• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 8, 2022

    Fighting Product Unacceptable Chargeback? small business

    Fighting Product Unacceptable Chargeback? small business


    Fighting Product Unacceptable Chargeback?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 05:21 AM PST

    This has got to be one of the most bullshit types of chargebacks there is.

    Customer can literally call up their bank, tell them they are unhappy and never have contacted us. The bank issues a chargeback. Customer gets to keep the item + we get charged $15 + we lose the money & the item.

    And it seems they are becoming more & more popular, as if it's being taught somewhere how to get items for free because I used never see these (over $2m processed) and now I see them all the item.

    Does anyone have any good strategies on combating these?

    submitted by /u/polishnorbi
    [link] [comments]

    Does being kicked off a project for wage discussion count as illegal?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 07:06 AM PST

    As the title says. Started 2 weeks ago on a project consistently and learning. The young leader of the project ran to the shop manager after bringing up discussion of wages and what their experience was. Now I'm on other projects that I find far less enjoyable. Frankly the circumstance itself is suspicious. How far could this be taken?…

    I'm wondering if this falls in line with the legal nature of wage discussions.

    submitted by /u/uberbewb
    [link] [comments]

    Getting new clients/more work from a home based business

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 06:00 AM PST

    As the title says, I run a small picture framing, graphic design and printing company from my home. I have several pieces of equipment that I'd like to be running more often - embroidery, vinyl cutting, large format printing, and direct to garment printer and dye sublimation. When I first started out, I had a perfect trifecta going. Three of us were laid off from a print shop. I was the designer, there was a sales person and a press operator. Well, the sales person grew his business and brought someone in house to do the design and setup. I'm still at home because I don't want to have a shop and I'm also a stay at home dad. I have a website, a Facebook business page, Instagram, a google business listing and a Nextdoor account. I've tried the Etsy thing, but most everything I produce is on a made to order basis. I've tried sending samples to local businesses that may be able to utilize my services but haven't had much ROI on that. I've tried sending out postcards and just recently tried NextDoor's advertising. What can I do to increase my business without going bankrupt advertising on the different platforms? I was going to gather up samples and try craft shows or local farmer's markets once they start picking up, but I don't know that they will work very well. I'm still trying to get a better grip on who my ideal customer is maybe when I figure that out I can hone my advertising to them. What has worked for you?

    submitted by /u/JNDCLLC
    [link] [comments]

    Best direct booking system for holiday rentals.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 08:50 AM PST

    I run a small holiday/vacation home rental business.Two cottages and some "glamping" huts. In total, it's four properties that I am currently renting via Airbnb.

    I have a static website for the properties that lists a phone number for manual bookings and links to Airbnb for bookings. I'm getting a fair amount of traffic from this website, so I'd like to add a booking system to the website to avoid some of the Airbnb fee's and commissions and let people just book directly on my website.

    The requirement is that the website has a calendar that will sync with Airbnb and allow both Airbnb bookings and direct bookings from other sources.

    Does anyone know of a good simple system that allows this?

    submitted by /u/tmosh
    [link] [comments]

    Gusto payroll tax

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 10:58 AM PST

    Anyone else have this issue with Gusto? Apparently in 2020 they filed our 941 and had IRS issue us a retention credit for everything we paid in I had no idea just got three letters from IRS saying we owe all that money back to them because gusto amend out returns we had no idea now owe penalties and interest and needs to be paid in 30 days or else they levy our account. Gusto customer service has been no help ugh

    submitted by /u/loveytocolter
    [link] [comments]

    How can I take surveys for free or somewhere cheap but reliable ?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 10:31 AM PST

    I'm starting up a tea business in the U.S. So, I would like to take surveys on tea and coffee. How could I get people's habits and opinion online? Is it better to go co cafes and ask people there?

    submitted by /u/Quackies09
    [link] [comments]

    Inventory software

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 10:04 AM PST

    Hi there, I'm looking for a very simple software solution that would allow me to:

    1. Track new deliveries of the products I sell + automatically add them to the inventory.
    2. Track what each customer bought + automatically subtract those products from the inventory.

    I'd love if it also had an option to export to excel.

    The simpler the better!

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/adhk123
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a point in the right direction.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 09:55 AM PST

    Long story short, I'm looking to start a small business. At least on paper.

    I'm "taking a job" at an automotive shop but will be paid weekly by the owner in cash for whatever work I do. Essentially I'll be a sub-contractor.

    My question would be how to go about this correctly? Should I file for an LLC or do a Sole Proprietorship, etc.?

    I'm very early in the process and know nothing about any of this, I just have an opportunity to do what I love with some really good guys that I trust and have the same mindset as I do so I'm looking to dive in head first.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/rpitcher33
    [link] [comments]

    Being Compensated as a Media Manager for Inventors

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:30 PM PST

    I've begun moonlighting as what I think would be classified as a media manager? I'm not even certain. I'm creating instructional & demonstrational videos for inventors- editing & publishing their content. Making business cards, flyers, even designing websites & registering LLC'S. Basically anything even slightly technology related.

    My demographic seems to be the group of people that own flip phones & are computer illiterate. This all started because I know a group of inventors that have had some success in selling a few patents. They want to reach larger audiences & give a professional impression to contacts they already have for their other patents.

    My uncle asked for my help getting him ready to go to a big wig vendor show. He wanted to have content to show them. That's where I came in. I did this for free as a favor.

    Now my other uncle, who has several inventions & patents under his belt & has done amazingly well making a living off being an inventor. He did all of that with zero use of computers & technology.

    He has a new patent he is wanting to sell, he got wind that I helped his brother & wants me to do the same for him. Compensation has not come up yet other than he said he would pay me. I don't want to undersell myself & rather than getting a fee, bc I'm sure this will be a long term situation...I want a percentage of his profits. Is that crazy? If it's not, what would be a fair percentage? I was thinking like 2%. I'm not trying to be greedy, but if he reaches a larger audience & this gets him better offers, that's because of me. If he gets a 500k payday I'm gonna feel like a chump if I charged him hourly. If I'm barking up the wrong tree & hourly is the way to go, how much should I be charging?

    Advice? Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Penetrative
    [link] [comments]

    LLC or LLP?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 07:29 AM PST

    I have an LLC registered in New York 5050 owned with my wife. I'm a bit confused on whether the company is a LLC, LLP, and whether that makes any difference on taxes. I was under the impression that the taxes would pass-through the company onto myself and my spouse as the company would be treated as a disregarded entity. Is that the case?

    submitted by /u/minimumopinium
    [link] [comments]

    1 System 4 streams of income

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:27 PM PST

    Help your business grow, click link

    submitted by /u/BigDaddyBoo714
    [link] [comments]

    Change Last Name Before Creating LLC - Does It Matter?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 09:33 AM PST

    Hi all - my side business approached mid 5 figures last year and this year is also tracking well. Currently just doing invoicing to myself but want to create an LLC to take advantage of the tax write offs. The issue is, just got married and the last name change process takes a while.

    If I set up the LLC as a sole proprietorship today, would I have to file and amendment to update my name after I have my last name changed? Plan on opening a bank account and credit card too, but probably will have those in the LLCs name so no issue there.

    Curious if anyone here has been in a Similar situation and has any advice.

    Most search results are more so focused on changing the LLCs name, which is not what I'm looking for

    submitted by /u/Bluedevil2k13
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! My (17-year-old) Business Sucks!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:17 PM PST

    I started a very successful tech services business in a large city 17 years ago and almost 2 years ago I relocated to a small coastal town below GA. google ads & microsoft ads banned '3rd-party tech support companies' from running budgeted ads on their platform in 2017. While my company is 1st-party, (3rd-party is angieslist, homeadvisor etc.) in 2022, this hasn't changed. Without pay-per-click advertising, I've found no plausible way to get my services in front of my audience of affluent seniors. Organic SEO, google my business and social media pages just don't cut it. While the business is still active where I started it, I am managing it from 400 miles away and cannot penetrate this market. I would be grateful and rewarding for any steers in the right direction. This is a profitable business, but I'm stuck in an odd market due to caregiving for a family member in this are. PLEASE HELP!

    submitted by /u/Tiki-Giki
    [link] [comments]

    Resources/Course Recommendations for Service Based Business (Tattoo Shop)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:16 PM PST

    My loved one has successfully started their own tattoo shop. They perform tattoos there with two other artists who pay rent on their booths. They sell stickers, art prints, and some handmade items as well. They also have a website and social media up to generate new clients, but mostly running off of referrals and returning clients.

    They are struggling to create monthly business plans/sales forecasts. This is the first time they've ever ventured out into owning their own business at all and they've been feeling powerless in having their income relying on other people with no backup plan or plan for creating passive income.

    I feel like an online course of some kind might help them create a strategy, take some action and have some accountability/generate ownership/confidence and excitement with their business instead of feeling overwhelmed. Can anyone recommend resources or online courses that might help a service based business like a tattoo shop owner?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/One_Intention_5093
    [link] [comments]

    LLC under one name, can I create a DBA as a completely different name?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:10 PM PST

    This is in California. And can I do business solely under that DBA name, including bank account, etc?

    submitted by /u/fit_equivalent
    [link] [comments]

    App for team coordination with in app calendar?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 09:18 AM PST

    i have a small team and am looking for an app with in app calendar that team members can post to. productivity features would be nice as well!

    submitted by /u/stuari
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to pay farm workers that is tax deductible? No socials available. (Theoretical)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:03 PM PST

    Everything here is theoretical - not real life.

    Is there a way to pay farm workers that would be a tax deductible expense (ie. payroll)?

    The individuals who work farm jobs always prefer cash. Oftentimes it is impossible to hire anyone unless you pay cash. This also means they don't/won't fill out W-9s or 1099s. Oftentimes this is because they don't have social security numbers. This means these expenses are not currently tax deductible.

    Is there any way to pay these workers in cash that would still allow these expenses to be tax deductible?

    Assume 2-3 workers total with annual pay for each of these workers exceeding $600.

    submitted by /u/red_man082001
    [link] [comments]

    How many of you manage your own simple IRA?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 07:05 AM PST

    Family business with six employees. Myself aside, most of them contribute the bare minimum to get the match, but I max.

    After digging into our current plan through American funds, I'm realizing the high fees and front load costs associated with the funds that were chosen (5.75%).

    I use fidelity for my personal brokerage, and saw they offer a simple IRA

    Do any of you go this route to avoid the fees from an advisor? I feel like we're paying for the set-up, then still paying even though they're not actively managing.

    Is it worth my starting out own?

    submitted by /u/LopsidedBuy4595
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for software to start marketing my business

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 12:51 PM PST

    I have a small business and am looking to hire my first marketer soon. I need software that will allow our marketer to document the sites they go to, who they spoke with, and maybe setup a little bit of automation. I looked into salesforce but it seems a little too expansive for my needs. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/P_ARP_2
    [link] [comments]

    How to change the name of shareholder of a C-corp?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 09:00 AM PST

    I am a sole shareholder & director of a C-corp in US. I am planning to change my name, but not sure what's the process & also couldn't find any resources online.

    Does anybody know what's the process?

    submitted by /u/SamLovesNotion
    [link] [comments]

    I need a pickup point

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 11:44 AM PST

    So I'm opening a gourmet marshmallow business this Xmas. I'm planning to start out as a cottage business (and make the product in home) but the restriction on that in this state is that I can't mail the product.

    I live in a interior townhouse and anyone needs a gate code to enter, so I don't think I should have customers come to my home. But I just can't think of anything else.

    I did also look into a table at our local farmers market, but they require that some of the ingredients come from local farms, my ingredients are literally sugar and corn syrup. So that's a no-go too.

    submitted by /u/ChubbyPanda9
    [link] [comments]

    Business owners

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 11:40 AM PST

    Who has a car rental business pm me, I have questions about the industry

    submitted by /u/TwinStrapz
    [link] [comments]

    Enamel Pin Manu questions

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 11:29 AM PST

    Hi!! I have some questions about producing enamel pins, the first one being is colorfulpins a reliable manu to use? They were very kind with my questions but the lack of reviews is giving me weird vibes. has anyone used them before? If not, does anyone have a recommendation for a small batch of soft enamel pins with about 7 colors? I would like to do around 20 to start

    submitted by /u/broccolicheddarsoop
    [link] [comments]

    Moving My Tiny LLC to a New State

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 07:39 AM PST

    Hi everyone. I started a small hobby business in 2020 and operated it out of my home until mid-January of 2022. At that time, I moved to a new state. I have not dissolved the business yet, mostly because I was uncertain about the best way to go about "transferring" the LLC to the new state. From what I understand, I need to close it out in state A and restart from scratch in state B - new articles of incorporation, EIN, bank accounts, etc.

    If I could somehow operate the business from the new state while simply keeping it established in the old one, that would be grand. Taxes and bookkeeping are not my strong suit, and I'm nervous that I'll end up paying ridiculous fines and fees on a business that doesn't even net a profit should I mess something up.

    Does anyone have any experience doing this? I'd welcome any advice at all that could save me time and hassle. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SlushierTurnip4
    [link] [comments]

    POS System for a repair shop / local services

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 05:19 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I have a physical shop which repairs electronics. We have been using Shopify for a year now and I'm hoping to switch to something better.

    Shopify is aiming at online stores so we don't use 90% of the features.

    Shopfity doesn't have a booking in system. For example we book a phone in for repair but we need to disgnose it before we can bill the customer - creating orders without billing items isn't possible. We found a way around this by using "drafts" but this messes with the dates.

    Can anyone in a similar business situation recommend a POS system?

    submitted by /u/fruitgamingspacstuff
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment