• Breaking News

    Monday, October 12, 2020

    Value Investing Best paper/research why Central Banks are not creating inflation (old inflation definition)?

    Value Investing Best paper/research why Central Banks are not creating inflation (old inflation definition)?


    Best paper/research why Central Banks are not creating inflation (old inflation definition)?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    Is ROIC an adequate measure of return for REITs?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this here or in the CFA thread, but I guess I could receive some sound advice.

    Basically below is a photo from the L1 Equity section in the CFA material, and it shows that Real estate companies are actually destroying value.

    https://preview.redd.it/iiycexw9cis51.png?width=796&format=png&auto=webp&s=0ea707e459a2ddd21d39da85270ef862a826b69a

    Do you think that's true in practice, or is it just a cause of the reporting standards?

    I also try to use the valuation model template from Ashwath Damodaran, and his reinvestment assumptions are also based on ROIC. My problem is that I'm hitting a wall when trying to value REIT companies, as I don't think that those are some good measures, since they are all based on net income instead of FFO.

    If someone here is working in the real estate industry, could you help me understand what measures of return do you use for valuation? And also how do you project for reinvestments?

    submitted by /u/Br00dlord
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment