• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 9, 2021

    Thank you Thursday! - September 09, 2021 Entrepreneur

    Thank you Thursday! - September 09, 2021 Entrepreneur


    Thank you Thursday! - September 09, 2021

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Your opportunity to thank the /r/Entrepreneur community by offering free stuff, contests, discounts, electronic courses, ebooks and the best deals you know of.

    Please consolidate such offers here!

    Since this thread can fill up quickly, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going to roast your startup marketing, website copy or SEO. Just drop your link and let's go!

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    Around a month ago, I posted this thread where I roasted 200+ of your websites.

    Unfortunately, I couldn't get around to roasting everyone before my brain power ran out...

    So I'm back!

    Just drop your website link below and I'll give you feedback on how you can improve your copy/marketing/whatever.

    Here's how this works:

    1. You drop a link to your website in the comments.
    2. Give me a scope of the roast. What do you want feedback on? Copy? SEO? Marketing?
    3. Give me any other info you think is important. E.g. "We tried SEO and it didn't work, any idea why?"

    I'll keep roastin' for the next 3-4 hours or so, so first come first serve!

    If you really really like my feedback, I'd appreciate it if you checked out my subreddit, /r/seogrowth.

    Now, let's get to roasting!

    Edit: I'm gonna take a small break, but I'll be back (in a few hours or tomorrow)! Keep them roasts coming!

    submitted by /u/malchik23
    [link] [comments]

    My first product creation journey and launch

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I thought it might be helpful to some to explain the journey of how we created a product from something I wasn't seeing from other products available at most stores.
    Mintier started from our own need while we were both working in downtown Toronto and I'm sure most of you can relate to struggling to keep your breath fresh all day long.

    I was personally commuting to and from work everyday and long days led to lots of coffee and I don't know about you, but it left me with stale taste in my mouth, and just bad breath all around.

    In 2019 I ended up getting stuck on my commute with only a pack of mints in my bag. I grabbed the mints, took a handful trying to get that fresh breath feeling, and just happened to look at the ingredients for the first time ever and there it was... the culprit to why these mints have never really worked.

    WOW SUGAR! Did you know that sugar is a leading cause of bad breath and the main ingredient in traditional mints? No wonder they've never worked before! They are basically just candy!

    It became our mission to take the sugar out of mints. I originally took to the kitchen to experiment with recipes and try to make a sugar-free mint, but sugar is the binding ingredient even though it's so bad for your oral health, so ultimately nothing was working.

    We hired a Food Chemist to help us with our research and development and told him that we wanted to focus on natural ingredients that are good for oral health and absolutely no sugar or sugar alcohols. He bluntly told us there's no way that he could bind those ingredients together and it would only work if it was oil-based.

    That was our "aha" moment! We searched and it looked like we were going to be the first company to create an oil-based breath mint, which was a no-brainer once you tasted it.

    Mintier is the world's first oil-based breath mint and it actually works. Seriously- you have never tasted anything like this. Finally, we created something that gives you long-lasting fresh breath.

    If you're wondering how long it lasts - it's up to 60 minutes per serving with over 120 servings in one bottle. Let's be honest, how long does a pack of mints really last you? Our 30 ml tincture bottle is your on-the-go fresh breath for up to 4 weeks at a time. Mintier is proudly sugar-free, vegan, keto-friendly, and Made in Canada.

    We recently completed Arlene Dickinson's VenturePark Labs Accelerator Program over the course of 6 months, bringing our sugar-free mint idea to life!

    Check us out on Kickstarter to get early-bird pricing for the world's first oil-based breath mint, Mintier!

    Wish us luck!

    submitted by /u/kensav
    [link] [comments]

    I am an EE student and I have slowly but surely devoting my free time towards building an automatic plant growing system. I'm inching closer and closer to market but I still don't know how or where I'll get that first customer & when I'll actually transition from perpetual R&D to a legit business.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 04:41 AM PDT

    I managed to squeeze most of what I've been trying to say in the title.

    What i've got atm;

    • Registered business & domain name (growsimple.co.nz)
    • A friend who is helping be build an IoT dashboard.
    • 1st iteration hardware design
    • A decent chunk of the software completed.
    • Relations with an investment team who can possibly provide small funding down the line, in the meantime, they push and prod me in the right direction

    I still have to go through intergration hell and get the device paired up with the user dashboard. There are small problems such as, how does a user onsell the device to another? The answer is I don't care about this yes but there are still many small problems.

    What I don't have is;

    • A functional website / storefront. (no online sales for a device that requires the web???, I do have experience with wordpress but I'm focusing MVP not marketing atm.)
    • A good grasp of who my customer is. (Many people express the problem I'm trying to solve but they might not always be the people to buy my product)
    • An understanding of the true cost of my product. (only napkin calculations)
    • Revenue.

    As crazy as it sounds, my battle plan is to go to farmers markets, bring my portable garden along and just introduce the product to people who love fresh produce. Grannies who dont want to do the marathon that is watering the garden every day. Families that are simply to busy to worry about another thing. Individuals like myself who struggle to integrate fresh food into their diets due to price constraints.

    I tried youtubing how to go to market and how to take a product to market. There was so much drop shipping shit it was not funny. I feel that come this summer (3 months time) I'll eventually reach the peak that is the mountain I've been climbing this year. I've considered that as I approach that point that marketing will be easier as I'll have a physical / software product to demonstrate but I feel like I can and should be generating hype before I've got something to sell. Even if I'm blowing money on localised facebook ads, I feel like anything is better than nothing in this space.

    But yeah... I have direction going into the next 3 months but once the project is done and marketable, that's the end of my direction. If there is any content / advice people can prescribe that would be great.

    submitted by /u/mrSilkie
    [link] [comments]

    Who here truly went from zero to one? I want to hear your story

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    I'm interested to hear stories from people who went from zero to one with no big influx of investment. How did you spin up a business from nothing and start making money?

    submitted by /u/LL112
    [link] [comments]

    Entrepreneur looking for advice on how to sell my IT Consulting Business

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Hello, over the last 6 years I have built my IT Consulting Business (DevOps, Cloud, Agile Transformation, Digital Transformation, Digital Apps) into a $3M annual revenue business, on track to do $3.5-$4M in 2022. We are an Inc. 5000 listed company and have secured some strong Fortune 100 clients in various industries. Our operational overhead is lean and the business is setup to run as lean as possible. I am now interested in investigating selling the business in order to pursue other things including spending more time with my family, etc. What do you recommend would be good places to start in terms of finding potential buyers, etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/nicolasram
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know where to begin or what I need.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    I got the idea to brand different leather products with custom initials and designs and sale them on Etsy or even Amazon for some extra cash. The problem I quickly found was that I need to buy wholesale to make any profit doing this.

    The only solution Im seeing to be able to buy wholesale products is to create and register business, aquire licenses, and etc, and aquire a wholesale buying license to be able to do so in Tennessee if I read correctly.

    I didn't know if this is the only way, or if there was an alternate route that Im not seeing. I'm by no means an expert on any of this and hoping to find help here. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JerretSmith
    [link] [comments]

    Best YT channels/people to follow for entrepreneur advice.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    Hello all.

    So who do you suggest?I am not looking for some cheerleader/snakeoil salesman/motivational speaker but someone who has been down this path and what they have learnt.

    submitted by /u/ConsiderationLow5797
    [link] [comments]

    Offering free website audits, looking at optimization/speed, SEO, accessibility, and little tweaks to help.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    I do web design & development and have a few startups ive started. I'd like to offer to audit your site for free. I usually charge $100 to do this but thought I'd offer it here for a huge discount as a thanks. Just comment your site and maybe what you've been struggling with lately and I'll see how I can help.

    My website is https://websitesbytrevor.com which scores very high on the metrics I use. My goal is to help people boost their scores closer to mine. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Saaswebdev
    [link] [comments]

    Moving Company startup question: Two average questions every owner should know, but I don't. So please help :)

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    1. How do I accept deposits from customers who book over the phone, what would be the best process ?

    2. I'm in the process of scaling to two crews with the way demand for the service is increasing, I trust workers but it'll be a hard thing to figure out or implement once I have 4 or more crews, so the question is how do collect payments at the end of the jobs safely without me being there? I'm talking payments comes directly to the company. I dont want the customer paying an employee. So what would be the best solution to this or a good idea ?

    submitted by /u/saintrel
    [link] [comments]

    Did you ever worry about starting a business in a niche that was already oversubscribed and had major heavy-weight competitors within it and who were already established?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    What made you take the jump in the end? How did you initially fare when going up against those competitors? What steps did you take in carving out your own respectable niche?

    submitted by /u/prankster999
    [link] [comments]

    How to find startups I can be a technical founder for?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 12:04 PM PDT

    I have my own adventures but I thought it might be a good idea to instead of founding startups on my own, to find someone else doing exactly that and help more on the technical side. I guess a CTO or something. Does anyone have advice on finding people that could use a technical co-founder? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/plasmaSunflower
    [link] [comments]

    I will create a product tour for your SaaS website - Today and tomorrow

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    Hey Guys,

    If you are a startup founder or a single/two person marketing team, then I want to help you.

    Today and tomorrow, I will create an interactive clickthrough product tour for your website. As simple as that. You can view an example on our home page (Snackwyze dot com)

    Here is how it works:

    1. Send me the link your website/product
    2. I will need access to either your software along with a video of you explaining how your software works
    3. Any current messaging document you may have
    4. Thats it !

    I will try to do as many as I can in the next couple of days. I am guessing I may be able to help first 10-15 folks who respond.

    Thank you and take care

    Neeraj - Founder of Snackwyze

    submitted by /u/Andy_snackwyze
    [link] [comments]

    Question / Help: Doing a Pilot on Asset Management --> focused on retirement (Long Term), but I have no clue on what fees to charge. More details in the post.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    Let me start off by saying: if this is not the right place to post a question / seeking for advice on a topic like this, please forgive me. A reference on what would be a more suitable sub would be highly appreciated.

    So, let's get started: I've come to notice that very few friends and acquaintances are invested for various reason, or they just have no idea what they're doing. That's why I'm doing a pilot on investment education, with the focus on investing for the long-term / retirement.

    As an extra optional service, I'll be offering "Asset Management" (if that's the right term): Pension Investing, Index Funds, Precious Metals, Real Estate (in the form of REITs), Crypto, basically whatever the client wants (important to note is that I won't be giving investment advice, but the goal of the education is making people aware and hopefully help them make well-balanced decisions).

    Now, my main goal here is to educate the people. It's what I like, it's what I love.

    The goal of the "Asset Management" part isn't to make huge amounts of money, but it's still a service that I'd like to offer for reasonable fees. I like it, but I still value my own time investment.

    I have someone that is quite excited and we're about to start a pilot in ~2 weeks. However, he asked me to think about the fee structure --> which I have no clue about on what's fair (keeping in mind the previous paragraph).

    My services will include:

    - Asset Management

    - Answering any educational / informative questions they may have

    - Monthly Performance Report

    - Monthly Newsletter including the latest trends, things to consider, etc.

    Some fee structure options that I'm considering:

    - Flat fee

    - Management fee as a % of the whole portfolio

    - Performance Fee

    - High-Water Mark

    - Sliding Scale Comission

    - Or; a combination of 2 or more of the above

    As said, I'm looking for advice how to structure the fees in a fair way, but that it still rewards me for my own time investment.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/wubyeeZ
    [link] [comments]

    How we cured our startup business cancer: Customer churn

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    TL;DR: Watch the video version

    Customer churn is cancer for a SaaS company. Overlooking it has been the single biggest mistake our company made, and the closest we've ever been to going out of business. Churn is a silent killer that slowly but surely will eat away your business.

    You can cure it if you catch it early on, but if you let your customer churn problem go unchecked, it will kill your startup.

    We learned this the hard way.

    Some Context

    Let me give some context on how we found ourselves there: between 2015 and 2016 our company grew REALLY fast. We 5x'd our subscriptions in just 12 months and everyone was really excited.

    In 2016 we raised the second part of our seed round, and it was the easiest money I've ever raised; it was obvious that we were onto something, and the diligence process with all of our investors went pretty smoothly. There was inevitable FOMO.

    And I remember one investor came to us saying they were going to pass because our customer churn was too high. At that point, nobody paid much attention, and let me show you why.

    Nobody was paying attention

    You'll see that we were adding $6,000 to $7,000 in new subscriptions every month. In the second half of 2016, that grew to $10-$12,000 in new MRR every month, which again, got everyone really excited.

    We were consistently adding $4-$5K in new Monthly recurring revenue (or MRR), and moving fast towards the $1 million dollars in Annual Run Rate milestone.

    By the way, I am fast-tracking through some of this terminology, assuming that you have already understood them. If you haven't, please check our SaaS metrics article. I promise you it will help you make sense of all this.

    So the big numbers of new customers made us ignore the number of LOST customers. If you are only focused on that pretty, growing, MRR chart- it's very easy to miss what's happening under the hood.

    So let me show you what we did to fix it. The first part was understanding the why.

    Why do we get customer churn?

    In general, people cancel because they are not getting enough value out of a subscription, not enough to justify the price. Period.

    You can talk all you want about onboarding, aha moments and cancellation flows, it all comes down to value obtained vs price. The more value you bring, the more money you can get away with charging.

    I get that question a lot: what should be the pricing of a SaaS product? From the retail world, we are accustomed to thinking about margins: we markup the manufacturing price to generate profits.

    In software, it's very different. Software is very cheap to operate, so we could very much leave money on the table if we aren't aggressive about pricing.

    My take here is, the pricing should be as much as we can charge. Simple. You find that number by testing, there is no way to guess it, and user interviews or surveys are definitely not going to give you a final answer.

    But balancing those two variables- value obtained and the price is one of the most complex challenges to solve for SaaS products.

    Value

    So let's talk about value first.

    The value that a customer gets from a product can be affected by,

    • 1- Onboarding: if you are not explaining well what the tool does, then customers won't extract enough value out of it; because maybe they don't know-how.
    • 2- The UX or user experience: the interface. If the customer can't find what they are looking for, or if they find the experience frustrating. We are willing to forgive UX hiccups, but only up to a certain point.
    • 3- What's the alternative: how much of a better experience are you giving them versus the alternative.Simply, how useful the tool is in their day-to-day. Are they using it daily? Weekly?

    Some examples from our own book: we use Intercom for our messaging, onboarding emails, support, and newsletters- and it's over $5,000/mo for us. It's one of our most expensive SaaS platforms- but we couldn't live without it: the alternative just doesn't have the features, so we'd have to mix different tools… and it would still cost somewhere in that range.

    Another service that has locked us for life is ChartMogul: it's the platform you've been seeing when we refer to our SaaS metrics. We've been tracking our SaaS KPIs there for years, the set of features gives us what we need and we don't want to go through the process of migrating all this data elsewhere. It's a lot of data.

    • 4- Another variable you might have noticed here is how hard it is to leave. For B2B software you want to find something that embeds deeply in the work pipeline of your customers so that they depend on your tool. Those are the companies that thrive. Look at Slack, or heck, look at Microsoft Office.

    You can also see this in consumer products. I recently migrated from Spotify to Apple Music, on their Apple One plan- and it was a tough call, mostly because of the work required or the fear of losing some of my playlists.

    So your focus as a founder or product manager (you are probably going to be both for a while) is creating a product that adds clear value to your customer's lives. It can't be just a 'nice to have'; ideally, it should be an 'I can't live without this relationship.

    And there are a lot of ways you can measure this.

    Understand Churn reasons

    First, you want to ask them. Get into conversations with your customers. I do probably 20–30 user calls a month, and that gives me a qualitative view, and as much as those calls are focused on helping them in whatever way I can, I'm taking notes. I'm asking which features they have found or haven't found- or which ones are they using more frequently.

    For a more quantitative measure, there's a little survey you can use. You've probably seen it before. 'How disappointed would you be if you could no longer use Slidebean'?.

    Another standardized measure is NPS surveys (which stands for Net Promoter Score). The question here is 'How likely are you to recommend Slidebean to a friend?' and a 0–10 meter.

    Any answer below 6 is considered bad, so that's -1 point. Answers between 7 and 8 are considered average, so neutral. The only answers that really speak passion about the product are 9s and 10s.

    So with the sum of your NPS answer should give you a number, usually between 20–40. 40+ is considered great, 70+ is considered World Class.

    All of these indicators can be considered predictions for customer churn. What we do is we pull this data into ChartMogul so we can look at at the aggregated data based on their NPS score, and understand the likelihood of one of these groups churning, or our effectiveness month over month at getting people to give us a 9/10 vs as 7/ 8.

    Last but not least, you can simply ask them why they are leaving. You've seen this quite a lot in cancellation flows. This is valuable information, but with a big catch, there's not much you can do about it. If a user has canceled your chances of re-engaging with them are slim.

    What you can use, is to plug those reasons into your data and study why they are canceling.

    In our case, most of the cancellations we saw in 2016 could be summarized as 'I like your product, I just don't need it anymore.

    And that was painful to hear. The story was consistent, I can still see it in my 2016 nightmares: 9 or 10 NPS score, great customer satisfaction, but 'I just don't need to make presentations anymore'.

    But that answer will be different from company to company. You might be getting complaints on missing features or bugs, and those are generally easier to tackle, easier to address- because the customers are telling you what's driving them away. Again, as long as you are taking the time to track it.

    But our cancelation reason reflected a deeper, more fundamental problem with our product. This was combined with the fact that our second most common reason for the cancellation was too expensive.

    So we figured, well, maybe playing around with pricing was the solution. And boy were we wrong. I like to call this stage of our process 'half measures'. Because I love Breaking Bad and it's the best TV series ever made and half measures, we learned later, were not enough.

    Half Measures / Pricing / Going more expensive

    Remember, two variables affect customer churn and retention: value and pricing.

    We have experimented with pricing A LOT. Started at $4.99, then went to $29/mo, then to $79/mo.

    Our biggest lesson from all of this is that when converting, people are less sensitive to pricing than you might think. One of our biggest breakthroughs back, when we were starting the company, was that we discovered that the number of people converting to a $4.99/mo plan, vs an annual-only, $160/yr plan- was pretty similar.

    The conversion rate was only slightly affected with the latter pricing, and we of course made a lot more money… with a year's subscription upfront, no less.

    And while the number of subscribers was reduced, we still saw a decent amount of people picking that option.

    But the real problem: Customer churn, would come a couple of months later.

    The new higher pricing spiked customer churns to 25%. People were sort of accepting the new pricing to convert, but they were really sensitive about it and would cancel one or two months later. Of course. The value this product was bringing was not $79 worth.

    Again, we thought only power presenters would pick that plan, but that wasn't the case.

    Even worse, our NPS score dropped a lot. People were suddenly more sensitive to bugs and stuff that they couldn't solve, and they expected more hands-on support.

    One detail we did not foresee here was how much revenue shifted from recurring, to non-recurring. We had to chase those sales every month, and a bad month would seriously endanger our runway.

    Going cheaper: Great idea or big mistake?

    After a failure in that approach, we considered going with lower pricing. We came up with a plan we called Starter, which was priced at $12/mo.

    And that is also kind of work. Churn on the $12/mo plan was better, under 10% for the first time in a while… but the next problem is lifetime value and cash flow.

    On a $79/mo plan with 20% customer churn, your average lifetime value per customer is $395. That means the average customer stays on the platform for about 5 months. But more importantly for cash flow, you collect $395 in 5 months.

    Now don't get me wrong, that level of customer churn will kill any business, but at that time we were acquiring customers for about $50. So we spend $50, we recover them in the first month, and then we make $345 worth of profit within the next 5 months.

    On a $12/mo plan with a 5% churn rate, your lifetime value is $240. It's less. And worse than that, it takes you 20 months to make that money. It takes you 4 months to recover the $50 you spent bringing that customer in.

    So we had sort of solved the churn problem, but the pricing created other serious cash flow problems.

    The lesson with these pricing changes is,

    • Experiment, yes; but
    • Always keep in mind how it will affect your cash flow and your other metrics.

    Your job as CEO is not running out of money. In our case, these metrics broke our profitability but in a company looking to raise funding, they could affect the story you are telling investors.

    The good thing is we learned A LOT from the behavior of our customers. And it allowed us to eventually solve the problem.

    Other Half Measures

    By the way, pricing experiments weren't the only effort we were making to improve retention.

    1- We set up an aggressive dunning campaign: dunning emails are used to re-engage with customers that churn, both voluntarily and involuntarily.

    Voluntary customer churn comes from people that canceled. The involuntary churn comes from people whose credit cards failed or expired and failed to update them. It churns either way, but you tackle it differently.

    2- We also iterated a lot over our onboarding process, both visually and with emails. We became really good at getting great open rates, which we achieved by sending really personalized (but automated) emails that included details from the customer's activity on the platform.

    Those are good efforts, and we could accurately measure how much churn was stopped thanks to those, but it was not enough.

    Full Measures

    What we had failed to see through all these years, through all these experiments, was that our problem was a product-market-fit problem.

    Product-Market-Fit is this elusive achievement for startups: it happens when you find the ideal balance between product and target audience. When you find that sweet spot, suddenly your marketing starts working better, your NPS gets higher and your retention goes up. A very Cinderella moment.

    And once again, the answer, oftentimes, is in the data.

    When we set out to build Slidebean we created this alternative approach to designing presentations, content first, automated design. We thought of it as a platform that a lot of different types of customers could use: it worked for teachers and professors, it worked for sales teams, for consultants, for marketers, and for account executives. Essentially anyone who needed to present often and who cared that those presentations looked good.

    While we didn't know what the customers were doing on the platform (because we don't have access to their slides) we could still see what templates they were picking. So we could classify them as startups, marketers, salespeople, academic use.

    And lo and behold how our churn numbers were drastically different for the startup group. They were staying longer, using the platform more, rating us better on NPS scores!

    This was the beginning of a company-wide pivot.

    Over the course of the next few months, we embraced how the ideal use for Slidebean seemed to be 'pitch decks'. That required us to refocus our marketing (into something like these videos) and even to refocus the product, re-do and re-name some features.

    These customers were already, clearly, better customers for us than the rest. So now it was just a matter of improving the experience. Doubling down.

    So aside from features and marketing, we made a key change in our business model after we understood who the audience was. If you are using Slidebean for pitch decks… Why would you have a monthly product?

    Pitching investors is not a monthly thing. You don't make a pitch and are done and finished raising money in 30 days. Or in 60 days. Raising a round takes, easily, 6 months… So what if instead of thinking of months, our pricing reflected the length of the fundraising process.

    That would have made up for 6 months or 9-month plans, but in the end, we settled for 12 months. An annual plan that would make sure founders were covered for the whole extent of the fundraising process.

    So we switched to annual-only plans. And you might think we are just cheating on customer churn: forcing people into a 12-month commitment vs the ability to cancel monthly. But if that were the case, then the retention at the 13th month would be similar to the monthly plans, right?

    Well, we improved that by about 4x. The number of customers that were still with us after their first chance to leave, was 4x higher than with monthly plans?

    The reasons behind that are a complex combination of variables that we probably haven't fully understood yet.

    It certainly has to do with us having more time to make sure they get value out of the product. It definitely has to do with customers having more time to use the product, more time to get more presentations into the platform, and making canceling a tougher choice.

    And the change is not without its set of problems. We know the conversion barrier is high, we know the pricing is steep for customers outside the US, and trust me, we are trying to figure it out.

    So the lesson of all of this is, don't be afraid to experiment- but use your data to make better decisions.

    submitted by /u/slidebean_blog
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Entrepreneurs: what are the boilerplate assumptions you write into custom software development statements of work?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    A small business owner friend is developing software for another business and he wants to make sure he is protected. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/GArockcrawler
    [link] [comments]

    Found the case when Lean Startup could save Polimobile startup

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    Polimobile was launched in 2011 with the aim of letting politicians reach potential supporters across the US. However, the product failed as nobody wanted to pay for a service like this when there were other successful campaigning methods that could be used.

    The founder admitted that he hadn't asked his target audience if they would pay for the service, and if so, how much they were willing to pay.

    Found it here:

    https://blog.urlaunched.com/lean-startup-development-mobile-app-checklist/

    submitted by /u/one_ivan
    [link] [comments]

    Taking my small business online

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    I own 2 local device repair shops and the third will be open sometime next year. We get a decent amount of traffic to our site at the moment so I feel like I can capitalize by selling phones/accessories online. My website was built in Shopify so it won't be hard to add products to the site.

    What all should I consider before making this move? Right now the only thing holding me back is some capital but here in a few months I think we will have enough to have a comfortable stock. [website](www.techfourtech.com)

    submitted by /u/businessguy47
    [link] [comments]

    Airbnb Rental business - What are some good US locations to own a property?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    What are some of the good US locations to own Airbnb rental properties? Ideally should be able to pick up a property for less than 500k

    submitted by /u/Expert-Guitar5350
    [link] [comments]

    Did any specific classes help you set up a successful business?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 10:47 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about picking up some free courses or applying for some individual college classes in order to broaden my knowledge base in the areas of business management, business law, and marketing. Were there any courses that you've taken that have thoroughly helped you in your entrepreneurial ventures or business creation?

    submitted by /u/afos2291
    [link] [comments]

    I bet you have a lot of important files in Google Drive that you shared and then forgot to protect

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    I bet you have a lot of important files in Google Drive that you shared and then forgot to protect.

    Scary, I know. Especially when your business depends on these files.

    Recently I figured out that anyone can find our P&L via web search. How? Two years ago I made the file «available to anyone» for a day to show it to a few colleagues I was asking advice from.

    A quick investigation opened my eyes. I have thousands of files shared with people I don't work with anymore. Many files are visible to anyone I shared links with due to sharing settings.

    So I spend an evening creating a Google Sheets template that scans my Google Drive and collects all the shared files with information like «Sharing access», «Who can edit the file», «Who can view or comment in the file».

    Here is how you can use it to run a security audit for your Google Drive:

    1. Copy the template I made https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pr4I1eSVJyruGThS8G6uwJ3qcYz61b5nLFeEDsC6H7U/copy
    2. Click «Start Scanner» to authorize with your account
    3. Once done, click «Start Scanner» again to scan

    How secure is this? When you make a copy of the template it starts working in your Google Sheets. No outside servers are involved.

    submitted by /u/andygorezkyi
    [link] [comments]

    How would you search for a technical co-founder? I don't know anybody suitable.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    How would start looking for technical co-founders? It would be in the blockchain-space.

    submitted by /u/VLADIMIROVIC_L
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for side-business ideas.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    Hello, if this post is against the rules Feel free to delete.

    Im looking for a side business that i Can take Care of in my spare time. Prefer a service buisness where i dont have to invest much. By service i mean service within my field. The economy is booming and want to get out there and now.

    My background. Education toolmaker, tool constructer and Education in operation produktion. Currently works as a tool designer (progressive tools). 3D cad designs.

    I cant work for own custemors on weekends like fx. An electrician, a mechanic or carpenter Can. My profession is pretty much strictly for the metal industri and not the private consumer. Which makes it super deficult to take my "skill" to use, unless i would fx. Go full time consulent or something simelar to that. Also im not looking for an ekstra job as this would count as "b" income". The benefit should be higher or eventually end up higher than my normal hour salery.

    Pretty much im just asking if some people Got some great ideas. Maybe you also work in the metal Industry and know of smart buisness models. Im not asking for a product to develop but simply a consept where i Can earn money from my knowhow in the field.

    So far my own ideas have been to offer service for smaller companies. Make simple 3D design and drawings for Them. Or Excel schemes. pretty much stuff they would not have time for Them self. In practice i have deficult seeing this would work since i work in Day hours and visiting a Company for introduktion to a projekt would be too late as everyone would have gone home for the Day.

    Let me hear if you guys Got some ideas. If not thx for Reading.

    Have a great Day!

    submitted by /u/Alext_89
    [link] [comments]

    Furniture Assembly Business - No booking on website - What am I doing wrong ??

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I started a furniture assembly business. I built a site with fixed pricing and the ability to schedule myself or a technician and book online. I've been promoting on Facebook and using Google ads and I booked only one gig in a month. I'm trying to figure what I'm doing wrong. 🤔

    So, my Google ads I know needs improvmen. But I mean - "zero booking improvement" ? I don't think so.

    The fb ad is out there too but zero bookings.

    I'm thinking maybe I'm not getting hits because people do not "trust" my site.

    Essentially - people are not used to booking a handyman without calling the person, vetting the handyman out, haggling with the handyman and making an appointment and then complaining about the service because the handyman is overwhemed, prices are not fixed and the scope of the work is all over the place.

    The site eliminates all that stuff I just mentioned above, but people are not used to it.

    To counter that, I think I'm going to add a phone number. I've purposely not added in so I can focus on building a business but that doesn't seem to be working.

    I was also thinking of adding a video to help people understand why this is a great service and how to use it.

    But maybe there is something else I'm not doing correctly from either thr marketing end of the website end ??

    So here is the site www.iwillbuildit.ca. Use postal code H3X 1R8 and give me constructive criticism.

    Also - budget is an issue. I'm doing everything as inexpensively as I can - so - please do not say - Hire a marketing agency. If anyone wants to lend a hand - by all means - I'm here.

    submitted by /u/martymcfly9888
    [link] [comments]

    Tool to track prices?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 02:53 AM PDT

    Any suggestion on a tool I can use to track prices?

    Receive my pricelists in excel format from my suppliers (two of them) every week. Have around 20,000 items to track.

    Would like to use track the price movements over time, compare supplier prices, visualise things on a graph, etc...

    Any tips? :)

    submitted by /u/Il-Malti
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment