• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 15, 2020

    My employer wants to force me onto their health insurance plan Insurance

    My employer wants to force me onto their health insurance plan Insurance


    My employer wants to force me onto their health insurance plan

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    My employer offers a $6000 deductible health insurance plan. Around our workplace, none of the young people want the plan because of the very high deductible and poor coverage. We are all covered under our parents' policy and get much better coverage through them.

    My employer wants to make the policy mandatory. Why would they do this? My boss and his family at the company are older, so are they seeking to have us somehow subsidize their insurance costs?

    submitted by /u/TemporaryAlbatross7
    [link] [comments]

    Does customer service have any bearing on an insurance company's AM Best rating, or is the rating *only* about the ledger?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    TL/DR: I work at an insurance company, where we're in the process of 'streamlining' the issuing process, by reducing our doublechecks on accuracy.

    Longer explanation: In the past we've done a quick doublecheck on every new policy prior to issue, to be sure we have the customer's name and address correct, and that the financials, payment mode, banking info, etc has been input accurately. In the future we're going to skip that pre-issue audit.

    Management understands that we'll be issuing more policies incorrectly, but they've decided that the cost savings will outweigh any negative impact for the customer.

    Full disclosure: I think this is pretty damned stupid.

    My question: Will the expected uptick in customer annoyance have any impact on our company's AM Best rating? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/cornelius99999999999
    [link] [comments]

    My dad says my brother (19yo) and I (23yo) aren’t eligible for his work’s insurance because we aren’t students. Is there really such policy like this?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    It was to my understanding that in Georgia - and generally federally - that children can be covered under their parents' insurance plan until they're 25. My dad's been saying I have to go find my own insurance ever since I graduated from college, and my dad started telling my brother that after learning he wasn't planning on enrolling in college anytime soon.

    He quit his original job a couple months ago - around the same time he started telling us to find insurance on our own because his doesn't cover us - and then lost the insurance that went with it, or so I heard. I called the insurance a while "after" he lost it because I was checking if the insurance was active, and they said it was cancelled in July (the month he quit).

    Are there really company policies that specify only students can be covered under their parents' insurance plan in Georgia? I wonder if he's mistaken, because English isn't his first language or maybe cynically he's trying to cut corners. I thought the federal law mandating that children under 25 can, regardless if they're students or not.

    submitted by /u/NoncomprehensiveJar
    [link] [comments]

    Am I getting the run around after getting rear ended?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    Hello all, way back in December 2019 I got rear ended at a stoplight and a few weeks later the truck stopped running so I got rid of it but it was separate to the crash. Anyways my insurance company (Allstate) has been in subrogation with the other parties insurance (some 3rd rate insurance company) for around 8 months now. They have also assigned attorneys to the matter. Is their anything I can do to speed the process up or is this something that takes time? Thank you in advance. I am in Illinois btw.

    submitted by /u/rattlesnake94
    [link] [comments]

    Is jerry.ai a safe a trustworthy app?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    They gave me really low policies but when i do them on the websites its always higher. Is this a real app and does it save money on auto insurance?

    submitted by /u/tacomenu
    [link] [comments]

    Paying a non hire company person to drive you somewhere - Australia

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    This scenario takes place in Australia.

    So lets say you have a complete random with a nice car and this person and car is not involved with a hire car company in any way what so ever, you then pay the person to drive you to an event and they get into a car crash with you in the car. I understand that if you were to had hired a driver from a hire company such as a party bus, then that hire company's insurance would have you covered or whatever, but in the scenario that you hire a random would it result in your own health insurance to not have you covered? As it has become a car hire situation except the person's car isn't insured to be a hire car or something along those lines.

    (I'm aware I did a shit job at detailing this scenario so don't hate)

    submitted by /u/vbefiui
    [link] [comments]

    Should I seek an insurance agent or a broker?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    I'm looking to purchase a medical insurance. [Malaysia]

    submitted by /u/According-Extension
    [link] [comments]

    $2.5M Homeowner's Policy $1M purchase?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    We're in the process of purchasing a new home. We used an online quote from a major insurer for an estimate during the shopping process, and the quote was a reasonable $1900/yr.

    Now while we're working towards the closing, we are getting the actual policy and they're claiming we need $2.5M in replacement costs, and the policy is going to double. The house is

    I understand the replacement cost of the house would be more than our purchase price, but at $2.5M after a total loss I'll clear the land, sell the lot, and buy a house for $1.5MM after paying off the mortgage.

    What am I missing here? It seems way too high.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/constantlysore
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for markets for a grain elevator in Michigan. Any ideas?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    How to stop Amica insurance aggressive marketing promotions and credit checks?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    I'm getting promotional letters from Amica about every 3 months for the last 10 years and when I check my credit report, it shows they are checking my credit report every other month. What is the deal with them and how do I unsubscribe to all this?

    I live in CA and I don't know anyone that has Amica, never heard of them to be honest.

    submitted by /u/WorkStudyPlay
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t find a facility to treat my eating disorder through my insurance near me. All the ones near me are just for women. I know one that’s near me but they don’t take insurance. Can I get my insurance to cover it?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    It's like 2,500 a week for out patient and I have a therapist and psychiatrist who could justify why I need to go. I'm 21 and don't know what I'm doing and I'm just so stressed. What do I have to do?

    submitted by /u/Gaymbers
    [link] [comments]

    Progressive Insurance

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    Edit: I'm in Florida.

    So in August I got Progressive insurance. I put my previous accidents when I did the online quote and paid. It was 130 down and 136 a month. I only bought it because that was the cheapest option I've found. Anyway the next month comes and it's 243$. I can't afford that. I called and asked what happened and they told me it's because of my accident, which I had put on the quote to begin with and it didn't go up. And then they told me because i did it online that's why the price was different that it was supposed to be. Which is like, wtf? Is that even legal? I asked if they could check and see my original quote, and they said they didn't see any changes in my account. I'm just really confused and wondering if I can do anything to get these payments down, or if I can just not pay them and switch to another company. I even told them I wouldn't have bought it if it said 243 a month. It's due on the 17th (overdue by a few days because I don't have it, I'm a 19 year old college student) and I was wondering if I had to pay it or could I sue or something?

    submitted by /u/nsfwprincesss
    [link] [comments]

    NH insurance KY registered car crash

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    I was active duty in Kentucky and I registered my car. I was moving home and I had my insurance for New Hampshire. I got into a wreck (they said it was my fault based on witness statements) even though the "witnesses" said i came off a road that I wasn't on... but theoretically what's going to happen if the crash is deemed my fault and my car is Registered in Kentucky but my Insurance is New Hampshire???

    I've always been a NH resident but being active duty made it confusing. Am I fucked?

    I have liability NH insurance but my car is registered in KY

    submitted by /u/AfghanVet99
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to make sense of a dental predetermination?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    I'm reading the predetermination from Excellus for my upcoming wisdom teeth surgery. Services are covered at 80%, and my plan has a maximum of $1500. Neither my two teeth cleanings this year or the oral surgeon consultation counted towards that maximum.

    It says "provider charged" $2,400; "estimated allowed" $1,517; and "estimated provider payment" is $1,214. My total estimated member responsibility is just a little over $300, which I almost feel like is too good to be true? And I know the predetermination isn't necessarily a guarantee of payment.

    Am I correct that the "provider charged" is the original price, the "estimated allowed" is what was negotiated by the insurance, and the "estimated provider payment" is how much the surgeon's office gets paid from the insurance (minus the $300ish dollars I pay the insurance?)

    I just feel like $300 for oral surgery and the IV sedation is a little too good to be true, at least here in the United States, and I'm kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop until I figure out what all this means!

    Edit: I'm in New York state

    submitted by /u/JackSnip
    [link] [comments]

    Apartment complex towed my car without warning- will renters insurance cover any damages?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    My apartment complex repaved today and didn't notify anyone. Allegedly they were knocking on peoples doors about 8am, but I was not home. I am afraid my car was damaged. If it was and the apartment will not take responsibility is that a thing that renters or car insurance would typically cover?

    There were no emails, signs, calls, or anything in advance to warn people to move their cars.

    submitted by /u/lolisaac
    [link] [comments]

    Sircon Approval

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    I applied for my license in Virginia. Sircon says "approved" and I have a license number and license I can print out. But when I go to the state website, it says "pending". What is up with that?

    submitted by /u/RealBeachKowboy
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally sent fake transcript for auto insurance

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    I started my first year of college last year and struggled adapting to the new environment, causing my grades to drop below 3.0. When my parents asked for my transcript recently I edited it to show it at a 3.2. I know I shouldn't but my parents have always been strict on grades (I'm Chinese). Without my knowledge they sent that transcript to my auto insurance company to get a lowered price. Do insurance companies contact colleges? What are the ramifications if this is caught? I don't want them getting in trouble for insurance fraud because I was scared to show them my grades.

    I'm in California

    submitted by /u/Emotional_Delivery34
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a good average rate for a bundled home and auto policy? I live in Philadelphia PA if that is helpful. I’m in the middle of buying a home, my car is still on parents insurance but I’d like to move it over.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Getting new job. Can I still use my spouse's insurance? Pregnant and Worried.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    In South Carolina.

    When my spouse enrolled me under his health insurance plan through his employer, I was unemployed. I am currently in the process of getting hired with a company, full-time and pregnant. I do not know the specifics of the coverage of this employer and am planning on quitting the position before I deliver.

    When we signed up for coverage under my spouse's plan, we were asked if I was working full-time - which I was not. Can I stay under my spouse's plan while working full time, despite having coverage from a new job? Am I comitting fraud if we werent to disclose to his insurance provider I have a job and coverage? I'm very worried to lose good coverage while pregnant and need to work.

    submitted by /u/gettinby363
    [link] [comments]

    am I 'totally disabled' if I take courses?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    I am collecting disability insurance from Sunlife in Canada. Mine is a mental health disability and online they say it is for 'total disability.' But I want to get off disability with a career change and that requires some education...will an insurer cut off my disability coverage if I take courses? (ack!)

    submitted by /u/cmccormi23
    [link] [comments]

    Cars were hit, how much payout should I expect?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla and a 2020 Toyota Sienna (bought for $35k). The corolla was hit while parked and was also pushed into the sienna. The driver's car flipped and she was taken to the hospital. I have started an insurance claim with the driver's insurance which is progressive.

    The repair estimate for the corolla is around $8000 which according to the adjuster is near the value to total it (MD law is 75% of value I think). Sienna repair is $3500.

    I looked online and similar corolla is selling for $15k. If they total it will they give me that much? If they decide not to total it, how much depreciation payout should I expect? Also how much depreciation payout should I expect on the Sienna?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/UnitedGeese
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody have any information on Go Insure?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    Basically the title - their website is gosafeinsurance.com, and I'm curious. I'm with Progressive right now but Go is claiming to save me $100/month, I just can't find any information about them.

    Edit: this is in Colorado

    submitted by /u/Infanatis
    [link] [comments]

    Home Insurance Engagement Agreement

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    I received a letter yesterday from our insurance company stating:

    "We're writing to confirm our understanding of the engagement conditions for the following expert services that you agreed to perform for Nationwide General Insurance Company: Apex Forensics has been assigned to determine damage from the water leak. Additional information is provided below". It has our claim number and then in bold says "Engagement Agreement" which list a lot of info about us getting confidential material that we are not allowed to use other than to perform the specific services that we are asked to perform?

     *Can anyone explain what this Engagement Agreement means? 

    We had a lot of issues with the mold remediation company which led to an investigation (initiated by us) and had a 2nd company sent out by our insurance company to look over what was done.

    We received a check this week (claim called in over a month ago) and got this letter the following day. We called our adjuster and he said that he needed to check his email and see if he got the report from the 2nd company that came out 1 week ago.

    Our adjuster hasn't been helpful at all. We had major issues with remediation company which led to an investigation which has been completed. We complained to our adjuster about the visible mold 3 weeks ago and now today after we asked why we didn't get the mold removed since our coverage states removal he responded with saying that it was confirmed by 2nd company that it was not removed and it needed to be removed because the original company billed for the removal?

    The only thing that we have is the estimate provided by our adjuster that has the estimate for the remodeling and also the mitigation that was done. It says "clean floor or roof joist system in confined space" under the mold section. And under the Dwelling-mitigation section it says "apply anti-microbial agent to more than the floor".

    *Is that how mold removal is usually labeled?

    I am now wondering if our adjuster made a mistake and set us up for remediation and not removal because he has known that we still had visible mold for the last 3 weeks and we have sent him pictures of the mold. He also mentioned today that the remediation company billed for mold removal and the check was already sent.

     *Is it normal to send payment to a company that you know has billed for a service they did not perform? 

    Our adjuster said that the engineer is going to determine if the damage was done by the remediation company and if so they will write us a check and go after them for payment. This makes sense but why does the document say that the engineer is checking for damages caused by the water leak if that was the case?

    I believe we have provided evidence that the damage in question was done by the remediation company. We have a crack in our countertop and have sent pics of the 12 ft countertop that was laid over multiple items (cabinets and dehumidifier... different heights) unleveled and not supported at all with a straight line in the dust. We have sent pictures of the laminate showing the tape that was placed over it had pulled the top layer of laminate up. These were time stamped photos.

    *The 2nd company that was sent by our insurance stated that the laminate appeared to be damaged during demo so why do you think an engineer is needed? 

    Today is the first time we heard that the engineer was also going to look at countertop. Just for context... the countertop is a 12 ft long custom epoxy countertop that is shaped similar to a lightning bolt. We just had cabinets added to this wall and with the weird angle...we chose epoxy because it could be poured in place and it was seamless. Countertop was completed 9 months ago.

    I would appreciate and help with explaining what the engagement agreement means and what I can expect from the engineer. It seems like an engineer is usually used when they are planning to deny a claim. We have received a check for everything other than countertop, laminate and half of the base cabinets that need to be repaired. We have pictures showing when and how the damage occurred during remediation on the days that the damage occurred. I took pictures each day after the remediation company left.

    Also, it seems that our adjuster possibly approved us for mold remediation and not mold removal. (Didn't know it was different until recently). When we asked why it wasn't removed when our policy states removal he seemed to act like it should have been removed and that it was news to him that the mold was not removed which he definitely did know.

    submitted by /u/Heavy-Yoghurt
    [link] [comments]

    Insuring a commercial vehicle for personal use

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    I'm having trouble figuring out how to insure a commercial vehicle for personal use.

    In California, USA.

    I'm looking to buy a small Isuzu dump truck. My current insurance provider (GEICO) doesn't allow me to add it to my policy. The only offer commercial insurance for it. But its not going to be used for commercial reasons. The questions they ask me, such as to list a business and business category doesn't apply.

    I'm only going to be driving the thing like 1000 miles a year, just for use around my property. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a separate policy.

    The trucks not that big, only has a GVWR of 12000lbs, so that puts it I believe in a class 3 truck range (think Ford F350). The irony is the personal policies allow up to F450's, which is a heavier class of truck, but don't allow for this truck.

    Any tips or insurance providers that allow trucks like this to be on personal policies?

    submitted by /u/Dual270x
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here able to help me further?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment