• Breaking News

    Friday, October 16, 2020

    Accounting I GOT A FULL TIME OFFER!!!

    Accounting I GOT A FULL TIME OFFER!!!


    I GOT A FULL TIME OFFER!!!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    I JUST GOT A FULL TIME OFFER TO BE AN AUDITOR AT DELOITTE!! I have worked so hard and have gone through so much!!!! It feels good to know I am going to have a full time job straight out of college set up and ready to go! I grew up with my single mom and sister and when I called my mom she was so happy because we struggled but it was all worth it in the end! Ahhhh I'm just so happy! Have a great day everyone who reads this!!!

    submitted by /u/spawnhomie28
    [link] [comments]

    The first few interviews

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    Oofff

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Boss: when I was young, you can't imagine...

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    PublicAccounting_IRL

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Sooo you’re not going to hire someone?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    They just keep on coming

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    The right attitude to succeed in PA! ��

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    The must have item for busy season!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    Shots fired at EY

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    String of Firms That Imploded Have Something in Common: Ernst & Young Audited Them

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    How long did you last in PA before the first time you cried?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    As the title says, how much time passed from when you started working in PA and the first time you cried because of PA? It gets joked about a lot here so hoping to get some more serious answers.

    submitted by /u/A1-S1
    [link] [comments]

    Let em rip, guys

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Public Accounting Hours

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    To help give potential public accountants a breakdown of the work at a CPA firm, here is a breakdown of my hours at a mid-sized CPA firm in the Chicago area.

    Charge - 1,832

    Administrative - 354

    Training/CPE - 72

    Total - 2,258

    Second year tax associate salary - 58,500

    Administrative time is any work/office related time not billable to a client and not dedicated to training. This does not include any PTO, holiday hours, or any sort of commute time. This is time that I'm at work, but I'm not "billable."

    On the surface this shows 178 hours above a normal full-time year(2,080). To break it down further my accounting counterparts in industry will likely work a full-time year less ~9 holidays(72 hours) and ~3 weeks of PTO(120 hours) bringing actual work hours in an industry gig to ~1,888. I know this is certainly variable depending on the job, but working for a CPA firm you can probably expect to be working at least 200-300 hours more than an accountant working in industry.

    I know my experience is not universal, and I know that my industry example may not be 100% correct.

    I'm not complaining about my hours, though I'm not thrilled about them either. I'm just putting them out there for those who are curious about time commitments in public accounting. I would've liked to have had this knowledge when I was considering beginning my career in accounting.

    submitted by /u/AccThrowb4
    [link] [comments]

    Giving and seeking some career advice [CAN]

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    I have just spent the last 6 years of my life on auto-pilot and I would like to send out a warning and seek some advice on my current situation.

    As I was applying to college, I had no idea what I wanted to do. The typical situation that many find themselves in. This was the default thought process that I imagine a lot of people on this subreddit can relate to:

    Business Degree -> Accounting Major -> Big 4 Public Accounting/CPA

    Without taking a step back and thinking before any of the above steps, I had followed my fellow students into the hamster wheel of the public accounting career path. Now having gone through the entire process of obtaining the degree and going through bullshit business school, the dishonesty of Big 4 recruiting, and the mindless grind of audit, I am lost and unhappy with myself. As much as I want to blame the school/firm/culture I have no one else to blame other than myself, but I digress.

    There are two things I would like to discuss/ask:

    1. To students or individuals considering this career path please take time to understand a) what you are getting yourself into by pursuing public accounting and b) what you are going to do AFTER. People build themselves amazing careers in public accounting and/or use public accounting to leap frog their career into other fields, but at the end of the day the work is hard and not fulfilling for many. Find someone working in a public accounting field on Linkedin or through your network and ask them how their day at work looks, what kind of challenges they face, how busy they really get in busy season (specific hour requirements at the firm), and if they wish to stay in public accounting. Think about what you want to use this experience for, because if you find out you are not in love with public accounting (like myself), you will be leagues ahead of others (like myself) who are just starting to think about what they want to do.

    2. I am trying to play catchup as I feel that I am behind. I have written the CFE in September 2020 (Canadian CPA program) and want to move into a field that leverages more of the business side of the CPA certification (although I completely understand that it is accounting designation). I love working with people, do not really care about the money, love to travel, and interested in tech. Could someone help me brainstorm career options?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bearchewy
    [link] [comments]

    Name of Junior: Barry Allen

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    PwC Start Internship Return Offer

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    I had a question for anyone who has completed PwC's START internship. I'm very interested in consulting but don't particularly enjoy accounting. I've read that PwC gives return offers for START interns to work in Assurance and Tax. However, can you also get an offer for Consulting? Do you choose what field your return offer is in or do they pick it??

    submitted by /u/Common-Opportunity-5
    [link] [comments]

    Ghosted by recruiters?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I could use some advice. I'm currently applying for some experienced audit associate jobs and I've done some phone interviews and so far so good (I think), however, for 2 interviews I had I have unfortunately been ghosted by the internal recruiter. It honestly blows my mind because I truly feel like the interviews go so well and they even tell me that they want to set me up with interviews with managers/partners and that we'll be in touch soon. For example:

    First recruiter I talked to said I was perfect for the role and that he would set me up to interview with the partners. I said ok great. Then I don't hear back for about a week or so. Then I see the job is reposted on LinkedIn so I followed up with him (about 1 week later) and said he didn't hear back yet from the partners regarding scheduling and would keep me updated, which I said Ok, no problem, thanks. Then nothing from him again.... So I just stopped inquiring after that.

    Another recruiter said I was a great match and fit into their culture and that I had great experience and wanted to get me to meet the partners as soon as possible and would let me know as soon as possible and that the position will need to be filled within 2 weeks. Haven't heard back at all. Granted it's only been 4 days for this one, but still....

    I just don't understand how to proceed in these situations or what I can do to be better. I get such positive feedback from recruiters on my experience, education, and attitude that getting ghosted just makes me feel a bit confused. How many times do you follow up with recruiters? After one follow up is it usually time to just move on to the next opportunity?

    submitted by /u/mihoyminoyminoyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Moss Adams Seattle or KPMG Seattle?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I'm in a bit of a crossroads here and I was wondering what firm should I choose? I'm currently a UW Seattle student and I recently got internship offers from Moss Adams and KPMG. Most people would say go KPMG but I didn't really like the people I interacted with there while I connected really well with the people at Moss Adams and it seems like it has a great culture I'll fit in with. I know about exit ops and things like that but in Seattle, UW calls them the Big 5 at recruiting events and Moss Adams is bigger than all the other firms in Seattle. I know the name goes a long way but it seems like many employers know about Moss Adams in seattle since they have a great presence there. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/moosehead2145
    [link] [comments]

    Immigrant Accountant

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    Being a new immigrant Accountant in Canada how can I gain some canadian experience in accounting or tax . Are volunteering Accounting stuff / paid part time Accounting jobs available in Vancouver? How do i network any tips ?

    submitted by /u/loklord
    [link] [comments]

    EY is certainly reimagining their brand in all facets — will the new unlimited PTO policy improve audit quality? Only time will tell

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    Tax associate offer from mid tier firm what are my future career prospects?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I received a job offer from mid tier firm as a tax associate with an acceptance deadline of this Monday. The job pays pretty decently 56k in a mid to low COL area so that isn't a major issue.

    My concern is more so on the exit opportunities or advancement opportunities in a role like this. There will be a lot of private client services over bigger engagements so will an expetience like this translate into decent exit opportunities in the tax realm?

    Any advice would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Chrimbus88
    [link] [comments]

    Temp Jobs

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    I graduate in December and have a fall start date . How hard is it to get temp accounting jobs?

    I've looked into tax prep like Jackson Hewitt.

    Is there anything else accounting related that I can do for a few months?

    submitted by /u/bad_situation868
    [link] [comments]

    How has being an accounting affected your dating life

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    I've mentioned that I can prepare consolidated financial statements, do her tax return if needed, explain depreciation on assets on a tax basis - NONE of them are impressive.

    How can I become more of a ladies man with a calculator and four eyes?

    submitted by /u/Correct_Asparagus_73
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment