• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 5, 2022

    The best sales person I've ever known Sales and Selling

    The best sales person I've ever known Sales and Selling


    The best sales person I've ever known

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 08:49 PM PST

    I started my sales career 4 years ago at cell service provider. In my training class, there was a girl name Nya. Nya was the best sales person in the call center. I mean she DOMINATED. She maxed out every single month, and she did it with ease. It got to the point where our manager would give her sales to other people on our team that wasn't selling (because our commission was capped, so her massive amount of sales would just go to waste after a certain point every month). She was amazing. Quite arrogant, but her skill was undeniable.

    I came across her in a store the other day. She was working 3rd shift retail. I was absolutely shocked. She asked me what I'm doing now adays. I told her I'm a BDR. When I told her my salary, her mouth dropped. I told her she should get into tech sales because the money is insane, and with her skill, she'll bring in 6 figures easily. I told her I wasn't half the sales person you are and I'm where I am, so if you came into the industry you'd dominate. She said she misses it and would like me to help her. I gave her my number and told her I would teach her all about it and put her on. I texted her, she didn't text back. Haven't heard anything from her since. Moral of the story: skill is nothing without ambition and motivation.

    submitted by /u/AnnTheStoryTeller
    [link] [comments]

    "I hope you don't have unrealistic expectations about your earning potential"

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 12:22 AM PST

    This is what our sale leader said to me after he had introduced a cap on our commissions to 64 800€/ year. I have some big fish clients thanks to cold calling but thanks to the cap there is no point pursuing big deals anymore.

    What do you make of this, I cannot find the logic in capping the commissions, is there any?

    submitted by /u/Unlikely_Biscotti_62
    [link] [comments]

    Bad company Bad rep?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 09:58 PM PST

    Welp here I go again, always been a near top performer in what I do.. started in 2018 at a window company and always had the most amount of leads that led to hundreds of thousands in closes.. that company had a rep of being super overpriced although quality windows.

    I saw how much the company was making off my leads while me only making a little less than a thousand on a good week so I tried to go into alarms. Closed 5 deals in one month which was about 10,000 in commissions and set leads for the ones the alarm dealer owner closed and got a cut. Although i found out through my customers after wanting referrals that install process was terrible and alot of lies went around that was oblivious too. Some of my commissions were even withheld..

    Got tired of making good relations with customers only to feel that i betrayed them from the company's end not holding their end of the deal.

    Took a 2 year break from sales now I'm starting over setting leads again for a solar company but i have a bad feeling because i loss two leads this week after potential clients did their research and said that they weren't interested after reading reviews.. it's really hard to sell like this and i always did best when i believed that what i was selling was the best around. But now I'm at the point where i just need the money so I'm at a moral dilemma even though I'm not entirely sure if the company is actually 'bad' yet since they are so popular.

    I used to love the learning process of objection handling, mindset, motivation, book reading, hard work.. the jobs went well with me working out everyday and self improving.. i truly missed what i did and now that I'm back it feels like I'm going to be running into the same problems. I don't want to disappoint people by them being dissatisfied with what i sold them as it looks bad on me. I still feel bad recommending products to family after them hearing about my success selling alarms then witnessing the bad customer service while visiting them.

    Should i just become a sociopath and not care 😬

    submitted by /u/cFeorr
    [link] [comments]

    Could this be lucrative?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 10:05 PM PST

    I've been working as a Mid-Market SDR for a year now. I have nothing but gratitude for my employer but also have a commitment to my skills to find the best match possible. I began interviewing casually a month back and came across quite a few interesting opportunities.

    An insurance tech startup offered me the position of SMB AE with a base of 75k and an OTE of 140k. The people embody excellence and the product looks promising. But, it leans more on traditional insurance than on SaaS. On this sub, there's an unerring preference for SaaS and I agree with the consensus. SaaS looks like the future.

    However, this offer looked pretty good to me. It'd help increase my income by about 45% which is a big deal to me.

    Would it be worth a try?

    submitted by /u/invest10ice
    [link] [comments]

    Just got an offer from a well established company trying something new and I’m leaning towards it but a little unsure

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 06:56 PM PST

    The company I just got an offer from is for 310 with a 50/50 split for a new product they're launching. It's similar to what I'm selling currently (current OTE is 280 with a 33-67 split base/com) but at my current company I'm top dog and I know I can hit my numbers. I could be getting in on the ground floor of something HUGE (think slack/google/twilio) and there's a lot of potential upward mobility and potential to grow my career. There's really not a lot of upward mobility at my current company but it's stable, I know the field and am well respected. The risk is definitely outweighed by the potential long term reward but it's just a little scary. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/DCstroller
    [link] [comments]

    When it is a good time to jump to the next AE position?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 06:45 PM PST

    I am in Saas B2B selling POS systems and software associated with it working as an SMB AE. Before this job I've sold solar, pest control, credit repair, and cars for a total of about 3 years.

    This job has been going pretty well so far, 20 active accounts in the first 4 months. Quota is 3-4 accounts a month and I have a pretty full pipeline with going forward. I already met quota this month with my 2 deals so far. The money isn't bad, it could be better, but the company starts with a RAMP bonus plan and after the 4 months it goes to commission only plus small residuals on processing so far it's about $150 a month on the residuals and I am sourcing all my own deals.

    I love selling, but I'm feeling anxious about not having any base salary to budget from with the RAMP bonus my pay was a 30/70 split. I want to leverage this job into another AE job working my way up in the industry.

    What could I pivot this into?

    submitted by /u/matto2525
    [link] [comments]

    Cold Calling Vs. Cold Emailing

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 12:13 AM PST

    In what area do you personally find more success in?

    submitted by /u/complexbillions
    [link] [comments]

    Should I switch into sales after getting a technical master's degree?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 11:08 PM PST

    I've always wanted to be in the tech industry and currently work as an analyst. But I'm genuinely thinking of switching to tech sales cause i don't enjoy the hardcore tech stuff. What do y'all think

    submitted by /u/AvpTheMuse123
    [link] [comments]

    Canada, BC. No sales experience. What would you recommend as a career roadmap?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 10:55 PM PST

    I'd prefer tech sales, as that's my passion, but I'll go where the money is.

    submitted by /u/Milk_Man21
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone sell for 6sense, Zoominfo, Rev, or other AI Martech companies?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 06:39 PM PST

    Been thinking about trying to sell in this industry and was curious how the products were selling out there.

    Reps hitting quota? What company size segment is doing the best? Looking good for the future? Objections or setbacks from prospects?

    A previous post sparked a discussion on what the hot industries are right now and it seems like Marctech could take off in the next 2 to 4 years especially with face to face prospecting disappearing more and more.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Extra-Interaction-18
    [link] [comments]

    Is there really no sales specific equivalent to Toastmasters?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 10:10 PM PST

    Years ago, I had this idea that I'd really love for there to be a group where you can just practice sales skills. What I mean is focusing on, for example, the general script of a sales call or building rapport interactively with another person in the way you would during an introduction call. Many companies have something like this but I wish there was just an independent group that existed out there like Toastmasters. I had a sales interview the other day and they did a practice call with feedback (did you ask open questions? Etc) and it hit me again how easy it would be for someone to just set-up this type of practice without it being part of a specific company.

    I know some people will say Toastmasters is the group but a 2, 5 minute talk on something isn't an exact equivalent of sales skills. Improv would be more similar but feels too generic compared to if there was something just for sales.

    Does such an organization exist and I've just missed it? I'm hitting a point in my career in an industry where I'll probably be doing sales in 3-12 months and it just feels so good when I get to practice a bit and burn some of my anxieties about starting up.

    submitted by /u/Name2522
    [link] [comments]

    Best next step in sales?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 10:05 PM PST

    I've had a lot of different "sales" types of roles over the years and I'm not sure where to go from here. I started out during my second year of community college doing Retail sales for a Verizon retailer, exceeded expectations for what the sexist jerks I worked with thought a little 20 year girl old who lived at home could do. I ended up selling to a lot of business accounts despite no real B2B team/role, the connections just came through referrals..a lot of my parents friends or friends parents own businesses or I'd get customers who would tell me their bosses used Verizon for the company lines. After a couple years and a major surgery that prevented me from working FT hours, I left and ended up a few months later getting a leasing consultant role at a luxury apartment building, stayed in that industry for about 3 years and ended up working for a mortgage company, which I got laid off from recently due to rates increasing & decrease in volume (leads were all warm, we didn't self generate). I made about 80k in 2021 so I'm definitely needing to be around that amount.

    I kind of was thinking about doing Customer Success/Onboarding, Recruiting, Account Management. I'm great with people, I know how to talk to your average joe and CEOs/execs/owners… I just want to get away from the whole "dialing a phone all day" life like in mortgages.

    I'm not getting traction on my resume. I look at some of the people in positions I'm applying for and I have more sales experience, but most of them have a 4 yr degree in some irrelevant subject. Is a 4 yr degree really necessary in this field? Any tips?

    submitted by /u/spaceecowgirl
    [link] [comments]

    SDR Applications: "Lack of Sales Experience" Objection

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 06:08 PM PST

    Howdy!

    Do any of y' all have advice to preemptively address a lack of sales experience, when applying for entry level SDR roles? I'm a former waitress and in my cover letter, I highlight my customer service skills instead. And in my resume, I write stuff like, "Upsold whiskey pairings by 30%", "created arrangements to increase seasonal items sold by 10%", etc. So even though I don't have sales experience, I'm trying to work with what I've got, so to speak.

    But when I get rejection letters for entry-level SDR roles (which shouldn't require having experience), feedback revolves around my lack of sales experience. I've been trying to get an SDR job since July 2021. Another redditor here was kind enough to rework my resume completely! And I'm learning how to directly message hiring managers on LinkedIn. Finding hiring managers' phone numbers, to call and introduce myself directly to, is easier said than done. But if anyone has advice on how to handle the "lack of sales experience" feedback, for entry-level Saas SDR applications, I'd be open to it, thank you!

    Cordially,
    Nat

    submitted by /u/Nat_Salam
    [link] [comments]

    Am I about to get fired?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 09:30 PM PST

    Today all the BDRs had a meeting to learn about the new technology we just got that integrates all of our other stuff stuff into one platform.

    I was the only BDR not invited to this meeting. And I was the only one who didn't get access to that new tech. At the end of the meeting there was a game with all the BDR names and I wasn't in the game.

    I am still not at full quota, but on track to hit or exceed the ramp quota this month.

    submitted by /u/TalkSaasToMe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment