• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 2, 2021

    Thank you Thursday! - September 02, 2021 Entrepreneur

    Thank you Thursday! - September 02, 2021 Entrepreneur


    Thank you Thursday! - September 02, 2021

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Your opportunity to thank the /r/Entrepreneur community by offering free stuff, contests, discounts, electronic courses, ebooks and the best deals you know of.

    Please consolidate such offers here!

    Since this thread can fill up quickly, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    New Job Board

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    Per the request of the community, we will be hosting a Job board for our members. This free platform will allow our members to post start-up-related jobs. If you're hiring, you're encouraged to link your company to our job board.

    This is a soft launch, if anyone would be so kind to list a job or two, we seek to stress-test the process.

    Job Board: https://pallet.xyz/list/rentrepreneur/jobs

    If anyone has suggestions, recommendations, or feedback, please share kindly below.

    submitted by /u/FITGuard
    [link] [comments]

    This life is scary af

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    I started a business in August 2020. In 2020, my total sales were 1.9 million and I made several years income. I've never taken a business course, never had employees before. I've been plagued by a partner who doesn't want to work, tries to do a little as possible, my own insecurities, mental fatigue, burn out, relationship problems, the effects that come with aging and some health problems, lost a very dear friendship, found some of my friends are secretly and opportunistically greedy, and that I need to always be steering my ship because people, even intelligent people, will run the whole thing off a cliff if given the chance. I'm expanding my markets, possibly to other states, possibly to Mexico, have hit multiple dead ends, had competitors beat me to my markets by a few days, dealt with greedy Realestate agents, unreliable businesses and services, been on the phone till midnight, answer texts and phone calls at 6:30am. I've meet many very talented business owners and made good friends. I swing from feeling like the biggest chest pounding alpha silverback to feeling like a imposter faker whose just making it up as I go. I sometimes wake up with a blast of adrenaline in a sweaty mess. All the while I keep my business face and stay on for the team. I have no help financially. Saved all my own nest egg, have no one to call if I fail and wonder if this is all worth it or if I should have just become a police officer and taken my vacations and collected my pension. This is a hard path and I'm not close to being done. Just venting. Good luck to us all.

    submitted by /u/mayoissandwichpus
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have experience with Jon Mac’s courses?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 06:23 AM PDT

    So I came across his videos on Youtube and a 2-hour video which made me interested in his programs. I am contemplating starting a business and I need all the help I can find. I have a question though. Do you need to purchase CommerceHQ as well if you get Jon Mac's course? After paying the $997 joining fee, how much do I need to prepare as an investment capital to get started? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/GrantleyCarson
    [link] [comments]

    Spotting gaps in the Market - how you should do it?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 05:43 AM PDT

    14 years old in need of an efficient payment system.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    I'm 14, in secondary school in Canada and I sell food/drink at school. I can sell up to 100$ a single day but my problem is when it comes to e-transfer. They are long and not worth it for 3/4$.

    I need an efficient wait to get paid by card/phone, I tried multiple POS system but they need some id. I'm left with not much option when it comes to getting paid by the students who don't carry cash.

    submitted by /u/Nico09131
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram Tips I wish I knew earlier

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 04:22 AM PDT

    After working with Instagram influencers and businesses with 30k- 500k+ followers and monitoring algorithm for 5+ years. Here are my tips for you to grow on Instagram.

    1. Explore page reach depends on consistency and community. I see lots of people say that create unique content and that's the mistake because explore page ranks relatable and similar. So, you need to create improved content for the same topic and then after you that with consistency. Then, you should post unique content. For Ex- At start, most meme pages post viral memes even though they are old because that helps with explore reach and then when they reach a level. They start posting new original memes.
    2. Instagram lives are the best investment you can do to grow followers. Most users ignore Instagram lives but it's the best. Celebrities and big influencers randomly accept requests from followers to join. So, you can most of the people are open to add others to Instagram live. That's why when other creators in your niche go live. Join them and request to join them or you can connect with them in DMs and then go live on certain day. Instagram live is the way to get quick followers like user will click on your Instagram just after joining if you are dropping value in the live.
    3. Instagram hashtags work best on single images. After studying 1000+ posts, all I can say that hashtags work best on single images and multiple image posts (carousels) rank better on explore page.
    4. Use Instagram hashtags, according to no. of likes on your last 5 posts and no. Of likes on hashtags top 5 posts. If the difference is bigger than 50-70, then the hashtag is not optimised for your post. As, you don't have the amount of engagement required for hashtag.
    5. Create IG groups with your creator friends and loyal followers because that will help you with your content style. They will tell you what they liked about your new posts and what is missing. But they will join only if you show them that they are important to you and mean something.
    6. Instagram reels go viral when you follow formats. Every niche on Instagram have a format for reels. You can easily notice that when you scroll through Rees. Research and find that format, then create Reels consistently within that formats with value.
    7. Instagram IGTV is dead, you will end up getting less engagement. Instagram has neglected this feature as you can see their is no updates and news regarding this feature.
    8. Collaborations are must! We all know organic reach on Instagram is a Problem but I think building connections with other creators and then collaborating for posts will help you a lot. While shoutouts don't seem to work, collaboration posts help a lot because I myself grew 500+ followers in a day with 1 collaboration with big creator in my niche. So, collaborations are must!
    9. Instagram Bio is better when it's short because then people will move to your posts section faster and that posts will make them follow you not that long bio.
    10. Make your content easy to understand for even a 10 years Old child. Then, always make your caption focus on the reader like use "you" instead of "I" because "I" makes people feel they are out of conversation and it's not about them.
    11. To keep your account safe, run Instagram ad for one-time because you will get access to Facebook business help centre and then you can talk to Facebook employee if something is wrong with your Instagram.
    12. Consistency is really important because on most of the accounts I saw that posts started reaching more people through home when I was consistent.

    Stay tuned for part-2 or check more tips at @jaskaransainiz ( https://instagram.com/jaskaransainiz/ )on IG

    submitted by /u/lazymentors
    [link] [comments]

    wantrepreneur enters the arena

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    after years of sitting on the sidelines with too many side project fantasies, i finally took the plunge and launched my first product!

    have only made two sales so far but damn does it feel good to be in the arena!

    i hope all wantrepreneurs out there get to feel this way someday. keep up the dreams and make moves before you're ready!!

    submitted by /u/stxsmith
    [link] [comments]

    Offering Social Media And Marketing Service for Absolutely Free

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    Hey ! I'm Kush. I run a small Digital marketing agency. As the title suggests I'm offering free social media and media buying service for absolutely free.

    Social media service include - • Growing you a strong community • Building brand presense • Building brand authority • Best practices to grow your business on social media

    Marketing - • Paid and free marketing both • Plarforms- Facebook,Google, YouTube, instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, snapchat , and other small networks.

    Additional Services - We also offer some additional services like website creation, logo and banner creation and preparing marketing plans. If you decide to work with us you might get some of these services for absolutely free.

    Why It's Free ? I'm offering this service for free just to create connections and buisness relations. That all I get.

    Btw we have 5+ years of experience so we know what we're talking about.

    Its free only for the first 5 people to contact me

    submitted by /u/0Goodkush0
    [link] [comments]

    What Information Products Have You Bought?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 08:49 AM PDT

    I've spent the last couple of years building websites and selling them, and it's been a great source of side-hustle income for me. My sites are top-notch, and each contains hundreds of articles of content that my team has worked hard on.

    I'm looking to switch it up, though, because I'm seeing a lot of people selling information courses, and it seems like a lot less effort, with a lot more income. So I'm curious--what kind of expensive information courses have you bought? Or even heard of? I want to get into this space, but I'm not sure what I have to offer, and I'm looking for ideas.

    Here's an example: my wife recently bought an $500 course on how to market your artwork and copyright patterns you've created. It's about 25 videos, an ebook, and a Facebook group with a community to ask questions. It's a great course--my wife has already sold one of her designs--but that's the kind of information product I'm talking about.

    So I'm curious: what have you all bought/seen?

    submitted by /u/Message_10
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here have a degree in business?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    I'm considering either pursuing a degree in computer science or business and economics. Both topics interest me and I can't decide between the two. Does anyone here have a degree in either major? Is it beneficial to have studied business and economics/computer science to become an entrepreneur? (Obviously yes, but to what degree?) Thanks for any feedback! :)

    submitted by /u/Adamanos
    [link] [comments]

    My chrome extension SaaS is profitable

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 10:30 AM PDT

    I have been trying different small side projects over the past few months.

    That's when I decided to go into the Instagram growth niche. So I developed a simple bot just to try out this space after seeing a lot of outdated bots.

    And with 0 marketing its been growing steadily. Currently makes $300 MRR. I have been fantazing of selling it and jumping onto the next project.

    submitted by /u/BennPattinson
    [link] [comments]

    How one smart virtual assistant made a small fortune

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 01:42 AM PDT

    Hi r/Entrepreneur! I used to post on this sub a few years ago but then I got busy and couldn't recover my old reddit account. Now that I have some free time I really wanted to talk about Automation again and decided to try this post!

    Many years back i made my first post on automation ( If you're not using automation you're wasting your time and money) and got a fantastic response (And, full disclosure, a few customers too). Today I'd like to talk about my favorite automation story.

    Disclosure: Together with my father I run three small businesses and also work as a freelance automation developer . Both of my businesses are highly automated and I've helped over 30 clients save more than a combined 100+ hours every day.

    If you'd like to read some of my previous posts, please check them out here:

    The problem

    I had a very old friend that worked as a virtual assistant. Their job was mostly E-Commerce research. Their client would send them a list of products and they would try to find these products online via Amazon, E-Bay etc and estimate their going rate or let them know it is too vague. The problem was that this list was extremely vague. Sometimes it'd be like "Dyson Vacuum Cleaner", other times it might even just be "Vacuum cleaner" or "Cleaning equipment"

    One day their client reached out to them and asked them if they could refer more virtual assistants. But he had an idea: Instead of simply referring a few people, he could take on the entire contract. He pitched his client for a fixed fee per search and he'd take care of the rest. They agreed.

    The problem? They didn't have much of a margin. The client wasn't willing to pay a lot and by their estimates almost all the revenue would go towards paying the people working under him.

    The solution

    They reached out to me to see if i could help automate it so their staff costs could go down. The bad news? Well i can't exactly automate something like that. I can automate a lot of things but some things just need a human's judgement. The list was too vague to automate. But hope was not lost, because even if it couldn't be completely automated, i could make it so that 5 people could do the work of 20.

    The solution comprised of a single portal where when they enter a term, it automatically searches all popular E-Commerce sites & also through Google finds shopify sites. It then shows a list of all products found along with their price. The assistant can then simply look at this list and estimate the product's price based on all these results in one place instead of having to manually search through all these websites.

    On top of this, i had recently started my own Virtual Assistant agency. With the software built, who better to operate the software? They ended up outsourcing it all to me. My virtual assistants would receive the list, process it and send them the response. They pretty much automated themselves out of the business completely and walked away with a fat margin.

    Why i love this story

    I feel that this story is the crux of being an entrepreneur - Taking calculated risks and making smart decisions. My client was an old friend of mine, and they bet almost 30% of their life savings on this project. That takes guts. To embrace the possibility of failure like this is what makes true entrepreneurs. And it paid off big. By automating most of the work & then outsourcing it, they basically turned it into a money-making machine with little to no input from them. That's how your business should be.

    What's taking up time, automate. If you can't automate, delegate. As the founder of your business your focus should be on growing it & sourcing new business. Leave the actual work to someone or something else as much as possible.

    You probably have questions. And i have answers! Feel free to comment and I'll answer as many as i can.

    submitted by /u/snapewasagoodguy
    [link] [comments]

    Calling Everyone and Anyone of r/entrepreneur!

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I was wondering if the r/Entrepreneur community could help us do a little fact finding. I know we probably have a healthy mix of biz owners, wantrepreneurs, and consumers on here, so I believe you all are the perfect sample for my question.

    I'm doing a fact finding mission on the current review platform offerings. I want to know more about what people think they are doing right & wrong. Specifically I am looking at Yelp.

    This is the link to my google form- https://forms.gle/FHkkyKYwAjMhiwck8

    If you comment below saying you filled it out I'm going to choose two people at random for a $50 giftcard to UberEats or another service they prefer.

    Thanks!

    Pai

    P.S If you have any notes on how you think the google form could be better worded or additions to it please DM me on here!!

    submitted by /u/PaiMeiPatriot
    [link] [comments]

    Music consultant business ? Any tips?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I have been involved in the music industry for 6 years now, I've manage to acquire a good Spotify/artist presence on social media etc.

    A LOT of people ask me for advice and help, I'm actually writing an eBook/guide right now which I actually think will do super well in the community/niche

    I was sitting today and an idea popped in my head.

    I would like to start a music consultation business, I have a lot of knowledge which I can share with people.

    I've been actually studying marketing and social media marketing recently and I want to share this knowledge through the business as well.

    No one in my family is business oriented so I had to learn the ways by myself and it's definitely a bit harder but I've had a few really good ideas recently, I just don't know how to get started properly.

    Is anyone into something similar? Could anyone help out and give me some tips.

    submitted by /u/Kaspabeats
    [link] [comments]

    Can I buy a product and re-label it as my own brand?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Long story short, I'm wondering if I can buy a can of rustoleum spray paint, take the label off, and put my own label on it to sell. Basically, it's a certain color spray paint that's used for a specific purpose of who I'm trying to market it to.

    I don't want to keep the rustoleum label, because then consumers could just go buy it directly from the manufacture for cheaper.

    submitted by /u/random12846292947
    [link] [comments]

    What advise can you give to a wantrepreneur?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    I suck at life but after reading some books which shows the entrepreneurial mindset I now have gotten interested into Entrepreneurship but do not know how to start.

    Yes, I am starting very late (17) and all I know is programming. School never taught me anything which is useful. I regret all of my schooling years. I am totally the brainwashed "paycheck" guy, I know nothing of finance, money, investments or companies. I was of "Science" background and all I was taught was physics and chemistry.

    I believe that someone can guide me in starting on the journey to become an entrepreneur.

    P.S: Sorry for my bad English

    submitted by /u/EldritchDarksoul
    [link] [comments]

    Help - How to bring a product to market, Kickstarter can be an option (looking for a mentor)

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    I have an physical product I've been formulating in my head with a couple prototypes for a couple years. I want to bring it to market. How do I find a manufacturer and someone to do the parts I don't know how. (I'm a ME so I need help on EE stuff).

    For me this to about making money but getting my feet wet with the the process. Not to say it's not a great idea. It is. 😉

    If you've done this before and can mentor me I'd greatly appreciate it!!!

    submitted by /u/chf_engineer
    [link] [comments]

    Help on plant and pet startup.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 09:34 AM PDT

    My friend and I have been thinking in starting a Geev style site/app for trading care of plants and pets here in Paris, FR

    But we don't have the capital for an app nor the knowledge to build it, we do have IG and a FB group.

    Is that a way that could we monetize the interaction between ppl, or generate capital in any other way from the FB group without or before having an app?

    submitted by /u/Riuqlav
    [link] [comments]

    What type of goods besides food or groceries do consumers want quick (near instant) delivery of?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    On demand products purchases seem to be the new wave with ecommerce companies scrambling to get shipping to their customers as fast as possible.

    With the rise of instant grocery delivery services such as Gopuff, Gorillas, Jokr and the hundred others all competing what other fields of products do you think customers would want delivered ASAP.

    submitted by /u/getwithit2020
    [link] [comments]

    When do you realise it is a good time to give up?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Was wondering what you guys think in regards to managing a business that hasn't taken off yet. You see a lot of people say that as long as you keep trying at it you'll get there but when do you usually realise that your business isn't going to go anywhere and it's time to end it and move into something new?

    submitted by /u/Trigzzz1
    [link] [comments]

    Completely lost on USA tax registration as an European

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Went through at least 20 website pages to find an answer, but it just raises more questions.

    Context + Situation:

    I am from the Netherlands and my registered business (registered in the Netherlands) sells in the USA and ships from China.

    I haven't been liable yet for a Nexus in a certain state, because i haven't reached the 200 order minimum or $100k (or even close to that in a certain state). BUT, i am shipping over inventory from China to Florida. Meaning i'll trigger the Nexus in Florida.

    Now comes the hard part (for me at least) I have to register in Florida and charge their tax rates to people buying from me in Florida. But i am unable to register without having an SSN or Visa (at least, i didn't get another option in Florida's online business tax application)

    Now here's my small list of confusions:

    Do i need to be registered as a business in the USA in order to register for sales tax in Florida. I couldn't find a straight answer. But i've also read somewhere that if i register in the USA, i'd pay business income tax. But that means that i'll pay business income tax TWICE (because the Netherlands is also looking for business income taxation)

    If i need to register in the USA. Should i register in Florida, or Delaware.

    People are talking about Delaware being the best place to register for non-residents. But i'm again, concerned that i'll have to pay income tax twice? (once in the USA and once in the Netherlands)

    If i do not need to register a business. Should registering for an EIN code be enough?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    submitted by /u/b00m666
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone please help me brainstorm? I am trying to compile a list of professions that can be/are done as as self-employed person, but also require a computer for at least one critical aspect of the job.

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    I am building out a service that is focused on that specific niche of people, and I want to make sure I am not leaving anything out when it comes to marketing and features and things like that.

    Basically looking for any and all jobs that can be done as a self-employed person, but also meet the requirement of "It would be impossible for me to do my job without my computer."

    My list is quite short right now, this is all I have.

    Real estate agent
    Accountant/CPA
    Creatives (photographer, videographer, editor, graphic designer, illustrator, copy writer, etc)
    Landlord
    E-commerce seller/flipper
    Blogger/Affiliate Marketing
    Web Developer
    Writer
    Attorney

    If anyone has any other suggestions to add to this list, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/0I1O01I1O0
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestions

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 12:14 PM PDT

    What books do you recommend or tips you would give to someone who wants to grow their small business

    submitted by /u/UNBEATABLE_52
    [link] [comments]

    I'm thinking of building a paid Q&A forum using blockchain technology, think "paid Reddit". To judge if it would add value I need to understand why this precise design does not yet exist in the current financial system. Can you help me think it through?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 12:08 PM PDT

    Hi everyone

    I'm thinking that crypto will eventually make small payments more feasible and will generally reduce frictions for payments. It's slowly getting there. So I was thinking that a paid Q&A forum would be cool and I have tons of ideas on how crypto could benefit that. But before I start I would really like to understand why that does not yet exist using the current financial system.

    So if you'd lend me your brain for a moment, I'd be very glad.

    So what do I mean with paid Reddit? I just mean a forum where people can ask questions about a large variety of topics, assign a $ value to it and then reward the best answer. There is a lot of game theoretical things to consider in order to make it all work. But I think I've thought that through already.

    What bothers me is that I don't fully understand why that does not exist in that form? One problem I see is that micropayments are not feasible in the current financial system. Basically, every payment you do costs 30 cents or more in fees. But this could be reasonably solved by just saying users have to deposit >10$+ before being able to ask questions and answerers can only withdraw when having earned more than 10$ or so. So you'd finance your account and then the service would use internal "credits" to make the micropayments work. Basically a very centralized solution.

    It seems like that does not really exist and I don't understand why. Quora for example uses a subscription model where you pay monthly to be a paid user. As a paid user you can access every answer that is behind a paywall. The people who wrote the answers are paid depending on how many paid users have read their answers.

    Why did they decide on such a model? What am I missing here?

    Then there is Justask which is a service that connects you to experts. But they do so by connecting you 1 on 1 with a (probably vetted) expert. So that's more like efficient freelancing for questions. Also because they do the vetting they just have pre-defined categories. Why did they decide to use that model? Why can't every expert just answer directly to any questions?

    Can you guys help me to get my head around this?

    submitted by /u/VLADIMIROVIC_L
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of uk based companies which could provide paper packaging for my drinks business?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    I'm trying to stay away from plastics and glass. Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/Old-Mortgage5980
    [link] [comments]

    Question about sharing idea with web company

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    We are in the initial stages of creating a website and are hoping to meet with potential website development companies for prices, plans, etc.

    My question is-do you disclose your business idea in this phase and sign an NDA? How do you ensure it remains undisclosed?

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/DiscoNachos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment