• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 4, 2020

    Very stressed Student Loans

    Very stressed Student Loans


    Very stressed

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I'm a senior in college, and honestly made VERY poor decisions about where to go for undergrad. This is my fault, but at 17 no one really explained to me the long-term consequences of financing college.I've racked up nearly $230k in student loans (private + some federal combined). I'm really really beginning to worry about this. Does anyone have any tips/advice about how to deal with this? Or any insight on how this might all play out? I'm worried I won't be able to afford any other bills of mine (car, phone, etc.).

    Edit: No I don't really have the option to live at home due to family situation. Unfortunately, I'm kinda stuck which adds in living expenses as a necessary. Also, I appreciate all of the insight!! Side-note, I'm a girl not a "he" haha, not that it matters much.

    Edit 2: I'm really really angry about the education system here in the US. I made this decision at 17, and was not really well informed or aware of the financial situation this is putting me in. My guidance counselor encouraged my college choice and told me that I'll be able to pay off my loans "quick and easy" which is completely not the case. Granted, I could have done more research. I'm really upset about this and scared that my only way out here is death (I don't want to die at all, just can't think of any feasible alternative). Bankruptcy in this situation is nearly impossible, and paying my loans is going to leave me homeless, and ultimately jobless (can't have a job in business when you're homeless and can't look professional).

    submitted by /u/plant_planter
    [link] [comments]

    First time taking out a loan at a bigger university (parents have agreed that it is my decision to decide whether or not I need a loan or not)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    Please bear with me as I type this. So I am currently in college and my remainder balance at my university is $1666 for the semester. I am currently not working at the moment and I feel as I would need to take out another student loan to help pay for the expenses I have for the rest of the semester (mainly car troubles). The thing is my parents have decided that they will pay the rest of my current balance ($1,666) But I'm not sure how long it is until they are able to pay it. I am thinking that the loan I will need would only be $1500 but I know if I were to take it out right now the school will automatically make that payment go towards the $1666. Should I take out about $3000 in student loans And whenever my parents get the $1666 to pay it towards that loan in full?

    submitted by /u/TA-Exotic-Race
    [link] [comments]

    What is the BEST way to pay off student loans?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    What happens if i pay it off early? Is there a way to get deductions?

    I'll be living with my parents rent free, food free, and just will pay for my transportation, and $450 to a Roth IRA monthly.

    Let's pretend i'll make $50,000 out of college. I'll $50,000 to pay off. What's the best financially savy way to do this?

    submitted by /u/littleantbigworld
    [link] [comments]

    Employer is willing to match my federal student loan payments. What's the best way to go about this?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    I don't know the first place to start. I am currently in good standing with Navient, but if my employer is willing to match my payments while I'm employed with them, should I pay more than I usually can afford to? If so, are there any programs we should apply to to get the full benefit?

    submitted by /u/cheesesteakguy
    [link] [comments]

    Foreign Education on Fasfa Question 30

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    Have been unable to find out how I should answer question 30 on the FASFA, regarding foreign education and equivalency... Japanese born dual national, graduated from a Japanese university in the early 2000's. Looking for any information on this, my searches are coming up blank...

    " When you begin the 2020-2021 school year, what degree or certificate will you be working on ?"

    submitted by /u/BusyCSS
    [link] [comments]

    Parent Plus Loan - on Student Credit Report?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    My husband is 97% sure that one of the student loans is a Parent Plus Loan that his parents took out when we went to college. I thought that Parent Plus Loans were the sole obligation of the Parent. If that's the case, why would it show up on his credit report?

    His parents are weird about money, so we're trying to gather our facts before we ask his parents about it. For some reason, when we were in grad school and put our loans on educational deferral, his Dad stopped paying the loans during that time too. It makes my blood pressure rise every time I see these loans on his credit report that still haven't been paid off 10+ years after we graduated. It's very confusing as to why these weren't actively managed previously....

    His parents are getting older, so I want to understand our possible liabilities if a worst-case scenario were to happen.

    submitted by /u/IntelligentApple
    [link] [comments]

    Taking out additional loans

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Due to my parents ALLEGEDLY earning to much money and also me filing really late for this year I didn't receive much financial aid and was only able to take two classes. Next semester I want to return to full time and live on campus. Anybody have recommendations for taking out additional student loans. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/justingar9
    [link] [comments]

    What does it mean to refinance loan and how to go about this student loan process.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    I graduated college in haste 2yrs ago and didnt even fill out the financial exit thing. I was too busy trying to graduate at the time. After graduating I was so depressed about not finding a job that I also never looked into my loans. I just started paying what I was asked to pay. I graduated with about 45k loans and I'm left with 33k even after all this time of paying. I've been paying the minimum I was asked to pay both for federal and private. I got a second job recently which will allow me to pay off all my loans in a few months but not sure if I want to do so yet since I'm trying to build my credit score. But I keep seeing about refinancing loans while recently lurking here. Can anyone please guide me on what this is all about and also on being on an income based plan? Any general advice to give?

    submitted by /u/foodee123
    [link] [comments]

    Help w/ loans

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I just graduated college this spring and have a 18k loans from Great Lakes and 12k loans for parents plus.

    The problem is that my dad and my mom has been furloughed and I cannot really work right now since I live with family members that are at risk if they get COVID. I was just wondering what I should do since I'm pretty lost and feeling screwed.

    submitted by /u/MambaForever3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment