• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 2, 2019

    Keyword Research (NEWBIE FRIENDLY) small business

    Keyword Research (NEWBIE FRIENDLY) small business


    Keyword Research (NEWBIE FRIENDLY)

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 03:37 AM PDT

    What you are going to need:

    1. Ahrefs
    2. My Sheet (Provided)

    How to get those keywords:

    https://youtu.be/21tb2DW29m0

    Time to fill out the sheet (I have included some example keywords)

    https://imgur.com/H1J1P47

    Sheet HERE

    Keyword goes on the first cell, then the difficulty (ahrefs based), if the difficulty is more than 12 the cell, will turn red to indicate that this might be hard to rank keyword.

    You then fill out the volume, I usually aim to have at least 100-500 monthly searches, then the clicks (you want to avoid search results with knowledge panels and people also ask questions because of the chances of someone clicking on your site rather than those helpful tools decreases).

    You then click on the top 5 sites ranking for that keyword and decide to see on average what are the sites ranking, usually its either:

    Informational (WikiHow, blog etc)

    • E-commerce
    • Local Business
    • Citation Site
    • Image sites

    You can easily out-rank an image and citation site, local businesses and informational might be harder to overtake.

    E-commerce keywords are usually a no-go for me unless I am doing E-commerce SEO.

    (optional)You then do a personal keyword difficulty estimation (I have provided a link to a very helpful guide), this will define if the keyword is truly easy to rank for and if it's worth your time.

    After all that is done you grab the URL of the #1 ranking site for that keyword, use http://isearchfrom.com if you are trying to get results from a specific location (yes results change based on where you are located).

    You then determine the #1 ranking site's UR and figure out if the keyword has buy intent.

    You are now done! That's it! You have successfully managed to get some amazing easy to rank for (if done the right way) keywords!

    If you want professional SEO help feel free to email me at [mhtro@protonmail.com](mailto:mhtro@protonmail.com)

    submitted by /u/vas_mhtro
    [link] [comments]

    Tell me some employee horror stories, before I kill mine.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 11:36 AM PDT

    I operate a deadline driven business. One of my very good, very regular customers put in two rush orders to two different locations. Everything was entered properly, but one employee took it upon himself to send both orders to the same address.

    So in the 11th hour I had everyone rally, remake the order and send it Next Day with Saturday delivery yesterday (friday).

    Except I woke up this morning to frantic calls because the Saturday box wasn't checked, and the remade order will miss the deadline too.

    I am sure this customer won't be back. I'm ready to fire everyone. I'm unreasonably upset. Business has been growing and I'm overwhelmed and stressed. I likely need to implement some better processes and work on my management skills.

    So please, fellow business people, tell me about some employee nightmares and how you overcame the issues.

    submitted by /u/bossladyboss
    [link] [comments]

    Contracted for work - now I'm being ghosted w/o payment

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    Brief background, I did work for a friend on 3 different websites. We didn't really talk about money, partly because we were trying to get stuff up and running to bring me on full-time with him. On a recent call, he said he'd buy me a new iMac to act as compensation for work done on those projects and also as an extension of going full time with him.

    Well, over the last week, I decided I didn't want to go full time with him and he was semi-pissed because he isn't getting me as his dev and he doesn't know the first thing about it. But in one of the emails exchanged, he said "I am willing to follow through with the commitment to purchase the iMac for work performed; fulfilling all commitments for compensation. Please send me your home address and I will order the computer this week."

    I haven't heard from him since. I know he's getting my emails because I have email tracking set to track opens. Do I have any legal recourse to make him purchase it based on the quote above or am I screwed?

    submitted by /u/megesever
    [link] [comments]

    Started my own personal assistant/house cleaning business and now have no idea what to do?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 12:08 PM PDT

    It's a legal business. It's started but I'm scared to expand it because I don't know what to do. Taxes, write offs, where to start, who to talk to who can help with that. Anyone have a similar business who can help? I'm at a loss Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/teslamodelsexy
    [link] [comments]

    [Accounting] Quickbooks Online is the worst. What's better?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    The software is halfway functional. Fine.

    But a 20% price increase last year, and a 16.5% price increase this year?! What kind of increase is that, what are they, a medical insurance company?? They haven't added any value that I've seen. Maybe someone needs to point them to the inflation index.

    Soapbox aside, I'm looking for similar software that has a business model based on value and not on emptying your pockets for your lunch money. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/SunnyFlippedUp
    [link] [comments]

    Is it OK to use a name that is currently listed as "INACT/MG" when finally registering my LLC?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    I want to use a name that is currently listed as " INACT/MG " and has a different suffix. I want to use "EXAMPLE LLC" while there is an "EXAMPLE INC." currently listed as " INACT/MG". Just wanted to make sure this wouldn't be a problem.I'm using the website sunbiz.

    submitted by /u/FantasyFind
    [link] [comments]

    Wife started an LLC, is she paying double taxes?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    As stated, she started an LLC a few months ago and she is the only employee. She pays quarterly taxes to both State and Federal. The remaining money she pays herself a salary every 2 weeks. Ok, no problem. However, at the end of the year, does she have to pay taxes again on every pay check she received, which was already taxed? We file jointly. To make things even more confusing, she is an independent contractor and works for a health company, so they pay her once a month pre-tax into her business account, she then takes taxes out of that and pays herself a salary. So she will get a 10-99 from this health company for whom she works.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/pleaseremembertowipe
    [link] [comments]

    Motivation notes written in recycled paper, is that considered new and something I can make money of?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 07:18 PM PDT

    How can I protect my earnings?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    I would like to start my own business but I have concerns about protecting myself from my ex-wife and mother of my child. I currently have my child half of the time and pay my ex-wife child support. I overpay my by estimations because she hides the majority of her income by only working odd and cash jobs. She claims to the courts that she makes way below minimum wage and my income is based off my W-2 so the scales are off already. On top of this she often drops empty threats of taking me back to court for more money so her intentions are clear; take what she can. Because of this I am conflicted about becoming an entrepuer. I really want to someday replace my job for a business but if I was to become successful I will have to earn as much on my business as my employer pays me. Now if that happens and I end up in court before I can quit my job. I will likely be judged to pay a lot more and effectively court ordered to keep working both jobs because I cannot voluntarily reduce my income once ordered. So with that I ask, is there any way to separate my company's profits from myself so that it does not affect my income if or when I'm dragged back to court.

    submitted by /u/RandoIdea
    [link] [comments]

    Finding new locations

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I own a small bitcoin atm company based out of Charlotte, we are now looking to expand to Spartanburg and Greenville SC. Specifically we are looking to dump our next 2 machines in gas stations down that way.

    I can't find any locally owned gas stations so its hard to get in touch with any decision makers, i have tried cold calling and leaving messages on the corporate line. Emailing corporate doesnt bring any results either - I even tried reaching out via social media but nothing.

    Does anyone have suggestions or feedback on what I could do different? Are there companies that could help with something like this? Our company pays monthly rent to take a 1x1 space next to an outlet and handle everything else.

    submitted by /u/coingenie_atm
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to go about doing work for a foreign company with my own LLC?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    I'm an American (IL) with a unique opportunity to be a business development manager for a small software company that is a GmbH in Berlin, Germany. The work would be remotely based out of the US -- I would not be going to their Berlin office. I've been researching ways to make this happen and have spoken briefly with a lawyer, and it seems like there are multiple options. I'm not sure which one makes the most sense for the business(es) and for me as a person, so any input is welcome, including pros/cons of each option, "you're an idiot don't go for this option," alternate options, etc etc.

    We have a call together on Wednesday to discuss the compensation plan and structure of the business, and the first two options seem to be contingent on how I am going to paid and especially on whether I will be receiving a cut of the company's profits from doing business in IL/US.

    Option 1: I do not receive any profits from the company doing business in the US. I receive a fixed salary and/or a commission. The German company establishes a foreign LLC in IL and hires me as an employee. [They seem adverse to doing this, possibly because they are afraid of tax implications?]

    Option 2: I do receive profits from the company (% established in operating agreement). The German company establishes Parent LLC in IL and Child LLC #1 in IL. I establish Child LLC #2 and act as an employee of this LLC. Child LLCs #1 and #2 are the managing members of Parent LLC. [Again, this seems to depend on how adverse they really are to creating a foreign LLC themselves.]

    Option 3: The German company does not establish an LLC in the US. I establish my own LLC and am employed by it. I receive a fixed salary, paid for by billing the German GmbH for services. Because in this scenario I am an independent contractor of the German GmbH, I am free to spend my time as I see fit, including on work for other companies. [What is not clear to me about this scenario: how we would handle any profit that I generate for the GmbH? For example, if I have in the work contract that I am entitled to 5% of any profits made from selling software, how do I make sure the GmbH gets their 95%? Do they send me the invoice and I transfer the money? How are they taxed on that profit?]

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/AcademicNumber
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get a custom email address?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 11:43 AM PDT

    I bought my domain through Namecheap, I've got web hosting lined up but not up and running yet. There are 2 emails that I'll need, leads@companyname.com and sales@companyname.com.

    Reading through some other posts it seems that getting the email through the web host/registrar isn't a good idea. I'd like to get away from Google/big data, so I'm thinking Protonmail but wanna know what else is out there, and also how to even create these email addresses which end with my company name.

    Having access to it through a mobile app on Android (yes I know that's still Google) is vital.

    Any ideas?

    Edit: Forgot to mention, if possible, I'd like to restrict user features. For example, I want to be able to delete emails, but give an assistant access to the emails but restrict them from making changes.

    submitted by /u/tradenewbie12
    [link] [comments]

    Inexpensive inflatable air cushions for crates? (Long ones, not the little ones).

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 04:28 PM PDT

    Need something that can be stuck down the side of a large item in crate, and then inflated. Several for each side.

    submitted by /u/Waffle-Foot
    [link] [comments]

    May bookkeeper saved me but is now messing up

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    A year ago I hired a bookkeeper for my small business because I was not even opening my mail anymore, I was missing payments and invoices and keeping my tax accounting straight. It was a mess. Hiring a bookkeeper really saved me. Everything got organized. Accounts and Payments were up to date. 3 months ago she started slipping. She (I) got behind on a tax Payment ( I knew but she said she was dealing with it) but then the government FROZE my account and wiped it out! I recovered, but she said she was baffled and was talking to them and couldn't believe it happened. I forgave her and moved on. I was upset about her "extra" billing of hours to me to clean it up. But I'm so green in this area I let it go. Now I have found two new mess ups and have zero trust in her. She makes excuses that she couldn't find this or that (when even I found the info she needed) and I really hate the excuses. She use to come in every Wednesday now she says she can "just do it from home". But then I really do t know what's going on. She has access to my accounts so I'm scared to be an asshole. I know I should terminate the relationship but how do I do it without getting screwed? She has all my info and quick books on HER computer. Advice please!

    submitted by /u/Nurseinjector
    [link] [comments]

    Finding ways to help my mom manage her business.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 02:59 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is the place to post something like this.

    So my mom owns a small apartment complex with 16 units (pretty old from the 70's or 80's) and is building four more. She also has 4 homes that she rents out.

    The business is paid off and everything seems to run well for her. She is the only one running the property at the moment. She takes cash or checks only and doesn't promote her business online or anything.

    So now that I'm getting older she is asking me to learn the business and help but that means I have stay where I'm at right now and I have plans to move to another state this year.

    So what I'm trying to figure out is ways to be able to help and hopefully improve the business without actually being there.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/helloimsheila
    [link] [comments]

    Do I really want QBSE or go with something like Wave?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    I am currently set up as a sole proprietorship and will probably switch to LLC. I have no employees. I require a cloud-based solution because I use Chromebooks.

    I am a service-oriented business (knife and tool sharpening) and have no inventory.

    I would like to keep track of transactions. I use Square for credit card processing. Today was my first official day of business (I work mostly at farmers markets right now) and I had someone pay me in cash. I want to be able to enter all sales, etc. and have a paper trail for everything.

    I've read some reports about QBSE that make me a little cautious, but it is on sale for $3/month. Today is the last day of the sale, so I must act today.

    Wave is free!

    Just looking for feedback and guidance for making an educated business decision.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/NealJ777
    [link] [comments]

    Eco-friendly Alternative to PET bottles

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I am currently starting a company that focuses on selling bottled water.

    We are currently working together with socially-driven companies that focus on the inclusion of individuals with different capabilities, such as people who were born with Down Syndrome or autism, which are helping us with our manufacturing proceeds.

    Since Monterrey - my team and myself's hometown - is the most polluted city in Mexico, we are deeply concerned with making our product an eco-friendly option for the population.

    Im looking for companies that make biodegradable bottles, or any typo of bottle alternative to the typical PET bottle.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/alfredo_cav95
    [link] [comments]

    Selling across the boarder

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 12:18 PM PDT

    I run a retail store that travels a lot for events. We are located in Canada and have been invited to come to the states a few times now. It is something that we will want to do in the future. Anyone know what the process would involve? Would we need a work visa or just get slammed with customs charges? Most of our inventory comes from the states already.

    submitted by /u/tstrr90
    [link] [comments]

    Question about out of province sales tax for clients. (Canada)

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    I've got a client in BC and I'm based in Toronto. I invoiced them with my our provincial tax (video services). The footage will live online. I am not incorporated (sole proprietor). How should I charge sales tax? Ontario tax or BC tax??

    submitted by /u/bradfilm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment