• Breaking News

    Friday, July 5, 2019

    CEOs, CTOs, CFOs, COOs, Presidents, VPs, etc need to get into the field Sales and Selling

    CEOs, CTOs, CFOs, COOs, Presidents, VPs, etc need to get into the field Sales and Selling


    CEOs, CTOs, CFOs, COOs, Presidents, VPs, etc need to get into the field

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:34 AM PDT

    I'm sick and tired of higher ups who grew up into the organization on the operations side making decisions that hurts the sales force. I used to work for a company that had a policy.

    Every executive team member had to spend 1 week per qtr with a sales rep. When the executive was with that team member they weren't allowed to identify who they were with customers. I once had the CEO of my company come on a sales call with me, he looked at my CEO and said "Are you the sales manager?" and my CEO said "No I'm just a ride along to learn the business" my CEO was worth hundreds of millions of dollars and was the largest single stake holder in the company.

    But I was talking to my management, almost our ENTIRE executive team grew up under operations. We are a sales driven company, that is ran by a bunch of people who never sold a thing in their life.

    I asked my VP of Finance how many finance contracts he's closed on. His answer?

    None

    Its just frustrating when you got people at the top making decisions that have no idea on the realities of the field.

    I've suggested this

    Some sales reps will go into operations for a week or two to get an experience of what they deal with

    Some ops people will go in the field for a week or two a year

    All executives have to spend 2 weeks in the field at least.

    I think this would open each other eyes to the reality of what we deal with.

    submitted by /u/sting2018
    [link] [comments]

    Those in medical device sales- does it ever get easier?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 06:39 AM PDT

    Asking this question for my sister bc she doesn't know how to use reddit. There isn't much I can do to help her besides see if other ppl are dealing with the same stuff and ask how to get through it.

    My sister[25] has been working for a medical device sales company for over a year as an associate. They have her running around day and night. A lot of the time she doesn't know whether or not she's working the next day or where she'll be going. Most of the time she's in surgery. She is so hardworking and is perfect for device sales but does it ever get easier and more steady? She's getting up at 4 am most of the time, not knowing the next time she'll have a moment to eat or relax. I'm starting to get calls from her just having a total meltdown from exhaustion. She's not even making commission, they're just putting it towards the rep she's working under so he's technically making her commission. Is that normal?

    Is this how the job is supposed to be? When does she actually start making money or become a rep? I'm just seeing my sister burning out and I don't think she feels like she can talk to her work about it. When she first started working there her bosses told her to give it two years. What is supposed to happen after two years? I'm not sure if this stuff is normal or it's just her company that's super wishy washy. Any form of advice would be great!

    submitted by /u/tor1236
    [link] [comments]

    Do I Cold Call The Manager?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    So late May I graduated college and wanted to start a career in sales so I went on Indeed and job hunted. I got an interview with a job that was super appealing to me and a good start to sales, I thought I killed the interview and the manager liked me. Sadly I guess it wasn't enough because I wasn't hired. I ended up taking a commission only sales job after that but recently the job has posted up job postings again and I have the managers info from last interview. Do I cold call her and try to set up another interview? What are ways to increase my chances for interview success, I'm alright with my sales job at the moment but this one is more favourable and I would love to attack it, but still timid with a successful method.

    submitted by /u/jnd613
    [link] [comments]

    What to do when top guys are breaking all the rules?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    If all the top guys are making huge numbers by violating company policies (nothing illegal obviously barely unethical just against policy) what would you do? Is it better to keep doing what you do for the sake of integrity and make poor numbers, or to join in and make big money at the risk of being caught.

    submitted by /u/Jim_Rustler
    [link] [comments]

    Where do you or your company get the leads for you to sell products/services to?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    I am just asking out of curiosity and the niche itself doesn't really matter. Can be loan modification, mortgage, real estate, b2b, SaaS, you name it.

    I was working for a startup that was in one of those aforementioned niches and produced the leads via ads online themselves however they struggled to maintain a stable lead cost and were on a sinking ship.

    I know that good companies outsource that part or purchase their leads from repuatble sources to get a constant flow of high quality leads to process.

    Where does your company get their leads from, what are the industry go-to's or does your company generate the leads themselves?

    submitted by /u/DiyFool
    [link] [comments]

    I done fucked up and want to make amends.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:16 AM PDT

    A couple of days ago I had an interview for a junior SDR position.

    I had become extremely passionate after reading about said company, and went above and beyond to make sure the interview go as smoothly as possible.

    I have to specify that said company is just opening its european branch, but is based on the opposite side of the world.

    Lo and behold, my efforts bore fruits and the interview was indeed a massive success with the interviewer directly expressing how impressed and interested he was in me as a candidate.

    As mine was the last interview before another thing he had to take care of, he didn't have time to schedule the next face-to-face meeting right there and than and left me his personal phone number saying 'get in touch with me in 2 days if you don't hear from me, this week I am extremely busy'.

    Well, today was the second day and I still hadn't heard from him, around 10 a.m. i sent him an email. No reply ensued for the whole day and knowing that the weekend was right around the corner (and reminiscing how well the interview went) I decided that i could also prove myself by calling him directly around 5p.m., and how this radio silence might've been a convoluted test of sorts to see if i had the guts to get on the phone just like that.

    Here's the fuckup: while I knew that during my previous interview he was in HQ on the other side of the world, i stupidly assumed with no grounding at all he'd have come back to the EU by now. He hadn't. I woke him up at around half past midnight. Fuck me.

    Granted, he actually took it well and laughed it off i still feel like the biggest fool on this planet. He still reassured me that everything was fine, he also shouldn't have left me hanging and mentioned how he is scheduling a call with the MD also present.

    Nevertheless, i feel like it's my duty to take the blame as my idiotic giddiness got the better of me.

    So i ask you, r/sales is there any way i can make it up to him at all?

    TL;DR I woke the interviewer of the sales position of my dreams at half past midnight.

    submitted by /u/Hugh_Gass
    [link] [comments]

    The best 1099 opportunities in the market today are...

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 10:30 AM PDT

    What are the best 1099 opportunities in the market today where you can recruit a team and make really good money. I already have an insurance agency I built to 80 sub 1099s. Looking for the next thing.

    submitted by /u/serialentreprenuer39
    [link] [comments]

    Sharing your stats during an interview, or generally making them available

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 09:56 AM PDT

    I've always wondered this, what's the point of even sharing them? It's not like your future employer can call your current employer (or past employers) and ask whether those stats are legitimate, so why even bother having them available?

    Obviously you can seriously shoot yourself in the foot if you are mediocre at best and you falsify your stats to show that you were stellar at all your previous roles, but in less extreme examples, what's the point?

    submitted by /u/parad0x88
    [link] [comments]

    “I’m just looking” sales objective advice please

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:18 PM PDT

    I'm doing my best to sell at my new job, I work at a furniture and appliances store. It's not my first sales jobs but it's so far been the most difficult. The biggest problem I'm facing is "I'm just looking" as a sales objective. As well as sales calls and getting people to come into the store. No one wants to talk to me when they come in and some people don't even look at me and brush me off. We're not supposed to accept "I'm just looking" as an answer and have them really interested in the item but I'm not given a chance. It sucks cause I've been reading books like SPIN, the challenger sale, and such but no ones giving me a chance to even put the steps into motion. I typically say "what are we looking for or are you here for___" but again people don't want to talk to me. Does anyone have any advice to help me out or how you overcame this objective yourself? Thanks for reading! :)

    submitted by /u/FlowersOnJupiter
    [link] [comments]

    Good at sales but socially introverted

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:27 AM PDT

    I'm posting this for some help. I've been in sales now for around 3 years, I've become very successful with it over the phone and I've hit every quarter. I want to develop my sales journey and I think the next step is field sales. However I've always been very socially introverted. I don't thrive well in large groups and I just cease up when I'm in the spotlight.

    I don't know if it's lack of self asteem or if I'm just no good at 'fitting in', but I do know that if I was confident around new people and I cared less about social gatherings, it would unlock so many doors for me and my potential would be unlimited. I absolutely believe that if I was confident then I could achieve anything I could think of. Are there any books out there to help me and are any of you guys out there in the same position?

    submitted by /u/Coozoh
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here have experience in utilities cost management/energy procurement sales?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 12:06 PM PDT

    I have an opportunity at a firm that sells cost management services, including energy procurement, wherein they negotiate lower energy cost rates for large commercial customers with energy suppliers. To be clear, it is NOT the sale of any MLM or anything scammy like that. They work with several Fortune 500 businesses and seem like a great company, but I'm wondering a) how challenging it may be to sell and b) what my earning potential may be.

    Thanks for any insight!

    submitted by /u/ViennaMalt
    [link] [comments]

    A tactful way to get customers to hurry and pay? [SaaS / Consulting]

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 05:57 AM PDT

    I had an incredible job opp I accepted and am serving out my last two weeks. Sucks as I am leaving a ton of commissions behind. Trying to close what I can and collect but I've got chronic late payers and some trouble projects that are just now getting tidied up, but clocks ticking closer to my final day.

    What's the most tactful way to ask for final payment?

    1 Approach by phone ask: What additional support can we offer or to satisfy this contract? As you know I'm exiting the company and want to make sure you're satisfied? Can I pick up a check this week if we meet X Y Z tasks?

    (This is the best I got, help I sound like an asshole).

    submitted by /u/YesITSPARKLES
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Independent contractor sales jobs

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    Has anyone on here ever had a multiple 1099 contract sales jobs at the same time and been successful? What is it like?

    submitted by /u/lDOG5454
    [link] [comments]

    Am I too young to close BIG deals? [SAAS company $150k-400k deal]

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:50 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    A lot of my colleagues use reddit so i'll try to be as secretive as I can. I work for a Martech company in the UK, we sell a SaaS based platform and I have been placed in the SMB team for deals ranging between $40k a year to $85k. The rule states that once I come across a deal in the 100k range, I have to pass it on to an 'Enterprise seller' , the plan is that the enterprise seller goes in and pumps the price to close the deal at over $200k.

    So far it seemed to work okay until this - I found a deal, worked it up to the typical price point of $55k for a simple plan (number of users etc), the Head of Marketing was happy and it went to procurement - however the IT director got wind of it and stopped the deal, he wanted to see a Demo too. Was angry that marketing was going to buy this software without his input.

    To cut a long story short, the IT department wanted the platform too and I had to up the price to 100k. I contacted the Enterprise Rep about this, but he was on sick leave. I reached out to our sales manager and he asked me to 'continue the deal'

    A few of the other enterprise reps have been mumbling that i am too young to close this deal {I am 28yrs]. I am pretty new to this role, but I have been so lucky, my discovery calls have gone so well and so far I am doing ok with pipe. Very lucky and grateful for this chance.

    I am an immigrant (only minority sales rep in the team), so I always doubt myself when I go to meetings, I feel like the prospect will be put off by my accent etc. But it turns out well.

    Now the reps who claim that i am too young to close this deal are keeping an eye on me, also the sales manager probably wants to see if I can close this. He gave me another 200k deal aswell, I have to present to the CMO of a $400m company in later July!!

    My question is this?

    How do I close?

    Both deals are at DEMO phase, how can I ensure that these VPs and CMOs I will be presenting to take me serious?

    Should I ask them to sign and start paper work right after the Demo? Do I give them time to think about it?

    I want real life examples of SaaS deals in this price range if you can.

    Will be really helpful

    thank you

    submitted by /u/ihenewa
    [link] [comments]

    Strategy for saving an Account

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 07:08 AM PDT

    Hi Reddit

    Account Manager for a large B2B Saas company in FinTech. I am new to the role at a and have inherited an account and Just received this email.

    Dear Dufflo,

    We will by this mail terminate the user account XXX in XXX.

    The number of users should then be reduced from 7 to 6 for the Q4 invoice.

    The termination is due to the increased price level from your side of 60% in the last couple of years.

    Must inform you that your present price level and the level of price increase is not acceptable for us. This has triggered a process where we are changing our analytics and feed supplies from XXX towards other providers. Our aim is to as soon as possible terminate the all contracts with you.

    Best regards

    Obviously, the client is not happy about the pricing has gone up. We apply a 3 percent price increase yearly (which is another discussion, but nothing I can do anything about). All other increases are due to value-adding content within the solution and the client has the possibility to discontinue the agreement with immediate effect if the price increase is above 3%.

    I can understand the frustration from the client's side of seeing price jumps all the time.

    Competition is. There is one provider who can offer the same solution, however, they are generally even more pricy and there is a combination of smaller niche players that are cheaper match ours.

    The client has agreed to meet with us after the summer for discussion.

    How would you approach this situation? I would love to hear your insights.

    submitted by /u/Dufflo
    [link] [comments]

    Opening Messages For Linkedin

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:18 AM PDT

    Interested to see what the seasoned veterans would recommend here, using Linkedin to connect (of coures) with prospects.

    It is said that there is better results when attaching a message - just wondering what people find to be the best? I presume not salesy is the best approach, but am yet to find the winning recipe?

    submitted by /u/Figrole
    [link] [comments]

    Selling better when I'm in a bad mood?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    I work in an inbound B2C call center. The process is usually a quick introduction getting some basic info from the customer, asking a couple discovery questions, presentation, close. It takes about 6-7 minutes to get to the close.

    Two days ago I was in a great mood. I was tailoring their discovery questions to the presentation, making friends in the introduction, and going for the close confidently. I closed at 10% that day.

    Yesterday I was miserable, depressed, and angry. I was short with customers, rushed through the presentation (got to close in 3-4 minutes) and went for the close with a shitty attitude. I closed at 50%.

    This isn't a fluke for me either. It's happened 4 times in my 7 weeks here. It makes no sense to me. Anyone else experience anything similar to this?

    submitted by /u/KillAntiVaxers
    [link] [comments]

    Finding rental apartment owners names and information in Toronto, Canada. I am insanely stuck and could use your help.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    Let me preface this by saying, I just received my first job in sales as an account manager at a HVAC maintenance company that focuses on multi residential buildings. After being told they would ramp me up by giving me a few months before commissions comes into effect (3 months), I was told that I had to find a list of apartment building owners information that had AC. They also work within condos and I found it easy connecting with property managers on Linked in but now I need a list of rental apartment owners by Tuesday. I have no clue where to begin and how to find this information. Can someone guide me along a path to find the information I need? I appreciate any advice.

    submitted by /u/Lookingforadvice1987
    [link] [comments]

    What's your method to keep track of follow-ups?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:01 PM PDT

    You're on the phone with a prospect and they say "Now isn't the right time, but follow up in about 4 months."

    Do you write it on a sticky note, create a task in your CRM, or keep it on a spreadsheet?

    What I personally do is set a reminder on Google calendar around the time the prospect said so and fill in the description with info about the call I just had.

    Let me know your methods!

    submitted by /u/parallelparkermusic
    [link] [comments]

    Customer Success > Sales - transfer at what level?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:47 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've seen some posts about going from Sales > CS but not the other way so thought I'd ask.

    I am a new(ish) grad and was fortunate to land a CS position at a startup (40-ish employees, 10M in funding to date).

    I've been enjoying the CS role, however, would like to also try out sales. CS is enjoyable and I do like the strategic nature of the position i.e. building long-term relationships with clients, there's just greater growth potential in sales as well as earning potential.

    My ultimate goal would be to be an Enterprise AE in the next 5-6 years. I think at that point I'd either keep going as an AE, transfer to sales management, try to transfer to business development/partnerships or the generic "Get my MBA" and switch fields completely.

    That all being said, if you were in my position knowing my goals, would you a) go from CSM > BDR or b) CSM to Account Manager.

    In my company BDRs cold call and book demos, AMs deal with mid-market customers and AE's are enterprise level. In looking around I don't see many companies with an "Account Manager" title that truly means sales (i.e. not a different name for CSM) so if I were to leave my current company as an AM I feel like I'd have to apply to AE roles or the BDR position and start over.

    Here are some of my main concerns:

    1. BDR is a good bootcamp role - its tough, but its good training - I'm stuck on whether or not I need to do it though, having CSM experience at the company (they are liberal with movement) I don't want to get stuck in the BDR role longer than I have to (I've come to find that timing is everything)
    2. If I go CSM > AM (skipping BDR) how do you think I would fair in the job market if I were to leave my current company? Would companies be skeptical of my lack of BDR training - AM's cold call as well but mainly run the demos that the BDRs set up.
    3. If there any CS people who have gone to sales and lived to tell their stories, I'd love to hear.
    submitted by /u/fastfresh
    [link] [comments]

    Working with a Non-Profit Organisation

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to post this but please let me know if there's another subreddit more suited for these type of questions

    I'm in a small family business and we supply Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to other companies, focusing more on B2B. I've also been involved and am a member of the local makerspace which does jobs like wood/metal working, 3D Printing services, volunteering for the community and other paid clients job. They have been struggling financially and cutting cost on a lot of things. I've approached them on suggesting to supply PPE to them but I've not had any feedback. And each time I go there, I want to follow up but I don't want to sound like a salesperson. The way I see it is that we both can benefit from this as we both have contacts that we can benefit from and hopefully will increase the exposure of our organisation's name to the public. I'm looking to diversify the business and I really like getting involved with volunteering and helping the community. So that's why I think it would be a great opportunity to take on.

    However, I'm not sure how to approach them now. I know the CEO and we do talk sometimes. So do I approach him and suggest what I just mentioned above or is there a better way to do it?

    submitted by /u/lonewolf13579
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to get efficient as a part timer?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:35 PM PDT

    Currently doing part time for a software company. Really lucky I got this job and I want to make sure to maximize my time for the company as it's short.

    I can still travel, attend shows, and do meetings.

    My concern is prospecting. Since business time is limited. Prospecting is limited for a max of 10 hours every week. The other hours I need to spend overseeing the big picture , prospect meetings, learning the industry, and following up.

    Also marketing work as well.

    Price point is $15-20,000. Sales cycle between 3-4 months.

    submitted by /u/locomotronn
    [link] [comments]

    Just updated my resume and CV but have yet to get a single reply. Would appreciate all the advice I can get. Thank you!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    I am getting really discouraged with the lack of replies. I've gotten a few interviews with my shittier resume, but since then i haven't got a single call back. I would really appreciate any advice without any filter whatsoever. Thanks a lot.

    resume and cv

    submitted by /u/weirdethnicmix
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment