• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 17, 2022

    Accounting A flower for my fellow accountants

    Accounting A flower for my fellow accountants


    A flower for my fellow accountants

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 12:49 PM PST

    B4 in a nutshell

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 06:10 PM PST

    The current state of the job market for accountants, from today's Wells Fargo conference call

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 11:57 AM PST

    Rare video of Big 4 accounting firms trying to solve the staffing crisis

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 06:58 AM PST

    Something clever

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 05:36 PM PST

    IYKYK

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 10:16 AM PST

    About to go on maternity leave. My temp started today.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 02:27 PM PST

    I work in industry btw.

    This temp had a very impressive resume. One of his first questions to me was "what's a balance sheet account?"

    His resume listed the words "balance sheet" no less than 3 times.

    This is not a good start. I'm curious what things will look like when I come back…

    submitted by /u/mckunkfest
    [link] [comments]

    This shit is inhumane. I graduated college in May and thought I was ready for busy season. I wake up like this mf everyday. No human should be working 12 hour days.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 09:21 PM PST

    Realistic Public Accounting Recruiting Ad:

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 10:35 AM PST

    Are we all just lying on our timesheets?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 07:28 PM PST

    I don't know about you but I feel like it's physically impossible to spend 10-16 hours of a day in the office and have it all be time spent 100% doing bookable client work. Are we all just making it up or am I exceptionally bad at focusing? I'm having a hard time believing that we're really expected to be able to not have some time distracted. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/freeladnick
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone having mental health issues just like zone out for the day and not get anything done?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 01:09 PM PST

    I'm going through medication changes and overall just shitty depression, and all of today I basically just let depression take the wheel and have gotten basically nothing done.

    Anyone else done something similar? Feel pretty bad about it, especially being in a new-ish job

    submitted by /u/mart1373
    [link] [comments]

    Managers and Sr. Managers when all the Seniors quit

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 10:51 PM PST

    To those of you that passed your CPA while working full time, how?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 12:33 PM PST

    I have 4 years of experience in PA. I've tried twice in the past to set aside 2-3 hours a day to study, but before long my workload becomes overbearing and I have no other choice but to sideline my CPA and focus back to work.

    Here we go again, but this time I'm going until I pass. It's not even the motivation or discipline I'm lacking, it's just the lack of time. Honestly at this point, I'll leave my firm before I give up this CPA exam. I can't progress until I get this under my belt, and with the workload I have on the horizon, I'm just not sure how it's even remotely possible to find time.

    Just looking for some advice/thoughts/etc.

    Thanks!

    Edit: Wanted to say thanks to you all for the advice/encouragement. I ended up reaching out to my partner to see if he could accommodate some study time and shot over some dates of when I expect to sit. He was overwhelmingly supportive and is already looking to have me restaffed to some lighter work; I'm thinking 3rd time is going to be the charm.

    submitted by /u/RingRedditor
    [link] [comments]

    Ever have such a stressful day that you lose the ability to form sentences?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 05:23 PM PST

    Idk how I even wrote this

    submitted by /u/houseallday
    [link] [comments]

    I’m burned out

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 08:32 PM PST

    Never felt so unhappy in my life. Still as a staff 2 hardly know what I'm doing, I ruminate about how I still won't know that much even as a senior when a staff will have questions that I don't know how to answer. I've hit a breaking point. I'm so bad at these meticulous nitpicky work papers that need to tie back to everything, and then of course they never do the first time around and I don't know which workpaper is wrong which creates even more work. I fucking HATE this. I hope to find a job that doesn't feel like I'm splitting hairs, needing support for everything, and logging 60 hours plus each week.Feeling absolutely horrible.

    submitted by /u/Weird_Stop_8673
    [link] [comments]

    The fuck is HLOOKUP?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 05:58 AM PST

    Like I said, what the fuck is HLOOKUP? In my 6 years of using excel, why did no one tell me there was a HLOOKUP function?

    submitted by /u/I_am_not_kim_jung_un
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between Public and Industry?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 09:17 AM PST

    I'm very new on my path to accounting. I see a lot of people saying they dislike Public and much prefer Industry. But what are the key differences? So far in my classes I've enjoyed Financial accounting over Managerial accounting—is that a key difference? Or is the job the same, but the hours worked are less desirable? I'm an older student and want to roughly chart my path before I get out of school.

    submitted by /u/deathburgerparadise
    [link] [comments]

    Call me Price the way I Waterhouse her Cooper

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 01:26 PM PST

    happy wednesday

    submitted by /u/Cosmicsauceguzzler
    [link] [comments]

    How long would y’all expect the job market to stay this hot?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 03:13 PM PST

    I am starting at a regional firm in June in a mcol city. They have already upped the starting pay and said they expect to do it again before my start date. I'm starting to think that if the market stays hot that it would be worth it to start looking again after the first year. What are y'all's thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Scrappy_76
    [link] [comments]

    Career in federal government

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 03:57 PM PST

    As a long-timer lurker of this sub, I see a lot of you that are still in college wondering what to do after graduation, especially those that don't want to go the public accounting route. I also see government jobs get mentioned a lot for work-life balance and job security, although they can be difficult to get. I wanted to pitch an option, both because there are open positions for both internships and recent grads on the USA jobs website, and because it might be an interesting alternative for those who are studying accounting but want to try something accounting adjacent.

    I got my foot in the door with the federal government as a financial institution examiner through an internship and the Pathways Program. Essentially, the job entails evaluating financial institutions, making sure they are complying with regulation and managing their risk appropriately. While it is not necessarily an accounting job, there is a lot of crossover. You will be looking through financial statements for banks, calculating financial ratios, evaluating capital, etc. For more information about this type of position, check out the 0570 job series.

    The reason I wanted to make this post is because I know that a certain agency is currently hiring both interns and new grads and that it would be a good opportunity for those who are interested to get their foot in the door with the federal government. The salaries are comparable to entry level industry accounting jobs and the benefits are, well, federal government benefits!

    Examiner Positions (look for student and associate positions)

    submitted by /u/haveagubmint
    [link] [comments]

    Mood around the office during busy season vs off season?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 07:45 PM PST

    Anyone else see a huge difference in the office "vibes" which is clearly explainable because of high stress. But it also scary to see what stress can do to some of your coworkers who seem to be very bright and positive during the Christmas party but dark and gloomy in February.

    submitted by /u/Laylaonthemoon
    [link] [comments]

    Help with awkward office interactions

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 06:43 PM PST

    A coworker is over friendly and doesn't read social cues. I don't want to tell them not to talk to me as I like a good morning and brief conversation, but I can't have them following me and chatting my ear off every time I get a drink, go to the printer, etc..subtle hints aren't working.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/clearlychange
    [link] [comments]

    How the hell are you guys surviving busy season ??

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 02:46 PM PST

    Okay I'm a tax intern working his first busy season and they told me I have to work a minimum of 55 hours since all the work has started to come in and I'm worn out already, how the hell do you guys do this for months?? Any tips to survive?? I feel like I am losing my sanity. What are some tips that you guys would give someone working their first busy season?

    submitted by /u/PsychologicalGrab862
    [link] [comments]

    What's the absolute most prestigious route an accountant can take?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 08:11 PM PST

    Just asking out of curiosity. Pretty much title, what firms do the top players work and then if they move from there where do they go? what do they do?

    submitted by /u/maninthewomb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment