• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 5, 2022

    Accounting AMA Announcement: Creators of PBC series

    Accounting AMA Announcement: Creators of PBC series


    AMA Announcement: Creators of PBC series

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 03:40 AM PST

    We are very fortunate to have the creators of PBC, the comedy series, available on YouTube and about all the wonderful (and terrible) things we live with everyday as accountants. This AMA is planned for Monday February 7th at 6pm EST and will be hosted by Josh Sims [u/FloQastStudios] (Head of FloQast Studios), Josh Glassman [u/FQS_Productions] (Director of Production) and Mike Whitmire [u/TheInactiveCPA] (Co-Founder and CEO of FloQast Inc.).

    Hosts have been verified and should be around for a couple of hours to answer all questions PBC related. As always, please mind the sub rules, specifically rule 1, mods will be around so be good.

    submitted by /u/its-an-accrual-world
    [link] [comments]

    Black woman going into accounting. Are my small dreadlocks going to be considered unprofessional? Will I hinder my career progression with this hairstyle? (Photo attached)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:59 AM PST

    House, what do you think?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:21 AM PST

    First accounting gig, I’ve been waiting my whole life for this moment. God I love accounting. I cannot contain my excitement.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:54 AM PST

    Can you get fired for not being able to balance a balance sheet?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:26 PM PST

    This balance sheet won't freaking balance. I'm seriously considering dying. I have so much anxiety over looking like a failure. What kind of person can't get a basic balance sheet to balance? But I swear I checked every single freaking account.

    submitted by /u/Laylaonthemoon
    [link] [comments]

    Today I saw a random drunk guy at the bar and joked to my friend that he was an accountant. We met him later and confirmed he was in fact an accountant.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:38 PM PST

    Do we have a sixth sense for each other? Could I smell the sadness on him? Has this ever happened to y'all? Jared, are you on Reddit??!

    submitted by /u/This-Flamingo3727
    [link] [comments]

    Big brain moves

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 03:26 AM PST

    A meme about accounting

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 03:43 PM PST

    When you’ve submitted yet another resale certificate to a vendor and they still won’t accept it as proof so you hit them with eighty forms of documentation and “have a great weekend”

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:38 PM PST

    Relatable to Public Accounting Firms

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 01:26 PM PST

    I can't stop smelling like weed

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:10 AM PST

    I smoke weed everyday and a lot of it lol. I just got an accounting job at a church recently and things have been going great except that they keep discreetly telling me I smell like weed until finally my supervisor just told me that she was gonna have to report it to the Head Pastor/CEO. I don't smoke before work and try not to smell coming in especially after being told by my coworkers about my stench. If I don't get fired what's the best way to stop smelling like weed?

    submitted by /u/FingaMan
    [link] [comments]

    [Serious] What do you like or dislike about your job? Why?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 05:50 AM PST

    I see literally 10 posts a day complaining being at Big 4. I'm genuinely curious as to what aspects of your job you like or dislike.

    I'm an accountant for a real estate company, first job out of college, haven't taken an accounting course in 1.5 years.

    Pros: Hours are good (8-5), work is manageable, managers are very nice and helpful.

    Cons: The work can be repetitive, we are forced to go to the office even though 99% of our work is done online.

    Maybe I'm just a naïve idiot, but I just wanted to get a serious discussion instead of another post complaining.

    submitted by /u/y45y4y4qq
    [link] [comments]

    The A1 is Getting Paid More Than Me

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 01:24 PM PST

    Is it Friday already?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 11:44 PM PST

    When were you able to afford your own place?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 12:31 PM PST

    Working in Finance & Accounting, at what level of your career (& pay) were you able to buy your own place?

    Also, was it HCOL/MCOL?

    submitted by /u/healthyishaccountant
    [link] [comments]

    There are 2 types of accountants

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 01:59 PM PST

    Those who hide grid lines and those who don't.

    submitted by /u/Dramon
    [link] [comments]

    NYT Reporter - Has anyone worked for a company that monitors employee productivity?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:50 AM PST

    My name's Arya, and I'm a reporter at the New York Times. I'm digging into productivity tracking in the workplace, and I'd love to hear about your experiences with this technology.

    Some companies measure how quickly or accurately employees finish a given task, or how many tasks they complete in an hour, and assign them a score. Others may gather information on employee computers, like typing and mouse-click frequency, or webcam photos and desktop screenshots. Or companies may gather employee biometric data to determine their productivity. We're interested in it all.

    Are you familiar with any companies that use technology to track employee productivity? Maybe you were tracked in this way, managed employees using this software, or helped install or build it. Or perhaps your friend or family member told you about a similar system in their workplace. If so, I'd love to hear from you. Please DM me here or fill out the form below to help us learn more.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/01/business/worker-productivity-monitoring.html

    submitted by /u/arya_sundaram
    [link] [comments]

    Interns asking questions as soon as your status goes from yellow to green

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 10:07 PM PST

    I cried in senior managers office and he told everyone

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 06:38 PM PST

    What a piece of shit. I was having difficulty understanding the senior who got impatient with me and started mocking me as if I was slow. I got a bit emotional when I asked the senior manager to go over it (there is no supervisor/manager) and now everyone in the office knows I cried in his office.

    Learn from my lesson, and don't trust anyone in public.

    Today I had a meeting with the SM and senior and both told Me I seem "upset" but I didn't feel comfortable saying that the senior is impatient and unhelpful. The senior made zero effort to train me.

    submitted by /u/qst10
    [link] [comments]

    For some reason, I think these guys are accountants

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 12:51 PM PST

    Sneak +100

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:44 PM PST

    How to spot a dinosaur in 2022

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 04:30 PM PST

    How to spot a dinosaur in 2022

    No remote work and sit in an admitted tiny cube all day while customers berate you. They should have no problem filling this one fast.

    https://preview.redd.it/60uvc5tzswf81.png?width=745&format=png&auto=webp&s=193e728fc268224b6e99b50b31e29a2c18ae0929

    submitted by /u/prince0verit
    [link] [comments]

    job offer after starting a new role.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:27 PM PST

    Just started my new job in January, and just got another job offer for 15k more then my current salary. Is it a good idea to take the new role?

    submitted by /u/ohhhbooyy
    [link] [comments]

    Got a new offer in industry; leaving in busy season as a manager in public. What should I do?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 11:34 AM PST

    Partners going to be pissed, Seniors going to be pissed since he was riding my coat tails. The staff will probably be happy. How do I break it to the team? Why is it that partners get pensions but we don't 😒😒😒😒 I did just as much work as the partner

    submitted by /u/Ywplpw23
    [link] [comments]

    How did you force yourself to get through the becker modules?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:01 PM PST

    As the title says, how did everyone here force themselves to sit down and churn these modules out?

    submitted by /u/MiLKK_
    [link] [comments]

    When you find an immaterial misstatement

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 03:51 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment