• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 2, 2019

    If the best time to invest is during a recession, then why is that most investors pull their money out during that time too Investing

    If the best time to invest is during a recession, then why is that most investors pull their money out during that time too Investing


    If the best time to invest is during a recession, then why is that most investors pull their money out during that time too

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 07:38 PM PDT

    How long after I leave my company is it no longer insider trading to buy calls or puts?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    I was a pretty low level engineer, I didn't really know much. I knew we would be launching my product after I left, but I don't know any hard dates. It's more like loose stuff, as in I know what I worked on would be released this year or next year, but again I really don't know when.

    I quit recently, and the stock is at a big low. I do believe it will go back up when my product is launched, although not significantly. Can I buy calls without getting in trouble? Is there some cool off period?

    submitted by /u/oreocoloredcat
    [link] [comments]

    Uber’s Path of Destruction

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    I found this interesting article that discusses Uber's business model and technology. Amongst other things, it argues that:

    • Uber really isn't that innovative (and isn't really a tech company)
    • It's only grown big due to massive subsidies
    • It doesn't have any lasting competitive advantage, and is actually less efficient than existing taxi companies

    I know there's been several posts about this topic on reddit, but this seems to go into more detail.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/SuddenParfait
    [link] [comments]

    Analysts and regulation. Does it exist?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    For months I have watched companies like Zach's upgrade a company one day and then downgrade the next. No lie, within 24 hours, even on weekends like today where nothing is changed. Constant upgrades and downgrades back and forth.
    One of my companies they upgraded yesterday and downgraded today, on the weekend with no news related to the sector or company. They are some indecisive folks.

    What in the @#$ are they doing? The analysts are ruining the market with their BS "votes" based on absolutely nothing.

    Two weeks ago I watched Morgan Stanley downgrade a company after they sold a large portion. Then upgrade a competitor after they increased their position 30% in it. Of course they profited from that. Unreal.

    Am I supposed to believe no insiders are profiting from these moves and maneuvers?

    Has anyone successfully reporting anyone to the SEC? I know I'm not the first to notice these things because you'd have to be blind not to notice.

    submitted by /u/TheDoorsOpened
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your opinion of ARK Invests active ETFs? https://ark-funds.com/

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 03:20 AM PDT

    Some of their funds have done really well, for example Web x.0 has done 36% CAGR in the last 3 years.

    They have got some screen time due to Tesla controversy and bull thesis but what do you think about their active ETFs and the companies they are holding otherwise?

    https://ark-funds.com/

    submitted by /u/megaboogie1
    [link] [comments]

    Why was there never retaliation from the US for China banning Facebook, Google etc?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 02:18 AM PDT

    This happened even before Trump. What did the US say to that? "OK i guess..."

    Talk about bending over.

    submitted by /u/wesred
    [link] [comments]

    Noob Question: Bid higher than Ask?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    I just started investing so sorry if I piss anyone off with these basic questions. To my understanding the Bid is always going to be lower than the ask price. But can someone explain to me what would happen in this station:

    ABC Stock has a current Bid of 5.00 and an Ask of 5.02. A buyer puts in a price to buy at 5.04, but the lowest someone is willing to sell still remains at 5.02. Why wouldn't the current Bid be 5.04 and the current Ask be 5.02?

    submitted by /u/andy20491
    [link] [comments]

    Investing in a three fund portfolio.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 07:30 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm 18 and have organized all of my financial accounts. I have a ROTH IRA with Fidelity, do I just buy the three following index funds, the ones Fidelity provides. I've looked up the statistics that they provided and am confident with what I'm getting. I'm just asking if i was doing this wrong or there are better alternatives? Buy one share then continue to put money into each? Thank you.

    US Stock Index

    International Stock Index

    Bond Index

    ETFS:

    SPY

    vOO

    submitted by /u/googlecarti
    [link] [comments]

    "All of this dialogue suggests to me the market is one or two bad economic reports away from a sharp reversal as investment theses become derailed."

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    Recession and REITs

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 03:06 AM PDT

    I know there are many historical data on this especially from 2008 because publicly REITs are a recent thing. But 2008 was kind of special because it was caused by the mortgage market and that escalated.

    How about if a recession hits that is unrelated to real estate and more to global tensions, trade wars and the like? How do you think REITs would be hit? Wouldn't it be a safe haven better than bonds or gold?

    submitted by /u/aelaos1
    [link] [comments]

    Selling a call option

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 09:26 PM PDT

    I own 150 shares of a company. When I go to sell a call option, I am shown a message that says I do not have enough money to do so. How can this be?

    submitted by /u/gordonosaur1
    [link] [comments]

    Joint brokerage account and taxable gifts

    Posted: 02 Jun 2019 12:00 AM PDT

    I and my partner (not my spouse) are looking to invest into shares under a Joint brokerage account. If my partner was to send me money into my bank account which I then use to invest into our joint brokerage account, will the money sent from my partner be considered as a taxable gift in the eyes of the ATO?

    For argument's sake, let us assume the amount my partner sends me each money is $3000.

    If the money transferred is a taxable gift, what are the implications on the transferred money?

    cheers,

    Dave

    submitted by /u/daaavvvveeeeee
    [link] [comments]

    What account do I put my purchased securities under?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 11:27 PM PDT

    Hi, I have a ROTH IRA and Individual brokerage account from Fidelity. I am using Robinhood as my main brokerage because I save more on fees in the long run, but when I go to purchase for example index funds or bonds it tells me which account I want to buy it on either my ROTH or Fidelity Brokerage. Which one should I put it under? Thank you, a bit confused on if it matters or not. Would it be more tax efficient to put it under the ROTH?

    submitted by /u/googlecarti
    [link] [comments]

    FT vs Barrons or any other paid subscriptions worth it?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 10:39 PM PDT

    FT = Financial Times

    submitted by /u/1257919478
    [link] [comments]

    Broker choices

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 08:15 PM PDT

    Hi all, Australian here looking at investing and not sure what broker to go with. I hear good things about Interactive Brokers and there fees but not sure I will be making enough trades to really take true advantage of it. I mainly am interested in US Equities so I think ones like BellDirect and CommSec won't be good choices.

    So i guess main question(s) is Interactive Brokers worth it if you can afford to open an account? Also what are the charting tools like with it or would I need to subscribe to TradingView, TC2000 or Incredible Charts. (I used incredible charts while learning as its free and pretty full featured minus the live data which you can subscribe too)

    submitted by /u/adapt0rdie
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have an opinion on BBBY or AFL

    Posted: 01 Jun 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment