• Breaking News

    Friday, February 11, 2022

    Seeking USA-Based Panty Manufacturer small business

    Seeking USA-Based Panty Manufacturer small business


    Seeking USA-Based Panty Manufacturer

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 03:53 PM PST

    Hoping Redditors can come through... I've exhausted every route that I have been able to find. They may be all extinct.

    I own a company and one product is 2 styles of private-label panties. The company that has been sewing them for me is going out of business and isn't helpful in finding someone else. It was a general underwear company. They made the panties with my private label out of their own pattern and fabric, etc, but with little tweaks to make mine unique. So I really don't know anything about manufacturing. They did it all for me.

    So I'm clueless and it seems like any American panty manufacturers are out of business for private labels. Does anybody have any leads?

    Side note - I did find one company that does really small volumes and uses their manufacturing as a way to train women for new careers. I loved that, except their pricing is impossible for what I need. They're not set up for cost-effective volume.

    I'd consider Mexico and Puerto Rico (which is a USA label) if they could help me with all of the transportation logistics. That's a whole level of stuff I don't know about. My other company just shipped cartons by USPS.

    submitted by /u/ShowMeTheTrees
    [link] [comments]

    Would you prefer a service where you get a website for one time fee or a monthly subscription?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 03:44 AM PST

    As a small business owner, what would you prefer?

    1. A service where you order a website, you pay it once (probably under $1000), maintenance and hosting forever free, you update the content yourself and if you want some changes done in the future, you pay for it at an hourly rate
    2. A service where you pay a monthly fee, let's say $50, where you get a website for less, $250-$500 and every month you get 2-3 hours of developer time included for any changes you want to make on your website, maintenance, hosting, everything included

    I'm currently doing a market research for a new service I'm building and I hope some of you could share your thoughts here.

    submitted by /u/brzzvrk
    [link] [comments]

    Just had a little argument…

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 03:40 PM PST

    Today my business partner and I got into a heated argument over our split of profits. Currently, it's 55/45 and I said I believe I deserve more and he said I don't at all. I think this because I've invested almost $1K in the business, walk a mile every day to get supplies, found a P.O.S. system that works for us, negotiated a deal with our payment processer, tested and created the entire menu, designed the logo, built the website, created a training manual. and even more. While he invested only $60-100 and gets most of our customers. Obviously, he has a very important role as if there are no customers there is no business. But I don't know… Am I wrong for thinking a deserve more?

    Edit: The business is a super small coffee shop. The university is allowing us to use the space and as long as the people are happy and we didn't ask for any money from them, we get the space for 15% of what the shop makes.

    Edit 2: There are no employees. Basically, I run the shops day to day operations and behind the scenes while he does marketing.

    submitted by /u/deceptivemarketingyt
    [link] [comments]

    This isn't money laundering, is it?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 11:30 PM PST

    I started a small biz as a handyman this year, formed an LLC and opened a business checking account with Square. I want to be able to give my clients the option to pay cash or with Zelle, Venmo, etc. But what I've learned is that there isn't a way to deposit cash directly into my Square account and they won't accept Zelle, Venmo, etc. either... Unless there's a way to set that up I'm overlooking?

    So my thought is to deposit cash and Zelle payments directly into my personal bank account, then transfer that money into my Square business account. But that sort of sounds like money laundering, doesn't it?

    I'm trying to wrap my head around it, but I'm open to suggestions to make it work!

    submitted by /u/Not_Joshy
    [link] [comments]

    Can a line of credit for an LLC impact its members personal loan prospects?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 05:35 AM PST

    Hunted around but couldn't find a clear answer to my LLC's situation, so trying here :)

    There's three of us co-founders that formed an LLC for our new company. Our company needs to get a business line of credit to help us cover short-term inventory costs and things. One of my partners REALLY wants to avoid a business line of credit because he and his wife want to buy a new house in the next year and does not want "another loan on his portfolio". I'm trying to explain to him that a business line of credit is not a standard "loan" and we really need to do this.

    tldr; I'm looking for some "reddit advice" on how an LLC business line of credit—likely secured by our physical warehouse/property—could impact us LLC members personally if we go out looking for personal loans, assuming the line of credit is used short-term and paid off as needed.

    submitted by /u/gingermule
    [link] [comments]

    How to pay myself in a S Corp

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 01:08 AM PST

    Me and my partner own a business. We started off working the business 50/50 but he has since taken a full time job and does not work on it as much as I do. I basically run it and take care of the day to day. He helps 1 day a week and some special projects here and there. I'd say I do 90-95% of the work. It's my full time job.

    We are an llc and will be filing taxes as an s corp. I know I need to take a reasonable salary but from my understanding distrubitions need to be 50/50. So in this case should I make my salary higher to cover the work I'm doing? As a side note Me and my partner do not disagree that I do more work and should be paid as such. Just trying to figure out a way that makes the most sense and keeps taxes down.

    We agreed that I need to be paid $110k per year and he needs 30k per year. My question is how do we split that up with payroll and distributions?

    submitted by /u/jswizzle123
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get customers?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 12:15 PM PST

    I launched a jewelry business back in October 2021. Now I'm stuck with the problem of not having customers. I have asked my friends to check out my site and none of them seem to care. I also feel like something is wrong with my website and that's why people are not buying. I can't figure out why people aren't buying. Please help

    Edit: Thank for all the feedback. They mean a lot. I will take everything you all have said into account

    submitted by /u/empresscarm
    [link] [comments]

    how did you start your small business?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 07:46 PM PST

    What do you do? How did you get involved with it? How long have you been doing it?

    submitted by /u/Low_Sir9954
    [link] [comments]

    Caught in a hard place atm

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 05:01 PM PST

    Currently this is my situation: I hand make dice bags, bookmarks, and other small items for gamers/nerds. I'm out of space to store product in my house. I use my garage as a workspace but I'm out of space there too. I work a full time job which is actually how I'm funding the website and materials until sales start really picking up. Unfortunately, there is no practical way to scale the business (add more products in the store my customers are asking for etc...) Without resorting to dropshipping and print on demand. I don't have a giant warehouse to store a massive inventory. I don't want to do dropshipping, but it's the only way to get certain products that I can't make/store myself. I don't even really have a question just frustrated and wanted to shout it into the ether. I guess if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it. Thanks just the same.

    Edit: I guess I should make it clear I live with 2 other people who have a ton of stuff. If I lived by myself the space would not be an issue, but unfortunately I am limited by the amount of space I can manage to carve out for myself.

    submitted by /u/canvasandchroma
    [link] [comments]

    How can I minimize my risk-profile for payment processors?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:56 PM PST

    Hi r/smallbusiness,

    I opened a consulting business recently and I'm having some trouble figuring out how to be/appear to be a low-risk customer to payment processors and what I should do to minimize the risk of me getting dropped by a payment processor.

    I tried Wave, but I was dropped by them after my client accidentally disputed the first charge. I'm looking into other payment processors now, but I want to be prepared.

    I can't find much information about how risk is determined other than maybe online presence and age of business. I can't change the age of my business obviously, but I've significantly increased my online presence and I've added more funds to my bank account in case that's taken into consideration.

    Is there anything else I should do? Some specific questions I have are:

    • Should I stick to ACH transactions instead of CC transactions for now (I think my client would be ok with that)?
    • Should I just collect a check until I have built up some transaction history?
    • I've done everything online so far, but is it better to start doing stuff in person to build a relationship with my bank?

    (For context: I'm not in a high-risk industry, I only have one client at the moment, and I intend on charging them small amounts weekly, but my first one or two charges will be large, to make up for the charges that didn't go through the first time.)

    submitted by /u/LowFluffy101
    [link] [comments]

    DIY website recommendations needed

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 05:31 PM PST

    I'm trying to find the best DIY website builder that I can sell my inventory from & accept payments on without getting hit with a surcharge per sale, and can offer hosting. I'm in the US and looked at Wix.com and Go Daddy, but are there any other ones that can offer what I need? I am able to design my own as I did it before through wix for a different business I had. I am trying to keep my costs down by doing it myself.

    submitted by /u/greeneyelioness
    [link] [comments]

    DoorDash Partnership Levels for Delivery

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 07:11 PM PST

    I run a restaurant and wanted to negotiate my existing rates. I got an email from DD stating that I can choose one of the following plans:

    -Premier 30% deliver 6% pickup (includes DashPass high value customers, guaranteed 20 orders, and larger delivery radius) -Plus 25/6 (DashPass and delivery radius) -Basic 15/6

    Tired of paying high commissions and really don't like the tiers, but don't know how I'll be affected if I downgrade from Premier to Basic. Anyone have insight on the level of service between the plans?

    TIA

    submitted by /u/rungziggy
    [link] [comments]

    Purchasing supplies

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 01:35 PM PST

    I have an LLC set up. Waiting on my EIN number. I was wondering if it is wise to purchase supplies/domain for my business via my personal account while I wait for my EIN number and paperwork? Just wondering if this makes any difference at all once tax time comes around?

    submitted by /u/kylamo08
    [link] [comments]

    Unemployment question

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 02:17 PM PST

    I just started my s corp in ma, but I'm not paying myself for a couple months. I've been on unemployment, but now that we are opening can I continue to collect until I pay myself or should I stop collecting now?

    submitted by /u/Bumblebeez333
    [link] [comments]

    I’m being sued for copyright, because of an image on a blogpost.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 08:54 PM PST

    Just got served today.

    Summary: A single image from a news article (Forbes, Fox TV) is posted and referenced in my company's blog post. They want a jury trial and $150,000 in damages.

    Us: We work in education for climate science. We don't have $150 K.

    How it happened: Two years ago I hired my kids babysitter to write blog posts for my business. An awesome natural event happened in the city that it is tangental to my business. She told the story dutifully cited it and now I'm being sued. I took it down today.

    We made no money from the image. We don't sell the things depicted in the image. In fact the image was low resolution and small.

    Questions: 1) how long will I feel like I got kicked in the guts? 2) does anyone have experience with this? How much will ultimately pay? 3) what is the likelihood that they will dismiss?

    submitted by /u/CarlsbadParent
    [link] [comments]

    Holding company for credit cards, subsidiary LLC

    Posted: 11 Feb 2022 12:59 AM PST

    I live in Virginia and I am getting ready to Airbnb a couple of rooms in my house. I was going to establish an LLC for it. Fund the LLC with a few thousand dollars, get a business credit card to buy furniture for the rooms and then pay off the card with money I made from Airbnb or the money I used to fund my LLC. I would then use all my business related expenses as tax write offs. I then realized two things.

    1. I only plan on putting my rooms on Airbnb for a year and then closing the LLC which would mean I have to close my credit card accounts.

    2. I plan on moving out of Virginia in the next year or so and I don't want to have an LLC here just holding my credit cards.

    So my question is would it make sense to have a foreign entity LLC holding company incorporated in Delaware or Wyoming for my credit cards and then have the Virginia Airbnb LLC under it as a subsidiary? Then when I move, just start up another subsidiary LLC for for renting out or Airbnb the next property I buy.

    submitted by /u/asa_hole
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between sole proprietorship and an LLC?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 12:59 PM PST

    I've been reading these business courses and read about these two terms, sole proprietorship and LLC, but I can't seem to notice the difference. Can someone break it down for me to understand?

    submitted by /u/CoSeamCreator
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice please :\

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:49 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I provide a specific marketing service for businesses which has led me to having a network of individuals who build websites for a living and they'll refer me clients.

    One in particular is more of an ongoing relationship where we share a few clients and both split 50% of the revenue generated from my services. This isn't the best deal, but it's allowed my business to grow and have more clients.

    One of the specific clients in that relationship has now gone on his own to refer me to one of his friends who owns a business. This referral was only in need of my services, no website work or anything.

    However, the client must have mentioned this referral to the guy in my network and now he is asking information.

    I'm not looking to split a profit with this guy on work he isn't even a part of, and quite frankly it makes me feel extorted just him saying "Be sure to update me on referrals if they turn into work".

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Reading-Financial
    [link] [comments]

    Shipping Label Printer Recommendations

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 08:29 PM PST

    I was looking at these two, would the dymo be any more worth it than these? Hoping to find a good one for under $170 but I'm not sure if that's realistic as I've never used one of these.

    #1

    #2

    submitted by /u/AlleghenyExtractsLP
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody here ever manufacture a new product without volume discounts just to get a toehold in a market?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 01:41 PM PST

    It's quiet right now, so I'm just mostly sitting and daydreaming/stressing. I've been working on the design for a new product I want to manufacture. I've done my research. Nobody in the world makes this particular product with these specific features and yet I've proven a customer demand for it. We're talking small potatoes, though... maybe a couple hundred in the first year, growing after that. Right now I'm in the early stages of shopping the design around to manufacturers and am facing the possibility that it just can't be made cheaply enough (at that small volume) for me to make a profit. Which sucks, of course. I'm not done, there's more things to try, overseas for example. Momma didn't raise no quitter.

    But anyway, I can deal with it all. I'm great at research, financial analysis and being decisive. I'll find a way to make it happen. But I could use some morale support or to hear from others who have gone through this. I mean we all coach newbies by saying that we all started somewhere, right? Nobody springs fully formed from the head of Zeus with ten million dollars to spend on manufacturing a brand new product. So how do you get through the business challenge of being too small to afford cheaper price that comes with high volume manufacturing long enough that you solidify your market for that product without losing your shirt?

    And just to be clear, I'm a well-established online retail business. Just very small. I'm not a noob to that bit, just the part about manufacturing your own product.

    submitted by /u/JcWoman
    [link] [comments]

    How to plan for 1-2 people calling in per day

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 03:27 PM PST

    I own a restaurant, we have a mixed team of >20 part time and full time employees.

    Over the last scheduleing block, we had 1 person calling in sick/other per day.

    I have a lot of faith in my team and it is what it is.

    How do I go about scheduling and accounting for that.

    We are working towards a schedule where everyone has the same shift each week until changed. If someone wants a night off to switch shifts with someone of equal capabilities (ex cooks, team leads, and bakers).

    Some shifts are 2 people and don't have more of a work load for more than 2.

    Is " On call" the best way to go?

    How do you do that? Do we have to pay the equivalent of the shift?

    Are there other ways to plan for such a situation?

    Looking for input and experience with this situation.

    submitted by /u/fro99er
    [link] [comments]

    Phone system

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 11:34 AM PST

    Any restaurant owners have a phone system where when the customer calls. You can set a pre recording for hours, direct to mobile ordering/online ordering and delivery options, picking up the phone for such simple questions can be annoying

    submitted by /u/Greedy-Bandicoot-784
    [link] [comments]

    If I am hiring a licensed company to prepare and package my food product, do I need a CFIA license myself?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 10:06 AM PST

    Hi, this may seem like a dumb question, but I'm a little lost. I have hired co-packers to prepare a product I originally made from home and sold to friends and family. They are licensed and take proper pre-cautions. All the facilities I will be getting the ingredients from also are licensed and each had to give the co-packers an analysis of their product. I'm just confused if I need a licence myself? I'm assuming I do. But I just don't want them coming to inspect my house when that's not where the product will be prepared. But they haven't started production at the facility yet. So if I sign up for a CFIA license, would they immediately want to do an inspection? Also my food product is simply a dry baking mix with a shelf life of 2 years. So one of the less risky food items.

    I am located in Canada but would be selling to the US as well so I'd sign up for FDA approval as well.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ketoish123
    [link] [comments]

    Non-Profit CRM software

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 11:28 PM PST

    I am looking for an affordable software for a not for profit who operates as a voucher system. It would need to be super customisable and be able to have 3 different types of user:

    1) administrator - can do everything, create users, remove users, generate vouchers, change vouchers 2) issuer - fill in voucher details for each individual voucher which then sends it to the redeemer, view all vouchers they have written 3) redeemer - to process the voucher as redeemed by client, so that I (the administrator) can match it to invoice and process payment and can ONLY see the vouchers waiting for them and those redeemed

    My initial thought was netsuite, as I am familiar with the software and know how hugely versatile it is and how easily we can change things to make them work for us. However the cost is unobtainable. Are there any other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/lurkinforalongtime
    [link] [comments]

    Businesses marketing and advertising understanding survey

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 10:22 PM PST

    Hi yall,

    I wanted to ask some business owners how they conduct marketing within their business. It would be great if some of the owners or managers would take a couple of minutes to finish this survey I put together. https://forms.gle/1tvtpsqUTqQh6aHp9

    Thank You so much!

    submitted by /u/Diffaded
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment