• Breaking News

    Friday, December 28, 2018

    Accounting MFW

    Accounting MFW


    MFW

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 04:23 PM PST

    I think I finally understand how all you public accountants feel during busy season

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 01:45 PM PST

    I'm gearing up for month end and year end, and things are starting to get a little overwhelming. Yesterday I was in the office until 6 and I had to eat a late dinner. And now it's Friday and I won't get out of here until after 4 :/

    submitted by /u/bobbystrack
    [link] [comments]

    MRW I'm trying to think of ways to help my CPA wife get through the coming tax season

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 10:17 AM PST

    Every. Single. Month.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 07:56 AM PST

    I just drove my fiancée to her inventory count in the middle of no where AMA

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 04:55 AM PST

    I'm not an accountant but I feel the pain of inventory counts in the middle of no where.

    submitted by /u/sawdog0515
    [link] [comments]

    MRW I just realised my tired ass set my out of office email to "Cya later gators" for about a month

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 04:52 PM PST

    I work so hard to make this a reality some day!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 09:56 PM PST

    I'm only a bookkeeper and vaguely remember doing this last year..

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 06:04 AM PST

    7,500$ Electric Vehicle tax credit?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 09:16 PM PST

    A local Nissan dealership has a Leaf that was a loaner / demo car. It's a 2014 with 9,600 miles on it. The car still has it's Manufacturer statement of Origin, and was never titled. I will be the first owner. Is this car eligible for the Federal Tax credit?

    To add complications apparently there are stipulations stating a car can't be titled as new if it has over 6k in the state of Ohio...

    submitted by /u/Alshad
    [link] [comments]

    What types of jobs combine tech and/or risk with accounting? [CAN]

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 07:07 PM PST

    I'm in this sort of position where I'm not smart enough to be an engineer/developer/builder and on the other spectrum, don't have enough patience for the nitty gritty details of month-end reporting.

    I'm studying to pursue a bachelors in business administration and mathematics, so I really am in a position where I'm not 100% sold on selling my soul into the accounting world because there's a big part of me that has an interest in working in tech companies.

    What types of job opportunities (if there are any) that could combine my skills in business and mathematics that could appeal in an environment that isn't solely accounting or solely engineering/dev work? Anyone have experience in Canada and types of jobs/salaries?

    submitted by /u/spinmaster5000
    [link] [comments]

    How have you handled on the job blunders?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 02:05 PM PST

    In a rush for the holidays I emailed out someone else's report to another client, forgot to tell me boss I was going to work from home on monday and he "found" out I didn't show up, and on another client report the macros didn't work properly and I sent him last previous numbers on this months report. Now my boss wants to see me first thing Wednesday morning. So yeahhhh fuck...

    How have y'all fucked up in the past, how did you handle it, and what happened afterwards?

    submitted by /u/SocoCocoPuffs
    [link] [comments]

    AACSB accredidation in accounting importance?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 06:52 PM PST

    I'm a high school senior that recently applied to colleges mostly under accounting majors. One of the colleges that I applied to (CSULB) is accreditated in business but not accounting. It is essential that the accounting program needs to be accredited for big 4 recruitment right out of graduation? In other words will I have a harder time finding employment out of graduation in accounting if I went here? Perhaps there are some CSULB alumns that can give their experience or really I guess just people that graduated from schools without the accredidation. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/lord011
    [link] [comments]

    Tax Career Path: Public to Private... now considering back to Public

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 10:10 PM PST

    Background: I completed my MSA and worked for a top 10 accounting firm for just under 2 years. I earned scores ranging from average to above average in my performance reviews. This was my first accounting job, and although I struggled with the "technical" skills, Managers enjoyed working with me because I had good communication skills, and made serious efforts to improve. I quit Public because the office was toxic. Subsequently landed a job in private equity which was great in the beginning. Nice pay, no OT. However, i'm entering my 3rd year, and just find myself bored. I get good reviews every year, but there's no growth opportunities, and I will be a senior tax accountant for the foreseeable future if I take no action. I passed my CPA exams this past December, and should be receiving my license number in the next couple weeks. If my end goal is to start my own tax practice (specializing in pass throughs and individual tax), Does going back to public for a top 10 accounting firm help me reach that goal? My thinking is that entering back into Public for a couple years will sharpen my technical skills. Option 2 would be to just start a tax business while working my easy job in private. I would greatly appreciate any insight or suggestions that would help me make the best decision. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Wintroml
    [link] [comments]

    SALY

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 12:51 PM PST

    New Hire here at XYZ audit firm. I get told day in and day out not to eat hours because it screws with the budget and the next person assigned to perform that particular tasks. I feel that SALY is a form of eating hours, I have come across situations where instead of performing audit work, I am plugging in information in PY w/p to make them CY. I don't know what to do, I feel pressured to complete wp and I feel that if I just plug and chug I can get the work done faster then actually running through the required motions to complete the wp. For the most part, I feel that I am documenting more than I am completing audit work. Me personally, I need time to read the w/p and understand what I am doing but sometimes it just feels like I am dropping in numbers.

    What should I do in situations like this? How do have a discussion about work expectations? I don't want to let my team down by turning in something late, but I don't like turning in things without performing the proper due diligence and then checking over my work.

    submitted by /u/Throwawayacctbyme
    [link] [comments]

    Might be a dumb question, but how do recent college graduates get jobs out of state?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 09:18 PM PST

    I live in a mid-tier city, and I want to get out after I graduate. Most of my friends that graduated have jobs here, but a few of them went to big cities - NYC, Chicago, SF area, etc. This might be a stupid question, but what's the best way to find a job in a different area? I have offers from firms in my city after I graduate, but no idea how to get them elsewhere.

    I'm looking for audit or AAS specifically, if that matters.

    submitted by /u/throwaway125135
    [link] [comments]

    Data Science Course in Bangalore

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 09:16 PM PST

    CPA Study - Struggling - Don't know how to Study Effectively

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 01:43 PM PST

    I have taken a couple of sections of the CPA Exam with no success and really just felt really bad going into both exams. I am to the point that I do not believe I am studying effectively for whatever type of learner I am and really don't know to progress at this point. I am also starting to wonder if I have the mental capacity to do this anymore at my age. Note: I am an older CPA candidate who has been out of school 15+ years (but graduated near the top of my class), has a 50+ hour per week job and a family (w/ young kids) to take care of (and I know many of you do and/or did as well). I also never had to study very hard in school (including college) and had no problems making A's throughout.

    Can you please share what has worked for you -- especially those of you who struggled at first and then eventually (finally) discovered what worked for you with these exams? I'm feeling pretty lost and just don't know where to begin to get into getting ready for a retake. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/12thmanAg
    [link] [comments]

    Should i take a class on QB and Excel since my accounting program doesn't teach them?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 09:10 PM PST

    There's not a single course on QB and Excel in my degree program. Im considering taking class/certificate in those softwares. Mind you, this is coming from someone with no accounting experience. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/steve8524
    [link] [comments]

    Does the CPA experience requirement accrue before or after passing CPA exams?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 05:06 PM PST

    I am in NJ and started a public accounting job before getting my CPA exam done, I have the 150 credits I am just wondering if the 1 year experience requirement for getting the license starts accruing as soon as you start a public accounting job or once you pass the CPA exam and then start working?

    submitted by /u/Redemptionblue
    [link] [comments]

    Post your Cubicles!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 08:51 PM PST

    I was wondering if we can have a thread where you guys can show off your cubes !!

    submitted by /u/articulateassociate
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of something about aca

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 02:52 PM PST

    is it possible to do all the aca exams in 1 year and then get the work experience? like possible?

    submitted by /u/NotebookAnswer
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the job market like in London Uk?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 02:02 PM PST

    What's the current demand for accountants (for both public practice and industry) in London?

    Im a Canadian CPA with three years of industry experience in corporate and cost accounting in real estate (property markets) and planning on relocating to London sometime in 2019. Just wondering what the job prospects are and expected salary range for a complete foreign job market.

    Any insight/tips is really appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Tokenraven
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment