• Breaking News

    Friday, June 5, 2020

    Realtor told us our offer would embarrass the seller Real Estate

    Realtor told us our offer would embarrass the seller Real Estate


    Realtor told us our offer would embarrass the seller

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    Title sums it up. Details about the property: Purchased 2011 for 565k On market may 6th 2020 for 565k Total offers: zero My offer: 530k Realtor initial offer: 555k Realtor final offer: 545k (after a heated argument)

    Our realtor couldn't provide us any comparable houses within the neighborhood to try and generate a comparison scenario. I figured with zero offers for 100 days they might be motivated to sell and would negotiate from the 530k floor. Our realtor would NOT even consider my rationale or stern intentions on an offer for 530k and told us we would "embarrass" the sellers.

    I'm not looking to make friends with the sellers or either agent... I'm looking out for my wallet and felt my realtor should have been a bit more flexible about my rationale for wanting 530k but she wouldn't budge. The conversation got a little bit heated as we went back and forth and then she told my wife and I that we were not ready to buy a home if we can't agree on an offering price and that we "weren't ready yet".

    First time home buyer here... am I in the wrong? I fully understand she has far more knowledge than me about the housing market but shouldn't my offer be considered final? In the end this is my money and I should be in control of the offer.

    Really put a sour taste in my mouth about the process and our realtor. Who's right and who's wrong? I'll take any and all advice or criticism as we submitted the offer tonight for 545k

    Thanks for your time

    submitted by /u/Bmichalik87
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for a millennial with a low-to-mediocre credit score to buy a home?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Hello, everyone. I (28F) recently joined this sub, and I've been thinking of getting my own place. A little background: I've been professionally working as a visual artist for almost five years now, and I've been using my bedroom as my studio ever since. Right now, I only have some savings and checking bank accounts, but I haven't tried applying for credit cards and other loans. I try to pay my bills diligently and save more money as much as possible.

    Is there a way to possibly increase my credit score without having to apply for other loans (that I don't need)? Or is there a way to buy a home without a credit check? I'm in my late 20s already (yes, I'm kinda pressured) and I want to have my own place so I can put up a decent studio. Any advice? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/groome1320
    [link] [comments]

    I closed on my first house today!!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    I know, there are lots of threads like this. I just wanted to thank everyone for providing an educational environment for me to learn about home buying and real estate, and answering my questions. I really appreciate it!!!

    submitted by /u/0originalusername
    [link] [comments]

    Buyers: Who here had to put down the most offers before finally closing on a home?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    So, after 3 offers on homes we were outbid on, our 4th home we finally won! ....then the inspection came back, and there were some issues. In short, we walked away after failing to come to a reasonable negotiation.

    The next home we put an offer on will be our 5th. But I'm sure some of you have had to go through many more.

    Who here had to put down the most offers before finally closing on a home?

    submitted by /u/kb121ns
    [link] [comments]

    Does there exist a tool to search all county property records at once.. ?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Or better question, how can someone by just knowing your name find out if you have property somewhere in the U.S?

    submitted by /u/m496421
    [link] [comments]

    UK: House prices see largest monthly fall for 11 years https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44037087

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    I’m poor but still trying to buy a flat, is there hope ?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:57 PM PDT

    Hi friends,

    Sorry for format, mobile

    Just a little background, late 20s F, located in the Miami area. Lives at home with an annual salary of 35k. Credit score currently 761 according to CK. Will be starting grad school soon.

    In recent years I have wanted to get my own place and have tried educating myself on the matter. I told myself I want to buy a property instead of renting. If I'm going to be living on a tight budget, I'd rather my money go towards a mortgage than rent. I've looked into the foundations of what is needed as far as finances like 20% down payment and qualifying for first home buyer programs. However, when I do the math on things, it just doesn't add up. Apartments in Miami Beach are 175k-225k and usually with a ridiculous HOA of like $600/mo. Using the app calculators and adding the HOA, the monthly payments are $1600-$1800/mo for a 2br, even 1br. While putting a 20% down. ( I know I shouldn't base my information on an app calculator but it gives me an idea roughly) I feel like I'm not asking for much but my own place without needing to have a roommate, Am I missing something ? Is it not possible for a person around this salary to purchase a property ? Location is a big factor but can't really see myself living outside of south Florida.

    Would really appreciate any advice or material to read and learn more

    Thanking you all in advance !

    submitted by /u/_xtrp
    [link] [comments]

    What to do if I have got cold feet after putting an offer on the house?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    Yesterday I put an offer via text and seller accepted it. Now I am not so sure if I really wanna do this... What can I do about it?

    submitted by /u/on_the_mike
    [link] [comments]

    How much does being the most expensive house on the entire street hurt?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    I am looking at the nicest house on the street to potentially purchase. It is at 200k to 400k over the prices of the other houses, depending on whose comps you like best. I like the house but am very leary of being the most expensive house on the street. Would you do it or advise against it? How much does it hurt to have all the other houses be so much less expensive?

    submitted by /u/lifetimeodyssey
    [link] [comments]

    How to terminate Buyer Agreement

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    If you aren't failing, you're not learning. I have been working with a real estate agent for about 9 months. After 4 months of discussing an upcoming home purchase I signed a contract for them to be my buying agent. They seemed to understand what we were looking for, knowledgable about the area, and motivated to help us

    5 months later (covid interfered with a lot) I have told them I want to terminate the agreement. I have lost trust in them and their ethics after pushing to me to go under contract at 3 different houses. The final straw was 10 text messages pushing for me to buy a house and sending an unprofessional email regarding what I'm doing wrong as a buyer. Days earlier I told them the house was too small for a growing family. In one instance he told me to enjoy life, you only life once, and to buy the overpriced house (its still on the market for 22 days after one price drop in a sellers market)

    In 9 months he has shown us 10 homes, 2 he brought to our attention. After seeing 2 homes with significant build issues, he told me to go under contract and see if the inspector says anything. In addition, I have lost all trust in his ability to assess the value of a home, after agreeing to the listing prices I saw 2 home's prices dropped for tens of thousands less before going under contract. One home dropped their price 35k after we saw it, he agreed with the original price. In my opinion his actions are unprofessional and self-serving.

    I was referred to his broker who refuses to release me unless I pay $3000 or go with another one of their agents. At this point I have learned that this is one of the brokerages in town that just does not care about their clients. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/VToutdoors
    [link] [comments]

    5/5 ARM 30-year mortgage at 2.625% interest rate + no closing costs vs. fixed 30-year at 3.375% interest rate with the option of financing?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    I'm putting 5% down payment on a $255k condo. I compared the loan summaries I got and found a $6k saving in terms of closing cost. I think after 4-5 years, I could save about $10k plus the $6k closing cost which equates to $16k total saving. There's a max amount of points the interest rate can increase for the ARM, which is 2% which makes my max interest rate 4.625%. However, if I'm going to refinance, there's a chance I get an okay rate. Or I could just sell the condo in 5 years now that it may increase in price and I also have more savings to get a better place. There're so many factors and possibilities that it's been so hard for me to decide. Has anyone had a 5/5 ARM and tried to refinance? Could you please share your experience?

    submitted by /u/dereking20
    [link] [comments]

    SF Bay Area: your thoughts on this SF Examiner article?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone! Just curious about whether you agree/disagree with the analysis from this recent SF Examiner article?

    https://www.sfexaminer.com/news-columnists/how-a-permanent-working-from-home-scenario-would-harm-san-francisco/

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/NeverEndingHomeProj
    [link] [comments]

    Is a middle unit really that bad?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! First time home buyer here! I am really struggling as our closing date approaches at the end of the month. We got a really great deal on our new constructed house. We were able to purchase our house with extra features at a flat 400k. Houses in the area with a 2 car garage go for 430+ without the features included. I can't stop thinking about not being on the end though. Is it really that bad to be in a middle unit? I was hoping maybe the size of the house will help drown some sounds out. I guess it all depends on who our neighbors are. I also don't know how I feel about being in a house that's pushed further back. We really love the location and the schools are great. I just can't help but overthink. Maybe it's just anxiety because we're getting closer to closing. Also, our plan is to stay in the house for 5 or so years and then move to a single family.

    Arrow is our unit. Thanks in advance!

    https://ibb.co/jH9HW9M

    submitted by /u/btate31
    [link] [comments]

    How much negotiation room do you get by paying cash?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    Ive inherited a decent amount at a younger age. Theres a home in the outer Miami area that we want for 600k flat. My realtor says its the most expensive home in the neighborhood and keeps dissuading us for that reason , it doesnt make sense to me honestly

    How can I understand what kind of leverage we may have- especially if Im able to go all in with cash? What tool/arithmetic can I use to estimate what I should be able to negotiate to

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/atlantaoonana
    [link] [comments]

    Finally closed on my new place!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    Got my keys today after a flub with the paperwork we couldn't get our keys. Moved from a single family to a 3 flat investment in a better neighborhood! Thanks all for the help on insight during the process of selling and buying again!

    submitted by /u/antnee21
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of selling SFH while market is still hot...Rent and wait to buy a duplex? (Ca)

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I have owned my home for 3 years in April. It is a SFH with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. I bought it for my family, child and GF, before we broke up. I have basically lived in it for 3 years by myself. I have rented at least 1 room during that time, sometimes I had two renters.

    Bought the home for $293,500, currently owe $268,000 at 3.625 rate. Monthly payment is $1565 with PITI.

    Speaking with agents, my home is now valued between $360-380K. Now I do not need 3 beds, my daughter stays in my room. I have one renter right now that brings my living costs down $650/month. I can possibly rent out my other room and get another $650-700/month. However, I am 31, and not necessarily wanting to have roomates.

    Ideally I would like to get into a owner occupied duplex and have my own space while also renting the other side. Most duplexes that would pertain to me are around $400-500K. I am in no rush or need to move, but I am flexible to rent out a place and wait things out too. If I sold my house I could potentially get $70-80K cash for the sale after seller fees.

    Current market in Sacramento area California is still very strong with low inventory and houses sell within 1 week. Just a matter of what price it would sell at. I would need around $100k for down payment for a duplex, so a bit short if I sold. I do feel that the economy is still yet to feel the big impact of the corona virus pandemic. So possibly last strong summer before downturn?

    I am really trying to approach this as an investor. My needs do not require a SFH at this time but it is pretty cheap and comfortable as far as payments go, as well as I am comfortable in my house. I can also suck it up and rent out the rooms and use it to pay down the mortgage.

    Would appreciate outside perspective!

    submitted by /u/thatJuanguyCarlos
    [link] [comments]

    Letter of Explanation - please help!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    I'm currently working with a lender on my home loan process. I qualify for an RD loan because it's rural here and my husband doesn't work and hasn't for a long time. My lender has asked for a letter of explanation signed by my husband "that states that he does not work"...

    So do they just need a signed statement saying he's unemployed or do they need to know WHY? Or what other specific details do they need? Should he include when his last job was? I just don't want to give unnecessary information.

    submitted by /u/luna24817
    [link] [comments]

    Lender is requiring a flood insurance for my condo on the 20th floor in order to close on the HELOC. How can there be a flood on a 20th floor unit??

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    I'm in the process of getting a HELOC on my condo and my lender is insisting on a flood insurance for my apt on the 20th floor.

    I explained to them that my condo already has a flood insurance policy and the insurance companies I've talked to do not issue flood insurance for individual units on high rises since it would be redundant (my building already has a policy of over 90million) and unnecessary (if water levels were to reach my floor, it would have apocalyptic implications)

    Have anyone else come across lenders with this requirement for units on high rises? What's the solution here?

    I appreciate any input!

    submitted by /u/pineapples12321
    [link] [comments]

    Realtors in NW USA: Where is cheap land connected to wilderness and mountains?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I live in Denver right now. I am interested in moving to a rural area that:

    -might have relatively cheap property for sale that's connected (walk-able) to national forest or wilderness,

    -is underdeveloped, but not so remote I couldn't get cell service,

    -is close to the mountains and natural water sources,

    -isn't directly threatened by fracking or potential natural disasters,

    -isn't super cold (not Montana)
    Are there certain areas of America that you'd recommend I check out, that might be a good fit for my list? What can you tell me about them? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mokita
    [link] [comments]

    What should I ask the construction manager that is building my home?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    Home is currently being built by Lennar in Erie, Colorado. Having an intro call with the Construction Manager tomorrow. First of biweekly construction update calls. Anything I should/shouldn't ask about? Not really sure what to expect on the call. Anyone have experience with this?

    submitted by /u/wordyoprettygood
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on 3.125% interest rate?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Was told we were approved for 3.125% interest rate on a 30 year. No points. Credit score 769.

    Thoughts on this? Should we keep shopping around for a better rate? The lender said they would match any lender that'll give us a better rate.

    submitted by /u/bigteddy123
    [link] [comments]

    Buyer backed out After Inspection without asking for anything to be fixed

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    Inspection listed a handful of what I felt were small things.

    Most notably the roof has hail damage. Also, the breaker has too many circuits on the breaker (recommend evaluation by licensed Electrician.)

    I got the message from the real estate agent that it looked like she was going to back out. Then I got the cancel of sales contract form to sign citing the roof and electrical issues, which seem...minor. And easily fixable.

    Are these way bigger issues than I'm realizing? I kind of get the vibe she was just looking to get out at that point. It's so weird that she didn't ask us to fix anything or provide money towards it.

    submitted by /u/jm192
    [link] [comments]

    Can you buy a Pre foreclosed/ foreclosed home?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Can you buy a home that's in preforclosure/ is foreclosed? If so. Is it hard to do so? And is it the same ask going to buy a home that's just on the market as normal?

    I don't know anything about it. So do you need to get a loan from the bank that actually owns the home now? Have a bigger down payment etc?

    Also- do I just look on Zillow for those foreclosed homes? Or is it not accurate?

    submitted by /u/iliketohelpyall
    [link] [comments]

    If I live in New York Can I get a Sponsoring Broker in Pennsylvania?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    I plan to study for my real estate license in New York and get a sponsoring broker after the test, in Pennsylvania I know the states have reciprocity with each other but could anyone explain further how this would go? Would it be better for me to just study for the Pennsylvania exam instead if possible?

    submitted by /u/Finklemeire
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment