• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 13, 2020

    16 year old licensed driver lives in my house but does not have a car and is never allowed to borrow any car. Does she need insurance? Insurance

    16 year old licensed driver lives in my house but does not have a car and is never allowed to borrow any car. Does she need insurance? Insurance


    16 year old licensed driver lives in my house but does not have a car and is never allowed to borrow any car. Does she need insurance?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Very complicated story, but I have guardianship of my 16 year old sister. I'm only 26 and not super experienced with this stuff. She's MEGA grounded from driving. For a long time. Literally months. I'm in Florida (car insurance is crazy expensive here!) and pay about 175/month for her to be a secondary driver on my 2012 Civic. I called geico tonight to ask her to be removed from my policy and they said all licensed drivers in the house need insurance. The only way to remove her is to have her surrender her license. They also were not able to lower coverage or otherwise do anything to lower our costs.

    Is this correct? She will NOT drive. For months. Should I just call and tell them she moved back with our dad so we can remove her? Is that like... very illegal? Not trying to commit fraud. I just don't know if the agent knew what she was talking about.

    Thanks for any (insurance related) input.

    submitted by /u/CatTuff
    [link] [comments]

    TECHNICAL ISSUE FOR ISSUING THE WRONG POLICY? AFTER 2 YEARS OF PAYMENT?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    I called my insurance company to change my insurance. But when the customer service is verifying my account was shocked that the benefits is lower than the one on my certificate, he said that there has been a technical issue that the certicate they since has not been updated!!

    I Told them that this is the amount of benefits i agreed on when i purchased the insurance! You even made me say YES twice and make sure its clear for the record. Now that there is pandemic and after two years. They are saying that there is technical error.

    Its half of the benefits amount.

    Ive been paying my insurance since 2018 though is a monthly mode polocies.

    What should I do?

    Im currently in united arab emirates

    submitted by /u/Aomame_85
    [link] [comments]

    Will my home owners insurance pay for chimney damage from previous owners?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    So we just bought a new house (~1month ago). We had our home inspector (who was a chimney sweep) take a look at the chimney and they did not find major issues but did recommend we have a certified professional chimney inspector to take a look. The certified professional chimney inspector just gave us the report and there is clear evidence of a chimney fire, which my internet search says normally homeowners insurance does cover. We have not used the fireplace yet and so the damage must be from the pervious owners.

    The inspector said that sometimes insurance doesn't take these type of claims until you have owned the house for a year. I don't really understand why.

    My question is: Since this did not come up in the home inspection and this is type of damage cannot be caused by normal ware and tear, would the insurance cover even though it happened before we bought the house?

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/esmortaz
    [link] [comments]

    Health Insurance in two different countries

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    I have a health insurance in Mexico which I've had before I had any health problems, it's not the best coverage but it's something. This insurance only covers me in Mexico. I am now living in the UK since two years ago but still pay my insurance in Mexico and had never stopped paying it. Here in the UK I had only the NHS when I arrived.

    I started having some weird symptoms after I arrived in the UK and the GP kept brushing it off as bad posture. During a trip to Mexico I did in April 2019 I went to the Dr, who sent me an MRI which suggested I might have MS. All this happened on the day I was flying back to the UK so I decided not to get my insurance involved and just flew back to the UK to get the diagnosis sorted over here. I went to the GP with the MRI interpretation, I've now had some investigation and I'm on a way to diagnosis with the NHS. Due to the bad experience I originally had with the NHS, I decided to get a private health insurance in the UK but they won't cover the MS since is preexisting to my policy.

    I'm wondering how is this going to play out when I got back in Mexico. My insurance there has no idea I even had any symptoms, although my British insurance is already decided not to cover it. I don't know how much the one in Mexico can even find out from my Mexican Dr. records because i don't know if they have any centralised record to show the onset of all this was after my policy started. It's been more than a year since the first consultation in Mexico so I've renewed my policy in Mexico since then, they have no idea of anything yet.. should I inform them of what's going on? Is it too late for that? or can I do it when I get to Mexico when I actually will have to use my insurance?

    Anyone has been in a similar situation!? Thanks a lot for your help!

    submitted by /u/clumsy_cactus
    [link] [comments]

    Foundation shift causes bathroom shower to leak. Is it covered?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    So within the last month we've had a shift in our foundation which caused quite a crack. This also caused stuff in the house to shift like cabinets peeling away from the wall and the caulking around our shower to crack. We just found out that the shower was leaking and it was quite extensive. We've had to pull up a LOT of the flooring (previous owner had laminate installed in there). I know the foundation part is NOT covered, but would the damage to the shower and the floors be covered by house insurance? I'm in Ontario, Canada.

    submitted by /u/TattooYoo
    [link] [comments]

    No lapse in coverage, insurance won’t pay

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    I got a dental crown placed and turned 26 in between getting the estimate & temporary and getting the permanent placed. Neither insurance will pay because parents insurance allegedly bills on the seat date and the new insurance won't pay because they weren't involved w the process from the beginning. What do I do? Bill is now $1500 if I can't fix this

    submitted by /u/Sucksessful
    [link] [comments]

    Home insurance: "Personal Property with Replacement Cost" has to be at least 75% of Dwelling Replacement Cost?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    Does Solar flares catastrophic Insurance exist?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    Wondering if anyone has heard of EMP (Solar Flare) insurance in the US our Europe? If a solar flare hits there is a possibility of great financial damage, is there any way to insure against such event?

    submitted by /u/Sunnyasalways2
    [link] [comments]

    Dental insurance that covers periodontal treatment

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    I have regular dental insurance through my job but it's still incredibly expensive to go as often as I should to get my teeth cleaned so I can keep them. I know it's my fault for not taking care of them when I was younger but I'm trying to do better now.

    Is there a dental insurance out there that covers more than just 2 cleaning and a set of XRays every year? Is there a supplemental insurance that I can get instead? Even if it was a 50% coinsurance I think it would be worth it.

    I don't get cavities or anything like that normally it's mainly the more than routine cleaning that's adding up.

    submitted by /u/whatheeverlivingfuck
    [link] [comments]

    What exactly is electricity insurance?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    I have moved to the US and the place I am planning on leasing is asking me to submit a policy number to them for rental insurance and electricity. I have covered rental, but didn't really know what electricity is. From their email:

    Now, before you move in make sure to set up your electricity and renter's insurance. ON A NOTE: If electricity is not set on your move in date a $50.00 charge will be added to your account plus kilowatts while electricity remains under our name. Same for renter's insurance a $50.00 will automatically post on your account and you will be insured within our renter's insurance policy. Make sure to provide electricity service confirmation and renters policy by or before move-in date.

    submitted by /u/ArcadianMerlot
    [link] [comments]

    Someone hit my parked car with their rental car and dented it. I don't have collision insurance, how should I go about filing a claim?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    A friend of my neighbor's backed out of their driveway and hit my car, causing a pretty big dent. My neighbor gave the guy my number and he called me and gave me his license number and name. He was driving a rental car through their university so he is going to call me again with the info. What is the best way to go about this so I don't have to pay? Should I call my insurance or his when I have the info to file a claim? Not sure if it complicates things that it is a rental car.

    MA, USA

    submitted by /u/CurrentMorning0
    [link] [comments]

    Can I leave my non-op car on my insurance plan?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    I have two cars on my insurance, but I haven't driven one in over a year. My registration + smog is due this year so I'd rather just register as non operational. The only question I have is, can I keep my non operational car on my car insurance plan? I get a multi car discount that takes off about $40 a month and I'd like to keep it if possible. Located in California!

    submitted by /u/doesntownanything
    [link] [comments]

    Question about claim

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Hello everyone - questions for those in the industry. We just received confirmation that a claim for new floors throughout our house was approved due to a flood. The insurance company cut us a check for 90% (estimate/ACV) of the total amount and said we can submit receipts to recover overages in repairs. The total repair value/RCV - deductible - recoverable depreciation = ACV. Questions:

    1. If the repair is less than the 90% check do we have to pay anything back?

    2. If we do any of the work ourselves, do we have to pay anything back?

    3. If we change material from wood to tile, what impact does it have on the claim?

    4. I believe the RCV for the matching material is too low by 5k (custom hand scrapped block parquet site finished - awaiting quote) we would submit estimates to prove it and I assume they would rework their numbers if they concur - but again if we prove their RCV was too low and we save on cost by using a slightly less costly material, switch material all together or do some of the work ourselves - what happens?

    Thank you to the insurance gurus out there!

    Edit to add location: Pinellas County, Fl

    submitted by /u/glennm97
    [link] [comments]

    Does Progressive Snapshot app save your data if you opt out?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    I've had the Snapshot app for about three months, so I know I'm way past the 45 day thing. But I'd like to go ahead and opt out. Will progressive keep my driving data if I opt out, or do they wait to look at it after the bar is filled?

    submitted by /u/bunnysurprise
    [link] [comments]

    Someone hit my parked car, did not leave a note but I found them

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    I live in California in a townhouse complex where cars are only allowed to park with permit in assigned spaces or indoor garages under the unit. Two weeks back, someone left a large and wide scratch on my car while parked vertically on the left back side (it's a dark colored minivan and the scratch is pretty obvious with their car color - white or silver). They didn't leave a note and I was pretty frustrated, since it's a permit only parking I kept looking for white or silver cars with dark scratches to the front bumper. Today I found their car, parked in the same spot where my car was parked couple of weeks earlier with an obvious dark color scratch. I tool pictures of their car and I am thinking of leaving them a note that I have their car picture with matching damage and they should contact me to work things out.

    Is this the best solution?

    submitted by /u/ChiliVerTe
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone add me to /r/insurancepros?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Am new adjuster licensee in NW us

    submitted by /u/Chevyfollowtoonear
    [link] [comments]

    HDHP with small children?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    Anyone do this? With COVID, I am on the fence, but we have a $5k HDHP offered with a $1000 company funded HSA. All wellness visits are covered. It's just myself and my two boys 2 and 7. The cost savings would be close to $2500 a year compared to my low dedu plan which could feed into the HSA. My understanding is once you hit the $5k, you no longer have to pay, correct?

    submitted by /u/tikotakomrpako
    [link] [comments]

    Does a Zero Tolerance violation affect insurance?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    I was told by my lawyer that a zero tolerance violation won't affect my insurance. I was charged with a DWI, and was offered a deal for a year probation, and if I complete successfully, it will be dropped down to a zero tolerance violation. I find it hard to believe that it won't affect my insurance, considering it is still a drinking while driving charge. What are your thoughts on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/AC845
    [link] [comments]

    What is a reasonable salary for a catastrophe adjuster just starting out with a large insurance company, with a schedule of 12 on 4 off x 12 hour days?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Don't know what to ask for. I've got site inspection experience and my adjusters license, but not much Xactamate. Google says 65000 is average and 45000 typical *for a new adjuster/ but @ 12 hour days that's like $15 an hour.

    submitted by /u/Chevyfollowtoonear
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on cell phone insurance via credit card, please...

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    I purchased a new cell phone with a credit card that offers complimentary mobile device insurance. I broke the device within the 1st week or receiving it and opened a claim with my credit card's insurer. I have yet to submit any details aside from my name and address, etc. Now, I'm reading online that the insurance doesn't "kick in" until 30 days after purchase. Am I screwed? How do I proceed? Located in QC, Canada if it matters...

    submitted by /u/mrdogfather
    [link] [comments]

    I need orthodontics, but I’m not covered. As a dependent under my parents, what are my options?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    • Age: 20
    • Location: Ohio, United States

    I am 20 years old and living as a qualifying child for tax dependence with my parents. Their income is much higher than the Medicare eligibility limit. I am covered underneath their dental and medical insurance.

    I have a severe underbite, and upon calling my dental insurance, they said that adult braces are not covered. I am most likely going to need braces in order to proceed with underbite correction surgery, which is covered under my medical insurance if my bite is causing health problems (it is).

    What can I do? Dental insurance said I'm not covered because I'm over the age of 19. I have a consultation booked with an orthodontist next month.

    pre and post operation orthodontist treatment including consultation, that is NOT surgical procedure is NOT covered

    Am I able to get a health plan that solely covers orthodontics?

    submitted by /u/RyanReynolds_is_dad
    [link] [comments]

    Therapy Insurance

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Is it possible to buy insurance that is only for therapy/psychiatric visits?

    submitted by /u/ddubyagirl
    [link] [comments]

    Homeowner Insurance with original metal roof

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Quotes that I get regarding homeowner insurance seem to vary pretty widely from $1200/year to $2,500/year and I think the most likely reason is my 1920 house still has the original roof. Well, except for an addition that has a 3 year old metal roof.

    Does anybody have any suggestions for good places for getting homeowner insurance with an original metal roof. I'd really like to be able to bundle my home and auto insurance, but so far every place with a decent auto quote has had a horrendous home insurance quote.

    submitted by /u/RiverYuppy
    [link] [comments]

    Broken Bone Insurance

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I have Critical Accident Insurance through my bank (TD Canada Trust) and something called "Broken Bone Insurance" for $3,000. I recently broke a bone that appears to qualify under the policy. I'm in the process of gathering my medical records and they have sent out a claim form for me. Is it typical for this kind of insurance to just pay out the $3k, or is it more likely to cover actual losses (time off work, etc)

    submitted by /u/ReverendAlSharkton
    [link] [comments]

    Fender Bender, Person not at fault left

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    My fiancé was in a fender bender, the person she hit said they have no damage to their car and just left. My fiancé was trying to exchange information but he refused and left the scene she knows she was at fault but why did he leave an what should be done next. We live in PA

    submitted by /u/aargor1995
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment