like I'm not making enough to get ahead & don't see it happening soon enough to justify staying.

    To top it off, a salesman who has been there 10 years told me that "you'll never make 6 figures in radio sales".

    If I do get the job offer & go to the dealership, will I have the right kind of sales experience to find a good B2B job? Should I stick it out at my current job & look for other B2B roles instead? I don't want to get stuck in car sales after having an opportunity in B2B since that's where I'd really like to be long-term (not really sure of what industry, truthfully)

    Thanks in advance, I just don't want to make a bad decision & end up screwing myself over

    submitted by /u/Thenderson2011
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for advice on next steps

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:42 AM PDT

    I am 21m and have been selling cars for about a year now with the same company. As I have learned more and more about the industry and sales in general, I have started to realize some of the practices my dealership uses are not the most positive for their sales team (including consistent adjustments and cuts to our pay plan). Because of this I am beginning to thing about moving on. I don't know whether to pursue a job at another dealership or to look for an opening for sales in a different industry all together.

    In summary, I'm young and inexperienced but very driven, and quite frankly I'm tired of how this company constantly lowers pay and raises responsibilities on unpaid services to 'help the dealership'

    submitted by /u/Pandapool_OW
    [link] [comments]

    I am completely lost at my job right now.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:27 AM PDT

    I've been working at this TV station for almost 5 months now, and I haven't sold anything in 3 months. I've been put in a unique role unlike the rest of the salespeople where I'm trying to sell a unique and new product to businesses that is provided by a third party.

    I'm the only one at the station selling it, but the third party are telling me to sell it one way, while my bosses are making me sell it a different way. As stated, I've had extremely low success with this and I'm wondering what I'm even doing here anymore. I'm not sure if any day now I'll get fired or what my bosses are thinking. They've been micromanaging me more but don't offer much more advice, as they've never sold it, but they keep insisting I sell it how they tell me despite continued failure and the creator's recommendation.

    It's driving me insane and I feel like I want to quit. I love the people at my job, but I hate coming in and failing every single day and wasting my time, not making any sales or additional money.

    I'm just not sure what to do.

    submitted by /u/Kickenbless
    [link] [comments]

    Any technology lover in sales?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:27 AM PDT

    I love automation, technology stuff (a but of code) and love to talk about it. I have degrees and 6years leading project teams. I want to know what I have to accept if I go in sales:

    • lonely?
    • travel?
    • less intellectual?

    I want to talk passionately about my products to customers and solve problems but still work in a team. Is this sales?

    submitted by /u/Esel2k
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever had a deal you almost knew 1000% it was going to happen then it falls though? Did you take it as a learning lesson or did you try to save the deal even though its gone? I'm in that boat right now and don't know how I feel and what to do.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 02:27 PM PDT

    Home/Apartment/Commercial Cleaning Sales Strategy

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:25 PM PDT

    Hey all! Our company is cleaning in a new city after expanding from a city an hour away. We are putting together a marketing plan and I am curious what input I could get from the group. We are considering Google ads, FB ads, commissioned salespeople, incentivizing referrals, and social media presence. Thanks for your input! I'll be sure to update with progress on what does and doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/CallMeJoust
    [link] [comments]

    Medical device/surgical reps

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:25 AM PDT

    I currently work at a contract research organization, conducting trials for pharma companies. I'm tired of the desk life. The idea of assisting in surgery for a medical device is fascinating to me as a biology major with prior technical experience. It seems weird that these positions are always merged with sales positions. Has anyone heard of a surgical rep that only has the role of demonstrating med devices and assisting?

    TDLR/ Are there surgical/orthopedic positions for medical device companies that assist in surgery but DON'T involve sales?

    submitted by /u/tgsjw3
    [link] [comments]

    Commission setup - what % to offer for affiliates?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:51 AM PDT

    I did a soft launch on my first tutorial video series. I have a question about the pricing and commission for affiliates. What average percentage is offered for affiliate programs? I was contacted by someone and he said he wants to co-brand and advertise my courses but he wants to do the sales on his account. And wants 60% commission. I find giving out the checkout process from my hands very unusual and deeply disturbing. And the 60% to be outragious to put it mildly. I do not feel comfortable with this at all and I am not going forward with it. But is that normal?? How much % should I offer to my affiliates so they'll feel excited about it but I won't get broke on it? The course price: pre-enrollment $59, final price after launch $129 for the first course just FYI. Thanks for reading this and for your kind suggestions, too! Looking forward to get educated on this! 😁

    submitted by /u/dogloveratx
    [link] [comments]

    Looking toward the future

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:47 AM PDT

    Hello all. For the past couple month I've been looking towards the future more and more. I have been in car sales for quite some time. I actually run an independent used car lot at this time. Before I got into car sales I was working in bars and nightclubs. I excelled in car sales and worked my way through the store to where I am now in a relatively short time. With the cost of new cars going up, companies like carvana and vroom moving in, I just don't foresee the medium sized independent car dealers surviving much longer.

    The question is where do I go from here? I would assume starting over in a new industry Im going to start from the bottom again, which is fine. However car sales is the only Sales I have ever done. I graduated from a good high school in my area and did two years in college but decided it wasn't for me which looking back now was a stupid mistake.

    I currently make about 80k a year and while I would love to make more I'm comfortable with that. I plan on riding this ship for as long as possible but if it came to it I need ideas on where to turn. Any and all advice would be helpful!

    submitted by /u/isellcars12
    [link] [comments]

    How would you teach complex enterprise sales to a child?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:37 AM PDT

    I've been in Saas for 2 years and made the jump from mid-market to Enterprise sales. The transition has been challenging and I've been studying to close the gap. Reading up on hacks an article3 Simple Steps to Mastering Any New Subject, According to a Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist mentioned a few ideas and wanted to ask the reddit community. This is my first post, my fear is that I'll be cyber bullied or roasted. I joke I joke I kid I kid...(name that reference)

    Thanks

    Saas Guy

    submitted by /u/clutchmojo86
    [link] [comments]

    B2B Phone Lists - Advice

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:33 AM PDT

    I am building an outbound prospecting / appointment setting team. I have a dialer. Looking for phone databases for B2B. Our focus is healthcare. I know about definitivehc.com and zoominfo / discover.org but we are bootstrapped and $500 a month+ is tough.

    Any recommendations on a cheaper provider?

    submitted by /u/getch739
    [link] [comments]

    Best follow up message?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    Hey Reddit,

    My background is in marketing and over the last year I have developed a marketing campaign management software. Our target audience are small agencies and freelancers. On Linkedin I have about a 40% response rate to my connection requests. The connection invite message that has had the best response is "Hey {{name}}, I saw that we were both in marketing and I thought it made sense to connect."

    Most of them just accept the invite and don't respond to the first message. So I am wondering, what should be my first follow up message?

    I could say something like "Thanks for connecting, it'll be fun to see what you are up to. By the way, how are things going with your marketing agency?"

    I guess I am looking for some advice on how to qualify the prospect so that they are interested and I can set up a demo call.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Keet_
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a Google-Voice like app that shows the phone number is coming from my actual work number?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:02 AM PDT

    I have a desk phone and a PC with Google Voice. I'm interested in making calls with Google Voice show up on the customer's phone as my own work phone number.

    Is this possible, and if not, what extension do I need?

    submitted by /u/DravidianGodHead
    [link] [comments]

    Hiring Experienced Sales Exec (Need Advice)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:59 AM PDT

    Hi strangers,

    As a bootstrapped startup, I'm trying to structure an eat what you kill compensation structure that would attract some heavy hitters in NYC.

    Has anyone encountered a scenario with minimal base and an uncapped revenue share?

    Without getting too specific to stay in the sub's rules, we're b2b2c. We secure deals with buildings and then do ongoing business with the tenants of said building.

    Ideally, this bizdev killer sets his own pace and rarely would need to be present in our office. We have a pretty robust prospecting & lead gen system organized through hubspot (CRM). We'd hand over batches every week and start flying.

    Any thoughts on this model?

    submitted by /u/Aaroneouslee
    [link] [comments]

    Website “Contact is” feedback

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:23 AM PDT

    Anyone ever leave your info in the contact us tab on the website of the company you are trying to reach? Who reads those comments anyways, any good responses?

    Contact us* title

    submitted by /u/hookff14
    [link] [comments]

    I think I just had a twenty minute conversation with a BOT, or the dude had dementia, help me figure it out, please.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 03:12 PM PDT

    Here's the scenario ... I volunteered to make political phone calls into the state of Iowa using hub dialer, a predictive dialer (as a salesperson this is an easy and comfortable way for me to contribute my time every now and again).

    So this dude, with a British accent of some sort answers the phone. He allowed me to go through my brief intro and make the call to action, but he had a couple of questions. His questions seemed reasonable and personal. He told me about his eldest daughter Marissa who just finished college and was the first to graduate in his family and she was telling him she should get more involved in this type of thing. He then went on to tell me how he had gotten into trouble recently for responding to something over the phone and his third eldest daughter, Rachel, didn't talk to him for a week. He told me how much he appreciated how straightforward I was being with him. We were going back and forth and having a conversation. Then I heard ducks quacking in the background and he asked me to hold on. When he came back to the phone just a few seconds later, we started up the conversation again, and then he started asking the same questions, telling me the same stories about his daughters, yada yada yada - and then the ducks started quacking again. It was so weird, and I was so hesitant to move on to the next call but after twenty minutes I was saying to him, I'll let you go, it's getting closer to dinner time for you, etc... and he kept saying the same things over and over and wouldn't really let me go. By the end of the call I was kind of creeped out and I finally just said goodbye and moved on.

    Have any of you, especially those who do B2C phone sales ever have this experience? Was it a BOT I was talking to or a lovely old gentleman with dementia?

    submitted by /u/pangysmerf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment