• Breaking News

    Friday, March 29, 2019

    Stolen car found 4 weeks later Insurance

    Stolen car found 4 weeks later Insurance


    Stolen car found 4 weeks later

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 02:29 PM PDT

    So, my car 2019 Jeep Cherokee was stolen from my apartment parking lot. I of course filed a claim with insurance and police. They told me after 15 days it is considered a total loss and they would give me an offer. The fifteen days came, and they made an offer to pay off my car and I accepted it. Eight days later my vehicle was found at a gas station with the criminal inside! He had narcotic and hyperemic needles. I talked to a detective on scene (and through email), he said he wouldn't feel comfortable ever getting in the car again due to the narcotic residue. My insurance company is now making me a new offer to fix damage to the car, and don't want to consider it a total loss anymore, I declined the offer because I go to Mexico often I do not want to drive it with narcotic residue. I emailed the detective and he reinstated that he would not drive the vehicle if it was his, and to get an attorney. My insurance company is saying there is no other option but to fix it. Im 25 and can't exactly afford an attorney at the moment and I'm wondering what they would do right now or what advice they could give me. Any input would be great.

    crossposted with r/legaladvice

    submitted by /u/Gabrielleeej
    [link] [comments]

    Career changes from Commercial Underwriting

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 01:42 AM PDT

    Hey I'm going to be an Underwriter for a carrier. I was wondering if I change my mind about insurance, which type of career can I change to?

    Which field outside of insurance appreciates the skills of a commercial underwriter?

    submitted by /u/hobag416
    [link] [comments]

    I haven't been to the dentist in 9 years; which plan should I get?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    I got a plan but after getting it I realized they do not cover panoramic xrays and they are stringy about the fillings. I am not used to dental work and how the insurance works. The dentist said I might need a full mouth x ray and an extensive look for being a first time applicant (haven't shown up yet or scheduled). So I was looking at two other plans offered. The HMO is cost efficient monthly, uses co pays instead of % off (Idk if that's better) , but doesn't have as much dentists in my area. The PPO one is expensive monthly; but covers most things and there are great 4.8+/5 star dentists in my area who are in the network. Can you guys look over these two for me to see which one I should get? I am really just looking to get my teeth cleaned, cavities removed, one wisdom tooth removed, maybe teeth whitened, and whatever else I might need since I haven't been in so long. So maybe a cancer examination, possibly an extraction or crown if bad. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

    HMO Plan

    http://apps.humana.com/marketing/documents.asp?file=1586689#/sitecore#/sitecore

    PPO Plan

    http://apps.humana.com/marketing/documents.asp?file=3288207#/sitecore#/sitecore

    submitted by /u/Crazypete3
    [link] [comments]

    Finding list of hospitals insurance covers for emergencies

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 12:19 AM PDT

    I just got Anthem Blue Cross. I would like to know which hospitals to go to in case of an emergency in Seattle if some accident were to happen. Is there an easy way to find a list of hospitals that insurance covers? This question may sound totally naive and it is.

    submitted by /u/kevinfat2
    [link] [comments]

    Still have not received EOB for dentist appointments

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    I visited the dentist on 2/28 for an exam and x-rays which were supposed to be covered by insurance 100%. I had another appointment a week later for some fillings that I'm concerned may not be fully covered by my insurance...that's another matter, though. But I still have not received an EOB for the first appointment, and consequently, haven't for the second one. I have another appointment coming up in about a week but I don't really want to continue racking up charges without knowing if my insurance is covering this all or not.

    The dentist is in-network (confirmed) and their contract, as stated in my benefit booklet, does say they're supposed to submit claims for me. I did call insurance to ask if these procedures would be covered, but I would like peace of mind by actually seeing the EOB and then going from there.

    Is it normal to wait 30+ days for an EOB to come in? Is there a reason this could be taking a while? Some insight would be appreciated! I'm considering stopping by the office tomorrow while I'm out running errands or calling but I don't want to sound dumb or impatient if this is totally standard. Thanks much!

    Edit: If it matters, my insurance provider is BCBS of Texas, but it looks like they billed it to Anthem BCBS on my treatment plan...not sure if this is normal also? Aaah

    submitted by /u/vcrshark
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when insurance repairs fail?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 08:36 PM PDT

    I'm really starting to worry that I am going to be left without a working car, or the value of my car to buy another.

    I have made a couple posts throughout this process, and after 10,000 dollars and 5 months, my car still doesnt work.

    When I raised the issue to my insurance company that the car should be totaled, they said " too late now. Youve already been compensared to fix it" but the car still doesnt work, and theres no end of repairs in sight.

    I'm sick over this. I cant afford to just lose 13 grand like that. I could have no way of getting to work, lose my job, and wind up dead in a gutter over this. Okay maybe I'm exageratting, but the problem is very serious, and All State is just fucking me here. Best case scenario with the repair, I'm stuck driving an unsafe car orbget stranded.

    What do I do? I called my representative today and hes going to run this up the ladder tomorrow morning. I just have a bad feeling, and if I don't get the car totaled, what next? Do I have to sue?

    submitted by /u/undercovermf
    [link] [comments]

    [advice] [opinions] I have to travel to Italy for my fiancé’s brother’s wedding but I have an open insurance claim with the other drivers insurance.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 04:28 PM PDT

    I have nerve entrapment I just got treated for with a caudal epidural injection. I still have untreated minor compression fractures on my L1 and L2 vertebrae. Will this negatively affect the claim? Is there a reason I shouldn't go? My out of state travel is public record, correct? I just don't want this to be an issue going forward with the settlement and such. I honestly don't even want to go in the first place but it would be nice to have a solid excuse.

    submitted by /u/AfrikaPanther
    [link] [comments]

    Car hit my motorcycle. Bike is at the shop to be assessed.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    My question is, what about all the upgrades I've done to my bike. Do those upgrades get repaid to me if the bike is totaled? Cars insurance already took 100% fault.

    submitted by /u/mofofosure
    [link] [comments]

    Collection agency

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    I left a dent about 3-4 inches in the bumper of a van that was parked on my icy street. We talked to the owner of the van we asked her if she could keep the insurance companies out of it and just pay her out of pocket for the small dent. A little while later he get a call from her insurance agency 🙄. They told us the damage and my dad paid it to them. But then later they said there were 4 baby car seats in the van that they need to replace as part of their policy and we need to pay another $1200. I thought that is just ridiculous because there is no way those car seats were damaged in any way. Sounds like scammers. So we refused to pay that after bugging us for a year. Now they turned it over to a collection agency. Would they take us to court if I don't pay and would we win this case if they did take it to court?

    submitted by /u/baegelzz
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance is refusing to pay for the damages

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 05:47 PM PDT

    Hey, everyone. It's my first time posting here so if I don't do this correctly, I apologize. I want to get in as many details as possible so you can get a clear idea of what I'm dealing with.

    I was in a car accident on Feb. 21st, 2019. I was at a gas station pumping gas and someone backed up into my vehicle. I didn't realize what had happened until I heard the crash and and people who were standing by the gas station entrance yelled "oh, shit!".

    My vehicle is less than 5 months old, I purchased it on Nov. 25th, 2018 and it was purchased new. It had no damages whatsoever prior to this accident.

    He got out, apologized, and gave me his insurance information. He took pictures of my vehicle's damage and also provided me with his email and phone number. He didn't ask me for my information since he was at fault. He was driving a rental vehicle who was provided to him by a 3rd party's insurance for another accident he was involved in. The vehicle had Florida plates but I did not make note on the make and model of the car, or the damages to his rental, if any.

    I called his insurance the next morning, started a claim and thus began this incredibly frustrating situation.

    The gist of it is, that no one is willing to pay for my damages. His insurance policy company (who I've had to hunt down over the course of a month) claims that because the vehicle was not one covered under his policy, they are not responsible. They did, however, say that he assumed full responsibility for the accident. They told me to contact the rental car company and get in touch with them because they should be the ones to cover my damages. I called them today and they too said that because the driver declined extra coverage, HE was responsible for my damages. I may be wrong, but as far as I'm aware, as a rental car company, they must have some type of insurance to cover things like these, right?

    They suggested I call my insurance and see what could be done. I just got off the phone with them and they're basically telling me that because I started a claim with them, I will have to pay for the damages to the car myself... I asked if they could get in contact with the other driver to sort it and they agreed but said they really don't think he will pay for the damages.

    I don't feel that I should have to pay for damages that were caused by someone else. I also don't want my insurance rates to increase due to this. I'm getting fucked over and I want to know what my options are.

    I apologize for the length and I appreciate any advice in advance!

    submitted by /u/MelissaMacabre
    [link] [comments]

    Would my future car insurance rate increase if I use my provider when I am 100% not at fault?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    I got into a car accident a few weeks ago and just this past Monday learned that the other side has taken full liability for the crash. My agent told me if I wanted to use my own insurance for the repairs, they would waive my deductible but since I need a rental during the repairs, I would need to pay for that out of pocket and seek reimbursement from the other side. Since I am not at fault and the other side has taken full liability, if I wanted to continue to work with my own insurance provider for my car repairs, would my future auto insurance renewal rate go up?

    And if I close my claim with my own insurance and work directly with the other party's insurance for my repairs and rental, would this second option impact my future auto insurance renewal rate?

    submitted by /u/lifequestionsallday
    [link] [comments]

    Can I buy insurance against an institution closing?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 07:51 AM PDT

    I live in a small college town in the USA. I own one of the more expensive homes in the town. The university is by far the largest employer and largest economic driver of the town, and has been having a rough patch lately.

    While I doubt the university will actually close, there's this voice in the back of my head reminding me that if it does close, the property value on my home will plummet (because everyone will leave, the population of the town will be 1/3 of what it was, and there will be thousands of homes on the market), and I'll be so far underwater I'll have fish for neighbors.

    Is there a way to buy an insurance policy against the university closing, so that the payout would cover all or some of the loss in my property value, making it easier to sell the home when the time comes? I could see this as either a fixed payout (e.g. if the university closes, i get $X) or an equity protection (e.g. if the university has closed when I sell the house, it pays out the difference between my purchase price and the price I sell for).

    Does such a product exist, or would anyone write such a policy?

    Edit: Answers are focusing in the "home value" question, which I think may not really be relevant. Let's ignore the home value issue entirely and ask "Can I buy an insurance policy that will pay if the university closes (regardless of what I would do with the payout)?"

    submitted by /u/UsedToProfessor
    [link] [comments]

    Can I ask my old insurer to pay for roof repair?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    I was with my old home insurance company for around six years until Oct 2018. I decided to switch. The new company said I needed a new roof due to hail damage. I decided not to stay with that company and switched to a third. This company agrees that I need a new roof to continue coverage.

    I have been told by roof contractors that I can file a claim with my original insurance company to pay for the repairs. Is this accurate? Or do I have to pay for a new roof out of pocket? I did not file any claims during previous hail storms.

    submitted by /u/_thisistheshow_
    [link] [comments]

    Hail damage to rental car

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 08:05 AM PDT

    Title says it all. Rental car got dinged up pretty good from a hail storm in the US. Have insurance coverage through USAA and also have rental car coverage through our credit card. Never dealt with a situation like this and was wondering what advice (do's and dont's) people have for dealing with the car rental company and/or the insurance companies. Who to contact first, what to watch out for, etc.

    Edit: I did not take out any of the rental company's insurance options.

    submitted by /u/rak9999
    [link] [comments]

    Coverage for felling a tree that damaged house

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    Hi all, I have a unique situation for which I need advice. I had a large tree fall toward my house, and not hit it only because it caught on another tree. There was extensive damage to my deck, roof and gutters from the branches that came of both trees.

    Additionally, there was a significant danger that the trees may both eventually fall onto the house, as there were heavy winds continuing through the night. I had a tree service fell both of them that night.

    Because most of the tree service charges were to fell the trees, my insurance is balking at paying any bill that doesn't involve removing the tree from the house itself or cleaning up the tree. Is there anything that can be done to have this be covered? I have extensive video and picture evidence of the position of the trees, and expert advice from the tree service of the high likelihood that the trees would eventually fall on the house if not immediately removed.

    Thanks for any insight you can offer.

    submitted by /u/PayingPremiums
    [link] [comments]

    Hit and run accident. Hard time with insurance.

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    Hello. My car was involved in an incident, someone hit my parked car in rear wheel and ran. The body damage is not that bad but as he hit the wheel, my car was pushed into the curb and it made some hidden damage. I had to file the claim eith my insurance because the police was not willing to check the cameta footage.

    The appraiser made an estimate for the body work, however he did not include both rims in the report. He said that he is not able to tell the hidden damage but a wheel alignment might fix the issue, he set an appointment into some car repair shop for me. I took the car into that shop, I've been sure that they are going to check the mechanical issues but they only did what the appraiser wrote on paper (alignment). I told them that the car is still not safe to drive, they said that it might have some damage but they did not check it. I had to pay $100 out of pocket for the alignment that didn't make any sense as it will still require new alignments after fixing whats wrong. They tried to reach my adjuster but she didn't pick-up the phone.

    I tried to reach him multiple times, left a voicemail and sent text but he didn't get back to me within 2 days.

    Not sure what I should do because my car is not drivable. I have a rental car and I'm afraid to be charged for using it as my car is not being repaired.

    I have a high deductible and an auto loan, so I paid off the car today to get the lien release so I will be able to get a payment directly, that way I would only fix the mechanical damage and leave the paint damage as is and put the body estimate towards deductible.

    I was thinking about getting the car to the dealership and a body shop to get a real check-up and estimate. Will I get a reimbursement from my insurance for that check up?

    submitted by /u/magnumpl
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Industry - Recession Question

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    Hello, I am a young professional within the industry, around 6 years or so. I was wondering how the insurance industry was affected by the great recession from 2007 - 2010. Insurance seems like a recession proof industry as it's something that everyone needs. I am curious, were there huge layoffs? Or was everything par for the course.

    submitted by /u/Marcelino4545
    [link] [comments]

    How far back are insurance companies required to keep records of past members?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 11:39 AM PDT

    I'm applying for the Air Force and the doctors are asking for complete medical records back to 2009. I've been covered by three insurance providers since then. Aetna is telling me that they don't keep records for more than two years, but that feels wrong. I was a dependent of the primary policy holder from 2009 to 2016.

    How can I access my records? Do they still exist? I've called the same member services number three times, spoken to three different people and gotten three different answers.

    submitted by /u/twowaysplit
    [link] [comments]

    Need help understanding Rental Car Insurance Policies (UK)

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    Just a quick backstory (skip if you want I guess it's not necessary)- me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship, he lives in the US and flies over to me in the UK. We rent a car for the trip, and it ends up costing a lot of money (close to £1000) for a week. This is mainly because we pay extra for full coverage insurance (mainly because I'm scared we'll accidentally total the car and be in debt for the rest of our lives- don't judge me I have no knowledge of this kind of stuff)

    Anyway, I'm looking for cheaper insurance for the rental car as it seems like a lot- starting to worry we're getting conned.

    I've been looking at Alamo, they have a collision damage waiver included in the costs and this is what it says in the terms:

    If Renter selects DW on the Rental Agreement Summary, Owner will not hold Renter liable for damage to and loss or theft of, including any towing, storage and impound fees reasonably incurred by Owner as a result of the damage to and loss or theft of, the Vehicle, except that Renter will still have to pay the excesses indicated on the Rental Agreement Summary every time the Vehicle is damaged or stolen or lost. If no excesses are indicated on the Rental Agreement Summary, Renter is still responsible for rentals originating in the UK for the first £1,600 and for rentals originating in Ireland for the first € 3,000 every time the Vehicle is damaged or stolen or lost. Renter's responsibility can be reduced with the acceptance of Excess Protection (see paragraph (b) below) and/or Roadside Assistance Protection (RAP) (see paragraph (c) below). Renter agrees that DW does not exempt Renter from liability for damage caused by: the use of incorrect fuel; any breach of sections 3, 4 and 5 of this Rental Agreement or if Renter failed to take all reasonable measures to look after and secure the Vehicle or the keys or any other device which unlocks the Vehicle and/or enables the Vehicle to be started.

    And then I can pay extra for Excess Protection, which says the following:

    If Renter selects EXP on the Rental Agreement Summary and has accepted DW on the Rental Agreement Summary, Owner will reduce Renter's responsibility for any loss caused by damage to, theft or loss of the Vehicle to the excess amount indicated on the Rental Agreement Summary. If no excesses are indicated on the Rental Agreement Summary, Renter is still responsible for rentals originating in the UK for the first £700 and for rentals originating in Ireland for the first €500 every time the Vehicle is damaged or stolen or lost. If Renter selects EXP and DW has not been selected, Renter remains responsible for rentals originating in the UK for all losses above £900 and for all rentals originating in Ireland above €1,500 in all cases up to the full market value of the Vehicle every time the Vehicle is damaged or stolen or lost. Renter agrees that EXP does not exempt Renter from liability for damage caused by: the use of incorrect fuel; any breach of section 3, 4 and 5 of this Rental Agreement or if Renter failed to take all reasonable measures to secure the Vehicle or the keys or any other device which unlocks the Vehicle and/or enables the Vehicle to be started.

    Does this mean if I just get the DW I'd only have to pay up to £1,600 if there was damage to the car and then if I paid for the EXP I'd only have to pay up to £700? Like is this full coverage, if something really bad were to happen I'd only have to pay £700 or is there something I'm missing?

    I'm really sorry this is a lot of text and probably a dumb question but I just don't understand. Any help would be really appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SmellMyMangoes
    [link] [comments]

    How does Primary/Secondary work in Canada/Ontario

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    I have a few questions abut primary/secondary insurance holding in Ontario, Canada.

    • What does it mean to be a secondary on a policy
    • Does being secondary not count as experience? I have been my parent's vehicles since I was 18 and I was insured as secondary.
    • Would I have been in a better spot if my parents just gave me said car(s) and put me as the primary?
    • When I call TD for quotes, they say I have no history when I have been driving, with no record what so ever for a long ass time
    • Can I buy a new car and make my dad primary (since quote is based off of primary's age/history/etc)? Why would I not want to do that?
    submitted by /u/WingCommando
    [link] [comments]

    Car Insurance Over-valuating a Potentially Totaled Car

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    My sister got hit while she was driving and it was the other person's fault. The other person does not have insurance. The damage to her car was estimated at $6,500 and my sister's insurance adjuster put its value at $13,000. That valuation is about $5,000 more than the Kelley Blue Book. Obviously now they don't have to declare it totalled.

    I'm not a big car or insurance guy, but I'm trying to understand why the adjuster would valuate it so high. To what end would they do that? Do they pay less to have it repaired than paying out for it being totaled? Should my sister file a complaint? Any thoughts would be welcome, and thanks.

    submitted by /u/commercialeer27
    [link] [comments]

    Can I request a different Insurance Claims specialist during a claim?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 06:59 AM PDT

    Got an incident where I was involved in an accident. The specialist I was given from my insurance hasn't been very helpful with the whole process and we can never connect with each other.

    Is it possible for me to request a different Insurance Claims Specialist without jeopardizing the claim, or coming off as rude?

    submitted by /u/mnmattie
    [link] [comments]

    Personal Injury Law suit

    Posted: 28 Mar 2019 06:04 AM PDT

    If I am involved in a personal injury law suit, and my lawyer sent an investigator to take pictures off my phone of where the accident happened, shouldn't he send an investigator to the home owners house to get any photos he is trying to use as evidence also?

    submitted by /u/Lokitty143
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment