• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 11, 2020

    $56500 for my Master of Occupational Therapy degree, all paid off in 7 years! Student Loans

    $56500 for my Master of Occupational Therapy degree, all paid off in 7 years! Student Loans


    $56500 for my Master of Occupational Therapy degree, all paid off in 7 years!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    1 semeser of paying out-of-state tuition, 8 semesters of in-state tuition cost me $56500.

    My personal goal was to pay off everything in 10 years, but took advantage of the Coronavirus and Forbearance period decided to pay everything off!

    https://i.imgur.com/0bGlNaP.png

    submitted by /u/PorscheXAston
    [link] [comments]

    Amerifed DocPrep Scam

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    These guys are real slick. Got home from work last night and thought I should take care of that "final notice" mail I received.

    Spent about 30-40 minutes with them on the phone. Gave them my checking information.

    They told me I qualified, and I felt relieved. They convinced me they were partners with The Department of Education.

    Signed their goofy pdf contract.

    Then immediately after all this. I thought.. if it's too good to be true than it likely is. Came here and saw others complaining and telling stories. Texted and emailed my "loan officer" and said I would like to cancel.

    I called the original loan lender, transferred all my assets, locked my credit file, and changed all my passwords.

    What a way to kick off the weekend! Thanks to the others who posted about this 👍

    submitted by /u/hale-bopp-sha-bopp
    [link] [comments]

    Federal loan payment allocation during the grace period?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! I graduated in May and my first student loan payment is due January 2021 according to the Department of Education's website. My loans aren't accruing interest right now because of the COVID legislation.

    I owe about $42k total, and a little over $5k of that is interest. I'm a little confused about how payments are allocated during the grace period and after. If I make a single payment of $5,000, will that automatically go to all of the interest or can I direct it to one loan specifically since I'm still in the grace period? I'm hesitant to make a large payment and not know exactly where it goes, but I do want to take advantage of the grace period before it ends.

    Thanks for any help you can offer!

    submitted by /u/TaupeIsDope_
    [link] [comments]

    Fed Student Loans Marked Delinquent During Forbearance

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    So my federal loans show that nothing is currently due, but I got a ping on my credit report that they were marked delinquent by the servicer. I was up to date on my loans before the Covid-19 forbearance. Has anyone else experienced this?

    I've disputed it, and reached out to the servicer by email explaining the situation. Any other recommendations?

    This mistake has caused a major drop in a credit score that was 780. Not looking to borrow any time soon, but it somehow still hurts.

    submitted by /u/cremebrookele
    [link] [comments]

    After 0% and forbearance, would it be good to refinance one loan at a time from federal to private to lower interest rates?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    Disclaimer: I understand loans are in forbearance and at 0% for federal loans, this is just planning for after.

    I was wondering if anyone has done this or if it is even possible. So I have Great Lakes, and a bunch of small loans all grouped together. My largest loan is $5,400 and my smallest is down to $1,000. 12 different loans total. Total balance is ~42k as of today. My question is, for some of my loans that are 5% interest rate, could I move just the loan with the higher interest to a private loan fixed rate if I could get the interest chopped in half? I don't want my whole balance to move, just one loan at a time starting with the ones that have the highest rates. I should add that I do plan on paying my loans off faster than the original terms, so having a shorter timeline/multiple payments/higher monthly minimums should be fine for me.

    submitted by /u/jas15890
    [link] [comments]

    Spam calls or legit?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Hey guys, has anyone been getting calls from a supposed national release center regarding an alternative debt hardship program? I normally block these numbers but I just wanted to make sure it actually isn't legit. In the voicemail it says I'm preapproved for up to $40,000 but I can't find any information on the program

    submitted by /u/dialogicale
    [link] [comments]

    Use refund to pay loan or wait?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    I find myself in interesting situation. I am a grad student who has a stipend that covers my tuition at my university and some scholarships that cover most other costs. In addition to this I also received a federal loan for the year. I do not need this loan this year, however, when I tried to cancel this loan I missed the deadline and now have gotten all of the loan money as a refund from the school.

    I am wondering should I hold onto this refund money in my bank until I graduate and use it as lump sum payment toward my student loans? Or should I use the refund money to make a payment to this loan and have it removed from account now? Also if I make the payment now would this activate payment needed toward my student loans as it would be viewed as me starting to make payments toward my loans?

    Sorry if this seems ignorant but I'm not to familiar with the nature of paying student loans. Any information would help.

    submitted by /u/Narutopotato12
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment