• Breaking News

    Friday, February 18, 2022

    Accounting The tax pros on reddit strike again

    Accounting The tax pros on reddit strike again


    The tax pros on reddit strike again

    Posted: 18 Feb 2022 04:39 AM PST

    This sub lately...

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 02:50 PM PST

    A how to book easy enough for all ages for you aspiring accountants.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 04:34 PM PST

    I have no idea what I am doing

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 05:32 PM PST

    Accountants during busy season

    Posted: 18 Feb 2022 05:51 AM PST

    For all those thinking about entering public accounting...

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 01:48 PM PST

    Yes.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 09:21 AM PST

    I quit my job in the heat of the moment today and now I regret it

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 02:24 PM PST

    Put in my resignation and now I regret it. Went online to find another job and it reminded me of how awful the job search process is.

    submitted by /u/qst10
    [link] [comments]

    Some accountants use T accounts. I use Mr. T accounts. And my JEs always balance.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 04:13 PM PST

    I'm just an intern

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:40 PM PST

    BKD and DHG

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 12:10 PM PST

    M&A, amirite?

    Posted: 18 Feb 2022 06:45 AM PST

    Guess I'll just stream Netflix until I can get some work done...

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:18 PM PST

    The four moods of busy season

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 09:20 PM PST

    this

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 06:53 PM PST

    I don't want my CPA

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 06:02 PM PST

    I'm a senior about to graduate with my Bachelors in Accounting and a major GPA of 3.93 and the closer I get to graduation, the more I realize I really don't want to pursue a CPA license. I'm extremely particular about my grades which means studying is my entire life at the moment and it is absolutely destroying my mental health. I can't imagine going for a masters degree and a CPA license after all of this. I'd much prefer a stable industry job over public any day. I'm not the type of person who wants to be a CEO or in any kind of higher position. I just want to be comfortable and make enough to start a family. My definition of success doesn't come from my position on some career ladder. I don't want to study my life away when all it would get me is a potentially higher salary or position. As long as I make enough to be comfortable with my family, I will be happy. Just needed to get that off my chest as everyone around me recently has been pounding the idea into my head that I HAVE to get a CPA.

    submitted by /u/1dynasty1
    [link] [comments]

    When working for more than 18 hrs and you realize...

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 09:06 AM PST

    I made a major error while performing a testing procedure. It’s been reviewed but I need to speak to my manager today and own up about my mistake. I feel so dead and scared. Is it common to make mistakes? Or is it only me. I feel like I’m going to die lol

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 08:22 PM PST

    Staff Auditors asking the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 12:43 PM PST

    I work in industry as an Accounting Manager for a large publicly-traded company; I have never worked in PA so I m looking for some advice on how to reply to the questions we get.

    We use one of the Big 4 for our audits and every year we get new staff and seniors assigned to us. Every year, we have to answer the SAME questions over and over. This year, the same staff are asking the same questions quarter after quarter.

    Without being rude or offensive, how can I explain that this needs to be documented in their notes and shared in any handovers more effectively? Each year we share this same feedback to the directors and nothing ever improves.

    submitted by /u/izzabee2
    [link] [comments]

    Are PA firms still letting people go for underperformance?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 07:13 PM PST

    With the market the way it is now for accountants, why even fuck ourselves anymore? Getting fired used to be motivational fuel to work 70+ hour weeks but it seems more like a blessing in disguise now with all these well paying industry jobs I keep seeing. What if I just work 50, do a decent job still, but beyond that I guess fuck it and not stress. Probably won't meet deadlines but oh well. We're not pediatric surgeons. Little Timmy's not going terminal. I guess those regulatory agencies will just have to wait a tad longer to read two lines off the statements and throw it in the shredder. Idk you think they'd even fire me?

    submitted by /u/Ourcansauce
    [link] [comments]

    29M, CPA but no public experience, make $170k working 20 hours a week in FP&A - AMA

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 10:50 AM PST

    I thought this belonged here

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 11:53 PM PST

    Managers are chasing staff away and I'm finding it more difficult to tough out my stay in b4

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 01:47 PM PST

    For me, worse than the hours, the clients, the lack of work life balance and poor pay is management. Managers are grossly unprofessional and communicate very rudely to staff. They ask big (the usual unpaid overtime hours) but they have very little respect for us. The tone of voice when they speak to us is condescending and rude. I've asked a manager a question before and been blatantly ignored and my coworker even said that a manager left a review point on a file insulting her work ethic and saying that she doesn't care about her job (which is ridiculous because its literally there for everyone to see).

    They get frustrated and flustered when deadlines are approaching and lose all professionalism. There's no recourse with HR because what's an A1 or A2 to a senior manager and partners don't care about their attitudes once deadlines are met. There are a few good ones but it seems like they're realising that the ones with the nasty attitudes get ahead so the nice, professional ones are few and far in-between.

    I like the clients I work, I like my coworkers and I don't absolutely loathe the hours. I'm hoping to get more audit experience but leaving for another firm is scary because I may have bigger issues with clients, coworkers etc. Not sure how to make peace with superiors who have 0 respect for me.

    submitted by /u/InformalHope2599
    [link] [comments]

    Found this old email I made sure to save from my public accounting days...forgot I still had it!

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 07:08 AM PST

    Thought this would be appropriate here.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 09:29 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment