• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 17, 2022

    Recently consolidated loans but now studentaid.gov is showing default and consolidated? Student Loans

    Recently consolidated loans but now studentaid.gov is showing default and consolidated? Student Loans


    Recently consolidated loans but now studentaid.gov is showing default and consolidated?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 12:59 AM PST

    Consolidated all my loans to get out of default, great lakes confirmed my loans were consolidated as of 2/7 but my student loan balance on studentaid.gov is showing exactly double my owed amount with loans in default and my new consolidated loan.

    Is this normal? Any insight?

    I consolidated because my company offers free college and I want to enroll hopefully starting summer, and idk if I can fill out FAFSA yet or if it will get denied. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fandommx
    [link] [comments]

    I Need More Aid For School

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 12:14 AM PST

    I haven't received an offer for aid anywhere near what I need in order to attend school, what can I do to get more money?

    I was really hoping on money from the school in order to attend, my parents can offer me no money and refuse to cosign any loans, especially Parent Direct PLUS Loans.

    I'm just really confused on a lot of things, I'm 18, neither of my parents have ever gone to college so they can't guide me through this, and my teachers and councellors have always told me to just go to a four year and get scholarships and take out a government loan and you'll be fine. I really don't know what I'm doing.

    For context, the school I plan on going to has annual cost to be $28k a year, I'd need to have at least $15k covered to be able to attend. I've filled out the FAFSA, but I haven't gotten much aid from it, only a few thousand. Only my father works, but he makes a little over $100,000 a year and we live in California and are a family of 7. We filed for bankruptcy about 8 years ago and have been renting ever since, my parents have $80k in the bank, but that money IS NOT to be used for college, they plan on buying a house in a few months to a year, outside of that we have no other money or assets. He has five children, two of which are both applying for college this year, and then there will be three more after that. My father is nearing retirement age as well, so there will be no money he can provide for us for college. FAFSA doesn't do a very good job at painting this picture.

    I'm crushed, I thought I'd be able to attend this school, I thought I was being realistic and not going with one that was too expensive and that could offer me enough aid, but even this smaller school is expensive. It all just seems so hopeless. I'd really like to go to this school, what can I do?

    I have an appointment scheduled with the Financial Aid Office on Monday, what can I say to them to help get more aid? And what can I do next if I don't get enough to go? Do I take out government loans? How do I do that and keep the interest low? How much can I expect to get from government loans without any support from my parents?

    My whole family is very stressed out and in panic mode, everyone's upset and there has been a lot of fighting regarding this. None of us know what we're doing, I'm sure I sound like an absolute dolt missing things that are probably discussed on this subreddit a lot, but I'm panicking and could really use some help now.

    submitted by /u/yet_another_fox
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment