• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 6, 2022

    Stocks - Does fundamental analysis matter?

    Stocks - Does fundamental analysis matter?


    Does fundamental analysis matter?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 12:49 AM PST

    Saw an interesting argument unfold in this sub recently on the topic of fundamental analysis. Some people seemed pretty convinced that it is near useless due to the fact that everyone has the same data, but not everyone is a millionaire. How valid are these claims? Is doing analysis really not that advantageous?

    submitted by /u/tozziwozzimozzi
    [link] [comments]

    Help required from UK based experienced traders

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 03:57 AM PST

    Hi there, I'm a relatively new investor who started trading stocks at the beginning of 2021. I currently have an ISA account with trading 212 and IG trading but I'm looking to take it more seriously and open a new ISA this coming April. I would appreciate any advice UK traders have to access the options market, pre and after hours trading. Thanks I'm advance

    submitted by /u/Beautiful_Reading174
    [link] [comments]

    How do you think the recently passed America competes bill will impact Intel?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 05:19 AM PST

    I recently bought several Intel leaps while they were on the cheaper side. I saw the company get beaten down, particularly while being compared to AMD which is a rising star. After seeing the America Competes bill which offers incentives for domestic chip production - as well as intels $20B plant- it seems like there are some very positive catalysts for Intel, and all domestic chip makers.

    To me this seems like just the boost intel might have needed to really soar. But what do you all think about the bill and about intel specifically?

    submitted by /u/Didntlikedefaultname
    [link] [comments]

    Am I missing something on SONY?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 10:26 PM PST

    Hey,

    I am invested in SONY so my opinion is kind of biased. Nevertheless I want to ask you if I did something wrong or if I am missing something.

    When I run my DCF-Analysis SONY must be growing with 3% when discounted with 8% to be valued at current levels.

    Is SONY grossly undervalued or am I missing something:

    The numbers I used are ($):

    FCF of 7,273B

    Average FCF Growth rate: 3%

    Discount ratE: 8%

    Perpetual Growth Rate: 3%

    Cash on hand: -8,04B

    If I run the Numbers with 5 Year Growth and then perpetual growth I end up with approximately the market price today.

    I think, with PS5 and many more things to come 3% is hugely underestimated. Putting in higher numbers cause an even greater undervaluation.

    I don't want to shitpost here. My honest question would be if I overlook something in the valuation.

    Thank you guys!

    submitted by /u/alexios_gav
    [link] [comments]

    Using regression analysis to forecast sales in a SAaS firm?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 10:55 PM PST

    I recently got hired at a small SAaS company as an FP&A analyst. The girl I'm backfilling was a genius who went to an IVY league school with a heavy comp sci/data analytics background. However, she made her way into Finance at my company and created this crazy model in R to essentially do regression analysis on our historical bookings and use it to project future order intake. She's pretty much using actuals and I think she has some slices on both products and segments/verticals. But I also think there is a component where she layers on pipeline data.

    I'm in the process of learning how her model works but I started trying to do some of my own analysis. Basically, I wanted to see if some of the bookings in our verticals which house our customers from different industries (healthcare, telecom, energy) could match up against different stock price indices (SPDR S&P 500, Russell 3000, healthcare, telco, tickers etc.) as an example, I compared our ACV closes the past 2 years in our healthcare segment to the XLV healthcare ETF performance for the same period of time and did the regression in Excel. My R2 was basically 0, which essentially means that there is no correlation between the 2. I would've figured if our healthcare customers are doing well and growing revenues, that would be reflected in increases in the XLV healthcare etf price.

    I did a separate regression on UPS and looked at their stock price and revenue for the last 15 years and the R2 came out to 0.9 which means there is a decent amount of correlation. So if growing revenue typically leads to higher company stock price, why were my results basically inconclusive?

    submitted by /u/Business86
    [link] [comments]

    Sitting on 122 Tesla Shares planning to sell CC’s

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 11:27 PM PST

    Like the title says I'm planning on selling calls on my shares to produce some extra money to buy deep in the money calls on other companies I have conviction in. Here are my options and perhaps you guys can give some ideas.

    Sell $1,650 calls expiring December 16, 2022 and the premium is $6,000 last I checked. -This gives me the chance to buy calls in severely sold companies that I like.

    I'm planning on selling some Tesla Shares before the year is over anyways to buy a property, and $1,650 is a more than perfect price. Anything below is fine because I keep the premium and possibly make money on the options bought with that premium.

    Risks: Stock Split. If the stock does in fact split then it will rally a ton and I'd have left money on the table because of the premium spike in the contracts.

    We go into a recession and the share price gets cut significantly which by then the premium won't even be a fraction of the loss on the underlying.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Local-Rip9621
    [link] [comments]

    Would buying small amounts of multiple stocks be worth doing?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 03:13 AM PST

    I'm already doing proper investing but was thinking of opening one of those free trading apps and instead of putting a lot into a few stocks instead max of £10 each.

    The idea is i either own stocks or gains...

    • Pick stocks that are lower than before or likely to rise.
    • Check monthly and sell if there's been any gain above 1%.
    • It's a fun way of trading that means you should be realising gains regularly.
    • Because each stock only cost £10 it's no big deal if they stay red for a long time.
    • It should work out ok as multiple stocks will eventually recover and make gains given enough time.
    • Invest any gains in more stocks and only add £10 each month.

    In theory it seems reasonable and should give a nice little return over time. I think it would also be quite fun to do as you'll either regularly realise gains or own a lot of stocks to look at. Plus you will learn about trading and how things work.

    Id like to hear what you think if it's worth doing or will most stocks just end up being red for years on end?

    submitted by /u/Magneto--
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking for a screener that has 3 months top gainers and ADR(Average Daily Range).

    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 01:33 AM PST

    So I have been following a trader named Qullamaggie who has great educational stuff about swing trading and his stock picking strategy includes finding the top gainers of the last 6 months and picking the ones with the most value of ADR(basically the more volatile stocks). His strategy has been very successful for himself. He has made millions of dollars while streaming himself live on youtube/twich etc. Now he uses TC2000 which has the instrument requires for this method to function but it is a paid screener and I dont have enough money to buy the TC2000 so I was wondering if you guys can suggest me a free screener that has these features. I tried looking for these on finviz and other screener but couldn't find it.

    Can you guys help?

    submitted by /u/Made_in_2004
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment