• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Someone hit my parked car, what do I need to do? Insurance

    Someone hit my parked car, what do I need to do? Insurance


    Someone hit my parked car, what do I need to do?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Hi all. My car was parked outside of a restaurant last evening. I was across the road talking to some friends. A guy that I know was parked in the middle of the road talking to some other people. He was sitting next to my car. I suppose he didn't see my car and he went to pull off of the road and hit it and did quite a bit of damage to the front. I have never had anything like this happen before and I have no idea what to do. Like I said, we know each other and I was not angry. We never called the police and he just gave his insurance information. I don't know if I need to call his insurance company or just call mine and they will deal with it? I have State Farm and he has Geico. I'm not sure what the best or right way to do this is? Can someone help please? We live in West Virginia if that matters.

    submitted by /u/JRexrode
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance company claims I’m at fault for an accident I did not cause

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    What's up guys!

    So I got into a car wreck earlier this week. Basically I was waiting at a red light at an intersection. When my light turned green I went straight and the next thing I know I got tboned by another car.

    After regaining my composure from the shock of getting hit me and the other party involved pulled off to the side. We assessed the damage and traded insurance information and we went on our way. I was just grateful that everyone involved was ok. I didn't file a police report as I live in a big city and the police would probably take 2 hours to get to the scene (not exaggerating). Also no witnesses stopped so I don't have a witness.

    After the crash I file a claim with the other parties insurance company. Of course they said they would conduct their investigation and they'll be in touch. Yesterday I heard back from the adjuster and she informed me that they finished their investigation and since there was no police report and no witnesses that it's a he said she said type of deal and that they were not able to determine who was at fault hence they will not be paying anything out to me.

    This morning I get a call from the other parties insurance company asking for my insurance information. When I asked why the person on the phone informed me that they conducted the investigation and that the adjuster found that I was at fault. I was in complete shock because this crash was seriously not my fault. I did not give them my insurance info and told them they would hear from my attorneys instead.

    I'm borderline freaking out right now because COVID has hit my finances pretty hard and there is no way I'll be able to repair the damage by myself as the damage is significant. And of course I need my car for work so I just feel really really fucked right now. Of course I could always call my insurance but my payments are already extremely high as I'm young and own a nice luxury sports car. At this point I have a meeting with an attorney tomorrow to see what my options are.

    I'm just curious has anything like this happened to anyone else? If so what was the outcome?

    submitted by /u/Iamtheattackk
    [link] [comments]

    [IL]Today I had a customer tell me his insurance adjuster said he’s not allowed to take his car to a dealer for repairs. Is the adjuster trying to pull a fast one or could anyone elaborate?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    Hey y'all,

    I'm an estimator for a body shop. Today I had an interesting one come across my desk that I haven't heard before and am curious if the insurance really has a leg to stand on or if they are playing hardball. I'll give more context below.

    Customer lives 4.5 hours away in a different state, he ran over a blown out semi tire on the interstate coming up to see his family and it caused some minor collision damage but major Mechanical damage. It ripped a plug out of blithe block and looks like he threw a rod. He drives a little Hyundai, I think it's a Solaris maybe? It's a coupe and I think it's 14.

    The incident happened about 2.5 weeks ago, my tow driver was dispatched to the scene and picked it up and it's sat here since. I contacted the insurance immediately when we received the vehicle and let them know what was going on, sent photos, and I sent a written diagnosis on what I believe the issue was. I told them I was unable to write an official estimate on it as my system didn't carry the mechanical parts it needed, so I told them either they would need to do that. Or send it to a dealership.

    Fast forward about 8-9 days and I haven't heard back and the customer is wondering what was going one. I emailed the adjuster and Informed him storage would start incurring after another week as the car has already been here too long with no indication of progress. I hadn't heard from then since sending them that over. I end up calling them up on Thursday only to be told they can't and will not discuss the claim with me as it's a private matter between them and their insured. ..uh ok I thought, no big deal. I'll get with him later then.

    Today he comes in and tells me that they told him he's responsible for getting it off my lot,any storage, and subsequent tow fees when moving the vehicle. And he's not allowed to take to a dealer, they want him to find a mechanic locally in a town he knows only his girlfriend and kids. He wanted me to just take it over and see if I can talk some sense into them.

    Basically, I've never had an adjuster tell me nor my customer that. The engine is blown and will need a swap and my belief is that a dealer will flat out say no to an LKQ engine on their brand of vehicle along with high rates, in turn totaling the car. Even if this is shady and not really right, is the adjuster justified? I'm sure he's going to throw a fit since the customer wanted me to find a mechanic shop and handle the claim for him since he's not a local and lives so long away. Should be interesting...

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/traFyssuP
    [link] [comments]

    Who determines if a car is a total loss?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    My sister was in a car accident, police determined it was her fault. She has the cheapest policy under progressive. The car was impacted mostly on the back door of the passenger, side airbags deployed, car was totalled but we pick it up, and we drove it home. It seems to be driving fine. But since she has no collision coverage, who determines if her car is a total loss or not? Or if her title is still clean? We are trying to figure out what to do with the car. My sister is a college student with no much money, and we are trying to recover from the car at least some money. I'm from Florida

    submitted by /u/Mustita
    [link] [comments]

    What will my parents be able to see?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I am an 18 yo girl and I am thinking about going on birth control. I can get it prescribed to me by my college's health center. Birth control is covered by my health insurance. However, I am under my parent's health insurance, and they are against the use of birth control. I have blue cross blue shield and I live in Illinois. If I were to get it, would they be able to see that I did? If yes, is there a way that I could have it not be seen? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/annie_crossings
    [link] [comments]

    Agent misquoted me (AZ)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    2 weeks ago I inquired about adding a vehicle to my policy and gave the exact type of vehicle. They quoted me ~$400/6 months for the additional vehicle with the same coverages as my 2 other vehicle that I have with them. I then purchased the exact same type of car a few days ago relying on this information.

    I email them today to add the car to my policy with the exact same info given to them a few weeks ago and the price is now $1,100/6 months. The reason given for the difference is when they last quoted me, their new system spit out a number that was only from the date of the quote until when my premium renews which is in a few months and this was not caught by the agent as they are unfamiliar with this brand new system I guess. So the $400 quote was really only for a few months instead of the full 6 months. She even said in her email to me with the original quote "your old car was xxx and your new car is xxx so it's cheaper!" (I was replacing a car and asked the difference in premium between the old and potential new car). So she even mentions that this new car was going to be cheaper to insure than the old car which turned out to be incorrect.

    I relied upon this information to make a vehicle purchase and the info was clearly given to me in error. We're not talking about a few dollars either. This is over $100/month which is a big chunk of change that I was not expecting to budget for.

    Is this a valid E&O claim or should I get a district manager involved? I can't imagine that there would be no recourse when I relied upon a licensed agent to give me accurate information and I did not change a single thing about the quote nor did I change anything about the policy other than adding a vehicle to an existing policy with the same coverages. Even the agent didn't change any input into the system. She just plain misunderstood the timeframe she quoted me on. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Eric_SS
    [link] [comments]

    Missed adding newborn to Kaiser health plan! She's 2 months old now, employer says limit was 30 days.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Location: California, Insurance: Kaiser

    Is there anything I can do to still get her added to my health insurance plan? Employer says I can only do in November (open enrollment) and coverage begins in Jan, but I am worried due to flu season and covid waves.

    submitted by /u/Abba3232
    [link] [comments]

    Changing insurance from one car to another that is the same exact car? Will I have to pay additional fees?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    In Ontario, Canada if that helps.

    I plan to get a car that is exactly the same as my current car, aside from an upgraded interior trim, and sell my current car. The insurance rate should be the exact same as it's same model, year, features etc however it's obviously a different car with a different vin number. Basically just plan to transfer insurance from one car to another.

    My main questions: Will I have to go through the process of talking to insurance agents again for an hour and doing any paperwork? Or would I just give the vin number of the new car and they would just update the policy? And would I have to pay additional fees or pay off the rest of my month or something to that end? I would rather not, as it is quite literally the same car...

    edit: and I also just got a quote online with my insurance for cheaper than what I currently pay, even though its the exact same car, not sure whats up with that.

    submitted by /u/whatsurissuebro
    [link] [comments]

    Homesite insurance experiences?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    I have Homesite home insurance, referred to them by Geico. During the first week of August, I suffered storm damage (in NJ), a tree fell on the roof and its impact caused the roof frame to pierce through the ceiling. Currently, the roof is tarped to block rain leak, but a small amount still leaks through during heavy rain. So, basically, it's been 2 months since the incident and so far I've seen very little payment from them. Well short of what my contractor quoted me to repair all the damage. I've been calling them every week requesting them to quickly make a payment, but they are not moving at all. What has been your experience with them? I think they are just terrible, trying to delay or even trying to avoid making payments.

    submitted by /u/Run2U-
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about CAT adjusting

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    CAT adjuster and insurance adjuster is something that I came across recently and would like to pursue. This seems like the best subreddit to ask for more information. I wish I had known about this industry sooner.

    A little background: late 20's, no family or kids. I understand that with CAT adjusting it requires deployment with long hours and a lot of consecutive days. I am in a position to do so and believe that my background and experience is up to the task to handle this and succeed.

    My question is how did you break into the insurance adjustment industry? I understand I need to get licensed in Texas, and then from there get other licenses around the Gulf Coast. (I do live in Texas so it works out perfectly)

    I am a little bit overwhelmed with all of the information out there. Would you start with an insurance agency to get the knowledge you need to venture off into Independent Adjusting and CAT adjusting?

    Based on my skillset and personality I believe that independent adjusting and being deployed would work best for me but I also don't want to jump feet first into the fire of IA with no background.

    I'd like to hear people's stories on how they got into insurance adjustment and what they would recommend.

    TLDR: want to pursue Independent Adjusting and be deployed as CAT adjuster. Brand new but not sure where to start

    submitted by /u/roadtoriches92
    [link] [comments]

    Buying parts of your totaled vehicle

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    I recently got in a car accident and was wondering if the vehicle is deemed a total loss and can I buy the vehicle or parts of the totaled vehicle from the salvage yard, or would I have to buy it back from the insurance company?

    submitted by /u/SirSauce_1
    [link] [comments]

    Received a postcard about a Claim Investigation. What's up?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    Received a postcard from Connect by American Family Insurance (never heard of them).

    It says "I'm investigating a claim and its critical that I speak with you as soon as possible. Please call me immediately upon receipt at the toll free number on the front of this postcard. Thank you."

    Does anyone know what this is about? Should I call them on Monday?

    submitted by /u/ve4edj
    [link] [comments]

    Exterior wood damage caused by a lack of caulking and moisture barrier.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Homebuilder did not use moisture barrier or caulking to properly seal the exterior wood trims. Over the years the trims have rotted and the rot has spread under as well. Can I make a claim to my insurance company (State Farm)?

    submitted by /u/Chiptooth
    [link] [comments]

    Auto insurance costs

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    I'm in Texas. I have two vehicles. A 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe sport that is financed. Owe $2000 on it. I own a 2011 Honda Odyssey LX. I have a Geico policy on both for full coverage. This is a new policy but I'm thinking im spending too much. For both vehicles full coverage, premium is $2401 for 6 months. I understand that things affecting it can be age, prior wrecks, etc. but I am 30 years old, no tickets in past 5 years, no wrecks in past 5 years.

    submitted by /u/Luckielobster
    [link] [comments]

    Auto insurance claim

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I got into an auto accident in TX, October 2018. I got pretty injured (buldged disc, sciatica pain, neck problems, jaw problems, headaches every day) was in medical treatment for 8 months. The doctor basically gave up, and I was discouraged and went for the settlement.

    After that, I still sought chiropractic treatment and still am to this day.

    Here I am now still suffering and going through horrible pain due to the wreck. I can't work, I can't do everyday tasks... I'm wondering if there is anything I can do legally to open the claim to seek medical help. This is an everyday battle for me.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Aggravating-Coast-82
    [link] [comments]

    Qualifying Life Event Question

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Hello. I am 23 years old and have a job that offers health insurance in Tennessee. The enrollment for insurance is now open and I am deciding if I want to enroll. Currently, I am still on my dads health insurance he gets through his employer in Alabama. I am currently having some medical issues so I am very concerned about losing coverage. I want to stay on my dads plan but if he lost his job and health insurance would this be a qualifying life event for me to be able to do special insurance enrollment and get my own plan? Just trying to plan ahead especially in these uncertain times.

    submitted by /u/etherealcowboi
    [link] [comments]

    Contractor Repair Estimates Are Roughly Equal to Value of Entire Home

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    My in-laws live in Iowa, and their home was recently impacted by the derecho windstorm that decimated the city. Father in law originally estimated to the insurance company that he thought the damage to the roof and the 2nd floor ceiling, was about $13k. The adjuster supposedly accepted this estimate and granted the claim. Well, my FIL was finally able to have a contractor come out and do a repair estimate. Contractor said the cost of repairs for the roof and the 2nd floor ceiling replacement would be $145k. That's almost the entire value of the home! My question is: if true, what can they do?? The plan was for them to sell the home next year and move to our neck of the woods next year anyway. What does that mean for rebuilding, or taking a total loss, etc? Is the contractor just trying to bid himself out of a job because of overwhelming demand?

    Any help from an insurance expert would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/LincolnBeckett
    [link] [comments]

    Does Geico cover a Uhaul rental trailer?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    My SUV has full coverage with Geico. Does it cover a rental trailer I'm hauling with my SUV? Trying to see if paying the extra $200 is necessary.

    US. Insured in NC.

    submitted by /u/Arwsgirl
    [link] [comments]

    G1 Purchasing a car

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Hi!

    I have been doing individual lessons and I am taking my G2 in November. I wasn't planning on purchasing a car until afterwards...but we encountered a really good deal on a certified used vehicle and I want to buy it.

    How do I go about being able to take it home? I know temporary insurance isn't a thing in Ontario, and it's very unlikely and expensive to be insured as a G1 driver.

    Can my dad drive the vehicle home for me? Can I register it at all? Is the only option to have have it in a family members name and then transfer ownership?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/funcleanly
    [link] [comments]

    No at fault driver - uber and towing reimbursement

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Hello guys, could someone help me please?

    I was in an accident, the car on my rear wasn't paying attention he hit me and I hit the car in front of me. He admitted fault, gave us the insurance info (Travelers) and my car was really bad, so I had to use a towing service. A police report was written.

    I call the insurance (his and mine) and file the claim, they say they can't admit fault yet because they want to make sure I didn't hit the car in front of me before he hit me in the rear.

    Police report come back two days later, where the driver on the back was a fault , the statement of the car in front and mine coincided where she heard a crash sound and then she was hit by me...etc

    I call the insurance, sent them the police report..etc and ask for a rental car because my car was declared a total loss. They told me they need to speak with the driver in front of me to confirm the information so they can't give me anything yet but I can go to a rental car or use a transportation service and they will reimburse me if they accept fault.

    So me and my wife started to use Uber because, we need to go to work and pay bills. Calls go and forward and they say the driver have an attorney and they need his permission before they can talk to the driver. After 3 weeks of the accident , several phone calls to the insurance and they telling me the same excuse they call me to pay for my car, the hospital bill (just musical pain due to the crash) and $500 extra for inconvenience. Before I accepted this, I asked the one handling my claim what about the uber receipts and the towing services, he said it would be paid later and is not included in the $500.

    I sent him via email the last part of the uber receipts, I asked about it one week later and he said he would be handling at the beginning of this week. I texted him on Thursday but he ignored my message, my calls and my emails.

    So, before I call his manager today. What happen if they don't want to pay it or something like that? I'm in GA if that helps.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/tuflaco2029
    [link] [comments]

    Is my home insurance agent scamming me?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I have home and auto bundled. They will be renewed on 10-11-2020 ( next week roughly).

    I got a very good auto insurance from another agent.

    My agent says he cannot unbundle the insurance for next year.

    I asked him what happens if I pay home insurance premium and not the auto.

    He says that it will stay at that premium for 1year until next renewal. Then it will increase.

    If he is wrong, I will suddenly lose my home insurance after 6 months.

    Please let me know what happens if I accept the home insurance and not the auto.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/mbenner1
    [link] [comments]

    Will Renters Insurance Cover Alternate Accommodations During House Rewiring?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    We recently moved into a home that turned out to have a lot of illegal and unsafe wiring, with the takeaway being that we will need a full rewire on the upper floor of the home (this is where my son's and our bedroom and office is) with semi-significant rewiring occurring on the main floor and in the basement.

    The estimate is that this will take two weeks, and we've been told that there's lead paint in the house, that, though not requiring tenting, needs to be fully wet cleaned before children can enter the rooms.

    Do we have any sort of claim here that would allow us to be reimbursed for alternate accommodations during the two weeks the work is to take place?

    I am in Portland, Oregon

    submitted by /u/acemanhattan
    [link] [comments]

    Companies that will insure for less than replacement value?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of insurance companies that will write a homeowner's policy for less than replacement value? I own a large 3-family house in Massachusetts that is in great shape but in an economically depressed area. The purchase price, tax assessment, and market value (Zillow) are all $155,000. The replacement cost is $961,000, calculated by my insurance company. I was able to insure it at $200k with a fire policy. However, I have just moved into the house, and my current insurance company now requires a homeowner's policy at replacement value. Are there any companies that will underwrite a homeowner's policy for less than replacement value? It seems like it would be in their best interest, especially in my case. Thanks for any advice you can provide!

    submitted by /u/Tlatzolkalli
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment