• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 6, 2022

    How are your student loans impacting your life? Student Loans

    How are your student loans impacting your life? Student Loans


    How are your student loans impacting your life?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 06:17 AM PST

    What would you do with the extra money that is going toward your student loan debt?

    submitted by /u/Chipper-app
    [link] [comments]

    This question has probably come up before but...

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 06:32 AM PST

    My wife and thus myself have a mountain of student debt. My wife is a vet so she essentially paid for med school, but makes a fraction of what human doctors do. I feel like our student loan burden would be drastically reduced if we just had a manageable interest rate. We are paying $1200 a month in interest alone.

    So my question is, how would everyone feel about forgetting about forgiveness (as I just don't see it happening any time soon) and trying to change the conversation to drastically reducing interest or maybe even eliminate it for people who are paying on time. 6.8% is criminal and is approaching predatory loan range. I think it would be a much easier pill to swallow for conservatives and people who think forgiveness is unfair to everyone else, but I also think it would do a ton for reducing the burden of student loans.

    submitted by /u/j_runey
    [link] [comments]

    Consolidation

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 11:58 PM PST

    For anyone who has done a consolidation. How long did it take , Great Lakes said 30-45 days bud student aid said 30-90. I'm trying to get it up to coincide with the forbeance ending in may so I'm trying to decide when to apply.

    submitted by /u/Upset-Draw-1721
    [link] [comments]

    Refinance private student loans - Penfed vs earnest

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 06:38 PM PST

    hey

    i have private student loans that i am trying to refinance ... i got similar rate between Penfed credit union and earnest

    for 15 years i was offerd 3.30 % intrest rate from Penfed and 3.50 % from earnest

    not much of a difference but which one is better

    thanks

    submitted by /u/MI_state
    [link] [comments]

    private student loans settlement

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 06:33 PM PST

    Greetings

    I refinancing my private student loans to reduce my payments and before interest rate goes up this year . my question is what if my loans or some of them where included in the settlement ?

    As a result of the settlement, 1,576 Michigan borrowers will receive over $38.6 million in debt relief. Those borrowers receiving the private loan debt cancellation will be contacted by Navient by July 2022, along with receiving refunds of any payments they made on the cancelled private loans after June 30, 2021.

    submitted by /u/MI_state
    [link] [comments]

    Navient lawsuit - How to tell if my private loan is cancelled for sure?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 11:51 PM PST

    I took out a loan back in 2005 for a for profit school that misled me about how they were and I definitely fell for the predatory students loans when I was younger from Sallie Mae.

    I let it default after some time and never made any payments. Completely ignored it. Nothing came about it from it and it got removed from my credit report so wasn't even affecting my credit thankfully.

    I guess technically I still owe it and it changes hands all the time as to who owns it nowadays, I have no clue. I saw this article on NerdWallet earlier:

    https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/loans/student-loans/navient-student-loan-lawsuit

    how do I find out if they are removing my loan from the past due to this? I don't want to call them and possibly start things up by mentioning it and inadvertently starting up again some sort of statute of limitations that I'm unaware of. So how do I look further into this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/citadel223
    [link] [comments]

    Should I take out loans or be absolutely broke during my college years?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 04:26 PM PST

    I have recently committed to my local state college, and am just looking for a little financial advice as my parents and a lot of my family have not been to college, or not gone in a very long time.

    This school is fairly inexpensive, and I have most of my tuition covered in scholarships. However, either I will need to take out about $1,700 dollars a semester in unsubsidized federal loans for the next four years, or pay out of my pocket every semester. This would only leave me in about $14,000 in debt by the end of my college career. I theoretically could bust my ass a bit in college to be able to pay this upfront instead of taking out a loan, but I was hoping I could spend little more time on my studies rather than working to save for each semester. Is it worth it to pay upfront or is $14,000 something manageable I could pay off in my twenties? Given that I get a stable job after college, of course.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/avarosiecakes
    [link] [comments]

    3.5GPA, completely fail last semester. What happens?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 08:19 PM PST

    Surely, my GPA would drop, but I'm not sure if it would make a difference in this bleak job market since i've already made my grad requirements. But the question is, would I have to repay any student loans any differently than if I were to have passed my courses?

    submitted by /u/bluegoointheshoe
    [link] [comments]

    3.5GPA, completely fail last semester. What happens?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 08:18 PM PST

    Surely, my GPA would drop, but I'm not sure if it would make a difference in this bleak job market since i've already made my grad requirements. But the question is, would I have to repay any student loans any differently than if I were to have pass my courses?

    submitted by /u/bluegoointheshoe
    [link] [comments]

    Navient

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 07:19 AM PST

    Is anyone else having trouble logging into the navient website. I'm able to login into aidvantage for my federal loans but navient is still servicing my private loans. I keep getting an error message and of course they are closed on the weekend.

    submitted by /u/Tamiasangel
    [link] [comments]

    High NW, low income. Looking to refi from federal. Any suggested lenders?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 10:30 AM PST

    I've got about $152,000 in student loans that are on PAYE @ 6.25%. After a recent business sale I find myself in a spot with a lot of liquid assets, but a low annual income. Any suggestions for a lender to work with who has the flexibility to get low rates by looking at net worth instead of (or in conjunction with) income?

    submitted by /u/Regular_Abalone
    [link] [comments]

    Paying for grad school abroad!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 09:25 AM PST

    Hello, I wanted to reach out and see if anyone here has a personal experience studying abroad! I am planning on completing my master's in the UK and wanted some more information on options for paying for school. I guess this could also apply to grad school here in the states as well!

    Of course I've done my own research, but I wanted to see what advice Reddit has to offer ☺️

    submitted by /u/ellendntcry
    [link] [comments]

    Loan Payoff Strategy Advice

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 08:40 AM PST

    Wondering the best strategy to start chipping away at my loans. All Federal. I have a six month emergency fund, no CC debt. I understand saving during the payment pause, but these loans are hanging over my head and I feel such relief when I make a payment. Loan info:

    Principal Interest Total Interest rate
    $4,068.00 $0 $4068.00 6.8
    $4923.10 $332.79 $5,255.89 6.8
    $8,490.54 $581.18 $9,071.72 6.8
    $9,095.00 $569.68 $9,664.68 6.6
    $10,482.00 $243.68 $10,725.68 6.08

    Based on the information above, snowball and avalanche methods would be the same since my lowest balances also have the highest interest rates. I guess my question is, is there much of a difference between 6.8 and 6.08? My highest balance has the lowest rate, but if that doesn't make much of a difference, why not pay off the $10K loan? This loan makes up the largest portion of my payment so if I pay off the $10K loan and continue to make the same monthly payment, I can make more headway. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/SnooLentils9905
    [link] [comments]

    Cancel IDR Certification Request

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 08:19 AM PST

    Hi Everyone,

    Does anyone know if you can cancel an IDR Recertification request if it was recently submitted (within last 24 hours)?

    I stupidly submitted my IDR Recertification last night when I didn't need to. I actually had a notice on my account that said I didn't need to recertify until April 2023 that I somehow overlooked.

    Feeling terrible and hoping there is a way to undo the mistake I made last night.

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/mmmacswizzle
    [link] [comments]

    Paying interest on loans during Covid pause?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 07:01 AM PST

    So I got approved last year through NHSC for loan repayment. I was able to pay off one loan so far. My method has been start with the lowest and work my way done. My next loan I'm focused on has $10,000+ interest. I know during the Covid pause all loans are not incurring interest. So, I have the ability to pay the interest off right now and start making patients that will go towards the principal. If I were to not pay the interest in full right now in May when the Covid pause is lifted all that interest will just be added to the principal of the loan correct?

    submitted by /u/callmedoc19
    [link] [comments]

    Leap Finance Review/Experience.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 05:47 AM PST

    After a bloodbath of an admit season, time has come for me to complete my finances for MS, . I came across Leap Finance for financing for Education and the quote seems nice( no collateral - full COE - avg int rate). Was thinking of prodigy before but don't finance the full amount. Have anyone use Leap Finance before coz i couldn't find user reviews online.

    submitted by /u/Nimitzxz
    [link] [comments]

    Transfer a loan

    Posted: 05 Feb 2022 05:08 AM PST

    Can you transfer a parent plus loan taken out in one name to another . All our loans are in my wife's name and I'd like to transfer half to myself in case something would happen to me.

    submitted by /u/Ill_Arachnid3990
    [link] [comments]

    EdFinancial security image

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 11:05 PM PST

    So I found another thread from earlier today with the same issue but it was deleted, so I'm making my own.

    Trying to log in to edfinancial today and noticed the security image changes on every attempt. This is the login feature that says "If you do not recognize this image, do NOT enter your password."

    I've tried it from multiple devices and doesn't seem to be a problem on my end.

    I've sent a message to support but they're currently closed.

    Anybody else notice this?

    *edit - just for kicks, i tried logging into my old servicer account, and it's the same way. I notice both login pages are hosted on *.myloanmanager.com, I don't know if that's how it is for all federal loan servicers.

    *edit2 - i called and they are aware, the rep said they've had several people report this today and it's being worked on. they reset my password, so i logged in with their temporary. after i logged in, i went to the area where you can change your security image and noticed that under 'current' there was a blank picture. i selected a new one, and now i'm getting the correct image on every login.

    submitted by /u/pifumd
    [link] [comments]

    NPR seeking borrowers who fell victim of a student loan scam

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:07 AM PST

    They are doing a story on this issue which I'm very grateful as it will help educate more consumers against these scams. If you have been scammed and are willing to talk to NPR about it please email me at the tisla email on my website contact page and i'll connect you with the reporter.

    submitted by /u/Betsy514
    [link] [comments]

    Experiences paying off graduate loan debt?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 02:51 PM PST

    Hi all. I'm coming to this page looking for advice and input from folks who have experience with graduate student loans. I was recently accepted to a PhD program that does NOT guarantee students for the entire program. Based on conversations from faculty and students in the program, it seems like I will have a year unfunded, and after that, assistantships that will allow me to 1. waive tuition entirely and receive a stipend or 2. receive a stipend and pay in state tuition. Through playing out scenarios and estimating based off of this knowledge, my debt could be anywhere from 40k-65k. I am financially privileged in that my parent will help me with the cost of tuition as well. Out of state tuition for this program is 28-32k a year, and in state is 7200 a semester.

    I am blessed and privileged that I did not have to take out loans for undergrad career, so I would be starting at a clean slate. I would love to hear the experiences of students who have had experiences with paying off graduate student loan debt, and any other input or advice. Thank you for reading :)

    submitted by /u/fruitfreak_
    [link] [comments]

    Made a late payment and now have a few questions

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:23 PM PST

    As the title states, I made a late payment on one of my SM loans since I was having some money issues and rent was due around the same time. I paid for the two that have smaller amounts but ended up paying the bigger one almost two weeks later during my next pay day. I have not received a reminder email so I logged in today to check what was going on. I paid the late fee but the usual monthly payment amounts weren't showing up. I don't know what's going on but will try to call on Monday. I had to forbear them briefly a few months ago but is there a way to get them to bring the payments back down to their original amounts before that point? Does anyone know what this means? Will this affect trying to refinance?

    I just feel really dumb and am trying not to stress out...

    EDIT: formatting

    submitted by /u/tangledlettuce
    [link] [comments]

    What rates are you getting on your private refi's?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 01:15 PM PST

    I have $30K remaining on a private student loan that I refinanced from 4.7% (SoFi) to 3.44% (SoFi again) exactly 1 year ago. Wondering if a lower rate is possible (me + spouse with 820 score, no other debt besides mortgage, high income). Which lender did you go with and at what rate for yours? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/CanadianPeppercorn
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! I never had a loan. I have 2 semesters left (including this one) and i can (need) make a student loan of $5,000 with 8% interests. Should I?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 12:47 PM PST

    1%********* omg

    submitted by /u/injerencia
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:16 PM PST

    It is worthy to take a loan for CUNY Baruch College? I am a senior in high school and I didn't qualified for pell grant, I was just wondering how loans looks like for a public college. I'm getting to paranoid because of what I heard before about loans but I definitely don't want to get into a private school. Anyways maybe you guys can help out and give me some advice if it's worthy or not? For those who are wondering I'm planning to take Marketing Degree in Baruch.🙌

    submitted by /u/EarComplete
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment