• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 9, 2019

    Accounting They never get tired

    Accounting They never get tired


    They never get tired

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    The Future

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:30 AM PDT

    When the manager tells you to work on Saturday during your two week notice period

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:21 PM PDT

    Michael "The Rock" Scott

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 07:40 PM PDT

    Old news, fresh meme. All Hail the Big 3

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    I was rummaging around the supply cabinet when I found a pad of these...

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 10:55 AM PDT

    Don’t die with regret

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 05:51 PM PDT

    When you see your favorite Senior/Staff on the first day of the engagement.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    Me as a first year in my first month submitting any individual or corporate tax return to my manager.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    Note to recruiters: using Skype for business is NOT an example of how technologically advanced your firm is

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 08:09 AM PDT

    Seriously, this isn't the stone age. Yes, we can talk to people thousands of miles away with the internet. No, it's not impressive or even remotely interesting

    Thank you for reading my shitpost please like and subscribe

    submitted by /u/fashfront
    [link] [comments]

    Resume review, senior associate, 5th year in public

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    "i need you to build me an index match"

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    My new job gave me a mac

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    This is miserable. All my excel muscle memory is gone. Send help.

    submitted by /u/allnose
    [link] [comments]

    What personality traits are common, or even necessary, among those that continue on the public accounting path (like all the way to partner)?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 05:20 PM PDT

    Coming Back For Another Busy Season Be Like...

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    Does this CPA question make sense?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/QDfUOPq.pngNot sure if I'm losing it, this question is worded poorly, or it's incorrect.

    I'm aware that charitable contributions & section 179 depreciation are separately stated items for a S-Corp, so when it's asking for non-separately stated income shown on the tax return wouldn't that just be the guaranteed payment that you're adding back?

    Or is it asking what the income would be if you didn't separate it out? I'm tired y'all pls help

    submitted by /u/quentin_taranturtle
    [link] [comments]

    2Q or Q2, that is my question

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    Is there any governing body that regulates the abbreviations for the quarters of the year?

    Do we need to create one?

    submitted by /u/butterybails
    [link] [comments]

    NY Eliminates 3 Year CPE Exemption for New CPAs

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    Do you find people in public accounting to hold grudges?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 04:11 PM PDT

    For example, if a senior exploded on an associate or an intern, is it usually water under the bridge after a week or so?

    Due to the nature of public accounting, people are going to be very stressed. Do people tend forgive temporary attitude problems and drink it off?

    Or would just one outburst permanently stain a relationship between a senior and an associate?

    This is all based on your own personal experiences since it is so broad.

    submitted by /u/Elementalbright
    [link] [comments]

    People think LIFO is a hassle but nothing is sadder thank being LOFI at the office

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 08:11 AM PDT

    Crash Course in 3 days on Basic Accounting Principles for an interview

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:46 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    So I recently applied for an F500 Staff Accountant role and got invited to take a 45 min test covering "Basic Accounting 101 principles". I am a person of interest in accounting and have an Aeronautical Engineering Degree with a minor in quantitative finance.

    I have 3 days. Are there any crash course I can take in such short period?

    EDIT: Forgot to mention that I was an accounting clerk with experience in Accounts receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll during my senior year of high school and one year of college.

    submitted by /u/itsathrowawayyyy123
    [link] [comments]

    How much am I going to be expected to work?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 06:41 PM PDT

    I start an audit position in October. I'm not against working a lot especially at the beginning, but how much will they expect/want me to work. How much should I work if I want to look good and potentially get a promotion faster?

    submitted by /u/orangeking1997
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 background check

    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    I recently had my background check after receiving an offer at the big 4 and one of the third party investigators asked to see my CISA certification ID number. On my resume, I listed that I passed the cisa exam, but I didn't state I had the certification.

    In my resume, I listed it as.

    "Certification Information Systems Auditor Exam Date

    Passed "

    I also listed the CISA as a cert in my LinkedIn, but in the certification ID I put "exam passed pending experience". I assumed everyone who looked at my resume would know that i would still need experience. I tried to explain the situation the best I could to the third party investigator, but does anyone think this would be an issue? I already quit my current job so I am a bit worried about them revoking my offer.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/harrison5221
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment