• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 24, 2019

    Once Homeless, This Entrepreneur Has Now Built A $100 Million Business Entrepreneur

    Once Homeless, This Entrepreneur Has Now Built A $100 Million Business Entrepreneur


    Once Homeless, This Entrepreneur Has Now Built A $100 Million Business

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 08:38 AM PDT

    Cameron Chell was once living on the streets of Vancouver as a drug addict for 4 years. He has been an entrepreneur since age 14 and is currently the CEO of Business Instincts Group, a Venture Creation Firm with a focus on building high-tech startups.

    Cameron is the cofounder of Urthecast, Cold Bore Technologies, Slyce, Raptor Rig, Trace and Trax. Most recently, Cameron has served as an advisor to KodakCoin, one of the first compliant cryptocurrencies.

    Read the full story here https://www.forbes.com/sites/alejandrocremades/2019/03/24/once-homeless-this-entrepreneur-has-now-built-a-100-million-business

    submitted by /u/ov30
    [link] [comments]

    Questions on buying a domain

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 06:59 AM PDT

    I have plans to build my own business in the next few years and want to hold on to a domain that is currently unowned. Are sites like godaddy the best places to purchase a domain for holding? Should I use something like wix or squarespace even if I don't plan on building the site just yet? At most I plan to have a basic page up with external links to gain some SEO.

    Let me know your thoughts.

    EDIT: Thank you all for being so helpful! I'm looking into Google and some other suggestions today!

    submitted by /u/pressed_coffee
    [link] [comments]

    Do you know a Blue collar millionaire?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 04:13 PM PDT

    Do you know someone who is a blue collar millionaire? If so, what is their business?

    submitted by /u/tbk125
    [link] [comments]

    Burning out fast.... looking for advice & guidance

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone - My name is Josh and I am burning out.

    I've been struggling lately to put enough time into my business - which I operate on the side. Each week gets harder and harder to muster up the desire to continue - even though the fire is still there, it's getting weak as time moves on.

    I have an entrepreneurial spirit but I maintain a full time job as a Marketing Director for a growing business to make sure my family has nothing to worry about. Health insurance, steady income and the niceties of daily life keep them happy. However that's not enough to quench my thirst for wanting to do and create more.

    Just after high school I launched my own side design and photography business, which i still maintain to this day to do a handful of jobs on the side. I keep it it up more as a branding for myself and to pick up some side work when needed. However, the bigger hustle has been the launch of a street apparel and accessories business about 5 years ago.

    The side business that has brought me here today is DailyDriven.com - because of my close attachments to the automotive industry and as the creator of an automotive event and production business I had started (and eventually handed over to one of my friends to keep the torch going) I was an easy in to start and launch with an active user base.

    I am burning out because as some of you entrepreneur's might understand - is that I do almost everything for the business. I concept, design, work with suppliers, maintain orders, inventory, packaging, I do all the marketing, social media, I pull the orders, pack and ship. When it comes to 99% of the business - I do it all and I am burning out. I have a great group of close friends and family that help me when I need it (mainly, but more specifically for events, etc where we have a display/booth to sell at). I would not be where I am today without their help - so I have to give them many thanks for sticking with me.

    I struggle to grow the business, which is currently ran out of my garage. This is NOT a drop-shipping business, everything is designed to spec, I work with suppliers and order bulk to stock my own inventory and get the best margins I can afford. The brand has had it's ups and downs but the fear of taking a giant leap into growing the business out of my garage is just too much for me to risk (and I know is what is holding it back). As I continue to struggle with this idea - I am burning myself out continuing to do the daily work to maintain and keep it going and it's starting to show. I am getting behind on packing orders out in time and with recently starting a new full time job - my energy levels aren't what they used to be.

    As one entrepreneur to an entire sub reddit full of them - I am looking for some advice and maybe some guidance to help get myself out of this rut. I am in no means selling myself, or my business here and just looking for some encouragement on what I should be doing next. I will do my best to monitor this post and answer questions as they come up.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mackeydesigns
    [link] [comments]

    Entrepreneurship and the education system

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    The western education system is structured to create disciplined workers and employees and that is giving less freedom to students who want a different future. It seems like everyone is involved in determining a students future except the students themselves.

    https://www.entreto.com/post/entrepreneurship-in-schools

    submitted by /u/shervinix
    [link] [comments]

    I made an animated summary of "Delivering Happiness" by Tony Hsieh . I hope you can get some value from it.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiUWCZkHbA8

    Let me know if there are any other books you'd like to see summaries of.

    I've done summaries of other books like:

    • the personal mba
    • the $100 startup
    • zero to one
    • grit
    • the compound effect
    • the prince
    • the slight edge
    • meditations
    • who moved my cheese?
    • the one thing
    • the 6 pillars of self esttem
    • 7 habits of highly effective people
    • secrets of the millionaire mind
    • thinking fast and slow
    • the power of positive thinking
    • think and grow rich
    • how to win friends and influence people
    • rich dad poor dad
    • the subtle art of not giving a fuck
    • models by mark manson
    • the power of now
    • 12 rules for life by jordan peterson
    • the 10x rule
    • the inside out revolution
    • man's search for meaning
    • how to stop worrying and start living
    • millionaire fastlane.
    • and some others...

    If you're interested and want to subscribe here's a link:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfbLDMh6uGOZePAfqqjVZ-g?sub_confirmation=1

    If you'd prefer to read the script instead of watching the video, here it is:

    Delivering Happiness By Tony Hsieh

    Tony Hsieh, Zappos founder, shares powerful insights on how to deliver happiness to customers in order to make a business venture successful. The book is more of a biography that shares Hsieh's stories and viewpoints on creating the path to success and building a happy workplace.

    If you're interested in this book you can get 2 audiobooks for free with a trial of audible using the link in the description of this video.

    Here is a summary of the different things covered in the book.

    Chapter 1 & 2: The ups and downs

    In the first chapter, Hsieh takes the reader down the memory lane of his childhood wherein he tells the readers about how his parents had mapped out his life. From wanting him to learn to play piano to doing every little to big thing in life, Hsieh's parents had decided everything for him when he had plans of his own and wanted to study computers, technology and build his own business.

    He also discusses how he began thinking outside the box at a young age when he was in school and eventually made his way to Harvard. While he never took too many classes in college or school, he learnt a lot, did well in the exams and also kept running his business. It was creative thinking that helped him achieve that.

    The second chapter talks about the different struggles people experience in life and how people emerge victorious, but sometimes things do not work out in their favor. The chapter also discusses how Hsieh experimented with different career options such as working for a reputable company, running his own business, declining offers to sell it and eventually selling it at a whopping price of $265 million to Microsoft.

    Chapter 3 & 4: Diversify

    In chapter 3, Hsieh shares his story about how he invested in and diversified Zappos by looking for different companies that required seed money to start off their business ventures. He then met Nick and Fred who had worked on creating a website that sold shoes. While Hsieh wasn't sure of the idea, he still invested in it and soon, the business started doing well. It was then that Hsieh invested more money in the company and changed its name to Zappos.

    Following that success story, Hsieh invested in around 27 other business in need of seed money and diversified his investments. However, he was soon bored with not being directly involved in the routine activities of all the businesses and then experimented with poker. He talks about how a company's CEO must study the business in depth before investing in it to make an informed decision.

    Then in the next chapter, Hsieh talks about how Zappos was doing good business, but its sales became adversely affected after the 9/11 episode. The sales dropped low and to save his company, Hsieh changed Zappos' business model and turned into a dropshipping. He also liquidated his assets to get enough money to buy inventory and was able to turn the idea into a huge success. However, Zappos experienced problems with a company that it had outsourced to ship their orders, which affected their sales to which Hsieh argues that while outsourcing can be great, it is not always the best option especially when you don't have any control over what the other service provider is doing.

    Chapter 5 & 6: Platform for Growth

    Chapter 5 centers on the importance of building a company culture and focusing more on creating loyal customers instead of advertising. When a company has scores of happy customers, they will publicize it themselves and the company won't really need the support of any other advertisement. Hsieh emphasizes on the importance of establishing core values and principles in a business to make it a huge success.

    Then in chapter 6, the focus is on the need to build and maintain great, profitable relationships with influential and reputable people across the globe to take your business to the next level. Building strong networks is what helps a business grow and that's how Hsieh drew the attention of other successful businesses towards Zappos.

    Chapter 7: End Game

    In the last chapter of the book, Hsieh encourages the readers to ponder on their goals and aspirations in life because it is only when you are clear on what you wish to achieve that you can become successful in life. He also talks about how one's mission should be to deliver happiness to the entire world, including your customers when running a business because that's how you can influence people. This can be achieved by pursuing an idea you are truly invested in.

    Delivering Happiness is a warm, inspirational read that holds readers by the hand on how to run a successful business.

    submitted by /u/alwaysimproving95
    [link] [comments]

    What are the chances that a large company might want to purchase my brand?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:28 PM PDT

    I sell a personal health product via my online store and Amazon. I have had well over 10,000 customers in less than 2 years. It's a good brand.

    I wonder what the chances are of a big company like Unilever encountering my product and wanting to buy me out. I currently don't go to trade shows or do anything like that - I keep it pretty low-key when it comes to networking. I'm happy to keep building the brand. But I wonder at what point a brand like mine could get noticed.

    submitted by /u/forgonsj
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t know if this is the correct sub for this but

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    Do any of y'all own or have ever thought of opening a franchise? I'm looking into getting involved with owning a Chick-Fil-A restaurant in my location. I'm about an hour south of Oklahoma City and we have 2 in my town. One in the mall and one about 3 miles from the mall, both on the further east side.

    If I were to do it, I would place the location on the west side of my town as to be more of a convenient location for the people who live on the west side. My population is about 250,000 people. If any of you know CFA, it's that everybody goes there and it's a chain that will always have business (besides on Sunday's) There's a beautiful building for lease in a nice shopping plaza and I'm seriously considering it.

    Have any of y'all thought of doing it or do you have experience with a franchise? Or is it an utter waste of time and money. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/camacho_nacho
    [link] [comments]

    Work Based Anxiety

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 09:11 AM PDT

    How do you guys cope from work based anxiety?

    Sunday's have recently became horrible for me. Before I would just work 24/7 but been making an effort to go out more, be active, spend time with family.

    I had a few side projects but I put them on hold. I work at an agency.

    This has resulted in me having horrible blues on a Sunday with the realisation that it all starts again on a Monday.

    submitted by /u/Craig0412
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a commercial demolition company

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    Apologies in advance for the long post. I'm planning on starting a small commercial demolition company with a former coworker and have some questions about the business side of things. I have several small jobs available to me when I start in a few months and more than enough industry experience to get the work done as well as a friend who will estimate the jobs for a % of the profit. I am studying a college accounting textbook. I'm planning on hiring an accountant but want to be able to speak the language. In the beginning my partner will be providing the truck and trailer to get tools on site as well as probably 70% of the tools. I will be doing a good bit of the labor until we can build up enough cash to handle a month or two of payroll and hire employees. The jobs we are starting on will be small, jobs we can get done well ahead of schedule with just the two of us moonlighting after our day jobs. I am interested in making the company an LLC and want the two of us to be 50/50 partners. What are some good resources I can go to to learn more about pulling this off fairly and successfully? I've done a good bit of googling but am feeling overwhelmed by the amount of information I'm going over. Also, does anyone out there have experience doing something similar?

    submitted by /u/Gentle_cunt_puncher
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best ecom COACHING program?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    I'm not looking for a course, but for a coaching program. One that includes some 1-on-1 time for feedback, an active community and an action plan to follow.

    submitted by /u/MrWido
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an order and inventory management system

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    Hi,

    We are looking for a simple system that can manage our client orders and inventory (warehouses, storages etc...). It is very important that it will have an API so we can integrate it into a bigger system. Are any of you working with a commandeered product for that?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Randomizer91
    [link] [comments]

    I think my speech is holding me back.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 02:04 PM PDT

    I've been in business for about a year now, and had some mild success (enough to pay the bills, so i'm happy). One thing I believe is holding me back is my speech. I'm a native English speaker, but can feel myself talking through my nose sometimes, and being lazy with my pronunciation. Is there some kind of speech coach I can hire that can help pronounce my words clearer? Or is my best best just practicing tongue twisters?

    submitted by /u/MLutin
    [link] [comments]

    How Do I Get $4k Quality Web Design on a Budget ?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    not looking to cheat anyone, i want to pay someone what they deserve but at the moment i'm looking for quality web design work for business owners on a budget

    any advice on finding that

    submitted by /u/badbaddoc
    [link] [comments]

    Industry Standard E-sports Games

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:52 PM PDT

    There are no games specific to E-sports.
    -CS:GO was made for gaming
    -DOTA 2 was made for gaming

    No games have been made for competition in E-sports SPECIFICALLY.

    Image "THE E-sports shooter"

    "THE E-sports Real-Time Strategy"

    Secondary concept: E-sports GYMs

    "Precision trainer"

    "Map awareness trainer"

    "Actions per second trainer"

    submitted by /u/Enreganzar
    [link] [comments]

    Getting expertise at Smartphone repair.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    I have this interest in mobile phones and computers since I was a kid, so I decided to get into learning all about the hardware and software of these devices and how to repair them from a course.

    In my country, there is some demand of the repairing of some common defects of some phones. If something doesn't work, people usually go to the service center, and if it is out of warrenty, they seek out some repairing engineers here.

    I thought of starting to provide this as a service, the best one possible for people to find, but I may be moving out to some other country.

    Can you guys tell me about the demand of getting the phones repaired in your country? What do people do if their phones are broken in some way? How can I grow this?

    I'd appreciate any advice!

    submitted by /u/FaizXenoverse
    [link] [comments]

    How to find leads and pitch for Social Media Management services?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:38 PM PDT

    Hi, I am mainly Web Designer and SEO Optimizer, but I start to see great potential in social media management in our country.

    I got my first Social Media Management client when I pitched him for a website and this is my standard pitching procedure (SMM is like an upsell of Website), but I am wondering if any of you pitch someone for ONLY Social Media Management.

    If yes, how do you find leads for this type of service, do you pitch big local instagram accounts or are there other ways that work best for you?

    Thinking about it, looks like my problem is not in selling Social Media Management services but rather finding clients that only need this type of service.

    I hope you can help me with this problem and give me some ideas.

    Best regards!

    submitted by /u/Yerebeets
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for people/business to try my Instagram growth service

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 01:36 PM PDT

    Hello!

    As the title says I have a service that I'm devloping and to keep going with the service definition itself I need someone to try it and give me feedback. Without going any further my service is an Instagram growth service, so if you are not interested I'm sorry... you lost a few precious secons reading....

    Without going into much detail, I have an Instagram automation service, what I do is create an automation plan for the account based on different key factos that many people miss when automating their account. If you know how automation works, what is good and what's not for the account obiously you can go pay for any other tool and do it by yourself.

    But if you are someone that doesn't know how automation works and you dont want to mess your Instagram page this is the service you probably are looking for.

    What I'm offering is create a complete automation plan under my own platform, the client will have full control of the account and the automation configuration. Also aside of the automation platform I have my own statics generator that will generate weekly reports with the results and also being able to create future growth projections.

    I'm looking for someone that needs help with his/her Instagram page and that is not affraid of automation.

    I've done Instagram automation several times for my own purposes and I've already helped some users over r/Entrepreneur with some tips about automation.

    So, let me know if anyone is interested ;)

    Regards,

    Xavi.

    submitted by /u/CerAcedes
    [link] [comments]

    Adding tags to no-name clothing.

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 12:51 PM PDT

    I'm currently looking for clothing suppliers but I can't seem to find anyone who ticks all my boxes. I've found people who do tagging and people who do clothes, but I don't want to do all that separately if I don't have to. I don't want to just print my designs on shirts, I want to actually build a distinguishable brand, and tags are an integral part of doing that. Anyone know of a site that has got clothes and also does custom tagging?

    submitted by /u/real_shadowave
    [link] [comments]

    What is your morning routine for those whom are successful?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 12:20 PM PDT

    What are your morning routines for those whom are successful?

    Why do you do that morning routine?

    What does that morning routine help you with or what do you achieve from it?

    submitted by /u/Mafea
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here in the cosmetics industry? Where should I be starting first?

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 03:16 AM PDT

    I have a cosmetics brand and product that I have finalised and would like to get to production.

    It involves lipsticks but I want a custom designed casing to hold the actual stick, that will also involve magnets.

    I'm really not sure regular cosmetics manufacturers can fulfil this request, what do you guys think?

    Maybe I need to get the lipstick manufactured the standard way and have the casing manufactured at a non cosmetics related manufacturer?

    Help greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Unrelated_to_this
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a business partner in ecom

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm Will I'm a conversion optimization consultant working out of Austin Texas. I have years of E-commerce experience when it comes to digital merchandising, conversion optimization, and overall e-commerce. I feel like being part of a ecom business and having a partner and would love to contribute my help. I just thought I reach out and see if there's anyone about to start something ecom related that would like to have someone in ecom as a partner. If you have questions feel free to ask.

    submitted by /u/will3675
    [link] [comments]

    Commercial Kitchen vs. Food Packaging Service for Startup

    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I was hoping for some guidance as I'm a bit overwhelmed with the direction that I should be going for my food startup.

    All in all, I'm creating a product that is basically a freeze-dried foods mix that will then be sold as a snack. I know my recopies and have perfected them - thing is, I can't just bulk order this stuff and just package it myself in my house because of food safety regulations (dried things have a long shelf life so no issues there). I effectively have two options:

    • Go to a commercial kitchen that has a health license and compile the product myself (this is costly) OR
    • Ask a food packer to do this (not as costly but I haven't sold anything so as a startup, not sure who would do this for me)

    I feel like there must be a cheaper/more efficient way to do this and any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated!!

    Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/nicefella92
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment