• Breaking News

    Friday, September 10, 2021

    Startups Gmail is the new email

    Startups Gmail is the new email


    Gmail is the new email

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    Atleast that's what our datapoint from signup on our platform shows so (B2C signups).

    Before May 21, we only had Email & LinkedIn as the Sign Up options on our platform.And given any time frame, it was almost in the range of 45:55 type of split between them.

    However, post introducing 'Sign In with Google', almost 70% is from Google. Email got reduced to a single digit. The given image compares for a 90 day period.

    That's some habit change by a product! If you are still thinking about adding Google (esp B2C/SaaS) sign in to your startup product, I will say do prioritise for it!

    Would be interesting to know from other founders here, what are your approx. stats?

    submitted by /u/nishith83
    [link] [comments]

    Feels like my cofounders want to squeeze me out before cliff vesting - what are my options? :/

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 02:35 PM PDT

    Hi!
    I started a US-based company six months ago with 3 co-founders who sort of knew each other.

    I signed a co-founder agreement with a 4-year vesting and a 1-year cliff.

    I have a feeling that my cofounders want to squeeze me out before the 1-year cliff vests, which will give them larger ownership, then replace my function with someone they'd pay now that we raised money.

    Can they do this? What are my options?

    Thanks a ton for potential pointers!

    PS: It goes without saying, but I'm doing my work and can prove it, did not at all abandon or anything. Also, one of them is on the board, along with one investor. I am not on the board.

    submitted by /u/moonandantartica521
    [link] [comments]

    How to reach out to potential partners?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    Hi, I am thinking about partnering with other companies with the shared field to provide different resources including staff hours to test my product and market. Any recommendation on how to approach? What are their expectations and what can I offer to attract them. Are larger companies better? Should I offer equity of my company? Can I expect them to do marketing under my company name? What should I do to protect my company? Any comment us appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Educational_Sink_492
    [link] [comments]

    (Canada) My startup received some funding from an angel but we still have no income. Can I declare dividends from the investment capital to pay myself?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    Since we have no declared earnings or income can we issue dividends? Or does it have to be a salary or directors fee? We are incorporated in Ontario. I'm unable to find anything mentioning how this could work if we have no income yet. I'm trying to avoid as much income tax as possible and also not have to deal with setting up payroll and figuring out CPP contributions, and we don't have an accountant yet.

    submitted by /u/twomilliondicks
    [link] [comments]

    What are your podcast recommendations for a new cofounder?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    Here are mine:

    • 20 minute VC - Interviews with VCs or Founders
    • This week in startups - Startup news mostly but they have some Founder University segments
    • YC Startup School - Lecture series from YCombinator discussing how to find product market fit, metrics to focus on, even handling founder conflict
    submitted by /u/rmrfaccount
    [link] [comments]

    How do you approach target customer for product validation at LinkedIn event?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    Hi all! Veteran salespeople, founders, I hope you all can help me here!

    I'm validating a SaaS product and have already gone through the target customers in my network. Next, I plan to attend Linkedin events specific to my product area and talk to the attendees.

    Since the event is virtual, I don't expect opportunities to mingle and have organic conversations. What are some of the ways for me to chat with attendees and have organic conversations? I also want to note that this is my first virtual conference; I'm used to attending conferences in person and don't have problems meeting people.

    Thanks all!

    Edit: I assume that 1:1 or small group conversations are the best way to get to know others. How do you do that on Zoom?

    submitted by /u/Into_Wonderland
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment