• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    Business 'I'm sick of influencers asking for free cake'

    Business 'I'm sick of influencers asking for free cake'


    'I'm sick of influencers asking for free cake'

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Only one fourth of oil major BP's 10,000 job cuts to be voluntary as company reinvents itself

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    Before the Butcher launches plant-based burgers costing the same as beef

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Use a philosopher for your new logo, good idea?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    Reasonly I came across a website where they started using John Locke in their lgoo :D First I found it to be stupid but it can give them a big hype about what they are doing. You can see it here https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/threads/the-philosophy-behind-offshorecorptalk-com-is-similar-to-that-of-john-locke.30611/ would you say it is a good idea to use such an icon for your business purpose or is it more or less just useless.

    submitted by /u/Inquisitive_Agency_
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for financing suggestions for my business

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    Facts: - I just graduated college - I have high student loans and other debt payments every month - I am looking to start a small scape hemp farm specializing in organic high % cbd

    My Plan: I am wanting to purchase around 5 acres of land for around $40,000 and want to build a small cabin for myself to live in while I build a couple of greenhouses and get the grow operation going.

    The Problem: I don't have a lot of money and I would like to do this without investors/giving up a part of my vision. I am considering some kind of loans but I have no idea where to start. Could somebody help point me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/BNi-ce69
    [link] [comments]

    Instead of 8000/-, I’m taking them for 6000/- on a trip to tourist resort and still I shall take my commission!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    So here's the deal: My fellow classmate at BS International Relations 7th semester has planned a trip for the whole class to the scenic Northern Areas of Pakistan with a travel agency Phenom and almost finalized for Rs 8000/- ($48.48/-) for everything (2 nights stay and 2 time food and logistics plus other relevant stuff). Total students: 26

    Now what I have done is I am providing them with a cheaper alternative and am providing them through another travel agency (an acquaintance ) the same trip/locations/touring spots for Rs 6000/- ($36.36) for the same 26 students, which, owing to the reduced cost of the tour that I'm providing them with, may be joined by the rest of classfellows who were otherwise unwilling because of the cost price!

    What do you think? Being a student and part of the class myself, and thinking businessmanly, am I on the right track? Because the travel agency is charging Rs 5000/- and I have for myself 1000 per head!

    submitted by /u/say-af
    [link] [comments]

    What are ideas that could change the world?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    Upcoming Webinar: Doing Business with NASA through Partnerships

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    !!! Periods in the Workplace and Educational Facilities!!!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Should all women in the workplace have the option to take paid (or unpaid) time off during their period if they feel they need it? Periods are an important part of female health and I feel like it would be more ethical to give women the option of taking leave at certain times especially for the women who experience very painful period pain.

    Also in school maybe something can be done so that learning becomes easier.

    In my experience at highschool and college my periods really interfered with my learning because I was more concentrated on how painful it was and doing my best to keep a straight face.

    I feel like what I am asking here today might raise some concerns about workplace equality and probably more ethical concerns lol. I am curious to hear your take on my question. I feel like this is a very important question that should have been talked about a long time ago.

    Have a nice day! I posted this in a period Reddit and a ethics Reddit too :)

    submitted by /u/Jumpy-Smell-8694
    [link] [comments]

    How to start a business with low income?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Starting a business is seen as moving a mountain. It requires a huge investment of time, effort, and capital. However, in contrast to this, starting a business with low investments is easier now.

    Digital Platform:- To avoid the expense of renting a property you can launch your business at an online platform, it will also help you to reach a large number of customers.

    Partnership:- Partnership is the best option for starting a business if you are lacking in investment. Having a business partner also keeps you motivated to keep going on.

    Deal in Services:- Selling services does not require huge capital, it requires skills. If you have any skill which has a demand in the market then it can be converted into a business.

    The business has evolved more and has changed a lot from its traditional conception. It has now become easy to start a business even with low investment using a modern approach.

    submitted by /u/ivikasifications
    [link] [comments]

    *need advice*. How to convince neighbor we won’t steal his customers

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    My business partner and I have been looking for a location to start a collision services business. We are a one stop shop for people who experienced problems with their vehicle that would require insurance to be involved. We set up the claim, deal with the insurance, obtain their rental, pick up their vehicle, setup the repairs, detail the vehicle and return it. We have searched for 6 months for a perfect location and found it. The landlord was going to rent to us but the body shop that rents in the same building is against it. Saying we will steal his customers. All our customers are going to be scheduled and are coming from my business partners rolodex. We aren't interested in his drive up cash customers looking to haggle prices. We have tried to convince him till we are blue in the face. We even offered to give him work from our pool of clients but he keeps going back to what if you give my customers better prices? Is there anything we can put in the lease to assure him or any ideas to what we can do to show him we aren't full of hot air? If not we lose the spot and I can't afford to do this for another 6 months.

    submitted by /u/tonitoni81
    [link] [comments]

    (Business advice) Book recommendation on online product selling strategy (IT STARTUP)?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    Hello smart business ppl :),

    I enrolled to help this IT startup to sell their new product which is a app connected to online platform.

    Actually it is bigger IT company which detached some sources to develop this side product which is a app connected to online platform. Users could download the app so far for free and use it to track specific data, attach text, images, forms to them and upload it to cloud.

    So far app had around 5000 users which download the soft for free and used it variously. Recently app started to be for small amount of money from the 100 MB storage up. Around 20 users asked (by email :D) to increase their storage space. There was really no automatic payment system developed for the app so far.

    Developers really need somebody who will help them how to make this product profitable now when there will be automatic payment system developed and app is fully functioning.

    Can you recommend the best book you know on this subject? I think I need to get some data from them specifically about these users who made a effort to pay for product and make some strategy based from these people. Maybe I need to ask for different kind of data, etc.

    I just need some insight into this area and some bases so I start to understand what kind of question to ask and what kind of data start to gather to make this product more visible and eventually attract more users to it.

    Where should I start? What should I read ?

    Much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/GodsManChallenge
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram agrees curbs on paid influencers, says UK watchdog

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Exclusive: Trump administration to consider adding China's Ant Group to trade blacklist - sources

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Jack Ma’s Ant Group Raises IPO Valuation Target to $280 Billion

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Intelligence and Investigation Talent Moves (15 October)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    Are they jumping the right ship? A number of senior consultants, investigators and intelligence professionals are changing job in this challenging time.

    https://employproof.medium.com/intelligence-and-investigation-talent-moves-15-october-bfb60bd1aafc

    submitted by /u/Badatu
    [link] [comments]

    Woocommerce vs Magento, which one should I use for building an eCommerce website?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    Some context: I am building an online e-commerce store for modern children's toys. The website will have more than 500 to 1000+ products. I am not trying to build just an eCommerce website, each product will also have an in-depth review and overview of the product. Features and Functionality the website will have:

    Online Marketplace, Rental option, In-depth review and overview of each product, reservation and booking functionality, one-click checkout, real-time shipping rates, standard as well as dropshipping, and other customisable functionalities.

    On one hand, I have heard woocommerce has tons of plug-ins, add-ons, themes, which can be very useful for customization, and on other hand have heard Magento is better than woocommerce for scaling but require more coding skills than woocommerce.

    Additionally have also read that Magento is better if there are many products but at that same that woocommerce + Kinsta can do wonders.

    So with that in mind, which CMS/Website builder should I use, and what hosting should I use for both woocommerce and Magento? I know kinsta is one of the well-managed hosting platforms for woocommerce, what other or better hosting platform is there for both woocommerce and Magento, or equivalent to Kinsta for Magento?

    I am creating an eCommerce store on woocommerce with the help of a web developer, haven't hired one but I am about to hire someone. This is the first time I am making a website so don't know about many things. I don't know which one is more cost-friendly in the long run or worth investing time, energy, and money into.

    Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/ANSHULGANDHI92
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment