• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 22, 2019

    Accounting Feel like this applies here too

    Accounting Feel like this applies here too


    Feel like this applies here too

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 10:54 AM PDT

    I think it belongs here

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    patiently waiting

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Brief, yet touching, descriptive, emotive and sensual.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    tAX SeASoN ISnT yeAr RounD

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 07:41 AM PDT

    Yeah, if you could go ahead and pilot this thing called Kanban in the next audit...that'd be great ����

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 04:10 PM PDT

    A junior decided to leak payroll info (including employment contracts) to random members of the client office. Do I suplex him or do a piledriver?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 05:17 AM PDT

    Apparently he decided it would be funny to talk about how one accounts assistant gets paid £5k less than the other and then proceeded to email across a bunch of confidential payroll files to "prove his point".

    For the love of God it's only a Tuesday.

    submitted by /u/REDxSAM
    [link] [comments]

    When your exam is on the same week as the company holiday party

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 09:03 PM PDT

    Them: What do you do for work? Me: I'm a CPA and work as an auditor. Them: Oh, so you can do my taxes then! Me:

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 07:22 AM PDT

    5 busy seasons later...

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    Alright boys and girls, what video games are yall playing?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 01:27 PM PDT

    This has been bugging me for a while because it seems like pretty much everyone in the accounting program at my college plays the same stuff. For me it's:

    Rocket League (kill me)
    Pokemon (im getting sword when it comes out)
    All the N64 and Gamecube-era Zelda games
    Mario Kart 7 (on switch)
    DOOM (2016)
    Witcher 3
    Hollow Knight

    and many others

    submitted by /u/HalfwaySandwich1
    [link] [comments]

    I am 40 and dream of living well. Never had security or stability. Will getting my Accounting degree/CPA get me there? (might get long)

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    Hello. I am 40 with 2 kids and a wife. I am a disabled veteran(get the 10 points on resumes) and have a Bach of Finance from a state school. I come from what can best be called white trash, and its been hard to keep my own life from white trashdom. I hurt my back very young in the AF and spent many years (9.5) addicted to painpills and heroin. I only really cleaned up my act at 35 when my girlfriend got pregnant with our daughter. That got me into rehab and then college. In college i did very well considering getting a 3.49 while working 30 hours a week and raising a little girl.

    I got out of college and was hired to do investments services and financial advise. They sold the department and i was without a job within a year of graduating. I DID NOT like that line of work and i have no desire to continue down the FINRA road. Since I always enjoyed my accounting classes and corporate finance topics in college so i enrolled in Auburn Online (start this spring) to finish my last 30 credits hours for another bach in accounting. The Accounting degree will add 18k to my 30k of existing student debt.

    Given my past (my wifes past is pretty shit too) i want to raise my family somewhere nice and "safe". Ideally Alaska, Idaho or Montana. I want to live out my life in the mountains with my family and have a stable income so we dont have to worry about lights getting shut off or credit card payments. I really want my kids to have a nice life they can be proud of, with better memories than i have. The other appeal of accounting is that it tends to be good for those that want to work after the typical retirement age which is good because i have a dismal retirement account.

    So is this something that will get me where i am wanting? A nice 75-85K salary in a nice mountain town with stability and good benefits. Would you focus on Government as a veteran? or should i just go all-in and try to get on at a big 4 in a mountain state and start from the bottom?

    This will take significant time away from my fatherly duties over the next few years so i am seeking some validation that im not wasting everyone time. I would gut it out with just a Finance degree but the job prospects arent even remotely the same as with accounting. Especially in the mountain states.

    Thank you for getting to the end of this. I am about to send off my deposits for classes and am having doubts. How much of a career can i really have at this age? I am 40 already... this feels silly. Tell me this going to be the best thing i can do and if i grind this out my mediocre dreams can come true.
    <3

    submitted by /u/-Dr_Strangelove-
    [link] [comments]

    The alleged training contents listed here are amazingly hilarious. What're the most WTF things you've heard during your Big4 training?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    I failed my PIP. AMA.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 07:00 PM PDT

    Pro Bono

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    Any CPA’s here make 200k or close?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 03:05 PM PDT

    Currently thinking of roadmap for next few years. I live in NYC. Controller and Director of Finance roles can hit this salary here but only in larger corporations.

    Anyone here making $180k+? How did you get there?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/aspiring_cruncher
    [link] [comments]

    I’m at a Lost

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 09:43 PM PDT

    I've recently been charged with identify fraud. I'm not going into too much detail, but I was dumb and young at the time and have grew very much past it. I'm about to graduate with an accounting degree and currently have an internship offer. The charges will must likely be withheld and later expunged due to it being my 1st offense. What do I do now? Do I try and complete my CPA requirements until the expungement has been completed, and postpone any internships? Do I switch majors altogether, and give up accounting?

    I've made a mistake learned a great lesson, and ready to accept all the consequences.

    submitted by /u/Misguided24
    [link] [comments]

    Fall recruitment in public accounting as a college senior

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 08:48 PM PDT

    Core 1, already feeling discouraged

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm currently in week 1 of Core 1 and I'm already feeling overwhelmed and discouraged. I spent yesterday and today reading the knotia ebook chapters and going through the multiple choice quiz. I ended up failing the quiz, 44% and I'm just feeling really discouraged as I don't think this is a good starting point. I have no idea how to study for this, and I'm already scared I won't be successful for the integrated problem and practice case. I just need help. I feel so lost and discouraged right now

    submitted by /u/turquioseshade
    [link] [comments]

    For a junior in college trying to be a CPA.... this is a big issue I need to solve.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 06:03 AM PDT

    Wiley or Becker???

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    I'm going to start my CPA exam next year. Which materials do you guys prefer?

    submitted by /u/anondickuser1
    [link] [comments]

    CPA Canada CFE issues update?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    Has anyone heard anything in the last month? I just don't want it to get swept under the rug.

    What are others that were affected doing in the mean time?

    submitted by /u/TSpeags
    [link] [comments]

    What software do you use to make financial statements?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:55 PM PDT

    My company (industry accounting, investment management) has been using Excel to make our financial statements (not just tables, but the actual note disclosures too), and it's been an absolute formatting nightmare. Surely there must be something better out there.

    Does anyone know of a program that will let you start with a TB in Excel and turn it into statements and notes with proper formatting (i.e., pages numbered, headers change for each statement, when a note continues over a page break the note title and "continued" appear on the next page automatically)? Bonus points if it checks for internal consistency and has an auto-rollforward function for next year!

    We've looked into OneSource, Workiva, CaseWare, and IFRS Software so far. If anyone has experience with those as well I'd love to hear it!

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/theangrygen
    [link] [comments]

    IT Risk vs Business Process Risk

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    Hey there, can anybody tell me their experience being in a public accounting Business Processing Risk role or what opportunities opened up after being in that kind of role? I've heard that a lot of the time for smaller engagements, the financial statement auditors will just do this portion of the audit rather than having a separate team do it for them. I'm currently an IT Risk consultant and feel like IT is not my cup of tea (which is probably why I'm an accountant by nature) lol. If the pay wasn't so much lower, I probably would consider switching to traditional audit. But I know tech is the "future" so it's probably smart to stick with this. Any insight would be very much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/zealot__of_stockholm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment