• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 8, 2022

    [Homeowners Insurance] Is filing a claim for a $1,500 loss due to THEFT likely to increase my premium? Insurance

    [Homeowners Insurance] Is filing a claim for a $1,500 loss due to THEFT likely to increase my premium? Insurance


    [Homeowners Insurance] Is filing a claim for a $1,500 loss due to THEFT likely to increase my premium?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 10:12 PM PST

    I've never filed a homeowners insurance claim. About 3 months ago I experienced a $1,500 loss of personal property due to theft while travelling abroad. It just occurred to me that my policy likely covers this loss. I've seen lots of posts about premiums going up following claims for damage to real property. Does the same idea hold true for claims for theft of personal property?

    I would rather not file a claim if there's a good chance it increases my premium.

    submitted by /u/seekinglegaladvice01
    [link] [comments]

    Help with finding therapist without parents finding out

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 11:11 AM PST

    I'm looking to get a therapist through insurance but don't want my parents (who the insurance is under) to find out. My dad works for a hospital and has an HMO plan through Northshore (a health system in IL). I am not quite sure how to even find a therapist and unsure abt how to navigate through it in general. Does anyone know where I could find the right numbers to call and how to find therapists in my network?

    submitted by /u/Respond-Dapper
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance overpayment letter but I only received one check

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 08:39 PM PST

    I had surgery last January and my insurance sent a check to the doctor's office instead of to me. My doctor's office claims that my insurance told them to shred the check so that a new check can be sent to me, but once I finally received my check, I get an overpayment letter 2 days later. When I called my insurance, they told me that they don't have any record of telling the doctor's office to shred the check. What should I do? My surgery was around $3,500, so this is quite a lot of money to be messing with and I don't know who to believe anymore (insurance vs. doctor's office). Also, wouldn't an insurance company ask the doctor to send the check back? Not sure why they would ask the doctor's office to shred a check because there's no evidence that it wasn't deposited by the doctor.

    submitted by /u/chi7490
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Underwriting Career

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 11:06 PM PST

    Hey y'all,

    So I recently accepted an Underwriter Trainee position. I am very excited to get started, however, I have absolutely no experience with underwriting or insurance in general. I was wondering if there is any good sources to get me prepped for the training process so I can hit the ground running. Anything will help!

    submitted by /u/ConfusedCollegeKid33
    [link] [comments]

    DV Claim Possible? (CA)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 10:39 PM PST

    So today I went to go check out a car at a dealership that I wanted to trade in for. I was expecting the trade-in value of my car (2106 Lexus NX200t Fsport) to be around $26k. However, they offered to trade in my car for $21k, because of an accident I was in about 2 months ago. The total was $6,994.26 to fix it. I was hoping I had enough positive equity to put into a cheaper car that I wanted.

    Is it possible to make a DV claim with my insurance (Allstate) even though the other party was at fault? To add to that, the other party didn't have insurance. Is it even worth trying to get a DV claim in CA with my current situation?

    submitted by /u/luitheone
    [link] [comments]

    When my car was totaled, I was given a rental for a week (while my car was being accessed). Can I continuously get the rental until I agree to the settlement price of my totaled vehicle?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 10:20 PM PST

    Or at least get it for longer?

    submitted by /u/Jair828
    [link] [comments]

    Large loss fire settlement process and dispute

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 08:56 PM PST

    4 weeks ago we had a major fire, not enough to burn the house but enough to be a large loss. Fire, heat damage in the main living and kitchen area and heavy smoke and heat throughout. Except for the master bedroom. Heavy heavy smoke in the attic as well, fire fighters poked smoke holes in the ceiling throughout.

    We got our settlement back and while not awful it is definitely less than we expected. In particular it doesn't cover gutting the floors, walls, and ceilings and sealing the wood against smoke odorof the master and master bath. However it does do so for every adjoining room. Citing Only a clean and repaint. Infact every other room in the house will need gutting.

    My questions are

    How do i best push for them paying for the master to be gutted as well?

    How best do I (to be frank) get more money out of them?

    Is an independent adjuster worth it? How much do they charge?

    Edit Thanks!

    submitted by /u/garaks_tailor
    [link] [comments]

    Geico Adjuster Turnaround Time

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 04:11 PM PST

    Not sure if I found the right subreddit to ask this question.. but wondering for anyone who's submitted an auto claim via Geico or works / worked at Geico, how long is the expected turnaround time for the geico adjuster to review your estimate and confirm it the car will be repaired or totaled?

    For context - my vehicle was involved in an accident this past Friday. We took the car immediately to a geico arx body shop (auto repair xpress). The body shop estimator submitted the estimate same day to geico for review. The body shop is thinking the car will be a total loss where geico will cut us a check instead for the value of the car instead of getting it repaired. We texted our geico adjuster on Monday (24 hours ago) to see if there was an update. Haven't received a response and also called to leave a voicemail. I'm just wondering if there's some sort of guaranteed turnaround time geico sets for adjusters, i.e. reviewing an estimate within 48 or 72 hours once it's been submitted. What is a reasonable amount of time to wait before we should start calling geico customer service to see why the estimate review is taking so long?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/hotchixsammich
    [link] [comments]

    Minor car accident, Should I hire lawyer! Texas

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 06:52 PM PST

    This is the first time I got into an car accident, and don't know what to do. The other car was backing up in a parking lot and hit my car and my car now had a big dent in the front. I took his information and took pictures of both cars, but I did not call the police to get a Police Report. What should I do, I have Geico insurance. Should I file a claim with Geico or should I file a claim with their insurance. My family told me to call a lawyer. Any advice would be so so appreciated as I just don't know what to do right now.

    Edit: This is the first time I got involved in an accident and I am so confused with everything. Thank you so much everyone for your input. I will just file a claim with my insurance then.

    submitted by /u/KK010
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting Accident, need advice

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 06:47 PM PST

    A out of town taxi cab merged into me and we pulled over and swapped info, he swore it was me at fault but he is 100% wrong. This was yesterday, the damage is probably 500-700$ damage to mine and more to his.

    I don't necessarily want to involve insurance especially considering we are blaming each other with no witnesses, however I want to file a claim for the shear principle of it of it. I was informed by his company that his insurance company actually has a dash cam in his car which clearly would have caught him in the wrong (how long would they keep footage?). With that said, would my insurance drastically increase with one claim and would it be worthwhile at all from a financial and satisfaction standpoint lol. I don't want to let this asshole away Scott free but the damage might be a wash with my deductible or close to it and I would just use a claim for a small fender bender. Looking for advice or any thoughts, what would you do

    submitted by /u/TheBigChiefa
    [link] [comments]

    Car Accident

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 06:23 PM PST

    Back in October I got in an accident after trying to make a turn. Long story short, I went to make a left hand turn and some lady came barreling down the road, in the middle of both lanes, and blew through the stop sign. My driver's side rear-quarter panel is super dented up and after waiting to hear back from the lady's insurance we finally got an estimate in December. Fast forward to today, I was driving home and my exhaust basically fell off. Before the accident, my exhaust was completely fine. The estimate only includes what happened to my rear panel. Is there a possibility to see if this is something to get added on the estimate? I've never dealt with ANYTHING like this before and just want my car to be drivable again.

    submitted by /u/burnercusofstuff
    [link] [comments]

    Umbrella Policy Question in Ongoing Claim

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 06:00 PM PST

    I have an ongoing claim from last year.

    I received a letter from my claims adjuster (which is Geico) and I'm really confused since reading it.

    The adjuster noted in his letter that plaintiff is demanding my entire policy (my policy is a decent six figure sum), but the plaintiff's demand letter, which the adjuster attached, is not requesting any sum in particular. He only noted his client completed treatment, listed his medical expenses (around 50K) and said he was willing to settle within my limits (27K of those medical expenses are anticipated future treatments).

    There is a paragraph in the adjuster's letter (possibly standard language?), which directs me to put any other liability policy on notice of this claim, including any umbrella carrier.

    My umbrella policy is also with Geico.

    Does that mean I have to place Geico's umbrella division on notice?

    I spoke to a rep in the umbrella department and they said the actual claims rep is the one to handle any notification if they feel the claim will exceed limits.

    I have not been able to reach the adjuster to confirm, but during our recent convo he advised me that plaintiff is demanding a fraction of my full policy and he had no concerns about the case settling within my limits - although the letter I received indicates plaintiff wants the full policy. However, the provided letter from plaintiff's counsel only indicates that they are willing to settle within the limits.

    At the moment I'm a bit stumped on where this case is heading or what my next move should be.

    submitted by /u/boxingfan828
    [link] [comments]

    Auto accident

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 05:13 PM PST

    I was just curious as to what you guys think about this situation. If my car was already parked on the curb and I was inching up to fit my parking spot and someone comes in to park in a spot approximately two yards in front of me and dents my front left bumper and they have a swipe on their passenger door. Who's at fault?

    submitted by /u/Stonk1ng
    [link] [comments]

    Charged for Supposedly Covered Dental Cleaning

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 04:01 PM PST

    Hi, I recently switched companies, and both of these companies use the same dental insurance company (Delta Dental). At the first company, they covered 3 cleanings a year, and at the new company they covered 2 for 2021 on the plan. Before I switched, I had 2 cleanings on the previous employer's plan and scheduled the third, which happened to be after I switched companies. I went, and got my cleaning, gave my new insurance info, and got a bill a few months later, saying since I already had 2, it wasn't covered, even though it was under a new plan.

    Is this something I can fight, or do I not have a leg to stand on? I tried looking at the plan docs and it specifies 2 per calendar year for the new company, but not sure how it interacts when the plan changes.

    submitted by /u/zerooo911
    [link] [comments]

    Overpaid for Dental Procedure

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 03:48 PM PST

    Living in Mississippi, US. Trying to figure out who is supposed to refund me for overpaying for a dental procedure. The dental office quoted me a certain amount, which I paid day of procedure, but my insurance processed the claim and the amount I paid vs the number the insurance chose to cover were VASTLY different. Would it be expected that the dental office refund the difference, or the insurance company?

    submitted by /u/seclusivebox
    [link] [comments]

    Possibly changing from Personal Lines to Commercial Lines account manager

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 08:03 AM PST

    I've been doing Personal Lines for 8 years, very minimal experience with Commercial. We recently lost a CL account manager and I was asked if I'd be interested in learning her job.

    I currently make about $6000-7000 a year in commission from cross sells and referrals, even though sales isn't my focus. CL leaves a lot less room for referrals and cross sells - in my agency, it's very rare for account managers to make commission in commercial lines.

    That said, is it reasonable to ask that my new salary reflect my current salary+approximate commissions? That would put me in the $58-60k range in salary, and I don't know if that's a fair salary ask for someone with my experience. I don't want to come off with a ridiculous figure, but I don't want to take a paycut either.

    Also, if anyone has worked in both departments, any insight on what major differences I'll see would be great!

    submitted by /u/GODDAMNUBERNICE
    [link] [comments]

    Traded paint

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 03:28 PM PST

    I traded paint yesterday with a woman who just got a new car. I was in the turn lane but about to make a left, needed to go back into the lane a bit when an oncoming car was coming toward me and honking aggressively. Her car was quite close to mine and mine scratched hers.

    My car also got some dinges.

    I asked if we could make this an out of pocket thing but traded insurance anyway. She texted me today with the bill from her auto mechanic - 1600 to fix a few scratches. She wants me to venmo her half now and half later before the repairs.

    I'm definitely worried about my insurance going up (I already have a speeding ticket from a few years ago that makes it super high) but with a $1600 repair… that's pretty much my next 5 months of insurance.

    I'm wondering if I should pay out of pocket or just make a claim and take the gamble that my insurance won't go up as much as this repair will cost me. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/nosysad
    [link] [comments]

    Total Loss on 2022 Vehicle

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 11:12 AM PST

    I've seen many posts about valuations on total loss vehicles and have read all of them, but would greatly appreciate some professional input on my particular situation. I've never had to deal with car insurance claims let alone a total loss claim before and am trying to do my best to advocate for myself.

    At the end of December, my 7 month old 2022 Tucson SEL was totaled in a hit and run. I've been battling with the total loss department of the claims administrator for the last month to get an accurate settlement. I received the first settlement 1/24 with the CCC valuation but noticed that they had left out numerous features including a sun/moonroof, ventilated seats, and leather interior. They then told me it would take another 2 weeks to get the CCC valuation redone. Yesterday, they provided the updated valuation with an increase of $600 but had still left out the leather interior. Finally, a few hours later they provided another CCC valuation with all features but only another $400 increase.

    As for the valuation, it only included 2 comps, one 9 miles away and another 268 miles away. The further comp was lower by $1800 and I'm seeing other closers comps around the same listing price as the closer comp they used.

    Also, I've been getting pushback from them on the inclusion of registration fees in the settlement. The law in my state (CO) clearly says: "An insurer shall pay title fees, sales tax, and any other transfer or registration fee associated with the total loss of a motor vehicle." I have told them this, but they don't seem to respond.

    A few questions...

    1. Is this really an accurate final valuation if it was done in a couple hours vs others that took multiple weeks? Also, is $1000 a valid value for those added features?
    2. Is it reasonable to only do 2 comps to get the value? I know there is low inventory especially for a new car but I'm seeing other cars similar to the comps that lead me to believe the lower comp could be more of an outlier that skewing the value.
    3. Is my understanding of the registration fees correct? I'm not sure how those could not be included based on the law.

    I'm happy to get into more specifics if that would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/ihatepickles24
    [link] [comments]

    Will I be kicked off my dad’s health insurance if I get married?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 02:31 PM PST

    I, (20F) am getting married this summer. My dad said that if I do this, I might be kicked off his insurance. He has United Healthcare through his employer and we both live in CT. I thought the ACA would let me stay on his plan till I was 26. Is that correct?

    submitted by /u/mynamewasusedalready
    [link] [comments]

    Water damage from ice dam

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 10:42 AM PST

    I started having water intrusion yesterday caused by an ice dam. We have been doing our best to clean up the water but it is running behind the wall and through the floor, I have a claim open with my insurance agency and they are sending a water mitigation company in the next 48 hours and an inspector within a week. I removed the decotive wooden covering on the ceiling and the wood is heavily damaged, I suspect that the wall and floors are also extensively damaged and when the floor is pressed on water comes out. Do most policies cover the interior damage caused by this or am I SOL?

    submitted by /u/Local_-_Mud
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb question: Starting from scratch… want to do an outside sales role

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 08:16 AM PST

    I have a small natural marker I can sell to, but it is spread out throughout the US because I've moved around so much. I'm fine with reaching out to them, I'd rather not but I would be fine reaching out for p&c.

    I'd be taking a remote role as an Allstate remote agent. Outside of my natural network, how do I last in this business? I've never really built a pipeline from scratch and kind of nervous to just jump right in, even though they are offering a base salary

    submitted by /u/CoastRover
    [link] [comments]

    Should I go to small claims court? If so, who should I sue?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 02:05 PM PST

    Hello all! Recently, my mother got into a car accident where she was going straight on a major road (about to cross an intersection; it has her green and she was going the speed limit) and a car in the dedicated left turn lane suddenly swerved into her lane just as she was about to pass them, resulting in a long bump/scrape alongside the rear driver side door and bumper. The resulting body damage would cost about $3,000 to repair.

    She filed a claim with our insurance (Farmers) and the adjuster told us to go to their insurance (Allstate) and file a claim with them since their driver caused the accident. So we did, and after doing their own investigation, their adjuster came back to us and said that because the other (at-fault) party presented a different version of events and refused to claim responsibility, and because there was no independent witnesses or dashcam footage, Allstate will not be paying out to us and will side with their driver.

    My mother and I are considering small claims court, although we were wondering in this case: a) who to sue (Allstate or the other driver) and b) whether there is any other recourse we should try before resorting to small claims court. We have liability-only insurance (if that affects anything). I asked the folks at r/legaladvice a couple days back and only got one response, so I was hoping y'all would be able to provide some more input. Thanks, all!

    submitted by /u/PanAmPat
    [link] [comments]

    Claim after storm: how often to talk to adjuster?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 03:17 AM PST

    We recently had a winter storm with significant branch damage to our roof from our neighbor's tree. Our roof is less than 3 years old and had no damage when we purchased. We filed the claim Thursday midday and heard from the adjuster that evening. We connected with a contractor who has been in contact with the adjuster, but we have not heard from the adjuster since Thursday (3 business days). I am confused on how this process works. The adjuster has not been to the property and we do not have an itemized list of damages in writing, but the contractor is beginning to remove debris from the property (he called and said that he wasn't able to get in touch with the adjuster but that they needed to remove debris before beginning work and we may have to come out of pocket for that cost). What are the process steps here after submitting the claim? How often am I supposed to be in contact with the adjuster vs the contractor? Does the contractor communicate directly with the adjuster only? Please help. We are new-er homeowners and this is the first insurance claim we've ever filed.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Throwawayquerty78901
    [link] [comments]

    Pre-existing conditions/pet insurance

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:35 PM PST

    Currently I have no pet insurance. I got a new kitten who seems to have an issue with worms that's probably temporary. He's been to a vet and they prescribed him treatment.

    My question is, if I now buy insurance and tick the box to say he has a pre-existing condition, will they cover me if this illness turns out to be more than just worms?

    The vet is basically working through a process of elimination so I don't know if the diagnosis will change.

    submitted by /u/CommercialSoup7287
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need GEICO medical payment coverage or is my Medi-Cal plan enough?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:33 PM PST

    I'm 24M, currently on my parents Medi-Cal Blue Shield California Promise Health Plan. The company I work for has not set up any benefits.

    I have Geico auto insurance and just quoted myself if I add $25k Medical Payments. It adds $51 per 6-month policy period.

    I don't drive often (about 3,000 miles per year), but I do cycle every day along PCH in SoCal.

    The additional cost won't break my bank in any way. I'm just wondering if it will be beneficial to me at all or would Medi-Cal cover me entirely.

    submitted by /u/Lokfar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment