• Breaking News

    Friday, June 5, 2020

    Sending short videos to prospects and clients instead of emails or voicemails Sales and Selling

    Sending short videos to prospects and clients instead of emails or voicemails Sales and Selling


    Sending short videos to prospects and clients instead of emails or voicemails

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    What do you guys use. Ive started using BombBomb but it is glitchy. Any other apps that track analytics? What are you guys using?

    submitted by /u/tylerjo12
    [link] [comments]

    Are salesmen getting burnt out from their employer or from the work itself?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    Based on my last question, its seems like most salesmen are getting burnt out from the company they work for opposed to the actual job it self.

    What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/freightbrokerill
    [link] [comments]

    Find the sales job you want!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    Hey sales family I wanted to share a great post I read on LI. Lots of people looking for their next opportunity and most people are only submitting resumes and waiting.

    This is not effective! It painful, discouraging, and often will put you in a position where you are desperate and will take anything.

    It doesnt have to be that way.

    Tim Denzer on LinkedIn

    submitted by /u/LunchMoney291
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience with CenturyLink Sales Academy?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I start my first sales position as an Account Executive for Century link in a week and I'm wondering if anyone else went through the Sales Academy process with them and what it was like.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Pimpjuice2
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get leads without spending a tonne of money?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    I have an online course that I'm trying to sell. But to sell any digital product we need leads.

    All various advice online is to generate leads by each of the following methods:

    • Write articles + implement SEO: The truth is that even well written articles require a lot of SEO. In fact, if you go by this method then it's easily going to take more than a year if you have people who're working full-time on this. It's also a very expensive method because you either need to hire more staff or burn out for a whole year (and even then if your SEO is not proper you will still not get enough traffic into your site).

    • Generate Leads through FB ads / Google ads and ultimately Newletters: The idea is to give them an immediate value and collect emails / get them to sign up for a newsletter. Then to provide value by sending them emails and later they would be interested in buying from you. Even this method feels like it'll take a whole year easily and a lot of resources. The second biggest challenge here is the amount of money that will get spent on these ads.

    • Promote articles on LinkedIn / Facebook groups / Twitter to gain leads: There's always a chance that even the most well-meaning and well-researched article can be seen as self-promotion. In fact, there are many stories of people who weren't spamming and yet had their accounts arbitrarily suspended by the site unexpectedly. This is one of the reasons why it is said that building your own email list is superior to using these platforms.

    How can I generate leads to sell my course without spending a bomb?

    submitted by /u/mugen_is_here
    [link] [comments]

    When is it appropriate to ask for a relocation package??

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Pursuing a senior AE role and if offered, my family and I will be moving to another state. Company is SaaS and in a series D, doing very well. I applied for the role and in my final interview.

    My question is regarding relocation packages. Are these only something to ask for if the company finds you instead of you applying for the position? If I get the job or now, my family and I are looking to move back to the state but wondering since I will be moving quicker for the role, if it is appropriate to ask for this package.

    Also how do you recommend to bring this up? Would this be a discussion for HR?

    submitted by /u/Liberachi72
    [link] [comments]

    Netsuite for Prospecting? (Inside & Outside sales)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    My company is moving to Netsuite and I have ZERO familiarity with it. So far the web "training" has been uh...lacking at best. Is this software for sales or accounting? Everything I see leads more to accounting but maybe I'm misinterpreting this site...

    submitted by /u/TaintedEon
    [link] [comments]

    Fair Commission / Markup for PPE sales?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Hello, thanks in advance for your advice.

    I am an independent contractor new to sourcing bulk PPE - in this case 3M 1860 and 8210 N95. My source is direct distributor for 3M manufacturer. I'm doing RFQs for quantities of 200K-1M+ units. Prices per unit to me on MOQ 500K are in mid to low $4 USD to mid $3 on larger orders. I would be adding my profit on top. What is a fair commission / markup on these type of purchases? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/roastbeast420
    [link] [comments]

    Sales interview: How to prepare case studies?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    As the title says: Has anyone a good book/guide/video on what to focus when doing or preparing case studies for sales roles?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Esel2k
    [link] [comments]

    Professionally written resumes

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Hi all, I am currently a strategic account manager, selling industrial automation products.
    I am thinking about taking my career to the next level. What is everyone's thoughts on professionally written resumes? Are they worth it?
    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/SmoothSubstance
    [link] [comments]

    What are usual compensation packages for (junior) sales people?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    Especially in Europe. We have to start hiring sales people and I am unsure about comp. What I have in mind is: relatively smaller salary but fulltime contract, reimbursement for car and comission from sales. And comission is what puzzles me - is it % from deal gross or net (profit)? And for what term (we are selling saas so we have ARR from each client)? I was thinking for any revenue from client in the first year. Finally, what are usual percentages for comission?

    submitted by /u/alittlebitofall
    [link] [comments]

    LinkedIn Viewing Mode

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    If j, hypothetically, switched my viewing mode to private to view an old coworkers LinkedIn, then switched back to public, does he get informed I viewed his profile?

    submitted by /u/Lumpy306
    [link] [comments]

    How do you go about identifying the decision makers where there are several VP-Level/director level people in a company? VoIP.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    I sell VoIP.

    I'm using ZoomInfo to prospect and I have the name and title of the people within the organization as well as LinkedIn but my target DM isn't always obvious. Usually I try to target technology directors or general managers but as I call companies with 50+ employees, it becomes progressively more challenging finding the right decision maker. Oftentimes the gate keepers are just the operators and I really don't want to deal with them unless I absolutely have to or they're clueless.

    How do you prospect with this type of obstacle? Please only comment if you're familiar or actually sell in prospecting space with bigger companies.

    submitted by /u/Bodacious_Dad_Bod
    [link] [comments]

    Creating my own comp plan

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    I've been asked to create my own comp plan for a job I'm in the interview process for and I'd love to get some suggestions from you all on where to start.

    For context, it's a SaaS startup with under 20 employees. They've made it to a couple million in ARR with a self-serve business model.

    No BDR/SDR as of yet. Want to test out a full cycle rep fed 100% from inbound before scaling the team.

    Current ACV: ~$2500/yr

    Expected ACV from this hire: $~10K+/year

    Said they'd be comfortable with $65-70K base + 60K uncapped commission... I might be able to challenge the base a bit.

    I'm slightly concerned about my ability to get to that number without a BDR/SDR as I've always had a BDR team as support.

    Assume 10% commmission on sales... But given the lack of BDR, I might like to challenge that as well.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/sales7677
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for Prospecting on LinkedIn?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I'm new to this, so any advice on prospecting in general would be great.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Startingout2
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Take A Cannabis Supplier B2B Sales Job?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    Literally today I was offered an interview with a company my family knows the owner and he is offer base plus commission. This would be in SoCal and I would get a reoccurring commission on my accounts that I get. I've always done B2C sales, how different are the two? What should I know when selling to cannabis businesses to get shelf space and talk to the owners/purchasers? I'm comfortable with sales been doing it for 6 years.

    submitted by /u/RiverOfNexus
    [link] [comments]

    What happens after you hit your quota

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    Hi /r/sales,

    I'm new to sales.

    • I want to know what happens when you hit your quota. Do you get even more commission?
    • What happens when you only hit your quota partially? Do you get nothing?
    • What's the point of mentioning the quota in the salary?
    submitted by /u/sarano2608
    [link] [comments]

    Transitioning out of CPG/Food sales?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    I've worked for 8 years doing sales in the food/CPG industry. I'm looking for a change. I've been a top performer in my position and have experience managing reps, building new business, and doing account management. There isn't much growth available to me in this position and I'm looking for opportunities to jump to something higher paying and with better industry tailwinds. I currently make 70k annually.

    I'm looking for other industries (software, other high margin industries) that are higher paying and that would consider hiring someone without prior industry experience. My ideal role would involve a mix of account management/relationship building and new business development.

    Ideally I don't want to jump to a SDR/BDR role for a year or two, but am willing to put in the work if it's necessary to make the jump to a new industry. Would it be best to try to do something peripherally related to food sales (selling software into grocery/retail)? Or cast a broader net? Is it necessary to start in the SDR Role if you have previous sales experience in order to learn the industry?

    submitted by /u/wookiesteaks
    [link] [comments]

    How long between final interview and job offer?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    I used search but couldn't find the exact answer to my question.

    I've been applying to numerous SDR/BDR/ISR positions for different software companies. I've received numerous phone interviews which has been great.

    Yesterday I had the final round of interviews (4 total - all over Zoom) for a company I'm very excited about. I thought they went very well.

    How long is the time period between final interview and job offer? How long before I should reach out to the recruiter? Is there a typical length of time or does it vary from company to company?

    submitted by /u/KingOfLibria
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your sales process?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Hey Sales Folk of Reddit!

    I'd love to hear how you guys structure your process, where your big drop off points are, and how you keep your clients engaged?

    Mine is something along these lines - I'm in B2B tech by the way.

    1. Prospect identified (through cold outreach, inbound leads or referrals)

    2. Intro call (learn what prompted their interest and challenges they're facing, chat through our solution and gauge whether they're interested and if we need to engage with other decision makers)

    3. Demo (can be either the same call or more often than not a couple of days later so they have time to bring other stakeholders in)

    4. If they're interested, talk about how they can engage with us, set out timeframes and sign contracts.

    Look forward to hearing from you guys!

    E&C

    submitted by /u/Elephant-and-Castle
    [link] [comments]

    What is your experience using PhantomBuster?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    As the title says, i'd like to hear what experiences you have had using phantombuster for Linkedin and the other social media platforms.

    submitted by /u/iamthemagik
    [link] [comments]

    The Car you Drive

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Having a small debate with a coworker of mine about what car you drive says to your clients/potential clients. My first boss always told me to never let your clients see your Porsche and to show up to work everyday in your Honda Civic (the particular cars don't matter). Basically as a business owner/sales person you don't want to seem overly successful as people might be less willing to give you their money. My coworkers counter argument is that you should show up in the Porsche as it shows you are good at what you do and people want to work with the best. Probably a dumb little thing that doesn't really have much of an impact in the grand scheme but I'm curious to see what other people have to say.

    submitted by /u/PooShauchun
    [link] [comments]

    I am a recent college grad: what would be ‘smarter’, insurance (PC) sales, or med device sales. I only have one year of retail sales as sales experience.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment