• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 1, 2019

    Just landed a medical sales job and I lied about cold calling experience. HELP! Sales and Selling

    Just landed a medical sales job and I lied about cold calling experience. HELP! Sales and Selling


    Just landed a medical sales job and I lied about cold calling experience. HELP!

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, so I just landed a medical rep sales job yesterday through Craigslist. I was asked if I did cold calling in general before and I lied and said " yes". I have to sell a surgical device but I don't have any freaking experience ( yet I took this on because I'm VERY determined to succeed). I'm just lost af. My territories are hospitals and surgical centers. If I call a hospital what do I say? Who do I ask to speak to? Y'all I know literally nothing! So please provide me with advice and maybe a script on how to cold call. Thank you soo much !!

    submitted by /u/emily-girl
    [link] [comments]

    Salesmen, what is your typical workday like?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 03:49 AM PDT

    What secondary skills pair well with sales? Skills like a second language, programming, excel, data analysis, etc?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 05:09 PM PDT

    I'm wanting to increase my appeal as a salesman and increase my shot at landing a good position. I enjoy learning new things so I am wanting to jump into learning a new skill to increase my value as a prospective hire. Are there any "hot skills" in demand right now?

    I'm currently looking into SaaS positions. I'm learning Python as a hobby, but I'd prefer to learn something more immediately beneficial to my career. I have a bachelors degree in business and I'm a good salesman, but I don't have a lot of tangible skills to my name. I can't say "I'm skilled at XYZ and here's the proof." I just have good (niche and proprietary) sales numbers.

    submitted by /u/HolaBolaNolaShola
    [link] [comments]

    Those that have left sales, why? What was the catalyst?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 01:13 PM PDT

    I understand that this might not be popular here, but I'm curious to the reasons of why some leave the field.

    submitted by /u/rickraus
    [link] [comments]

    Am I being too soft? I need tips on how to be more aggressive.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 04:52 PM PDT

    I've noticed from today's appointments, maybe I'm being too soft when I sit with people. I don't necessarily want to be a pushy dick. But sometimes people needed to be guided.

    submitted by /u/noah-schultz
    [link] [comments]

    Synonym for the word application?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 10:09 AM PDT

    So I find prospects start to shy away when I say the word application. I've been countering their objections by stating "we are only starting this application so we can peek our head in the door, if we don't like what we see we slammed the door shut"

    Anyone have a different word for the word application that you like to use?

    I also think establishing more repur and better understanding of the product that I am selling would help as well

    submitted by /u/regionalmanagement
    [link] [comments]

    Switching to the dark side, adjuster to roofing sales.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 04:03 PM PDT

    Hey all, I am an insurance adjuster for one of the major carriers, I do CAT work and want to be closer to home. Dealing with roofing contractors/sales guys everyday makes me think that it's something I would be good at. Obviously I don't do sales but I often have the tough denial conversations which I have to sell people on, disagreements with contractors in front of homeowners that I need to essentially sell them to trust me over the contractor etc. I am very good at my current role but tired of traveling and the micromanaging, would the skills I currently have about roofing and the claims process etc help me be successful on the sales side?

    Thanks in advance,

    submitted by /u/PinchOfSkoal
    [link] [comments]

    Would you interview me if this came across your desk?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 06:51 AM PDT

    Hey r/sales,

    Would you interview me if my resume came across your desk? I'm not looking for advice solely from Sales Hiring Managers (though I'll absolutely be listening with very open ears), but anyone who's been successful in the field of sales in some capacity. Just need some advice!

    About 1 year experience as an Inside Sales Rep, and 1+ years experience as a Product Manager (heavily involved in Business Development). Good results at both jobs, but they were somewhat hybrid roles that didn't have hard sales goals or quotas attached. So I included my own.

    Would you consider me for an entry-ish level Account Executive or Account Manager role? Or Territory Manager, or any other different-name-but-same-job title. Just a role where it's my job to make sales.

    If not, why? Not enough experience, Industry isn't a match, etc.

    Would you consider me for a position in another location/state? I ask because I figure being willing to move might improve my chances, and I'm an open book right now. I have money saved for moving/emergency fund, my girlfriend of 2 years just finished her degree, and we're very open to relocation to a bigger city where there's more & better job opportunities.

    Plus, we want better weather and more adventure. Think California, Colorado, Arizona, Charlotte, etc. Anywhere really.

    Thank you to any & all who have feedback for me!

    submitted by /u/robin_nohood
    [link] [comments]

    Ghosted by an employer

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    This is weird I know. Went for an interview at an office. He says that I got the job and he asks when I can start and I say tomorrow and he goes "great Send me an email with your resume and I'll email you back so we can work the scheduling out" I email him... he confirms he got the resume. No scheduling or when I should come in. Email him again the next day asking when I can start and haven't received anything in a week. Even if he responds eventually should I even take the offer if they're going to be that unprofessional about it?

    submitted by /u/ryukingu
    [link] [comments]

    How many leads do you average per day with cold calling?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 11:29 AM PDT

    I hired a guy to do calls for 8 hours a day for two days and he was able to get 7 leads.

    I was hoping for about 30 or so leads per day. So don't know if something is wrong either with the data, the script or the caller?

    I was able to get about 30 leads in one day of calling when I was doing it same niche (digital marketing) so don't know what the issue is.

    submitted by /u/rojo1986
    [link] [comments]

    The best sales literature (with a preferred focus on startup sales)?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    I am about to switch jobs from that of analytical to selling. As of late, I've been exposed to selling consulting services (Big4) and been relatively successful so I thought to double down and get myself a pure sales job. I want to join a startup because that would be a perfect learning ground for getting sales exp in a quickly growing entity.

    I want to give my sales knowledge a proper upgrade and so I started to look for good literature on that topic. I have a particular focus of startup sales (mostly software) so I would like to get literature specifically covering that in more detail, both B2B and B2C. In latter instance, it would probably be a mixture of sales and digital marketing.

    I am currently reading SPIN selling. Predictable Revenue and SNAP selling are both in the pipeline. These are in my list because my friends recommended these to me. AFAI can tell, SPIN selling is a great framework but since it was originally written in 1988, I am not sure if it completely applicable to 2019. I am pretty sure that the basics covered by this framework have changed quite a bit in our digital and fast-paced world.

    So, I turn to you folks. What are the most up-to-date selling frameworks (in greater detail) and what literature covers them in the best way possible? Both B2B and B2C please.

    submitted by /u/FrugalKrugman
    [link] [comments]

    I have the worst sales job

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    I'm 20 years old and I recently got this job as a fundraiser for a charity. I get paid hourly + commission. I know I'm technically not selling anything but it's a similar process.

    It's door to door fundraising. On average I raise about €300 per day. About 33% commission + €10 per hour.

    The company I work for is terrible, people get fired after 3 days if they don't perform well. I'm here about 2 weeks now and my performance is average. Everyday you're basically working to keep your job.

    The reason I chose this job is too improve my people skills. Some of the top performers I work with are a lot older than me and have great communication skills. I want to develop those skills but I want to know is the stress I'm experiencing from this job a good thing? Is it a good way to learn these skills?

    I aspire to be a top performer not for the money but to prove to myself I am capable.

    I would like to get into a different sales industry in the future like cars or real estate if I'm successful here.

    submitted by /u/pepsichug
    [link] [comments]

    Contant nagging from sales managers

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 09:11 AM PDT

    Does anyone notice this from management ? Always constantly nagging about selling and numbers. Gets a little exhausting

    submitted by /u/QuickBuster
    [link] [comments]

    Selling specialty courier service

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 08:29 AM PDT

    Hi there!

    Background

    Looking for some help and insights from everyone out here. I'm a small time courier company (it's just me for now doing everything- development and driving) trying to carve out a living for myself.

    My speciality is 'expedited' services - anything last minute that needs to be driven (or flown via commercial flights) and I charge towards the higher end of the spectrum. My background and certifications/field are geared towards medical devices, hospital equipment and pharmaceuticals (though I do handle other things that need to move 'within the next 15 minutes').

    I did have a good client for the last few months (a freight forwarder that subcontracted to me) that suddenly stopped using me to instead go with an unlicensed 'joe from down the street with a van' type deal.

    Problem

    I've been trying to find a way to market to operations managers at freight forwarding companies and also directly to procurement/logistics manager at various companies but can't seem to ever get to the right people. I have added quite a few on LinkedIn but never seem to be able to generate a conversation (I find that people generally aren't responsive unless I get them on the phone).

    Question

    If you were in my situation, what would you do to get to decision-makers and 'sell' my service? I'm not looking for a large volume, but rather just a few key companies to start off working for - even if the volumes are small.

    Side note

    I do add everyone on LinkedIn with a small blurb mentioning the following;

    "Greetings Ms./Mr. XXX, I am a logistics agent starting a speciality courier service in the Montreal area. Looking to connect to learn more about XYZ company and more than happy to share insights from my experiences in the logistics sector. Thank you."

    Would you suggest to change anything in that?

    Thanks very much for your time!

    submitted by /u/kito99
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here in the TIC industry?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 06:45 AM PDT

    Wanna share some experiences? Starting a new job next week. I'm scared shitless

    submitted by /u/WhereAmI_lol69
    [link] [comments]

    CRM for merchant service sales and account management

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 06:35 AM PDT

    Hi r/sales,

    I operate a small merchant service company and am in the market for a new CRM. So far, I've tested CRMs like PipeDrive, SaleForce and FreshSales but am not sold on any of them.

    We're looking for a CRM that has a focus on both sales and account management. We'd also like something that is a little more business centric. We're finding that many of the CRMs tend to have a focus on the contact person rather than the company but for us the company is the client, not the people at the company. We're also looking for something that isn't too expensive right now but is scalable.

    Any suggestions are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mkp11
    [link] [comments]

    Have a HUGE interview next week..need your help!

    Posted: 31 May 2019 07:05 PM PDT

    3rd step interview and I've already been told I'm not the number 1 candidate on the board. Need to knock this one out of the park.

    The entire 1hr discussion this time is about how I will go about pipeline generation for new logos. I've got a number of ideas about how to go about preparing for this discussion...but would love your feedback around how you would prepare for and structure this discussion.

    Bit of background...this is for a field sales role for mostly greenfield territory. The company is SAAS, has raised over 300M and has been around for 8+ years. But they have a MASSIVE focus on new logo wins.

    submitted by /u/GillyMonsterz
    [link] [comments]

    Univision AE?

    Posted: 31 May 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, so I received an offer as an Account Executive for Univision. I would be selling integrated marketing with an emphasis on digital advertising. I would also be selling ad space for radio and television but they mainly want me to focus on the digital aspect/integration.

    Base is 55k which is much better than what I'm making right now plus commission. I have heard a lot about the difficulty of selling ads and building my book of business but the base will be more than enough until I start making commission.

    I was wondering if anyone currently works or has worked in this type of space and if it is worth it? I have only done sales for a lead generation company thus far. I want to take it but would like some advice first on whether this is a good career move. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/issac2209
    [link] [comments]

    What is considered the best autodialer on the market?

    Posted: 31 May 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    Did a search through the subreddit and could not draw any conclusions.

    I waste way too much time sorting and dialing through leads on a day to day basis and I am ready to pony up and invest in an auto dial subscription for myself and potentially the other 4 agents on my sales team.

    Essentially I want to be able to double dial my leads through the autodialer and then leave a prerecorded message on the second dial if there isn't an answer.

    I started a subscription today with Justcall for $50/month and I can run an autodialer and text campaigns. It's a very straight forward system but the only downside is that I get charged per dial.

    I'm simply wondering:

    1. If there is one autodialer that is seen as the best on the market?
    2. What makes the most sense cost wise for autodialing for myself and my small sales team?
    submitted by /u/ACJredd
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Mentor

    Posted: 31 May 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    Hey All,

    Was curious if there was anyone on here that would be willing to be mentor for an accountable, and hungry young salesman. Been at it for 3 years but am willing to learn and listen to experiences.

    Thanks team!

    submitted by /u/JerryThompson2018
    [link] [comments]

    "Getting more quotes and you are the first person I have spoken with."

    Posted: 31 May 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    Hello all. Forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I am in home improvement sales. It's a somewhat saturated market in my area and I continue to get the same objection. "I am getting 3 quotes and you are my first one." The current way I have been handling this is not working. I typically leave a price then ask when I can follow up. After this I usually can not get a response. So my question is how do you guys handle this objection? What is the best way to handle this objection without becoming the "pushy salesman?"

    submitted by /u/Kraken747
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment