• Breaking News

    Friday, August 28, 2020

    Salesforce lays off nearly 1000 employees Sales and Selling

    Salesforce lays off nearly 1000 employees Sales and Selling


    Salesforce lays off nearly 1000 employees

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Any Apple AEs here?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Would love to pick your brain about the day in the life of.. I'm currently an AE for a major telecom company in the US.

    submitted by /u/9pm_official
    [link] [comments]

    I have such a great sales manager

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    I just started my career in sales this month and I have such a supportive manager who really topped it off by doing the nicest thing for me today.

    We are still learning how to use our various systems and today she showed me how to process an order for one of our products. Here's the catch: today's my birthday!

    In our first month, we have a very low quota (scales up over each month) and she had me put my name down in the ordering system when going through the ordering steps. I was kind of oblivious and thought we were doing an order on a fake/test account (as we would with other trainings) but after all the steps I realized this order was legit and she was like "happy birthday, u hit quota". I was dumbfounded and realized what just happened. Made my day. Don't feel like I deserve this lol.

    submitted by /u/-Isaac
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling with B2C sales

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Hello,

    In my current position, I mainly use LinkedIn for selling bootcamps (Lambda, GA, etc) (100% commission). While it isn't particularly challenging since in my prior role I was making 50+ cold calls a day + managing drip campaigns, not being able to pick up the phone and call a prospect vs just messaging them is hard.

    The issue is, there's like 7 other SDR's and the company outsources lead finders as well from overseas, so there are very few leads to actually contact which haven't already been prospected. I'm not too sure what to do, I'm not making very much money, but it's WFH and I'm determined to actually convert these leads. Any advice on what I should do? Or pointers from recruiters on Linkedin/ People who mainly sell over email?

    I've tailored my outreach as much as I can, but if I have so few leads to work with, what more can I do in this situation? In all honesty, I'm grateful to even have a job, which motivates me to want to do well.

    submitted by /u/possiblethrowaway93
    [link] [comments]

    Zoom vs DNB Primo

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how much the DNB edition that compares itself to ZI is? Not just access to the database, but direct dials, emails, etc.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FranksDadPDX
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to verify the software a company currently uses?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    Example, I would like to know if companies use salesforce or not. My first thought is to dig through Linkedin Sales Navigator with the keyword salesforce.. I know discoverorg may have a field for this but what other methods would be effective for finding this data?

    submitted by /u/tacosurfbike
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling with cold calling as an SDR: Part 2

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    I wrote a post some time ago about me struggling with cold calling as enterprise SDR. Got great advice, managed to optimize my pitch and now I'm finally able to actually get my leads to talk and have small conversations with me.

    Now I'm facing the next hurdle: I can't get them to agree to a meeting.

    For context, I'm in enterprise sales for a SaaS company targeting CxO's and their assistants. We're required to book 7-10 meetings per month for our sales execs. August was my second month in this role and the first month where I had to bring in results. Yea well I've booked 2 meetings so far.

    So the thing is, I usually have no trouble breaking the ice and engaging them in a conversation (thanks to this sub :D). But when I mention setting an appointment for a meeting, they always decline and want an email with infos first because they want to "discuss it internally".

    I try to tell them that a meeting where we can dig deeper and find out if and how our solution can help them will prepare them better for discussing it internally, but they don't jump on that.

    Then, I usually follow up after a couple days a la "hey we talked about topic x and I sent you an email with some infos on how we can help you solve z, wanna have a quick chat next week where we can discuss any questions you have?"

    "No I actually still want to discuss this with my colleagues/chef/whatever first."

    "Sure, I understand that, maybe your colleagues/chef/whatever can chime in too?"

    "No we'll decide beforehand if this is interesting for us or not."

    I even had some clients get pissed at me because they felt I was too pushy.

    Guys, how do you deal with this? What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/Dreiga
    [link] [comments]

    Food Brands and their Respective Ad Agencies of Record — ScreenChow’s Running List updated daily.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Tips for hiring a sales person for my agency?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Anything I should look for? I think I want to hire someone with b2b experience.

    I was thinking a good sales person should naturally sell himself.

    submitted by /u/Jonnybarbs
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone recommend great SaaS companies with an office in Toronto, Canada or the GTA?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Evaluating opportunities based on salary, growth potential and culture.

    submitted by /u/NextGenCanadian
    [link] [comments]

    I need serious help with closing

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    I'm in direct to customer medical sales and closing has not been an issue for me whatsoever until recently. Every person I talk to has this mentality of "if it's not free, why would I even consider getting it?"

    A little background: the product I SELL costs a few thousand dollars but it gives people the freedom to go out and do anything they want for as long as they want. They can travel with it and pretty much be as independent as possible.

    Most of the people that call have been getting equipment through their insurance for years (and for FREE) but because of that free equipment they are stuck at home and basically have no life outside of their living room. My equipment allows them to be mobile outside of their house and do it with ease.

    What I struggle with is NOT discovery or any other stage of the sale, I believe I am doing a stellar job at discovery and offering a solution. Not only that but conveying the benefit of the solution to the customers. My customers cry on the phone thanking me for being able to help them "thank you so much, you have no idea what this means to me. I will do anything to have your product"

    I check their insurance (and of course they deny it since what I sell is classified as a luxury item) so I inform the customer "ok we tried but this will cost you X amount". I even offer them a payment plan which turns out to be a couple dozen dollars a month (who the heck doesn't have 20 bucks to blow each month?). At which point they will literally FLIP, cuss me out, and call me crazy for expecting them to pay for this when they are currently getting a solution (a very sub-par one at best) for free. At this point I can't even justify the cost because no matter what I say they keep going back to "mine is free, yours is X dollars. You're crazy. Goodbye"

    How can I even begin to close with people like this? What are some different approaches you guys might try?

    submitted by /u/mastrblastr83
    [link] [comments]

    About to graduate soon, should I include this in my resume?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    About to graduate with Bachelors in Mech Engg.

    Mainly what I did since 2nd year was upload tshirts over a platform (not Etsy and Redbubble but like them i.e. print on demand). Did a lot of market research in my free time like what sells, search volume data over google and amazon, etc. then contracted graphic designers to create designs for me and paid per design basis. Created a nice little income of about 1.5-2k USD per month now semi-passive. (Please dont ask how)

    Is this a good thing to include? I ask mainly because I don't see direct transfer over to a sales career as an SDR as I wasn't reaching out to clients

    For extra-curriculars I got toasmasters and uni racing sponsorship team so I am definitely including those but not sure about the other one

    submitted by /u/BrutalBuccaneer
    [link] [comments]

    Tactics for B2B Appointment Setting

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    Anyone with experience in the field of B2B marketing will tell you that getting your prospect interested in your brand is a good start.

    However, it is just a start, what we are really aiming as B2B marketers is some form of commitment. in the form of appointment setting for instance, from the prospects and that too as soon as possible.

    Technically and ideally, this would mean getting them to buy right on the spot. Realistically, a lot goes before this stage and so the basic commitment we look for is getting a meeting scheduled with us.

    An appointment setting with a prospective client can be tedious and drawn out process if not done systematically.

    However, if approached strategically, it can reduce your time checking up on the logistics of the appointment and give you more leeway to concentrate on the more crucial tasks such as content preparation, etc.

    Read original article here

    submitted by /u/cwadamsmith
    [link] [comments]

    How do you deal with/respond to racist comments made by prospects, when you yourself are not racist?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    Without getting to much into it, I work for a company that requires an In-Home consultation. As such, I'm in several different homes daily (safely, with mask due to COVID), and meet all different types of people. My territory is pretty rural, and even though I'm north of the Mason-Dixie, plenty of confederate supporters and the like. Just to set the scene.

    Today, after I had wrapped up my presentation and was headed for the close, the prospect asked about my last name. I don't know him, but know of him (been in the county for his whole life), so I knew he was asking if I had any family from around here. I explained that I'm sort of a transplant and that my family are everywhere. He must've taken that as his cue, because he then said, "well, be glad you're not in [city] right now; the blacks are destroying [local business]." I couldn't think of any response but, "well, I'm sure they're angry..." to which he responded, "nope. They're all just thugs looking for an excuse to steal. It's disgusting."

    I transitioned us to another topic quickly and moved on, but it stuck with me. I happen to think differently than this man, which is one thing, but to come right out and say that?

    I can't be silent anymore. I can't excuse it. Judge me all you want, I'm not ok with it. But I can't say that or I'll lose my job (because corporate America). So how can I handle that in the future? What advice to y'all have?

    submitted by /u/skelliousmaximus
    [link] [comments]

    Is it bad to prequalify inbound leads?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    The company I work for really frowns upon prequalifying our leads. However, our marketing is very deceptive and there's no pricing information available on our website. It's 50/50 whether our lead knows our costs or even the market value of our service. It's slightly veiled however a quick google search could solve it. Anyways, I'm wasting a lot of time with unqualified leads because marketing sucks. I'm very tempted to start my own line of prequalifying questions. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/rexxyrex
    [link] [comments]

    How to Stay Organized with Enterprise Sales?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I am new to the enterprise tech sales scene and wanted to know any tips and tricks for staying organized with account planning / project planning when going through the sales cycle.

    I currently use Microsoft Teams, and always curious what everyone else is using. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/ZooeyGlass415
    [link] [comments]

    Outside Sales CRM for 1099 rep

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    I am starting my own independent distributorship where I am selling non surgical products to Orthopedic clinics. I am looking for a CRM but just need it for contact management, notes, reminders, etc. I won't be working big deals with multiple stakeholders so just need a basic platform. It seems like a lot of the CRM's are built for Inside Sales teams with multiple stakeholders, or for oversight by a manager (building pipeline, contacts per day). Anyone using one they love that is best for individual contributors in the outside sales space (doesn't have to be healthcare focused). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tms2004
    [link] [comments]

    Question if you've done this successfully: What should I look for in picking a startup?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Hey there.

    I work in SaaS tech sales at a large (publicly traded) company. I'm in new logo acquisition and sell to large enterprises.

    For my next role, I want to go to a pre-IPO startup, so that I have more upward mobility, and so that I can reap the benefits of (hopefully) a liquidity event.

    How would you recommend I go about doing this?

    For example, would you focus on companies with a given series of funding round completed (Series B, or C, or D, or whichever)? Would you target (or stay away from) companies who have recently been acquired by a private equity firm? Other factors I'm not considering? I'm using Crunchbase for most of my startup research.

    Disclaimer: I know that if this type of company was easy to pick, every VC in the world would be a zillionaire, but I'm wondering what has worked for you in your past career, and things I should look for (or look out for) to be successful on this path.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/DEFOneOut
    [link] [comments]

    Career Advancement after RSM position

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Hi Folks.

    I really enjoy reading this subreddit. Coming from a heavy engineering background/network I don't really have a mentor in this area and have really been just winging it since college.

    I have a niche in technical sales, and among technical sales people am usually much more technical than my coworkers. I'm definitely building up more strength in sales and am feeling more well rounded and comfortable in sales as a career until I don't need an 8-5 job anymore.

    I've been very fortunate and happy with where I've gotten to, but it was a bumpy road with a lot of doubt along the way about if I was on the right path, and then anxiety that I had gone too far in sales and could no longer switch to engineering.

    I graduated with a mech-engineering degree and went to work for an outside sales rep and distributor - was supposed to be a contracted engineer, but wound up more in project management and sales. After 2 years there I worked for a much larger company as an inside then very quickly transitioned into an outside sales engineer position. I now work for a manufacturer of large test equipment with order sizes of ~$50k to over $1mm, and have been a regional sales manager for 3 years. Pre-Covid my target was $9 million up from ~$3 at the start of my job.

    At the company I'm at, there will be limited room for advancement. We have a team of 4 RSM's, one international sales manager, a national sales manager, and a VP of sales and marketing. No one above me is going anywhere any time soon, and the only plan is to add another specialized RSM and shrink my coworker's territory. That is what I have to look forward to here. A territory reduction.

    I am comfortable where I am, I know the products extremely well, and I am very happy with my earnings - but I really have no direction or plans of how I'm going to continue increasing my earnings, or what I should even be expecting as a next step. We had a commission cut this year, and now COVID has hit. I had some owed commissions that paid out through the first half of this year that has kept my take-home in a nice spot, but it will catch up with me eventually.

    I want to have a back-up plan in case the company doesn't adapt well to the "new normal" and we never regain the ~40-50% downturn we're in right now, or if the owner continues to hack away at our commission to make up for the loss of revenue. That said - I want my next move to be up and not sideways.

    TL;DR - I'm turning 31 in November, I'm about to start my 4th year as an RSM making great money, but have no idea what my next steps should be in my career, and what my earning expectations should be. I want to be making consistently ~30% more than I do as an RSM, but don't know if my next step up is actually going to be less compensation, and more stability? Not down for that.

    Thanks for any help or advice!

    submitted by /u/Ridalfo
    [link] [comments]

    Just started a new job might be a scam please help!!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    So backstory here a few weeks ago a recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn about an opening her company has called Goosehead insurance. After 3 rounds of interviews I received an offer and signed because I felt good about the company and liked what I heard in my interviews. However today I stumbled upon the company's Glassdoor page and it was flooded with negative reviews telling people to run in the other direction. Things like working 7:30-6 (I was told this is an 9-5 in my interviews) working on Saturday's (also not mentioned) and many other things that were not mentioned to me in my interviews. Should I be worried this is not what I signed up for or am I overthinking this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Dr_Spreadem69
    [link] [comments]

    Account Manager Commission Structure Question

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    Looking to get some thoughts on potential commission structure for an account manager position.

    This person will be focused on one of the highest priority accounts in the company, coordinating CS members and working with senior leadership both internally and externally. Currently doing $5M ARR with the account, and we're looking to grow it. What makes this role interesting is that it'll require the person to be technical enough to not only come up with new use cases and solutions for the client, this will in turn be used to help our company build more solutions for the market.

    Thinking that incentive compensation can look like one of two things:

    • 10% of any net new revenue/business brought in because of their efforts

    • Have a target total comp in mind and create an annual target

    Two additional things I was thinking. Should this person get an incentive pay for retaining the new business brought in (in first case)? What does a good accelerant structure look like for something like this?

    (We typically do 10% for new sales for our AE's and 5% for retention)

    Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/lasercannonbooty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment