• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    I finally unlocked and earned my "hat trick" achievement in car sales yesterday, by selling 3 vehicles in a single day! Sales and Selling

    I finally unlocked and earned my "hat trick" achievement in car sales yesterday, by selling 3 vehicles in a single day! Sales and Selling


    I finally unlocked and earned my "hat trick" achievement in car sales yesterday, by selling 3 vehicles in a single day!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    A couple of folks came in to my dealership yesterday morning, and they were together, but not together together if you know what I mean?

    Anyway, short story long, the guy in the group wound up wanting to turn in his lease early, and get a new lease, and the girl in the group just wanted to lease something new, and trade in her 2006 vehicle towards it as a down-payment.

    After 6 grueling hours, I landed them on the right vehicles, filled out mountains of paperwork, then finally got those two folks out the door.

    Then, by somewhat luck of the draw, or as a gift for the 2 deals I made for the dealership earlier in the day, I was fed a super easy deal by management, which was an in-house-deal.

    A in house deal, is selling a car to an employee of the dealership, and it was a pre-owned non-certified vehicle, which is the easiest deal to complete... so lucky me!

    And that completes my story of achieving the highly desirable hat trick in the car sales business!

    Because my pay plan scales up over the month depending on how many vehicles I sell, those 3 deals alone will most likely wind up profiting me after taxes around $900 to $1,000 on my bonus check for this month!

    submitted by /u/Megalorye
    [link] [comments]

    Best Sales Meme & Sales 'Guru' Type pages to follow on LinkedIn or Instagram?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    What are your guys favorite Sales Meme & Sales 'Guru' type pages to follow on LinkedIn or Instagram? I follow the Daily Sales on LinkedIn. Also looking for sales guru/coach/leader type people to follow too.

    submitted by /u/helpplease12223
    [link] [comments]

    Tough day on the phones, was about to call it a day.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    Made a lot of dials today, got a good number of contacts, but no booked appointments. Had about 20 min to go before the end of the day. Was about to say screw it, bring on the weekend. Hit the phone again made 2 more calls and got an appointment booked.

    Glad I pushed through. Much better way to end the day/week than feeling beat and discouraged.

    submitted by /u/kai_zen
    [link] [comments]

    Sales advice? Finally got a sales job after 1 year & 6 months!

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    Hey r/sales, (22years old) I finally got my first sales position (debt settlement/ debt relief). I have been applying and going to interviews for over 1 year and about six months and I finally got a sales job!

    They offer a base pay of $2,500 a month plus commission/ bonus check. They advertise the potential income can be as much as $60k to $100k+

    1.) Any advice you wish you knew, when you first got into sales?

    2.) If you have any experience in the Debt Settlement field, what was your experience like?

    3.) Realistically, what is the potential income for this type of position? Can I make $100k as advertised, if I put the work for it?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/GaHuH12
    [link] [comments]

    Interview with B2B sales professional?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm in a professional selling course at University, and I am looking to interview someone in a B2B sales role for a class project. It would just take about an hour and I'll ask you some general questions about what it is like working in B2B sales. If anyone would be interested, let me know, and we can set something up either over the phone or on zoom/skype, etc.

    submitted by /u/VFJ123
    [link] [comments]

    Have a final interview coming up with the VP of Sales for an SDR role. Any tips?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I'm in the final stages of interviewing with an SaaS company. I've interviewed with 2 people already — the hiring manager and the sales manager — and now I have a final interview with the VP of sales.

    I was wondering if you guys had a general idea of what to expect or some tips to help solidify me as a strong candidate. I have previous experience in phone sales but no experience in the SaaS space, but I really like this company (plus the salary is awesome) so I wanna nail this!

    submitted by /u/tenderviolence
    [link] [comments]

    First Week at New Job

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Just finished my first week at my new job. It's a base + comission role but for the first few months its strictly salary, which is no issue as it is a generous salary.

    It's my first phone sales job, with a script, and we had 8 prior days of paid training. I did good but missed goal this week, few things fell through that I couldn't control.

    I have a few questions for everyone who does over the phone sales in here.

    What do you do after a down week to ensure you have WoW improvement?

    For those that work off a script, How many times did it take you to get comfortable with that script before you could do it without the manual?

    Lastly, Does anyone have any advice for someone adjusting from a face to face sales background to over the phone?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TDMATDMA
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Advice

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I got a part time job as a sale associate for a software company. This is my first sales job. The owner has done all of the sales and development for the software. There isn't an sales literature. I also don't know the product in and out. The owner has given me access to the software and has given me some training in his limited time.

    What's the best course of action to learn? How can I become a good sales rep?

    Be as brutal as you can be.

    submitted by /u/tardiswho
    [link] [comments]

    I am the top performer but I keep getting rejected at all jobs

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    Like I said I am the top performer at my current B2C sales job and make it very clear in my resume and interviews.

    I am a very enthusiastic confident person and feel as though I portray a great image.

    I am currently 19 looking to transition into B2B sales at ANY position really but I keep getting rejected all the time; despite the fact that I've been top performer for months at a time.

    Is this because of covid? Or is it because of my age and low overall experience? Or is everyone in B2B sales that much better than B2C? Or what else could it be that I have missed?

    I'd love to know if anyone else is struggling to find a job right now!

    submitted by /u/neilm507
    [link] [comments]

    Fighting stigma when interviewing

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    I got laid off because of a COVID related restructuring at my old company. This adds to a list of short tenures (<2 years) I have, and I am certain it is holding me back from getting a new role.

    I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to fight this, both for landing interviews and overcoming it when it comes up during interviews.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/JunosCunt1001
    [link] [comments]

    When did you first experience a negotiation/sales technique from a book, leading you to a win outside of your sales job? (And what was the book/technique?)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    I've been reading Chris Voss' - Never Split The Difference for the past 4 months, currently 70% through where he explains calibrated questions in-depth..

    I recently ordered some turntables, after the money went through it changed to "out of stock" and I had a 2 week wait for the next shipment. I phoned in over the next couple of days with very gentle questions about how I move forward from this without needing to go to another supplier, showed empathy and explained the supply chain issues in my industry, etc etc..

    No idea if it was luck or the gentle calibrated questions, but I got an email this morning saying the turntables are out for delivery in the next 2 hours.

    Interested to hear any success stories outside the dayjob, and some titles to read once I get through N.S.T.D

    submitted by /u/JordanMencel
    [link] [comments]

    Entry level “farming” sales role?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    I am currently active duty military planning to go into Sales when I get out in about a year. I've been doing lots of research on Sales and recently found out about "farming" roles like Account Managers.

    I feel like i would do better farming than hunting. Just a gut feeling.

    Is a "farming" role entry level like SDR/BDR? Or is it higher up in the chain that i have to promote into that role?

    submitted by /u/staxchips
    [link] [comments]

    300 Cold Calls a Day

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    I recently joined a b2c fintech startup as a sales rep. Initially when I joined the manager was clear I was to make 150 cold calls a day and that was my only responsibility. Today he emailed saying that we have a ton of leads and everyone is to make 300 calls a day and if we don't we have to email him the reason why.

    My problem is not the number of cold calls required per day, it's that lead conversation is not measured or taken into account. For example, my coworker made 700 calls and only converted 5 people and I made 150 calls and converted 11 people. My coworker is getting a ton of praise for dialing 700 people even though her lead conversion rate is much smaller than mine and I had to email my manager about why I didn't call 300 people that day. What can I do about this? Am I right for thinking it's inefficient to mindlessly dial 300 people a day with a low conversion rate?

    submitted by /u/selenayaz
    [link] [comments]

    What are the metrics an SDR should track to best improve themselves/accurately assess performance?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    Would love to know your thoughts this, and of course excluding just raw #'s of calls and emails. Activity's the most important item in many cases. What I'm curious about are things like deal velocity, dollar velocity, pipeline ratios, time spent on various tasks, etc.

    This is something that I think I have the answers to, but most likely don't - or at least not the answers that best help me / my team.

    As far as job specifics (industry, deal size, etc) just assume everything is average (base it off what you think has the widest appeal). If that's unrealistic, just use personal experience!

    submitted by /u/Dr03163
    [link] [comments]

    How long did you cut your teeth?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    Got a job that is a mix inside sales and SE position for a capex equipment tech company.

    I like the company, and this position has been enough to convince me my short long term is to become a regional sales manager. I'm kind of rare in that I have a degree in the industry, and when I was hired I was told to expect 1.5-2 years then they would consider promotion. I might be able to accelerate that, but I don't think I would get to go straight to closing even after that time.

    What's the norm for getting up to a closing role? Especially in a company that does complex tech and custom solutions?

    I know that the norm is to move to different companies to get more exp and salary boost and am curious (sans covid) if there is a chance of becoming rsm after only 2 years?

    submitted by /u/photonsales
    [link] [comments]

    Sarah Waldrop

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    Has anyone noticed a scammer by the name of Sarah Waldrop who has floated under the radar somehow as being found out as a scammer. Has promoted different MLMs for years and gets to the top by sleeping with her uplines. She can be associated with numerous entities including market hackers, ai forex, wake up now, legalshield, now self promotion.

    submitted by /u/moneymagicman
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Jobs Honest Advice

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    1. Avoid Sales Jobs that are 100% commission and you are looking for a "get rich quick scheme". If you ever do 100% commission, you need to have some savings + work hard because there is no base. However, one of they keys is to look both in the company and the market. If it's a great product or service that has real demand then give it a shot.

    2. Avoid MLM (multi level marketing) 99.9% lose money in the long run and many people lose months if not years of productivity and money. Unfortunately many places are like cults so it's a difficult thing to witness.

    3. Think about your personality. Not everyone is meant for sales. You can be a fantastic engineer, programmer, designer, eta but if you got a passion for something else. Go into that because in the long run working in areas you're interested in will make you willing to work more. Hence more likely to become successful at it.

    4. If it sounds to good to be true, most times it is. Always read your contract, product, and service. Also keep a notebook or some organization for your profits/expenses. Look into a calculation if it's profitable and if you can see it grow in the marketplace.

    5. Most companies that are reputable will offer a base + commission. However, look into what they are offering and your current standpoint of experience + education. Don't get underpayed when you don't have to and learn to negotiate. If not be willing to either start you own business, apply elsewhere, or if you need the money; then do it as you apply elsewhere or start your side hustle as you work.

    6. Write out in a paper what interests you, what you are good at, and what can make you money. Do a Venn diagram, and see what makes sense for you to pursue, hobby, and side work. Many people start in Sales and gradually build their own business on the side, go into another venture later then quit down the road.

    7. Companies don't care about you. Remember this cause in the end you are a human resource. They can hire and train someone else, in the end you have to be honest about that truth. What makes sense for you, and don't waste your time.

    8. Keep receipts and documentation for what you earned on your sales both for taxes and to cover yourself. In the long run you'll be safe.

    9. What out for con artists and scams, look into the logic of who they are and what they do.

    10. The experience paradox of you need experience to gain experience for the career you want to bs. Apply anyways, look into other programs, or even start your own thing.

    submitted by /u/Torontogcreative
    [link] [comments]

    CLOSING

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I posted in here recently that I wanted to change my job and thankfully got interviews lined up and an offer so I'm excited to change and moving into a more sales driven role as I'm currently a headhunter.

    I wanted to see how others close deals and if there are any books recommended to help learn more? I've only ever closed candidates or clients on why to take the role etc but would be great to see how people do it on products, investments etc

    Thank you all in advance!!

    submitted by /u/FluffyPuppy9
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on closing

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    I've gotten stuck at this point with sales. I get the meeting, hear about their business, describe my services, they agree it would benefit their company, go over price and they agree, then they don't want to sign or insist on consulting other partners.

    Personally I don't like strong arm sales because having a friendly attitude usually gets me the meeting and product knowledge usually gets them agreeing with me and wanting to buy, but that last step seems to be allusive. Any suggestions?

    I do B2B sales for a service my company/me provides.

    submitted by /u/laneLazerBeamz
    [link] [comments]

    How much do recruiters judge you by the number of connections you have on LinkedIn? It was down to me and another candidate, and LinkedIn sent me a notification that the recruiter had spied on my page just minutes before rejecting me. I have a smaller number of LinkedIn connections.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    BDR Aspiring AE, Stuck between a rock and a hard place

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Started as an SDR at a business financing company and worked there for 4 months, a company that I was interviewing at when I took the business financing role approached me for an ADR role and asked me to help open an office and grow the office plus a promotion and pay raise so I decided to take it.

    Stayed at this company for just under two years where I was relatively consistent in hitting quota, ended up leaving the organization because they passed up on me two times for a promotion when my numbers were the same as the other candidates, I had tenure and I went above and beyond my role for the team and company.

    Started at a new company doing BDR work again, the company's product is not the best and I'm questioning the ability to get to an AE role at this company because it will take another 6-9 months.....

    My question is, should I stick it out at this company and try to get promoted or look for an AE role? As I'm sure you all know it's rather hard to land an AE role without closing experience but I have had so much exposure to closing that I know I would do well, I even have friends that are AEs at other companies come to me for advice on how to close deals. What do you recommend I do? Wont entertain an AE role that's below 50k base and OTE of below 90k current role is 65 and 110

    submitted by /u/lkot15
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I get hired?! Or even an interview, in some cases...sheesh!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    I've applied to everything, and I keep getting turned down—either after a resume drop or after interviews. And this is with employees referring me.

    I make sure to bring a lot of energy and excitement to each interview. I have sales assistant and managerial experience and have excelled in both.

    It's embarrassing and humiliating, having friends refer me, only to get rejected. And I get zero feedback from the hiring staff. I feel so worthless. It's supposed to be easy to land sales roles. I must be doing something wrong.

    submitted by /u/ambheq
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment