• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 18, 2020

    Borrowers Defense from University of Phoenix Help (from 2001-2005) Student Loans

    Borrowers Defense from University of Phoenix Help (from 2001-2005) Student Loans


    Borrowers Defense from University of Phoenix Help (from 2001-2005)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    I graduated from University of Phoenix in 2005 with a MBA and still have a humongous loan. I have been unable to find a decent paying job in part due to the reputation of the program. I was misled as far as job placement rates and salary expectations, so I may qualify for loan forgiveness.

    In filling out the borrower's defense fund application, they are looking for evidence and I have found none as it was so long ago. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any type of old "evidence" that I could use to state my case? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/uopgraduate
    [link] [comments]

    Can I just send a check to Dept of Ed?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    Took out student loans in 2003. Defaulted on two for reasons. In 2008, the collector for the collection agency assigned to me was verbally abusive, and when I told him he couldn't yell obscenities at me, he threatened to come "collect from me personally." I didn't know I could report him. I took off the radar jobs and got burner numbers. I was really freaked, and young, so I hid.

    Now, I'm a parent and I want a house. I really need these loans off my back. I contacted the servicer listed on the government student loan website, by email, asking for account numbers. They replied that the loans had circled back to the threatening agency. I responded that I would not be contacting that company, gave a two sentence explanation, and asked again for my account numbers.

    A few things:

    1.) Can they just withhold account numbers from me when I've asked twice?

    2.) Can I just start mailing payment chunks to the Dept of Ed payment address, with my SSN last four in the note line?

    3.) I looked up the harassing collection agency and they were supposed to have been cut ties with by the DOE for "illegal activity" (not many details listed) in 2015. If I can't just start mailing payments, can I request to have my loans switched to another collection agency?

    -Desperate

    submitted by /u/An-Ok-Bag
    [link] [comments]

    If a parent agrees to take out parent plus loans and signs all the forms but then decides they want to return it, can they return the loan without child's permission?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    My dad filled out a parent plus loan application then kicked me out and that parent plus loan was pretty much all the money I have to live off of. I don't have the full loan amount anymore, so if they wanted to return it, a lot has already gone to rental deposits, car insurance, etc. They're threatening me with calling the police if I don't hand over the parent plus loan money. Can they do this? Or do I have the right to keep the parent plus loan?

    submitted by /u/OneArabAmongXChinese
    [link] [comments]

    Student Loans

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Hello! So I am just curious on everyone's opinions on my situation! I plan to graduate in May of 2022 with my BSN with about 50,000 in student loans. My plan is to move back home with my parents and pay this debt down ASAP! The average starting salary in my state is 55k-65k. I plan to work the weekend night shift which is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and that would be 36 hours a week. I also plan to maybe work 3 or 4 smaller shifts during Monday - Thursday with a local home heath company. The extra shifts could increase my salary to about 70k per year. I plan to pay the loans off in 2 years. I have a current plan to pay 25000 back the first year, and then 25000 the second year. I am also going to throw my tax returns at this to help pay it down quicker. My monthly take home pay after taxes would be approx 5,864. I would pay 2500 to loan immediately, that would leave me with 3364 to spend on whatever else i needed, like gas/ entertainment. If i move home I will not have any bills, except paying on my student loans. My parents will not charge me for rent, utilities, groceries, or anything, and also agreed to continue paying my phone and car insurance bill, to try and help me be able to pay more on the loans. Is this goal to unrealistic?

    submitted by /u/willjam234
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know a lot about fasfa? So I’m filing it out for January 2021 winter quarter and this is my first time in college. It asking for my 2018 taxes, cool. But it’s asking for my bank account balance now, how much will the money I have in them effect how much I can qualify for ?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    Endorsing a Grad Plus Loan

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    If I am approved as an endorser for someone else's Grad Plus Loan, does the loan appear on my credit report right away? An endorser is someone who pays the loan if the student cannot do so, so I would assume that the loan appears on my credit report only if the student has defaulted on the loan.

    submitted by /u/eleutherian-hype
    [link] [comments]

    When to file FAFSA?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    If my 2020 income is considerably less than my 2018 and 2019, would it be better to not complete the FAFSA until after I file my 2020 tax return in January 2021? If I do FAFSA in February 2021 then, am I able to manually enter my 2020 tax information or will FAFSA still automatically pull my 2019 income?

    submitted by /u/brojohomo
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not required to pay because of the moratorium, but I'm being reported to credit agencies for late payments.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    I have a defaulted loan I need to pay held by central research, but which is covered by the moratorium, I just found out I have three late payments listed from July from the Dept of Education. How can there be late payments when I'm not required to pay until 2021?

    submitted by /u/nnnyuuu
    [link] [comments]

    I'm contemplating taking out a student loan to get a car with no current loans taken out

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Hi! As the title says, I'm looking to get a car. I currently live on campus so I don't have the need for a car, but next year I'm living off campus so my situation changed a bit. I currently don't have any loans taken out because I have some scholarships that take care of my expenses, but I wouldn't mind having 5k in loans when I'm done to get a car that is gonna get me around. As far as I can tell, this seems like a good idea, and my parents agree, but I'd like to hear some other peoples opinions before I go through with it. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/caucasian_trash
    [link] [comments]

    Halp

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Does anyone know what lenders work with all schools for private student loans? I need to take out some money to live off of while I attend an accelerated nursing program. Since it's full time I cannot work, so taking out enough to live off of is crucial. However, I attend a somewhat small school and only Sallie Mae and one other small credit union work with my school that I know of. Both suck in my opinion, and both require a co-signer, despite my good credit. It's because I am unemployed, but I was under the impression that many students were able to go to school full time while living off of these types of loans, and pay them off when they secure employment or graduate. I've also only qualified for a small amount of federal loans, so that's not an option. I feel a little lost. I don't have anyone to co-sign for me and I can't imagine working and fitting that into my already horrendous schedule. Any help would be great.

    submitted by /u/so_f
    [link] [comments]

    Does the 0% interest until Dec 31st on federal loans mean that they still accrue interest?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but basically title. On the federal aid site, I saw it mention forbearance specifically, which means that interest still accrues, but I'm not entirely sure if that's the case. Are the 0% federal loans still accruing interest? Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/STEVE_HOLT___
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t sign up for repayment.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    I attempt to sign up for standard repayment on my federal loans through the federal loan servicing website and it always says that my choice of repayment has been declined. I choose standard every time so I'm not sure why this is the case. Can someone explain?

    submitted by /u/ThanksForTheGoldDude
    [link] [comments]

    best private student loan options for post-bach non-degree seeking student???

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    I just graduated from college in August but I'm taking classes at a local university to finish up pre-med pre-requisites. I don't qualify for federal loans so I was wondering what are the best private loan options for non-degree seeking students or what are some things I should look for when taking out a private loan. I didn't take out any loans in college so I know nothing about private loans besides how bad they suck so I'd appreciate any advice!

    submitted by /u/aimra07
    [link] [comments]

    Question about settling student loan debt.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    Probably a stupid question and I apologize in advance - but.... I was curious to know if anyone has settled their student loan debts for a lesser amount?

    Getting a nice sized bonus soon and want to pay 4/6 student loans off - wondering if I can settle for a set amount or have to pay in full. (Being tight with the bonus, don't want to put all of it on student loans and cc's if possible).

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/unlockingmae
    [link] [comments]

    Are my student loans preventing me from getting a credit card?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    So I'm 25, graduated for 3 years now, and I want to get a credit card but was denied. I checked my credit score and it says it's excellent. Some info on me:

    • My only main bill is rent, which I split with my fiancé. I pay $450 a month, which is kinda high for my income (~$20k/annually) but that's just how it is. I'm always on time with it, as I use automatic payments
    • As I just said, I don't make a lot, which is suspect may be an issue. I've never had a job pay more than $13/hour.
    • As a result, my student loan repayment plan has been set at $0/month basically the whole time. Unfortunately I've let them fall to the wayside as a result, and haven't paid them much since it didn't seem like I needed to (dumb, I know). They're all on forbearance bc of corona right now, and I'm working on repaying them even if it's just a little each month. Either way, I haven't been late with any payments (as they've been non-existent so far) and my credit score is excellent

    Is the fact that I haven't been regularly paying them off the reason my card application got denied? I know they're gonna send me a letter telling me why in 7-10 days, but I'm annoyed and want to know now, haha. Thanks for any tips for advice

    submitted by /u/ellierc
    [link] [comments]

    What refinance rates are you seeing?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    Would people mind sharing some data points on what rates they are seeing, number of years, and with which lenders.

    submitted by /u/Tenesmus83
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment