• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 25, 2022

    Showing a house with a room closed off Real Estate

    Showing a house with a room closed off Real Estate


    Showing a house with a room closed off

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 05:06 AM PST

    I am looking to list my house this year. 1950's construction in a desirable NJ shore town.

    House needs major renovations, and I'm looking to unload it and downsize. It was inherited and it's too large for two people.

    Anyway, I have a very unique situation. I have a very extensive collection of antique firearms in a locked "home office". It's not practical to "hide" the contents, and I would rather not advertise what is stored in that room for obvious reasons. Can I leave a room closed off/locked and only show contingent on offer? Any suggestions? I can't leave this in a storage unit and have no alternate location to store the items at this time… roughly 100+ firearms.

    submitted by /u/ForwardObserver1
    [link] [comments]

    Do you ever see a listing and think wtf was the realtor thinking?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 04:06 PM PST

    Currently theres a listing that is like 100k above any comp (it's a bit bigger), out of date, UGLY pictures, no landscaping, no staging, straight up ugly lazy boy furniture scattered around the living room. What was she thinking listing this home at such a high price, typically these ugly houses get listed below market rate to get competition.

    How do these realtors get jobs? I wanna message these people and let them know they are making a mistake

    Edit: this is a near $1 million dollar home in a spot where homes dont go much past mid 800s

    submitted by /u/homely_advice
    [link] [comments]

    Are my expectations of my realtor legitimate?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 06:17 AM PST

    We are going to be kicking our home search into drive in the next month. We are in the process of getting our own home ready to sell. We have decided to go with the realtor we used to buy our current home on the buy and sell.

    I have some reservations, and I want to know if I'm being realistic, or wanting too much:

    • When we bought our home in late 2018, I'm the one who found it. I sent it over to our realtor, and I really did most of the searching. Should I expect anything more than them working this way, and sending me listing on FMLS?
    • Another agent, who I haven't signed with, texts me homes, lays out whats nice about them, tells us it's a good school district, good yard, needs updates, etc. Talks about wiggle room based on what he sees.

    What should I expect from a realtor?

    submitted by /u/UXResearch2019
    [link] [comments]

    Work with solo buyer's agent or team?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 06:56 AM PST

    I've heard some perspective from both sides, so I'm curious to hear this sub's thoughts.

    Wading through the various listings around me, a huge portion of both the purchases and listings seem to be teams, which makes me think that their volume has to be way too high to really offer that much individual attention (not to mention that they probably have multiple prospective buyers under their guidance competing for the same houses). On the flip side, a team will probably have more collective insight and connections?

    I get the sense that teams most useful for selling properties quickly in hot markets, where houses essentially sell themselves without much work involved. Of course, that doesn't help me much on the buying side.

    submitted by /u/mobster_sauce
    [link] [comments]

    Spring have sales going less over list price?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 08:57 AM PST

    I'm in SoCal and listings are few and regularly go almost $100k over list price (or more, in the $800k - $900k listings). My thoughts (hopes/prayers) is that when (if?) more houses are on the market in the spring, they won't go so far over list. Is that logical? (I'm starting to think logic has no place in the current market.)

    I do have an agent. She is knowledgeable about the areas and only sends me listings she thinks fit my needs. BUT her estimate of what things will sell for is off/low. (I have interviewed many agents and don't feel like switching.) This will be my third time buying. I have learned a lot through experience, but not enough!

    submitted by /u/readingwildly
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for a reputable home inspector?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 08:48 AM PST

    Located in Northern New Jersey. As the title states, anyone have a reputable home inspector they would recommend? I'm a first-time homebuyer, looking at homes in the Caldwells, Nutley, Hanover areas.

    Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/TheMootzimus
    [link] [comments]

    Any reviews on the Keller Williams scholarships? I’m trying to get my real estate license and they’re offering to pay.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 08:00 AM PST

    Opendoor low-ball offer?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 07:47 AM PST

    Read some great posts on here about the experience some folks had. Went through the process of getting a final offer. Initial estimate was 725k and the final offer they provided was 658k. Every realtor we've reached out to has is listing at 750k with us probably getting 800+ once sold. North VA for reference.

    Did they just give a low-ball offer because they didn't want to buy my property? Or do they think folks are too lazy/dumb to give up over 100k?

    It's a 2020 new build with basically 0 other townhomes in the market. Just seems odd to me that they didn't even try to make a fair offer.

    submitted by /u/PhilosopherCritical8
    [link] [comments]

    How much do you pay for utilities? NYC

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 07:16 AM PST

    Found an apartment. No utilities included. How much is electric, gas cooking, hot water and water in Brooklyn? I work from home and have pets that need about 75 degree temperature in room. It is 1 bedroom.

    submitted by /u/chlo_ea
    [link] [comments]

    Mortgage & Address on Driver's License

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 06:53 AM PST

    Hi there. So I want to buy a house this year and starting to talk to different brokers and agents. One thing that I will clarify with the lenders but also want to get a feedback on here is this. In September of last year my wife and I moved in with my in-laws due to my work going WFH indefinitely and us wanting to get out of NYC due to omicron. We had and still have a lease that we thought we could break but it turned out it'd be very costly. Add the fact that my job came out of the WFH mode in November (only temporarily until we were told to continue to WFH due to omicron) also made us move back to our apartment. One stupid thing I did I changed my driver's license to show my in-laws address because I thought we'd be staying there well in 2022. Technically we are back in our apartment again but my DL shows my in-laws address. Will I have issues with the lenders because of this?

    submitted by /u/life_decisions_21
    [link] [comments]

    Wife and I with no kids or heirs. Couple of years away from retirement. Should we be looking at a reverse mortgage?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 03:42 PM PST

    Our house has appreciated greatly and is now worth about $2.4 (in coastal CA, believe me, it's nothing extravagant). We have about $500K left on our mortgage.

    While we have investments, we have this asset that I feel like we should tap since we're going to stay here until we pass away with no heirs.

    Should we think about a reverse mortgage? We've got enough in retirement to get through 20 years easily, after that, we'll probably be ok but it'd be a lot easier with another $2M+ at our disposal.

    What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/Mdizzle29
    [link] [comments]

    Keller Williams rant

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 05:13 AM PST

    I started in August as an ISA at my local Keller Williams office for the top team. I love the people, but I'm tired of taking shit and being expected to make gold out of it.

    I'm expected to cold call terrible leads and book appointments while my boss says that he takes a loss on me every week. It's frustrating working for more than 15hrs per week yet only getting paid for 15. I'm getting my license shortly and may just take a break from RE until I do.

    When I do get my license I intend to go to a different brokerage. I just needed a good rant.

    submitted by /u/EasternSatisfaction4
    [link] [comments]

    Next move in my real estate journey. Need input.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 08:55 AM PST

    Just payed off my mortgage thats 89k. Located in Desert Hot Springs California it's right across Palm Springs. 4 rooms 2 bath, now that it has been payed off should I rent the place out and find another home or rehab it and sell it.

    submitted by /u/Madmax1609
    [link] [comments]

    Vastly different mortgage rates

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 06:29 PM PST

    I'm starting my home-buying process and talking to a few lenders. A few mortgage brokers and some credit unions. The rates I've been told today are pretty much similar across the board (3.5-3.75) with the exception of one of the credit unions (3.125). Now I'm trying to figure out where's the catch. I compared the fees, and this credit union's servicing fees are $2400, whereas all others were in the $1400-1700 range. I'm looking to purchase in the 600k price range, so almost half a percent makes a big difference in monthly payments (at least $100). Is this rate I'm getting from one of the credit unions too good to be true or am I overlooking something?

    submitted by /u/Casanova_de_Seingalt
    [link] [comments]

    Potential New Home Owner Help (Monetary Question):

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 06:44 AM PST

    Months ago, Meet Kevin (youtuber) created a video about real estate. Mainly, it had to deal with buying a house in a bill that MAY have been in the infrastructure bill (I can't remember if it was supposed to be in the infrastructure or not; please correct if you remember).

    Anyway, in the bill, Biden was going to help out new home owners with $15k that you wouldn't have to pay back if you are a 1st time home owner. There was another part stating you can get an additional $25k if your parents have never owned a home either.

    I have not heard anything about it since and would like to find information on how to apply IF people are even eligible for this atm. Does anybody have any information on this?

    Thank you in advance for taking the time to help!

    submitted by /u/Far_Two_564
    [link] [comments]

    28% of Gross Income - Outdated Rule?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 05:26 PM PST

    I know the rule of thumb is buyers can be qualified for up to 28% of gross income. Is that true in all states/regions? Or can it be higher?

    California, especially coastal CA and the Bay Area, have such high cost of living that I'd imagine buyers spend more of their income per month on housing than other places.

    submitted by /u/alh2015
    [link] [comments]

    We're about to be homeless

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 07:22 AM PST

    We have two homes under contract. One for sale and one for purchase. We were notified yesterday that our home wouldn't be ready and that the date would have to be moved to the end of Feb. due to covid and supply delays.

    After we informed our realtor he said he never wrote a contingency plan for us even though we expressed many times needing one just in case something like this were to happen.

    He said the buyer isn't willing to work with us because his rate would expire and he could end up paying $71 more a month.

    I'm lost as to what we can do here. My biggest fear was becoming homeless in this process and it's going to become a reality for us come next Monday.

    I'm waiting to hear back from my attorney.

    Do you have experience with this? How did it turn out for you?

    Update:

    I would never put our buyer in a compromising position by refusing to leave or damaging my beautiful home (about to be his beautiful home). That's not who we are. That is the reason why we've made multiple changes to help him out.

    Thank you for all of the suggestions and for sharing your personal experiences. It was definitely a shock to know all of this is happening and that we have absolutely no control over any of this. Your comments definitely made me at ease. I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones to go through this and it worked out perfectly fine. We're working with our realtor to find a short-term rental in the meantime.

    submitted by /u/AubreyJenson
    [link] [comments]

    Pre-Approval Before starting job

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 05:41 PM PST

    I am graduating college in May and was wondering if anybody has ever had experience with getting approved for a loan with an offer letter from a company. Ive been employed for the past few years at internships a many different places. However my full time job doesn't start until August and was wondering if its possible to buy a home before then and get pre approved based on that future income.

    submitted by /u/lizardrumps
    [link] [comments]

    Graduating, Relocating, First Time Buyers

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 07:46 PM PST

    Hi r/RealEstate

    My husband and I are starting the home buying process (or at least we hope to be) but we have what seems to be a unique situation. Alternatively, I may not be good at communicating it with potential lenders.

    We are both in graduate school finishing up our PhDs. I will defend my dissertation in March, graduate in May. He will most likely defend early July, graduate in August. We are paid a stipend at our university and we both work part time, remotely, for another company. Our combined income for last year was around $110,000.

    We will be continuing on with the company we work for. I already have my offer letter with a starting salary of ~$80k with a different division. However, it's contingent on the completion of my PhD. My new position is in-person so we need to be there by end of May. He will be promoted within the same division he's with now with a salary ~$110k. His boss also mentioned something about providing "a letter" (no more specific than that) specifically for the home buying process and has done so before for other employees/new hires.

    There are a lot of moving pieces here and I have only started to shop around for lenders to get pre-qualified. I spoke to a local credit union (where the company is) and they seemed hesitant/skeptical about what we'd get pre-qualified for.

    Basically, my question is whether it's reasonable for us to pursue buying a house now or not? We have ~$60k saved up for a down payment/closing costs/etc and were looking in the $500k-$600k range. We're feeling a tad discouraged and are wondering how other people in similar situations swing it (or do they just not buy houses).

    TIA

    submitted by /u/dogsandnumbers
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for the MA market (South of Boston)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 01:29 AM PST

    My wife and I are looking to move from Cape Cod to the South Shore to shorten her commute. We're looking for a 3 bed / 2 bath, preferably with at least 0.25 acres. So far, we've put in three offers and lost out on all three houses.

    1. Offered $10k over asking with an escalation clause to $20k over asking (with a home sale contingency, appraisal contingency, and inspection contingency). The successful offer offered less $ but with no contingencies

    2. Offered asking price with same contingencies as above. Successful buyer came in with a cash offer ~$30k over asking.

    3. Offered $25k over asking (with a home sale contingency and info only inspection) and was told we were the fifth highest offer and could counter if we would drop the home sale contingency.

    We need to sell our house (3 bed / 2 bath in a neighborhood of similar homes on Cape Cod) in order to have the cash for a down payment. Three similar homes in the neighborhood sold recently in less than a week. Putting down earnest money ~$25k without a home sale contingency seems like a lot to put at risk.

    I'm feeling stuck like we don't have a lot of options and can't really make better offers without putting a lot of money at risk or really overpaying for something. Any tricks for making offers more competitive?

    submitted by /u/badinplaid19
    [link] [comments]

    foreign mortgage loan

    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 12:54 AM PST

    I am a citizen of another country. I want to come to the USA and do real estate business. I have money for down payment. Will the bank give me a mortgage for the rest? and more than once?

    submitted by /u/DARKMHR21
    [link] [comments]

    A home without a CO?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2022 09:00 PM PST

    My grandparents home is about 30 years old, they both passed years ago.

    We've recently been thinking about an addition on the house and realized that the information online is incorrect. We looked for the CO in my grandparents old paperwork and nothing could be found.

    Now we're worried it doesn't exist and asking the town would cause problems for us unrelated to the addition.

    Any advice? Is it best to not even ask for the CO and scrap the idea of an addition?

    submitted by /u/rikay23
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment