• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 2, 2019

    Looking to Transition into Sales Sales and Selling

    Looking to Transition into Sales Sales and Selling


    Looking to Transition into Sales

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 08:47 AM PDT

    I'm an R&D scientist by trade with 5 years of experience in start up and three years in an academic setting (I found out that academia is just not for me) and a degree in Chemistry. I'm looking to transition to a sales / account manager type role from a cold position but I'm lost on how to begin.

    I have a contact at Novo Norodisk that I will be speaking to, but I'm not sure what questions to ask as to how to break into to field without prior experience. Will I need to go back to school for an MBA in order to be eligible for some sort of role that would allow me to interact with customers in a Pharma or Med type sales setting? This is something that I am really excited about as I am completely burned out on R&D.

    My current issue is that I am out of work at the moment, so I don't have a company to transition through internally. Is this something I should try to do in an R&D setting first? Or is there a way to apply for positions from the standpoint of a newbie? Please let me know.

    submitted by /u/woodrow_skrillson
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to land BDR position with aspirations of becoming an AE in SaaS, are there any technical skills or classes I should be looking into that would help me break into this space?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    Saas Interview help

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 11:18 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm a recent college grad looking for sales positions and came across a SDR role at an Saas company. I had a phone interview and have the level 2 FaceTime interview on Monday and I need some help. So I worked in insurance doing cold calls and some prospecting last summer but I have no tech sales experience. They want me to talk about my experience selling insurance at State Farm. Also, during the first interview, the interviewer told me that I need to have a good answer for why I want to be in tech sales. My main answer is that it can be lucrative, but I also said something along the lines of "Technology is the future and it's an industry that has a great affect on society" (abridged version but you get the point). Does anybody have any advice for me? Is that answer starting at the right place, but just needs to be fleshed out? Should I think of something else. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Mountain_Sound
    [link] [comments]

    Best cold emailing solution

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 09:07 PM PDT

    What would you recommend?

    Preferably a free solution, since I won't be sending more than a few hundred emails per week.

    submitted by /u/johansm
    [link] [comments]

    How to Succeed At a Job Hunt

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Thought I'd post this question here as I've been a member of this subreddit for awhile and have seen great advice given here.

    Quick Background: My friend is trying to get a job for the summer in the city I'm living in. We're both 19 year old college students and I already have a job sorted out for myself. In a couple days he's coming up to my city to find a job. I'm trying to do what I can to help him as I'd love to have him up here.

    Plan: This is the part I'm looking for advice on. So my plan is to dedicate one day (2 if necessary) to going to as many establishments in the city as we can, door to door, and getting him in front of as many decision makers as possible.

    Pitch: Once he's in front of the decision maker, the pitch is "Hi sorry to bother you, my name is X and I'm looking for summer work. I would love to work for your business and am wondering what's the process I need to go through to make that happen." Feels a bit blunt and not sure about the wording.

    I know you guys can definitely improve on my plan and any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/AlwaysClosing1
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best content/media (books, blogs, podcasts, documentaries, etc.) you have read/consistently read to become a better salesman/sales manager?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 08:29 PM PDT

    I just purchased Spin Selling and I'm looking to get more content to become better at sales.

    submitted by /u/Confidence114
    [link] [comments]

    How similar to this video is your sales job? (Atmosphere, expectations, management, etc) (Grant Cardone vid)

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    I'm watching some sales videos on YouTube on SPIN Selling, Challenger Sale, Jen Blount, etc and came across this Grant Cardone video . This was honestly soul crushing to watch. I can't imagine doing that every day. The vibe, the atmosphere, the way the managers acted towards the situation, it all seems like hell. Props to that kid tho, he handled it like a champ and had a good attitude about it. Is that what sales training at a reputable company is actually like?

    @10:15 "Is there a list? Do I have a list to call?" ... "Figure it out man" What the fuck lol

    I just can't imagine waking up every morning and going to work in an environment like that. It's not the amount of calls he had to do, or practicing his script, or having to make cold calls, there is just something unsettling about the vid. I watched this vid years ago and it was cemented in my mind as the image of what "real" sales roles were like. I forgot all about it, who uploaded it, and the fact that it was a Grant Cardone vid, but the mental image persisted in my mind.

    So, how close to this video is your daily work like? What is your role, title, and industry/company? I know it's a vague question and kinda hard to answer, but do you empathize with the situation in the vid? Does it look like "just another day at the office" to you?

    If not, do you have a YouTube vid that is a good example of what the daily life of your sales role looks like? Whether it be a movie, TV show, or irl video. I'm the type of person who likes to create mental models of situations and imagine myself in them. I don't have a solid idea of what a "professional" sales role is like. I want to get an idea of what the day to day is like in SaaS SDR/BDR and AE positions are like. What tech sales positions are like at Salesforce, Apple, Dell, Oracle, etc.

    submitted by /u/throwawayInABagAgain
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for SAAS BDR Role? Accepted job offer

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 06:33 PM PDT

    Hello r/Sales,

    I posted a few times on here I think, but I am happy to announce I accepted a Saas sales role in Toronto as an incoming BDR. I am about to graduate in November (finishing one online class from July-August, wasn't a problem with my employer), and after a month and a half of searching, I landed one job offer. I had 13 interviews over the course of September - April (with like 9 from April to May), I landed one offer.

    I am quite excited, as the company is in the content marketing space, so I am still somewhat around my own specialization (I specialized in Marketing) in University. I worked at a digital marketing agency last summer, so I have some sales experience, but obviously Saas is different, but something I wanted to get myself into. I am quite happy with the company, they got a cool culture, massive expansive office and their own gym - so I am quite happy with it. I am quite surprised I landed the position, they called me 30 mins after my final round interview with the offer. They said I left a great impression over the other candidates and they felt I would fit into the culture. I had to meet the Business Dev manager, two BDR's and the CEO during the last interview, it was quite a process. Signed the contract this Thursday.

    I am a bit nervous, slightly about the repetitive nature of the role but I do enjoy repetitive work at times. I was wondering for those in Saas sales, what advice do you have for someone to succeed in the first three months (probation) and also succeed in meeting their metrics. The company judges their BDR's on more monthly and quarterly objectives than others.Also any advice on how to blend into the workplace culture and full time life? This is my first full time job right out of college, so I am wondering whats the best way to adjust.

    Also, this isn't related, but there are so many Sales and BDR opportunities available in New York and San Fran, compared to Toronto. I checked on LinkedIn and it's insane.

    submitted by /u/TimberFrog
    [link] [comments]

    Biotech sales - transferring from production to sales

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 06:01 PM PDT

    Hello friends,

    I am currently working in production (lab) at a biotech company for about a 18 months. Really good product, FDA approved, covered by medicare etc. R&D is developing other products as well. I have found myself wanting to transition into sales as I see a more promising career in the future for me, compared to being in the laboratory. I reached out to my supervisor about this, and to my surprise they set up a full day for me to shadow. This day includes meeting the director for a high level overview, a small roundtable of other inside sales reps, a team meeting, then other supervisors and managers. I am pretty excited as I will get to see the function of a normal day and meet the people behind it.

    My question to you all is if you have any helpful hints or questions I should be asking throughout my day. This almost seems to me like an informal interview per say, and I would like to leave a good impression on the people I meet.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/wundyone
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment